ECT Shazam, TOL! The Lord Jesus Christ already returned in 70 AD

musterion

I do find where Renald Showers (if I'm reading it right) said,

In light of the usage of the word for dispensation in the New Testament, the term dispensation as it relates to Dispensational Theology could be defined as a particular way of God's administering His rule over the world as He progressively works out His purpose for world history.
That is more or less the definition which most if not all of us here use, not the one you keep claiming we use. You could at least be honest enough to admit (a) you don't know how Darby defined the word, or if he ever did, and (b) the disps here on TOL do NOT define it as "a period of time." IF you were honest, which you are not.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because when a thing existed or not, outside of THE Book does not matter.

Dispensationalism is outside THE book.

That's why it didn't exist for over 1,800 years.

It was invented by one man.

It's contrary to THE book.

It's blasphemous to THE book.

It's heresy when tested with THE book.

It's in direct opposition to THE book.

And, those who adhere to it (like you) live in denial.

musterion

And in case this sounds familiar to anyone, it's from John Walvoord:

The widespread prejudice and ignorance of the meaning of dispensationalism was illustrated when I was asked by a prominent Christian publication to write an article on dispensational premillennialism. In my manuscript I referred to The Divine Economy, written in 1687, in which the author, Pierre Poiret (1646-1719), discussed seven dispensations.4 The editor omitted this from the manuscript, and when I protested, he said, “That is impossible because John Nelson Darby invented dispensationalism.” It would be difficult to find a statement more ignorant and more prejudicial that that.

4 Pierre Poiret, The Divine Economy, 7 vols. (1687; reprint, London: R. Bonwicke, 1713). The seven dispensations he taught are Creation to the Deluge, the Deluge to Moses, Moses to the Prophets, the Prophets to Christ, Manhood and Old Age, the Christian Era, and Renovation of All Things.
http://www.walvoord.com/article/151

musterion

And with that said...

maxresdefault.jpg

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And in case this sounds familiar to anyone, it's from John Walvoord:

http://www.walvoord.com/article/151

I never said people didn't teach about different time periods before Darby. I said Darby Followers claim "the dispensation of grace" is a time period.

Walvoord was a Darby Follower, and like most Darby Followers, Walvoord also lived in denial.

You can keep living in denial like Walvoord, but no matter how hard you try, you won't find a secret rapture being taught before John Nelson Darby invented it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:rotfl: as the individual laid out on the floor there; you would know.

mysteryboy is still upset about getting caught starting a thread with a fake photoshopped picture. Which was a few threads after he got caught starting a thread with a fake CNN story.

So, it does't surprise me when he acts like he does.

Anyway, one of the easiest ways to show that Darby invented the secret rapture, and that not one person ever taught it before Darby is to go directly to the Plymouth Brethren website and see how they describe it:

"When the theory of a secret coming of Christ was first brought forward (about the year 1832), it was adopted with eagerness; it suited certain preconceived opinions, and it was accepted by some at that which harmonized contradictory thoughts, whether such thoughts, or any of them, rested on the sure warrant of God; written Word" - S. P. Tregelles, p 35

"Where did he [Darby] get it? The reviewer's answer would be that it was in the air in the 1820s and 1830s among eager students of unfulfilled prophecy". (F. F. Bruce, Book Review of "The Unbelievable Pre-Trib Origin" in The Evangelical Quarterly, (Vol. XLVII, No. 1). Note: Bruce is a well known scholar who himself is a member of the Plymouth Brethren which Darby started)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And there were others before Darby BUT that is NOT the point 0 Bible less one.

No, there wasn't Danoh.

Nobody taught of a secret rapture that followed a secret parenthetical time period called "the church age", or "the mystery age".

Nobody taught that the "church age believers" would be secretly taken away, and then God would pick back up with the Jews again, and then Jesus would return with the believers from the secret church age 7 years later.

You won't find this rubbish anywhere before Darby invented it.

Danoh

A question, Tet; what do you see is the Spirit's role in illumination; what is your understanding of how that works?

john w

Hall of Fame
So when did this happen, if all be fulfilled and the N.C. is in force?

