Danoh share the same beliefs of TeT? Is Preterism Danoh's
game? Does Danoh believe that Christ already returned in
70AD in the form of the Roman army?

Danoh

It seems like Danoh feels it necessary to protect TeT. Does
Danoh share the same beliefs of TeT? Is Preterism Danoh's
game? Does Danoh believe that Christ already returned in
70AD in the form of the Roman army?

No GM; I simply no longer believe I should allow myself to address others who I differ in understanding with in the way he and others address anyone who's views they are greatly at odds with.

2Tim 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Danoh

Would it be fair to discount Preterism on one of the same criteria that some of them attempt to discredit Mid-Acts on - on differences in understanding between Preterists themselves?

Here is a link to a question asked of a Preterist and his reply. I've posted it's content because links at times have a way of ending up no longer up and running at some point down the road.

Posting will allow others visiting here down the road to still have access to the article.

http://www.ukapologetics.net/08/preterism2.htm

A Question I Was Asked:

'I understand that you are 'Preterist' - Where Do You Stand on Prophecies Yet to be Fulfilled?'

My Reply:

Okay. I will offer six statements on Preterism. I will set these out in a somewhat similar manner to the way JP Holding (another Preterist) has done, although my wording, and sometimes my stresses, will often vary from his.

Defining Preterism.

The basic approach is that a considerable portion of Biblical prophecy, much of which might refer to the "end times" or "time of the end" was actually fulfilled up to and including AD70-73, coincident with the destruction of Jerusalem. Jesus did, after all, warn of things which would take place in "this generation" (Matthew 24:14) and this would seem to require that any such events would occur within about 40 years. Well, AD33 to AD70 is 37 years. This does not exhaust everything as we will see later, but it does exhaust about 90% of Bible prophecy, and in particular the 'Olivet Discourses.'

So what does this mean in terms of the popular approach to Bible prophecy within certain dispensational theologies and ministries? It means, that the popular understanding of a 'rapture,' or a three and a half year tribulation, or even a seven year tribulation, and an Antichrist figure are not in our future of necessity. If they are, they will be as a "repeat fulfillment" but not strictly necessary in order to fulfill Biblical prophecy. Popular Preterism (there is an extreme form of Preterism too which I will shortly consider), views that all that surely remains in our future is the Parousia (Second Coming), Resurrection, Judgment and New Heavens and New Earth. Regarding the Second Coming, however, there is certainly a sense of an initial 'coming' in the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost (Acts 2).

Full Preterism There is a view sometimes called full preterism (or by its advocates, "consistent preterism") which holds that ALL Biblical prophecy is now fulfilled, including those that preterists of my school say refer to the final resurrection. This view would certainly be considered heretical by preterists of my genre.

What About the Rapture? The word, 'rapture' never occurs in Scripture. But Preterists see any such references as referring to the resurrection, which is, of course, yet in our future. The Resurrection of the Dead was always a major Christian doctrine, however, the concept of a "rapture" only appeared in the 19th century. The 'rapture' is based on no more than 2 or 3 Scriptures all of which can be explained differently (and invariably were so until Darbyism came into being).

What About the Tribulation? Most Preterists understand the Tribulation to have occurred during the terrible 7 year period of the Jewish War which lasted from 66-73 AD. But the main tribulation period centred on the years 67-70. But many such Preterists (including myself) feel that there will be another tribulation of a somewhat different sort, this time upon the Church and just prior to the Second Coming (Rev. 11:7-10).

So what has been fulfilled and what hasn't?

Preterists say that the Olivet Discourse was fulfilled in the Jewish War or in the time leading up to it. But most of us do not deny that the Olivet prophecy contains a few things which will occur again just prior to the full parousia. According to Preterists, we are now in the "millenium" of Revelation 20 (which we insist that pre-millenialists have incorrectly understood, even while never doubting their sincerity). The resurrection of the dead (referred to in 1 Corinthians 15, in Thessalonians, and elsewhere) is obviously yet to come.

The above points really outline where Preterists are coming from. We believe that this is the most consistent and biblical position to adopt while never denying the sincerity of those who view these Scriptures differently.

Robin A. Brace, May, 2008.

UK APOLOGETICS

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Proverbs 26 KJV
(4) Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
(5) Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.​

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

Danoh

Proverbs 26 KJV
(4) Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
(5) Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.​

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

Yep.

john w

Hall of Fame
Speaking up against a wrong is not spineless.

All you have done JohnW is shown what your actual priorities are once more.

By your rationale, I should resort to the same kind of name calling "because, well, the other guy started it."

You wanna talk loyalty - all I did was ask you to keep the guy's wife out of it, and that you not allow yourself to stoop to his level.

The real problem here is the standard you and some of yours allow yourselves to display when not agreed with.

It matters not that all who visit TOL in search of an answer end up not only with a view of Mid-Acts held by few, but they go away with the impression that MADS are an intolerant cult of some kind?

Heck, were some one to take a poll about about this, very few outside of your club would be saying I am the problem for attempting to address these issues.

