Shooting at SC Church During Bible Study - Suspect still at large

Granite

Hall of Fame
First Please quit insulting Tam - as in there is no excuse for it at all.

Didn't insult her at all.

If the women who wanted the vote years ago were told you would take down the flag and put one up of a woman equal to man -- but would not give women the actual vote - do you think we would have been impressed?

Suffrage was led in large part by northerners (specifically in New England and New York state) and opposed virulently by many if not most southerners.

Daniel1611

People are so sensitive. I don't care one bit about the Confederate flag. What does bother me is people that get offended constantly. Grow up. I can't stand this politically correct culture.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, it looks like Neil Young has finally won.

Walmart has pulled Lynyrd Skynyrd albums with the Confederate Flag on it.

Lynyrd-Skynyrd-Live---Lynyrd-Sky-473505.jpg

"Well, I hope Neil Young will remember a southern man don't need him around anyhow" - Lyrics from Sweet Home Alabama, Lynyrd Skynyrd

rainee

Yeah, they seem fuzzy on the concept of "facts" and "statistics" and "reality" even 150 years later. Guess some things never change.
Sorry I'm so slow to catch up to your nonsense. The article started out with Elvis Presley's home state, right?
You think we can't compare reading yours, Tets, And Fools posts to Elvis Presley singing and not know which State did best?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Southern man
better keep your head
Don't forget
what your good book said
Southern change
gonna come at last
Now your crosses
are burning fast
Southern man"
- Southern Man, Neil Young.

The song that upset Ronnie Van Zant and the rest of Skynyrd.

rainee

Didn't insult her at all.

Suffrage was led in large part by northerners (specifically in New England and New York state) and opposed virulently by many if not most southerners.

I cannot deny the South was more conservative and Bible based.

You may know even their language was still more like the Elizabethan
Speech from when those colonies came from England.

I do not know if I am for all the changes that have happened, and women can be a force to contend with as many know. :p

I vote but some liberal women make me weep.

Daniel1611

"Southern man
better keep your head
Don't forget
what your good book said
Southern change
gonna come at last
Now your crosses
are burning fast
Southern man"
- Southern Man, Neil Young.

The song that upset Ronnie Van Zant and the rest of Skynyrd.

I heard Mr. Young sing about her. I heard old Neil put her down. I hope Neil Young will remember that a southern man don't need him around anyhow.

Amen.

I'm not southern. I live in Pittsburgh. But as a guy who grew up listening to and playing classic rock...Neil young wishes he could be as good as skynyrd

"Why is that old lady crying?"
"That's Neil Young. A Canadian treasure."

Line from How I met your mother that always kills me.

rainee

I would like to post an Elvis vid but if we get back to the truth (at least in my eyes) the young man who shot and killed 9 people who were blacks to some but believers to me is still part of a serious problem.
Why and how are some young men so easily launched on killing people?

Everyone would love to cook this down to a simple problem like racism but what do they say about the young males who have killed at schools and malls or are even drawn to ISIS?

Many want to cook some of that down to guns being available...

Again, not a satisfactory answer, but a cheap simple knee jerk reaction to me from those who can't see beheading or trying to do so as the same.

I think we need to pray about this.
Even you beloved Buttheads

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Unless we as a nation can grow a backbone. And that was tried and the the south lost. And the same contemptible rulers who rule us as they did then WILL NOT ALLOW it.

No, it wasn't tried.

This is what your Confederate Vice President said at his Cornerstone speech:

"Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery -- subordination to the superior race -- is his natural and normal condition." - Alexander Stephens, Vice President of the Confederate States of America

The above is not "growing a backbone", it's racial hatred

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You do realize Stripe's a foreigner with absolutely no stake in this, right?

Ah, the genetic fallacy. Evolutionists love it. I think they are fooled by the name. :chuckle:

Nine people were murdered and all you care about is a false flag.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nine people were murdered and all you care about is a false flag.

9 people were murdered by a kid who was taught the Confederate Flag is a symbol of racial hatred, and then the kid used the Confederate Flag as a symbol of racial hatred.

rainee

Well I fear Granite and I fought too much and sadly went too far.

I don't want to get the last word but it must be said, I think?

And that is I do not want our country to have problems with obesity, right?

And I don't want our poor to have high numbers of obesity, you also?

And I do not want racism or contempt for others to be a flourishing yet despicable and unjustifiable trait among our people.

And I also would like to remind everyone our poor, our racism, and our contempt for others can at least be identified unlike some countries, and has improved over time.

Obesity is not just among the poor here and is not generally a problem among the poor in many other countries - because - they are starving.

bybee

Well I fear Granite and I fought too much and sadly went too far.

I don't want to get the last word but it must be said, I think?

And that is I do not want our country to have problems with obesity, right?

And I don't want our poor to have high numbers of obesity, you also?

And I do not want racism or contempt for others to be a flourishing yet despicable and unjustifiable trait among our people.

And I also would like to remind everyone our poor, our racism, and our contempt for others can at least be identified unlike some countries, has improved over time.
Obesity is not just among the poor here and is not generally a problem among the poor in many other countries - because - they are starving.

Obesity may also be a problem of inertia? Our bodies are made for movement.

bybee

People are so sensitive. I don't care one bit about the Confederate flag. What does bother me is people that get offended constantly. Grow up. I can't stand this politically correct culture.

I will not succumb to "Politically Correct" pressure!
I defend freedom of choice ... especially my own!

rainee

Obesity may also be a problem of inertia? Our bodies are made for movement.

This could be true but some do say and have been saying for a long time that junk food is cheaper than "healthy" food.

I do remember when studies and concerns were growing on a few Indian Reservations years ago regarding the obesity problem and it was thought then the diet was mostly to blame.