Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Morpheus

Lighthouse said:
I'm not a homosexual. Dee Dee Dee.

However, I have committed adultery, and I deserve execution for that. So, yes, I judge myself by the same standard. And even though I have repented, and God has forgiven me, and even she and her husband have forgiven me, that doesn't change the fact that according to God's standard I deserve execution.
Maybe you missed this part:
Matthew 7:1-3
1"Do not judge so that you will not be judged.

2"For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
It doesn't say that you should judge yourself by the standard you judge others, it says that God will judge you by the standard you judge others. That is the expanded description of why you are commanded not to judge others.
v1 1"Do not judge so that you will not be judged.
The point is that you have been commanded not to judge the person. You can evaluate his actions in order to determine how to approach him about his salvation, but judgement belongs to God. Governments have been established to judge his crimes, but that also is not delegated to you. Your job, as a Christian, is to bring him to God. If you hate him; if you wish him dead, then you will fail to obey your command.
Matthew 28:18-20
18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Look at Jonah. He hated the Ninevites and refused to go to them as he was commanded. Just how well did that go for him? You are not just told to go to them, you are commanded to love them.
Matthew 5:38-48
38"You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.'

39"But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

40"If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also.

41"Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two.

42"Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you.

43"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.'

44"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

45so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

46"For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?

47"If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?

48"Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
I've included a bit more than just the one verse because this passage covers far more than just your viewpoint on homosexuals, it gets into all of your hatred and even your viewpoint of the poor. You can't hate them and fulfill the commanments of God. You can't just ignore them and fulfill the commandments of God. You must embrace them and give of yourself to them in order to do what God commands.

Evee

Lighthouse said:
They were still legally married when I confessed, but she had left him already. And since she hadn't told him, which I beleive she should have been the one, I told him. And I haven't seen her much since then. She also moved out of town, from what I hear. And she was not a victim. I didn't do something because I thought she was easy, and since she's not here to speak on her behalf, I'll leave that alone. But I did it because we were all [the three who were there that night] a little "frisky." And there was some alcohol involved, and since the other person was there, she was interested in something happening. We were all at fault, all of us guilty.

Lighthouse I have noticed from your posts that Alcohol is always involved when you do these things that you are condemning others for.
What do you say....Why wouldn't you just abstain from alcohol since it seems to make you sin.
I also know many use the excuse they drank to much otherwise they wouldn't have done what they do.
I don't believe it.....
They do what they want to do because they want to do it.
Alcohol is the excuse they use.

stunrut

Alcohol lowers inhibition. It's simple fact. Evee is right about alcohol being a recurring theme.

Unfortunately alcohol isn't an excuse. Even if you might not have acted wrongly without it you still chose to drink alcohol knowing that it can make you do things you shouldn't.

If you choose to continue drinking alcohol and not seek help don't worry. Satan'll help ya.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Evee said:
Lighthouse I have noticed from your posts that Alcohol is always involved when you do these things that you are condemning others for.
What do you say....Why wouldn't you just abstain from alcohol since it seems to make you sin.
I also know many use the excuse they drank to much otherwise they wouldn't have done what they do.
I don't believe it.....
They do what they want to do because they want to do it.
Alcohol is the excuse they use.
1] Alcohol is not always involved.
2] I wasn't drunk when this happened. I had had one drink. So your point fails.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Morpheus said:
Maybe you missed this part:
It doesn't say that you should judge yourself by the standard you judge others, it says that God will judge you by the standard you judge others. That is the expanded description of why you are commanded not to judge others.
Wrong. We are not commanded not to judge, we are commanded not to judge hypocritically. Try reading verses 4 and 5. If there is no plank in my eye, I can see clearly to remove the speck from my brothers' eye.

The point is that you have been commanded not to judge the person. You can evaluate his actions in order to determine how to approach him about his salvation, but judgement belongs to God. Governments have been established to judge his crimes, but that also is not delegated to you. Your job, as a Christian, is to bring him to God. If you hate him; if you wish him dead, then you will fail to obey your command.
Look at Jonah. He hated the Ninevites and refused to go to them as he was commanded. Just how well did that go for him? You are not just told to go to them, you are commanded to love them.

I've included a bit more than just the one verse because this passage covers far more than just your viewpoint on homosexuals, it gets into all of your hatred and even your viewpoint of the poor. You can't hate them and fulfill the commanments of God. You can't just ignore them and fulfill the commandments of God. You must embrace them and give of yourself to them in order to do what God commands.
You're completely wrong. Jesus did not command us not to judge. In fact, He commanded us to judge. [Jesus]"Do not judge based on outward appearance, but judge righteous judgment."[/Jesus]

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
stunrut said:
Evee is right about alcohol being a recurring theme.
No she isn't. And anytime I've been drunk enough where I might have done something like that, I didn't do anything like that.