I forgive you JohnW. Why?

Not so I can be part of the club. Not because the worldly mindset of some says I am up to something, not for this, nor for that, but because not only am I called to, but am enabled to the moment I refuse to allow the ways of the world to be the rationale behind my actions.

Try it some time, dear brother. It's great to be able to cut off such a burden before it even gets out the gate.

You're part of a victory program in the Lord that; guess what? That you can meet.

Think about that - no needing to rely on others saying just the right thing in order for you to be happy.

Grace, brother; is kryptonite to the fleshly mind!

I want that for you. For each of you, Gal. 5:28.

Get lost, condescending one,and stuff your "shown what your actual priorities are once more...I want that for you... not allow yourself to stoop to his level..." psycho babble, as your priorities are "shown" to be man pleasing, evolution, morphing into Tellalie, and causing division within the dispensational "camp," going after heir, musterion, and now me. You've "added nothing to me," us, and serve as an example, of what happens to a man, who loses his spine, because he thinks TOL is a popularity contest, and blesses, where the LORD God disapproves, makes apologies for the wolves/wolf-ette's, and attaches more importance to the rules of "courtesy", as a method of securing popular applause,casting truth to the ground(survey Daniel), instead of standing up like a man, and rebuking the wolves/wolf-ette's-cruelty to the the boc, treachery to heaven.

No longer should you direct any of your post toward me. And also stuff your "Try it some time, dear brother...The real problem here is the standard you and some of yours," "I forgive you JohnW," as your problem is losing your spine, man pleasing, double minded-ness, in securing praise, from the audience, as you divide the boc, and I reject your feigned "I forgive you," my dear, misguided John W., I will pray for you......jazz, as you don't have the authority, nor can an alleged offense be forgiven, if there is no offense.

Am I clear, divider? Good.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When it comes to insults, John W. walks all over Tet.
When it comes to biblical understanding, John W. walks all over Tet.

John W. comes out on top either way.

john w

Hall of Fame
Why can't you tell us where the Apostle Paul is right now?

The whited wall, hypocrite, with this trap question, as his rep on TOL is evading answering most questions, and, the above deceptive debating tactic, when hundreds of questions that dispensational proponents ask him, are usually answered with:

"There are a number of theories....It may have been...Or, it may have been... It gets tricky...I don't know...Doesn't matter.....Why do you care?.....IMO..doesn't really matter that much to me...it could be.....Don't know....."-Tellalie on TOL, for years

john w

Hall of Fame
Now it's your turn. Where is the Apostle Paul right now?

You satanic punk, who claims, on record, that there is/was law, judgment, heathen, plagues, rain, nations, in the third heaven, and also tears, death, sorrow, crying, pain, per Revelation 21:6 JV, but not anymore, as it all left the third heaven in AD 70!!!

Still waiting, you soft punk, for you to:
-Identify this "everyone" that saw this alleged un-physical, invisible "Jesus" return in AD 70. Names=documentation.

-Provide chapter, verse, that asserts that the Roman army was the second coming, and that they were waiting their salvation/deliverance.

-Name anyone that taught this AD 70 "invention" before you

-Provide chapter, verse, that states that the Lord Jesus Christ was not raised in a glorified body, and is not "flesh and bones," today.

-Chapter, verse, that asserts that the Roman army was waiting for the Saviour to return, for their salvation/deliverance, as you claim

Ask your man hands, chunky wife, effeminate, spineless one.

Still waiting for one of your fellow satanists, since you won't, soddy, to tell us:

-why you assert that everyone is saved today
-why you assert that the Lord Christ is "fleshly, " as is the "man made" cross, and that He did not rise in glory, and what scripture, chapter and verse, says that He is not in a "flesh and bone" glorified body today, losing it
-why you attended a "man made" church, at one time, and
-why you were kicked out of your "man made" church
-Who taught the law in the OT, which included Mt-John, at least prior to the dbr, in early Acts, to the thousands of early Acts believers, and who instructed them to observe the appointed feasts, part of the law of Moses, and who instructed them to be zealous of the law, go to the temple, observe the hour of prayer, observe separation, all according to the law of Moses.
-why you assert that the law was "nailed to the cross...abolished at the cross," but lied about that, later admitting that the OC continued post cross, which included the law of Moses,
-why you assert that the law was "nailed to the cross...abolished at the cross," but lied about that, conceding that the law still serves the purpose of bringing others to the cross, as it always has, habitual liar,
-why you lie, when you say that there is to be no men teachers, today, in the boc, teaching others, and why you say that any references to "teach...teaching....teachers..." are errors in the bible,
-why you assert that the Lor Jesus Christ kept a law, He never taught, and that God the Father taught the law, but never told His only Begotten Son to do the same, and thus pit God the Father, against the Saviour, demon
-why you will not identify these infallible teachers, that you claim, on record, teach you, and that they must be women.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Why can't you tell us where the Apostle Paul is right now?

