Shooting at SC Church During Bible Study - Suspect still at large

Granite

Hall of Fame
One of the few good things to come from the Charleston tragedy is an opportunity like this for the masks of a few to finally slip and expose themselves. That's something, I guess. There's a reason certain people defend the rebel flag so vigorously.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Get ready for this murderer to use "the flag made me do it" if the moronic liberals can convince enough other morons that the Confederate flag has such great power and sway that he was powerless to resist.
Some folks will fall for anything in order to shift the blame off the real culprit.

Da devil made me do it

rainee

One of the few good things to come from the Charleston tragedy is an opportunity like this for the masks of a few to finally slip and expose themselves. That's something, I guess. There's a reason certain people defend the rebel flag so vigorously.

I'm glad he is not listening to me because now I can say look and observe how he has to duck by insult instead refute nutritional studies or news articles . Which prolly means he really is ignorant and doesn't think any of these issues should exist.

rainee

Charleston Christians were killed, something non believers can even grasp

Granite

Hall of Fame
Tambora;4363640Get ready for this murderer to use "[I said:
the flag made me do it[/I]" if the moronic liberals can convince enough other morons that the Confederate flag has such great power and sway that he was powerless to resist.
Some folks will fall for anything in order to shift the blame off the real culprit.

Da devil made me do it

He already told us why he did it. Did no one read his half-baked manifesto?

Hopefully for the last time: No one here--NO ONE--has suggested the rebel flag made him do anything.

rainee

Tet, thank you for being so bad we can actually see it. Many areas are segregated today, like inner city slums or communities in Ferguson. Not because the whites tell people of color where to live but because whites move.
The schools up there are worse than they ever were down here but people like you don't really care do you, which is why you point to the past .

You don't hate segregation you live it up there.

Also if you quote the Bible with no competency I might have to show things you didn't get on your own and then I would be mad at myself. But maybe you do know and are quoting that in order to muddy the waters without the truth. Which may be low moral content on your part but hey Granite won't call you the names he called me cuz -- well cuz ain't no wrestling with truth in y'all.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There's a reason certain people defend the rebel flag so vigorously.
There's a reason certain people attack the Confederate flag so vigorously --- to distract from the real crime of cold blooded murder.

Don't you find it odd that these same folks that condemn the flag for dividing the nation with conflict are now using that same flag to divide the nation with conflict?

Granite

Hall of Fame
There's a reason certain people attack the Confederate flag so vigorously --- to distract from the real crime of cold blooded murder.

Maybe because some people realize attacking guns, or calling for gun reform, is a complete waste of time anymore. We're left to go after what we can. And by the way: The victims are all still very much dead, so how can we "distract" from that bloody reality?

And it's high time we had a discussion about the rebel flag anyway. Disgusting it took an attack of terrorism against blacks in a church for this to happen, but, long overdue. It's time. It's enough. We can't celebrate hatred and call it virtue. Not in this case, anyway. Yes, removing the rebel flag is a symbolic gesture, but the flag itself is as well.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Also if you quote the Bible with no competency I might have to show things you didn't get on your own and then I would be mad at myself.

Southerners used to quote the Bible as they hung and tortured black people.

Notice the Confederate Flag carrying racist's sign has a reference to Genesis 1:24-26 on it:

st-petersberg-florida-demonstrators-support-segregation-woman-holds-CWCCXB.jpg

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Maybe because some people realize attacking guns, or calling for gun reform, is a complete waste of time anymore. We're left to go after what we can. And by the way: The victims are all still very much dead, so how can we "distract" from that bloody reality?

And it's high time we had a discussion about the rebel flag anyway. Disgusting it took an attack of terrorism against blacks in a church for this to happen, but, long overdue. It's time. It's enough. We can't celebrate hatred and call it virtue. Not in this case, anyway. Yes, removing the rebel flag is a symbolic gesture, but the flag itself is as well.
But you are celebrating hatred and trying to justify your own hatred.

"You have a Confederate flag. Anyone that has a Confederate flag is a hate promoter. I hate and despise you because you have a Confederate flag."​

And the molehill keeps growing into a mountain.

Granite

Hall of Fame
But you are celebrating hatred and trying to justify your own hatred.

Nope, not at all.

You have a Confederate flag. Anyone that has a Confederate flag is a hate promoter. I hate and despise you because you have a Confederate flag.

No, wrong again. I despise racism, yes. I hold white supremacy (or any form of race chest-beating) in contempt. And I don't respect the racists on TOL who've decided now's a good time to be blunt about their racism and drop any pretense or facade. But I don't "hate and despise" anybody because they have/fly/display a rebel flag. What it symbolizes is despicable. And what I hope is that more people finally recognize that.

Not too much to ask.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A tip for you.
Need to edit the scripture numbers with a dash (-) between 24 & 26.

:carryon:

I fixed it.

There is nothing more despicable than people calling themselves Christians, promoting hate, and claiming the Bible backs their hatred.

9KoOWjw.jpg