Stripping Is Lucrative (Public school alert)

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by granite1010

Don't see what's so "strange" about my ideas on this thread. What's "strange" is the way you jump to conclusions (my position on abortion, for example).

Yep, I am glad that you are against murdering unborn babies.

Rolf Ernst

MY,my!! Isn't it terrible that the children in Christian schools and home schooled children are deprived of the great advantage of social adjustment through the government schools!! TSK, TSK!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rolf Ernst

MY,my!! Isn't it terrible that the children in Christian schools and home schooled children are deprived of the great advantage of social adjustment through the government schools!! TSK, TSK!

Personally I don't see why everyone's flipping out over this. Now, if they brought a STRIPPER in and she started extolling the life that'd be one thing. But what the guy said is, technically, true: there's money to be made.

By the way, having gone to a parochial school I can tell you plenty goes down in there that wouldn't look out of place in a public one.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Why not? Sometimes things don't work out when you're dating. In any event, how do you propose people meet other people and see if they're a fit? You have to get out there, see what's out there, and figure out what you want for yourself. You also have to get to know people. Pretty straightforward.
Yeah. Dating is the only way you can ever get to know anybody. I've met all of my friends this way.:rolleyes:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mr Jack

IMO, not living with someone before you marry them is just plain stupid. There's no other word for it. I expect it's one of the contributing factors in the higher divorce rate among Christians.
Uh huh.:rolleyes: Is that why the divorce rate was lower when people didn't live together before marriage?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lighthouse

Yeah. Dating is the only way you can ever get to know anybody. I've met all of my friends this way.:rolleyes:

Brandon. Don't be a tool. How else are you going to figure out if you want to marry someone, much less even like them, without dating them first?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

Brandon. Don't be a tool. How else are you going to figure out if you want to marry someone, much less even like them, without dating them first?

Spend time with them in a group setting. Couples don't have to be alone to get to know each other.

Having sex right away (dating in the 00's) is not getting to know them, unless sex is all you are after.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by lighthouse
Uh huh.:rolleyes: Is that why the divorce rate was lower when people didn't live together before marriage?
No, the divorce rate was lower because in those days getting divorced was usually a sentence to death by starvation or exposure.

And no, people were not inclined to take suffering strangers into their homes.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Shimei

Spend time with them in a group setting. Couples don't have to be alone to get to know each other.

Having sex right away (dating in the 00's) is not getting to know them, unless sex is all you are after.

Shimei: why do you, Brandon, and others seem to think "dating" automatically means "sex"? Says more about you than me.

By the way, this group setting nonsense is a waste of time and awkward, especially if you honestly DO just want some legitimate one-on-one time to get to know one another.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

Shimei: why do you, Brandon, and others seem to think "dating" automatically means "sex"? Says more about you than me.

A man and a woman who are attracted to each other and who spend a lot of time alone with each other. Hello?

Granite

Hall of Fame

A man and a woman who are attracted to each other and who spend a lot of time alone with each other. Hello?

Well, you obviously think self-control is an impossibility...

Personally I think the idea of adults needing to be chaperoned in groups is a little ridiculous, but that's just me.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Gerald

No, the divorce rate was lower because in those days getting divorced was usually a sentence to death by starvation or exposure.
Living Together Before Marriage Leads To Divorce
7 August 2003

Even though more than 50 percent of couples now do it, compared with only 10 percent thirty years ago, living together before marriage is still linked to higher rates of troubled unions, divorce and separation, Penn State researchers have found.

The Penn State team compared data on 1425 people married between 1964 and 1980 when cohabitation was less common and between 1981 and 1997 when cohabitation was more common. In both groups, cohabiters reported less happiness and more marital conflict than noncohabiters. Also, couples who lived together before marriage were more likely to divorce.

Claire M. Kamp Dush, first author of the study said, "It had been consistently shown in the past that, contrary to the popular belief that living together will improve a person's ability to choose a marriage partner and stay married, the opposite is actually the case."

The study, "The Relationship Between Cohabitation and Marital Quality and Stability: Change Across Cohorts?," was published in the Journal of Marriage and the Family. Dush's co-authors are Dr. Catherine Cohan and Dr. Paul Amato.

Although all the reasons why cohabitation and troubled unions are related remains unknown, the researchers report that their data and a review of the literature suggest that both personal characteristics and the experience of cohabitation play important roles.

The Penn State team notes that research indicates that people choose riskier partners when cohabiting because they think cohabitation will be easier to break up than marriage. However, once a couple is living together, the fact that they share possessions, pets, and children and have invested time in their relationship may propel them to marry.

Research has also shown that living together in an unconventional relationship can make people less religious and may encourage them to develop problematic relationship skills and to spend less time resolving problems or providing support to their partners.

They write, "A weak commitment to lifelong marriage and less attention to communication skills during cohabitation may carry over into marriage and make couples more vulnerable to the inevitable challenges that couples face over time."

Granite

Hall of Fame
I dunno. Personally those I know who either lived together versus those who didn't is a wash. I think it's just a matter of different strokes.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

Well, you obviously think self-control is an impossibility...

So are you implying that having sex while dating is wrong?

Gerald

Resident Fiend
So are you implying that having sex while dating is wrong?
It certainly creates more problems than it solves, and is best avoided.

Of course, not all folks on the dating scene have that much foresight..

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

You're a complete dumbass. I know my best friend pretty well, and I've spent time alone with him. Those times were obviously not dates. I can get to know someone and spend time alone with them, without it being a date.