Taxation Is Theft

quip

BANNED
Banned
If it's corrupt, people can stop volunteering their money. When tax money is used for cronyism, you just have to keep paying.

Then you throw the baby out with the bath-water...so to speak.

A personal satisfying response though not a socially responsible one.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If the global debt is $200 Trillion, that means America represents 10% of the world's debt. America makes up about 4.44% of the world population.

and what proportion of the total world GDP?

(hint - it's not 4.44%

Spoiler
Share-of-world-gdp-by-country.jpg

Daniel1769

Then you throw the baby out with the bath-water...so to speak.

A personal satisfying response though not a socially responsible one.

No, the money goes to a different method. If one entity is providing sub par service, you move the money to a better one. This is the free market. That's like saying "I had a bad meal at this restaurant, I'm never eating there again. I'll just throw the entire restaurant industry out with the bathwater." No, you'd go to a better restaurant next time. I'm not sure why free market principles are so difficult to understand, especially since that's what we're supposed to be using in general. Somehow when applying these principles to other areas, people cannot fathom it. As if a road is so complex that only the magic of government can construct one.

Daniel1769

and what proportion of the total world GDP?

(hint - it's not 4.44%

Spoiler
Share-of-world-gdp-by-country.jpg

Who the hell cares? The public will never be paid, and can never be paid. If you don't understand this concept, you need to familiarize yourself with the American monetary system, especially the Federal Reserve system. Graduate high school, then come back to talk, lil' fella.

Daniel1769

you got one of these in your garage?

Zipper_I95_JRB_2.jpg

Are you joking or serious?

You do realize that government contracts road building to private companies. The government doesn't have those things lying around either. They hire the private sector to do it. I swear, dude, you're too ignorant to talk to. Go do your homework. You have junior high school on Monday.

Daniel1769

ok - do you have any idea how much it costs to rent one of those?

It costs less than the government pays. The government pays much more for everything. If you've ever worked with government on infrastructure, you would know that. At a meeting with a rep from the Department of Transportation, I was personally told it would cost me half the amount to hire my own private contractor than it would to have the government do the infrastructure work in question. This is a known fact, but I do have the anecdotal evidence of having gotten this first hand from one of their reps. If it was done privately, it would cost less than whatever the government is paying. You seem to have very little knowledge of how the world actually works. Whatever you learned in 10th grade civis class last week is garbage.

Daniel1769

ok, so you're gonna rent one to do your little patch of road in front of your house

how much do you think you're gonna have to pay?

You wouldn't rent that to mend a pot hole. You can fix a pot hole with some hot patch and a shovel. Or some cold patch and a shovel, but that won't last as long. Do you think that thing drives around to mend cracks and potholes in the road? I'm sorry, kid. I shouldn't be so condescending. I didn't know much about how to fix potholes and stuff when I was a kid either.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
If the global debt is $200 Trillion, that means America represents 10% of the world's debt. America makes up about 4.44% of the world population.

4.44% of the world population makes up 10% of the world debt. Yeah, I guess you're right. It's not that bad.

Are you joking or trying to be serious?

Half the world population has no debt. Or a large economy.
Or even reliable resources for that matter :rolleyes:

If any of you cared so much about the debt, there would be something- anything- that showed it other than your self-righteous drivel. You all are the joke: the most straightforward way of paying back the debt is theft according to you :wave2:

Daniel1769

Half the world population has no debt. Or a large economy.
Or even reliable resources for that matter :rolleyes:

If any of you cared so much about the debt, there would be something- anything- that showed it other than your self-righteous drivel. You all are the joke :wave2:

You, sir, do not care about the debt. If you did, you'd stop trying to perpetuate it and contribute to the discussion about how to end it. Continuing to swipe the credit card and extorting the public to pay the interest isn't doing to solve it, I'm sorry to tell you.

Daniel1769

You, sir, do not care about the debt. If you did, you'd stop trying to perpetuate it and contribute to the discussion about how to end it. Continuing to swipe the credit card and extorting the public to pay the interest isn't doing to solve it, I'm sorry to tell you.

Further, you admitted you do not pay taxes and you live off of the government, so I don't care in the slightest what your opinions are about how much everyone else should pay. You apparently want that tax money to keep flowing so you suck more of it down.