Stripping Is Lucrative (Public school alert)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lighthouse

It's not a lecture on life. You're a jerk. And that's putting it nicely.

Funny how those filled with the love of Christ turn into hateful toddlers...

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by firechyld

We might get married one day. It's not what we want right now.

Why not?

Or is it more like, why should he? He is getting what he wants right now, without any real commitment.

Not a prostitute either.

So you performed sexual acts for free?

What on earth should I call him? He IS my partner.

Until something better comes along.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by granite1010

Well obviously firechyld thinks it's either important, satisfying, or going somewhere. You don't date people you think are a perfect fit, because no one is. You date to figure it out...

To figure what out? How to break up?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Shimei

To figure what out? How to break up?

Why not? Sometimes things don't work out when you're dating. In any event, how do you propose people meet other people and see if they're a fit? You have to get out there, see what's out there, and figure out what you want for yourself. You also have to get to know people. Pretty straightforward.

Mr Jack

Or is it more like, why should he? He is getting what he wants right now, without any real commitment.

Wow, you have a really broken view of marriage there, Shimei. It seems in your world, men only get married so they can have sex with their partners, and the women better hold out or they won't be able to forcing their partner into doing something they don't want.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

Why not? Sometimes things don't work out when you're dating. In any event, how do you propose people meet other people and see if they're a fit? You have to get out there, see what's out there, and figure out what you want for yourself. You also have to get to know people. Pretty straightforward.

It might even lead to shaking up and obtaining a PARTNER.....

Granite

Hall of Fame

It might even lead to shaking up and obtaining a PARTNER.....

Well, you have a problem with this and I don't. So I'm not shaking in my boots.

Personally I wish I had lived with my ex before we plunged into marriage. Would've saved us both a lot of trouble.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Mr Jack

Wow, you have a really broken view of marriage there, Shimei. It seems in your world, men only get married so they can have sex with their partners, and the women better hold out or they won't be able to forcing their partner into doing something they don't want.

Men do not get married just to have sex. Nowhere did I say that.
But if women are willing to have sex without any real commitment from a man, then the chances of the man wanting to get married go down.

Mr Jack

IMO, not living with someone before you marry them is just plain stupid. There's no other word for it. I expect it's one of the contributing factors in the higher divorce rate among Christians.

Mr Jack

But if women are willing to have sex without any real commitment from a man, then the chances of the man wanting to get married go down.

Which is equivalent to saying that women need to bribe men into marriage with the promise of sex - which is a broken view of marriage.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

Well, you have a problem with this and I don't. So I'm not shaking in my boots.

Personally I wish I had lived with my ex before we plunged into marriage. Would've saved us both a lot of trouble.

Actually God has a problem with this. It is called fornication.

Maybe now you can go out and find someone to shack up with and never get married at all. Firechyld seems happy with her situation. Plus if you ever get tired of your partner, you can always move on to a new and improved one. Don't worry if you have kids, they won't mind.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

IMO, not living with someone before you marry them is just plain stupid. There's no other word for it. I expect it's one of the contributing factors in the higher divorce rate among Christians.

A higher divorce rate among Christians? Where did you get that idea from?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

Which is equivalent to saying that women need to bribe men into marriage with the promise of sex - which is a broken view of marriage.

A man and a woman committed in marriage is equivalent to a bribe? You are the one who is broken.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Actually God has a problem with this. It is called fornication.

Maybe now you can go out and find someone to shack up with and never get married at all. Firechyld seems happy with her situation. Plus if you ever get tired of your partner, you can always move on to a new and improved one. Don't worry if you have kids, they won't mind.

Shimei, you don't seem to realize: not being a Christian any longer, I could really care less what Christians consider fornication or not. I've seen enough shady behavior by Christians to know a lot of them don't seem phased by it, either.

Now, your smarmy little self-righteous carping aside, I do intend to get married again at some point and have a family, and do right what I did wrong before. But what I do in the meantime is my business and it's really not any of yours. By the way, you're the one who sounds unsatisified, while apostates like me, Jack, and firechyld are just living our lives and not obsessing about yours.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

Shimei, you don't seem to realize: not being a Christian any longer, I could really care less what Christians consider fornication or not. I've seen enough shady behavior by Christians to know a lot of them don't seem phased by it, either.

Now, your smarmy little self-righteous carping aside, I do intend to get married again at some point and have a family, and do right what I did wrong before. But what I do in the meantime is my business and it's really not any of yours. By the way, you're the one who sounds unsatisified, while apostates like me, Jack, and firechyld are just living our lives and not obsessing about yours.

I am just debating the issues; I am not at all obsessed with your life. You have some strange ideas and plenty of them.

How do you stop being a Christian? You either are one are you are not. By that I mean you have repented and accepted Christ as your Savior or you have not.

Granite

Hall of Fame

I am just debating the issues; I am not at all obsessed with your life. You have some strange ideas and plenty of them.

How do you stop being a Christian? You either are one are you are not. By that I mean you have repented and accepted Christ as your Savior or you have not.

Don't see what's so "strange" about my ideas on this thread. What's "strange" is the way you jump to conclusions (my position on abortion, for example).

As for the whole stopped being a Christian thing, I've covered that topic on other threads and really don't feel like rehashing/hijacking this thread.