Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
stunrut said:
I'm, admittedly, confused. Where does God state that homosexuality is a crime. The fact that he said it was wrong doesn't make it a crime. Please clue me in so I don't make this blunder again.
"If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death: their blood shall be upon them."
-Leviticus 20:13

Joe Roberts

BANNED
Banned
Lighthouse said:
"If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death: their blood shall be upon them."
-Leviticus 20:13

Who would be doing this killing?

moonface

BANNED
Banned
If there is a precedent for things being revoked then why not other things?

by the way who is going to decide what without cause means - what if I think you called me stupid with out cause - you could be in danger of the fires of hell. (you could hang out with Abramof and Bill O'Reilly)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
Where do you get that?

Well, actually, you're right. Of course, if the laws were as they should be, I wouldn't have done the things I've done that cause me to deserve execution. I have committed acts of adultery, in the past.

So you, Enyart, and others would be dead under your own criminal code.

Self-loathing, anyone?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
moonface said:
If there is a precedent for things being revoked then why not other things?

by the way who is going to decide what without cause means - what if I think you called me stupid with out cause - you could be in danger of the fires of hell. (you could hang out with Abramof and Bill O'Reilly)
If my salvation wasn't secure in Christ, you might have a point. And, fyi, God decides what "without cause" means.:duh:

Evee

Lighthouse said:
That's if neither of the parties are married. She was.
No you was a fornicator and she was the adulterer.
Why woud a married woman go with you did she seduce you?
Maybe she wanted a toy.
I may be wrong on fornication.
I need to look it up.
Either way fornication or adultery it is having sex with someone other than your wife or husband.

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Evee said:
No you was a fornicator and she was the adulterer.
Why woud a married woman go with you did she seduce you?
Maybe she wanted a toy.
I may be wrong on fornication.
I need to look it up.
Either way fornication or adultery it is having sex with someone other than your wife or husband.
Actually, adultery does not have to involve anything sexual. And this did not involve intercourse, so by most standards it wasn't even fornication. But that's not how I see it. It was adultery, plain and simple. But it wasn't an affair.:nono: It was a one time thing, playing a game of truth or dare. And I've made my amends to her [former] husband. He and I are still friends.

Joe Roberts

BANNED
Banned
Lighthouse said:
Actually, adultery does not have to involve anything sexual. And this did not involve intercourse, so by most standards it wasn't even fornication. But that's not how I see it. It was adultery, plain and simple. But it wasn't an affair.:nono: It was a one time thing, playing a game of truth or dare. And I've made my amends to her [former] husband. He and I are still friends.

What would you know about adultery? Has your girl/boy friend been cheating on you?

Evee

Lighthouse said:
I notice you said former husband...I hope you didn't confess to him while they were married.
Did you make your amends to the woman you obviously thought was easy?
I think she deserves the amend more than the husband, after all she was the victim not the husband.
This just sounds strange to me. :wazzup:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Evee said:
I notice you said former husband...I hope you didn't confess to him while they were married.
Did you make your amends to the woman you obviously thought was easy?
I think she deserves the amend more than the husband, after all she was the victim not the husband.
This just sounds strange to me. :wazzup:
They were still legally married when I confessed, but she had left him already. And since she hadn't told him, which I beleive she should have been the one, I told him. And I haven't seen her much since then. She also moved out of town, from what I hear. And she was not a victim. I didn't do something because I thought she was easy, and since she's not here to speak on her behalf, I'll leave that alone. But I did it because we were all [the three who were there that night] a little "frisky." And there was some alcohol involved, and since the other person was there, she was interested in something happening. We were all at fault, all of us guilty.

Morpheus

Lighthouse said:
Where do you get that?

Well, actually, you're right. Of course, if the laws were as they should be, I wouldn't have done the things I've done that cause me to deserve execution. I have committed acts of adultery, in the past.
Matthew 7:1-3
1"Do not judge so that you will not be judged.
2"For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
If you then judge that a homosexual should be executed because his sin deserves death, do you judge yourself by the same standard? Obviously God does. So why do you believe you are somehow better than they are? Whatever happened to mercy? Where is forgiveness? They wanted to stone the woman at the well and Jesus intevened. He confronted them with their own sins and then he himself forgave the woman. The parallel between your beliefs and those with the stones seems too obvious to ignore.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Morpheus said:
If you then judge that a homosexual should be executed because his sin deserves death, do you judge yourself by the same standard? Obviously God does. So why do you believe you are somehow better than they are? Whatever happened to mercy? Where is forgiveness? They wanted to stone the woman at the well and Jesus intevened. He confronted them with their own sins and then he himself forgave the woman. The parallel between your beliefs and those with the stones seems too obvious to ignore.
I'm not a homosexual. Dee Dee Dee.

However, I have committed adultery, and I deserve execution for that. So, yes, I judge myself by the same standard. And even though I have repented, and God has forgiven me, and even she and her husband have forgiven me, that doesn't change the fact that according to God's standard I deserve execution.