Morpheus

Lighthouse said:
Wrong. We are not commanded not to judge, we are commanded not to judge hypocritically. Try reading verses 4 and 5. If there is no plank in my eye, I can see clearly to remove the speck from my brothers' eye.

You're completely wrong. Jesus did not command us not to judge. In fact, He commanded us to judge. [Jesus]"Do not judge based on outward appearance, but judge righteous judgment."[/Jesus]
"Do not judge so that you will not be judged" does not say maybe. And if you think that you do not have a plank in your eye it must be wonderful to have arrived. Beside that, your do not want to take the speck from your brothers eye, you want to kill him. Taking out the speck is an act of love.

I learned long ago that we never will arrive in this life. It is much like the first time a person drives toward the Rocky Mountains on a clear day. You can see them off in the distance and think, "It won't be long now!" Then after driving many miles you realize that they don't seem to be getting much closer. It takes a great deal of driving just to get to the foothills, and you still haven't started the hard climb. In youth people are often fooled into thinking they are doing well. Time and wisdom teach us that we were much further away than we ever imagined, and that we never will complete the climb. God will eventually have to reach down, pick us up and place us on top of the mountain. James Dobson's father explained it like this. When he was old he said that in his youth his vision of Heaven was like looking through the curtains, but he didn't know any different. As he aged and his eyes began to weaken his vision of Heaven began to clear until, near the end, he could see it vividly and was ready to go. I will pray for your vision to clear.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Morpheus said:
"Do not judge so that you will not be judged" does not say maybe. And if you think that you do not have a plank in your eye it must be wonderful to have arrived. Beside that, your do not want to take the speck from your brothers eye, you want to kill him. Taking out the speck is an act of love.
You're a retard. I want to execute criminals, because I love all people, not just sinners. And God removed the planks from my eyes. Executing criminals is an act ov love, whether you want to believe it or not.

I learned long ago that we never will arrive in this life. It is much like the first time a person drives toward the Rocky Mountains on a clear day. You can see them off in the distance and think, "It won't be long now!" Then after driving many miles you realize that they don't seem to be getting much closer. It takes a great deal of driving just to get to the foothills, and you still haven't started the hard climb. In youth people are often fooled into thinking they are doing well. Time and wisdom teach us that we were much further away than we ever imagined, and that we never will complete the climb. God will eventually have to reach down, pick us up and place us on top of the mountain. James Dobson's father explained it like this. When he was old he said that in his youth his vision of Heaven was like looking through the curtains, but he didn't know any different. As he aged and his eyes began to weaken his vision of Heaven began to clear until, near the end, he could see it vividly and was ready to go. I will pray for your vision to clear.
:dunce::duh:

Huff

BANNED
Banned
Lighthouse said:
You're a retard. I want to execute criminals, because I love all people, not just sinners. And God removed the planks from my eyes. Executing criminals is an act ov love, whether you want to believe it or not.

What happens if you execute an incident man?

Morpheus

Lighthouse said:

Sorry to tell you, but he's still prying on those planks. You're just holding onto them to tightly. But you can't see that because you have the planks in your eyes. It must be difficult believing that you are the only one who is right about everything.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Morpheus said:
Sorry to tell you, but he's still prying on those planks. You're just holding onto them to tightly. But you can't see that because you have the planks in your eyes. It must be difficult believing that you are the only one who is right about everything.
You're just a moron. I'm not right about everything, nor have I ever believed I was. You are an idiot, and not worth any more of my time.

Morpheus

Lighthouse said:
You're just a moron. I'm not right about everything, nor have I ever believed I was. You are an idiot, and not worth any more of my time.
A little touchy are you. Several others have tried to point out some obvious areas where you fall short, but instead of considering that they may have a point you defend vehemently your behaviors. Then you say that you aren't right about everything, but have no planks in your eyes. The inconsistencies of your statements should be obvious even to you. But instead of introspection and repentance you continue to throw name-calling fits to defend your behaviors. One other thing I have learned is that when someone gets defensive and screams loudly it is usually because they inwardly know they are wrong, but don't want to give up the sin. If it continues it will eat you up.

Nazaroo

Huff said:
What happens if you execute an incident man?

...he bursts into flames? DO you mean indecent, or innocent?

Back to the subject.

Referring to the Holy Scriptures as a standard, there are two important points:

(1) only the WHOLE Law can result in fairness and justice, applied without paritiality. This automatically includes the LAW OF TWO WITNESSES. God did NOT grant mankind 'Card Blanche' to enforce His Holy Law whenever Mankind feels like it. Man was ALWAYS given a limited enforcement powers, limited by the Law itself!

