Taxation Is Theft

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And chattel slavery was legal and abortion is legal. Doesn't make it right.
The law is not a particular moral instrument, though it tends to serve a moral end. The law is a balancing of right and necessity.

I understand that you won't debate the morality of taxation, and that is fine.
I think at that point it becomes so pointlessly subjective that it's a bit like arguing which ice cream is better.

On this I hope we can agree in that Jesus, Peter, Paul all said to pay your taxes, no matter how burdensome they can get so we should pay as to not offend them.
Caesar's is Caesar's, so long as Caesar doesn't demand we give him that which is God's. How's that?

Zeke

My My what TH (Babylonian ID carrier) won't tell you about being a compact whore that he is!
Ripe Fruit from a poisonous tree that Melvin Stamper wrote about a Honest Lawyer who exposed the compact that TH loves.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
How did you know? Wow I have to rethink my low opinion of you ABA.
You overreach rhetorically to the point where whatever it is you're trying to communicate is buried under the effort.

My My what TH (Babylonian ID carrier)
See, that just looks nutty. It obscures whatever follows.

won't tell you about being a compact whore that he is!
Hostile and nutty, always a compelling, convincing combo.

Ripe Fruit from a poisonous tree that Melvin Stamper wrote about a Honest Lawyer who exposed the compact that TH loves.
Oh good grief. Stamper? My favorite bit on the cover of that one is, "You were made a slave by the way your name was spelled!" Really invites its target audience. :poly: