Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Nazaroo said:
"oops..."

Thanks for clarifying that.

Just one more legal note here:

The only death penalty specified under the Law of God for 'homosexuality' is that of "lying with a man as with a woman" in Leviticus.

Since a man has no vagina, this is of course impossible.

Technically, this Law can only prohibit intercourse with hermaphrodites and other freaks. (Sorry kids.)

Sodomy is not covered in the Old Testament, but as a relatively 'modern' perversion apparently perfected by the Greeks, it is likely outside the Spirit of the Law.
That is completely retarded.

Army of One

Nazaroo said:
"oops..."

The only death penalty specified under the Law of God for 'homosexuality' is that of "lying with a man as with a woman" in Leviticus.

Technically, this Law can only prohibit intercourse with hermaphrodites and other freaks. (Sorry kids.)

Sodomy is not covered in the Old Testament, but as a relatively 'modern' perversion apparently perfected by the Greeks, it is likely outside the Spirit of the Law.
By this same logic, would you argue that Genesis 9 only prohibits murder when the victim is male?

Big Mouth Nana

Evee said:
I was talking to a friend that watched brokeback mountain, she told me it was nothing like we all expected.
No gross at all.
Just two people with a strong bond.
My curiosity is up.
Their bond was a little to strong for me. I just watched Brokeback Mountain tonight over at my daughters house. Needless to say before it was over, I told her to turn it off, that I was going home. The storyline was boring, and there was nothing thrilling about watching two cowboys making out in frenzied passion. Now if the dark haired cowboy had been making out in frenzied passion with a woman, I would have been panting, :crackup: I thought that he was very good looking :Shimei:

paulpeterson83

BANNED
Banned
Big Mouth Nana said:
Themselves, lol. They have both organs, so why look elsewhere?

Kind of a silly answer Nana. But seriously, who are they supposed to be attracted to? Men, woman? Other hermaphrodites?

Are there any in the bible? None that I'm aware of.

Big Mouth Nana

paulpeterson83 said:
Kind of a silly answer Nana. But seriously, who are they supposed to be attracted to? Men, woman? Other hermaphrodites?

Are there any in the bible? None that I'm aware of.
Gee, no sense of humor!!! I saw one on a talk show several years ago. They are really confused people, and this one went both ways. I have never read anywhere in the bible of them being in there. There is surgery that can make them one or the other, and they go for whatever gender they lean toward. Since it is a freak of birth, I don't think that it is considered a sin since they have both organs. The surgery is very expensive, and not all can afford it.

paulpeterson83

BANNED
Banned
Big Mouth Nana said:
Gee, no sense of humor!!! I saw one on a talk show several years ago. They are really confused people, and this one went both ways. I have never read anywhere in the bible of them being in there. There is surgery that can make them one or the other, and they go for whatever gender they lean toward. Since it is a freak of birth, I don't think that it is considered a sin since they have both organs. The surgery is very expensive, and not all can afford it.

I got you Nana, I'm just trying to ge to the heart of the subject. I'm just curious is all. I am aware of surgery, but do they get a pass as far as the sexual partner is concerned?

Army of One

Nazaroo said:
"oops..."

By this same logic, would you argue that Genesis 9 only prohibits murder when the victim is male?

Big Mouth Nana

Nazaroo said:
Many are eunuchs for the Kingdom of God, and many are born eunuchs,
and some are not.
What would be the purpose of having hermaphrodites for the Kingdom of God :confused: Unless you are talking about the ones who are born with no sex organs whatsoever, and I still do not see the purpose. The bible talks about the 144,000 virgins who have not defiled themselves with women. Are you referring to these men?

Real Sorceror

Nazaroo said:
Many are eunuchs for the Kingdom of God, and many are born eunuchs,
and some are not.
Ack, eunuchs. You dont approve of people making eunuchs do you? It completly ruins young boys. They never have proper muscle development, thier vioces sound funny, they dont grow body hair, and, of course, they can never have children.

soothsayer

Big Mouth Nana said:
What would be the purpose of having hermaphrodites for the Kingdom of God :confused:
Are you implying that god does not love hermaphrodites?