(2) Generally speaking, the wages of sin is Death, NOT torture.

a) TORTURE is Totally ILLEGAL under the Laws of God. Modern forms of execution involve both psychological (anticipatory) torture and physical torture in the current methods of execution used for instance in the USA. These are totally opposed to the Law of the Most High and Living God.

b) Imprisonment and Incarceration are also TOTALLY AGAINST the Holy Law of God. There can be no straying to the Right or Left of the Law. There is NO form of imprisonment proscribed under God's Law. The practice of IMPRISONMENT is EGYPTIAN and later the ROMANS copied this pattern of legal system. IT IS WHOLLY OPPOSED TO THE LAWS OF THE LIVING GOD.

In summary, the current legal and penal systems used today are completely opposed to the Law of the Lord God of Israel, Creator of Heavens and Earth, and are under condemnation by the Holy Scriptures. Those who practice LAWLESSNESS (opposition to GOD'S law) are accursed and condemned already, and destined for the Lake of Fire.

So long. ta ta. Bye now Satanists.

Huff

BANNED
Banned
Nazaroo said:
...he bursts into flames? DO you mean indecent, or innocent?

Back to the subject.

Referring to the Holy Scriptures as a standard, there are two important points:

(1) only the WHOLE Law can result in fairness and justice, applied without paritiality. This automatically includes the LAW OF TWO WITNESSES. God did NOT grant mankind 'Card Blanche' to enforce His Holy Law whenever Mankind feels like it. Man was ALWAYS given a limited enforcement powers, limited by the Law itself!

(2) Generally speaking, the wages of sin is Death, NOT torture.

a) TORTURE is Totally ILLEGAL under the Laws of God. Modern forms of execution involve both psychological (anticipatory) torture and physical torture in the current methods of execution used for instance in the USA. These are totally opposed to the Law of the Most High and Living God.

b) Imprisonment and Incarceration are also TOTALLY AGAINST the Holy Law of God. There can be no straying to the Right or Left of the Law. There is NO form of imprisonment proscribed under God's Law. The practice of IMPRISONMENT is EGYPTIAN and later the ROMANS copied this pattern of legal system. IT IS WHOLLY OPPOSED TO THE LAWS OF THE LIVING GOD.

In summary, the current legal and penal systems used today are completely opposed to the Law of the Lord God of Israel, Creator of Heavens and Earth, and are under condemnation by the Holy Scriptures. Those who practice LAWLESSNESS (opposition to GOD'S law) are accursed and condemned already, and destined for the Lake of Fire.

So long. ta ta. Bye now Satanists.

Oppps I meant innocent.

Nazaroo

"oops..."

Thanks for clarifying that.

Just one more legal note here:

The only death penalty specified under the Law of God for 'homosexuality' is that of "lying with a man as with a woman" in Leviticus.

Since a man has no vagina, this is of course impossible.

Technically, this Law can only prohibit intercourse with hermaphrodites and other freaks. (Sorry kids.)

Sodomy is not covered in the Old Testament, but as a relatively 'modern' perversion apparently perfected by the Greeks, it is likely outside the Spirit of the Law.

azrael777

Nazaroo said:
"oops..."

Thanks for clarifying that.

Just one more legal note here:

The only death penalty specified under the Law of God for 'homosexuality' is that of "lying with a man as with a woman" in Leviticus.

Since a man has no vagina, this is of course impossible.

Technically, this Law can only prohibit intercourse with hermaphrodites and other freaks. (Sorry kids.)

Sodomy is not covered in the Old Testament, but as a relatively 'modern' perversion apparently perfected by the Greeks, it is likely outside the Spirit of the Law.
I cant ever remember God letting someone slip through a loophole. Thats all you have tried to do, create a loophole. That verse means for a man to have sexual intercourse with another man and every one knows that. You are just trying to dodge the issue.

Nazaroo

Actually no.

I'm not trying to dodge the issue. Homosexuality is a sin.
My point is that those who insist on the lettter of the Law better know what they are talking about.

The Spirit of the Law is plain. But it also includes not taking the Law into your own hands.

In Romans, Paul makes it clear that homosexuality in the case of our world leaders, like Bush, is actually a punishment in itself from God. God has chosen not to kill them, but hand them over to their own perversions to reap the consequences. Who are we to interfere with a Divine Punishment from God?

Stand back and see the power and the glory of Our God, the Lord God of Israel, Creator of Heavens and Earth.
Who is on the Lord's side? Stand here beside Moses.

It is not the place of modern Christians to attempt to enforce God's Law.
God is a big boy, and he needs no help from any man.

I suggest not interfering with a mighty work of the Living God.
Those who got in the way when He dealt with Egypt are dead.

azrael777

I voted no at the begening of this thread i think punishment for certain crimes is given over to the Lord in this world and all crimes in the next. Gays should probably get theres in the next.

Evee

azrael777 said:
I voted no at the begening of this thread i think punishment for certain crimes is given over to the Lord in this world and all crimes in the next. Gays should probably get theres in the next.
Yes I think so also.