Or this?

Or this, since the last act of God against Israel (according to some) was to rape and reduce almost all Jerusalem to rubble?

These questions are not aimed at you, you understand...

You are a "man" follower...Darby.....You really think those verses are literal? Fulfilled AD 56, or 59, or 60, 63, or 1970-close enough. Why don't you understand? Darby....teenage girl.....Bullinger.....Man made man inventions.....You are in denial.....You follow men....Darby....Why do you follow fallible men?.....Darby.....Figurative......Hyperbole.....Darby and/or Bullinger.....Darby....

john w

Hall of Fame
No one taught this rubbish until John Nelson Darby.

Before Darby, you won't find one person preaching or teaching about a "prophetic clock", nor will you find it in the Bible.

It was invented by John Nelson Darby.

Dispensationalism is a mess.

Made up. Paul did. Don't you believe Paul, sweetie gay devil boy?

Vs. her classic lie:

"I have never said dispensationalism is wrong for how old it is."-Tellalie

Prove that AD 70-ism/Preterism is not "invented," that you received it directly, via revelation, from God, as you claim.
The punk is shut down again.

musterion

Notice how the goalposts change from this,
That's not what Darby taught, and that's not what Dispensationalism says.

Dispensationalism teaches time periods.
To this,

I never said people didn't teach about different time periods before Darby. I said Darby Followers claim "the dispensation of grace" is a time period.

When I pointed out that there's no evidence I've yet located for this, but it's SCOFIELD who said "period of time," he ignored it.

Then we see the other shift from this,

That's not what Darby taught, and that's not what Dispensationalism says.

Dispensationalism teaches time periods.
To this,

You can keep living in denial like Walvoord, but no matter how hard you try, you won't find a secret rapture being taught before John Nelson Darby invented it.

Spanky's tactic: insist on one general topic ("What Darby taught"), then when pinned down on a specific, ignore the objection and switch to a specific as if that is what you were talking about the whole time. When THAT one gets nailed, switch to yet another. When that fails, switch back to "What Darby taught." Ignore sources that completely destroy your own sources (Clement of Rome's baptismal salvation; pre-Darby dispensational views) and stick to the script.

He's a cultist. He's Meshak with a larger vocabulary.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Notice how the goalposts change from this,
To this,

Wrong again mysteryboy.

You said "the dispensation of grace" is not a time period.

I said Dispensationalism teaches that "the dispensation of grace" is a time period.

I said no one taught a secret parenthetical time period before Darby invented it. In the world of Dispensationalism, "the dispensation of grace", "the secret parenthetical time period", "the church age", and "they mystery age" are all the same thing. They are all a time period, that we allegedly live in right now according to Darby and Dispensationalism.

You then showed other people teaching time periods before Darby.

To which I said no one taught about a secret rapture before Darby. My point being is that the secret rapture is when Darby said the current time period ("parenthetical", "church age", "mystery age", "age of grace") ends.

Once again, this shows you live in denial. Not only are you in denial about Darby, you are also in denial about the secret parenthetical time period that Darby invented, which is also called "the dispensation of grace" by Darby Followers.

You deny "the dispensation of grace" is a time period, even though you claim it has a beginning (Mid-Acts) and an end (rapture).

Why do you live in denial? Why are you embarrassed by your Dispensationalism?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A question, Tet; what do you see is the Spirit's role in illumination; what is your understanding of how that works?

It has to do with grace.

It's either saving grace, irresistible grace, sanctifying grace, amazing grace, Grace Jones, Grace Kelly, or Graceland.

john w

Hall of Fame
You could not be more wrong. Woodstock was the great revolt in 1969 that made the way for the second coming in 1970ad.

Am I getting through to you fella?

Oh, you're a regular Milton Berle today, ain't cha, Mayor, pickin' at me again?!

Why don't you head on over to your local "4 chair clip joint," and loosen the screws on the razors, and the bolts on the chairs, and then spike the "Witch Hazel" with "Hai Karate," and the "Vitalis/Brill Creme" hair oil treatment,with "Dippity Do?" Wouldn't that be fun? Pitiful, pitiful, pitiful......