Unless you are talking about the ones who are born with no sex organs whatsoever, and I still do not see the purpose.
Again, god does not love these people either...if anything these people need "god's love" more than anyone, don't they? Talk about getting the short end of the stick!

The bible talks about the 144,000 virgins who have not defiled themselves with women. Are you referring to these men?
Doesn't the term "virgins" refer to women? I could be wrong...where is this passage?

Morpheus

Army of One said:
Off the subject, but it was just a little disturbing, considering the subject thread, to see the avatar with the guy and his sheep.

Nazaroo

Army of One said:

The real point is, God didn't write the book of Leviticus. He wrote the Ten Commandments.

Moses and his govenment were supposed to 'interpret' the Ten Commandments via a collected series of rulings and statutes. These were all collected after Moses' death, and recast into the Five Books or Torah as we have them now.

This does not mean that homosexuality is not a sin. But at the time of Moses, it was not even a conceivable (no pun intended) option. Back in those days, men still had enough brains to know that they were a sexually highly differentiated species and that sex had a natural function of bonding and procreation between male and female.

The "homo" phase began seriously with the Greek intellectuals around 500 B.C. It helped to instill the "war culture", and both standing 'armies' and homosexuality are deeply intertwined.

Warfare is unnatural, and warfare glorified is totally gay. You can thank Alexander the 'not so great' for all that we have now.

Hate women? Hate children? Join the army. You can bomb them, rape them, torture them, degrade them, and dominate them and get rewarded for it.

Nonetheless, the book of Leviticus is a weak argument for killing homos.

Big Mouth Nana

soothsayer said:
Are you implying that god does not love hermaphrodites?
Did I say that?? NO! God loves all of His creation...no matter what happens in the womb. I was going by what the other person said about enuchs for the kingdom of God. If that is the case, I was wondering what special purpose God would have for them, unless they are of the 144,000 virgins who just follow God around all of the time as the scripture that I posted below attests to.

Again, god does not love these people either...if anything these people need "god's love" more than anyone, don't they? Talk about getting the short end of the stick!
Most assurdly!!! The mental confusion alone would have to be horrific!!

Doesn't the term "virgins" refer to women? I could be wrong...where is this passage?
Rev 14:4 ~ These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

soothsayer

Big Mouth Nana said:
Did I say that?? NO! God loves all of His creation...no matter what happens in the womb. I was going by what the other person said about enuchs for the kingdom of God. If that is the case, I was wondering what special purpose God would have for them,
Maybe they could become Catholic priests, or nuns? They certainly have no use for gentalia.
Rev 14:4 ~ These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Couldn't "they" be referring to the virgins in this verse? It's at least a possibility. I am admittedly probably wrong in this case. I did think (at least used to think) that the term "virgins" in the Bible always referred to women. The (possible) confusion could probably be resolved by looking at the original Greek text...don't they use gender-specific terms for "they?" Anyways, thanks for the reference BigMouthNana. :thumb:

Sentinel

Alright, I will be relatively brief because I haven't read the whole debate and, given that this thing is 164 pages of posts long, I hope you will forgive me for that.

It seems as though most of you are thinking that the law should be based on the Bible- correct me if I'm wrong. Now, one must look at the fact that America, while a predominantly Christian nation, is supposed to embrace people- even if their ideas are different. Now, the United States also believes in separation of church and state. Now, just because your religion prohibits something doesn't mean that the laws ought be against it. Some things are unquestionably morally wrong (to the majority)- such as murder, rape, adultry etc. and then there are others that are subject to personal or religious beliefs- marriage, homosexuality etc. And as such- the things that are subject to personal/religious beliefs shouldn't be that which we base laws upon. You aren't looking at the big picture if you think that homosexuality is a sin punishable by death. Christianity isn't the only religion on the plant, you know, and while it is the largest, one must take a look at other religions. What of the whole concept of "Live Free or Die?" America was based on religious freedom. Or, rather, the desire for it. So why should you force everyone to live by your religious dictum? That's not freedom. That's tyrrany.