Still waiting for a J Stuart Russell, Hank Hanegraaf, satan follower, like soft Craigie, to:

-Explain how one can deny that the New Covenant is enacted today, which, according to effeminate Craigie, is denying what Christ accomplished on the cross, is "slapping Christ," is saying that what He did was not good enough, but can still be saved, in this state of denial.

-Explain that today, there be one Lord, in the world, acknowledged as such throughout the world, and his name one, and that Jerusalem is safely inhabited today, and since Craigie says there will not be a kingdom of heaven upon the earth, but it's in the third heaven, in the third heaven there will also be/is plagues,rain, heathen, punishment, and nations, of course, who will go up to Jerusalem year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles, in the third heaven!!!!!!!!. And if those nations do not come up to Jerusalem, in the third heaven, punishment looms!!!!

Why can't you, Tellalie Craigie?

Rhetorical q-it's because you are a fraud, a snake oil sales"man/spreader, the habitual liar, and a hypocrite, due to your obsession.

-The Preterist punk can't produce any evidence, either from the bible, or his secular authorities,Wiki, Christ rejector Josephus, that an "un physical" invisible "Jesus" allegedly returned in AD 70, that EVERYONE saw, as he asserts, on record, and explain how an un-physical/invisible Saviour, could be seen by this EVERYONE.

-The satanic Preterism has no scripture, that testifies that the Lord Jesus Christ's second coming/"second time" is not to the earth, that the Roman army was the second coming, in AD 70, as he claims, and that He was not raised in glory, as Tellalie claims, and lost his "flesh and bone" body after the ascension into the third heaven,as Tellalie also claims.

He is a fraud, promoting his satanic "man made" "invention" of Preterism, and suffers another "death knell!!!!"-he taught us that cute little debate ender-we learned it from him.

Interplanner

Would it be fair to discount Preterism on one of the same criteria that some of them attempt to discredit Mid-Acts on - on differences in understanding between Preterists themselves?

Here is a link to a question asked of a Preterist and his reply. I've posted it's content because links at times have a way of ending up no longer up and running at some point down the road.

Posting will allow others visiting here down the road to still have access to the article.

http://www.ukapologetics.net/08/preterism2.htm

Pretty good summary; I think the hinge of Mt24A and B should be stated more precisely than 90% or just that we are near the end of this. The critical difference would be judgement on Israel vs the whole world.

I don't know why he doesn't think 'harpagesometha' in I Th 4 can't be a rapture so long as it is consistent with what is explained in I Cor 15: that on the last day, those who are alive will be changed one way while those already dead will be changed another. That seems naturally obvious, or goes without saying.

It didn't even conflict with the evacuation of Christians from Judea; it simply needed to be said to explain to the Thess believers that the question was covered. It is not part of a sequence having to do with yet another tribulation. They had heard that the day of the Lord had already happened, so they were scrambling for basics.

Danoh

....how you love the applause of men, as you just relish the "Great post," Danoh"'s......You crave it. I'm under no such addiction.

I know I stood up where you and yours support one another when you each know your conduct is not "as becometh the gospel of Christ" you each assert you are experts in.

Heck, I was kicked out of your flesh centered club the very moment I voiced a view that differed in some respect.

You are just taking fair, level headedness for weakness because you still live in those streets I had hoped we had both left behind.

Some "friend" you turn out to be; the moment your Peter Ruckman performance is pointed out to you by one you assert you had thought was on your team; out comes your street vile.

Your macho nonsense just continues to prove; as my own has in the past and in the sight of those principalities and powers said to be observing all this, Eph. 3:10, that you have no concept of true strength in the Lord.

But you have proven there will be no peace with you on this. So bring on your worst. Give me the opportunity to glory in its would be tribulation, Rom. 5:3. No problem.

The best to you in all that, JohnW.

Have the last word, and then the next, and then the next...

Interplanner

In addition to being a good summary, it does not deal with the non-question of the MAD issue, nor should it. It is a completely unnecessary theological pursuit.

Danoh

Pretty good summary; I think the hinge of Mt24A and B should be stated more precisely than 90% or just that we are near the end of this. The critical difference would be judgement on Israel vs the whole world.

I don't know why he doesn't think 'harpagesometha' in I Th 4 can't be a rapture so long as it is consistent with what is explained in I Cor 15: that on the last day, those who are alive will be changed one way while those already dead will be changed another. That seems naturally obvious, or goes without saying.

It didn't even conflict with the evacuation of Christians from Judea; it simply needed to be said to explain to the Thess believers that the question was covered. It is not part of a sequence having to do with yet another tribulation. They had heard that the day of the Lord had already happened, so they were scrambling for basics.

Would that you were that curious about a good look at Mid-Acts.

But yeah, I find all views worth at least looking at.

As Mid-Acts GRACE preacher, Richard Jordan is fond of noting "another's opposing viewpoint is good for you; gets you to thinking things through that you might otherwise not have thought on; you end up better for it."

Danoh

In addition to being a good summary, it does not deal with the non-question of the MAD issue, nor should it. It is a completely unnecessary theological pursuit.

You remain clueless about Mid-Acts. This, even as you refer others to entire books about your view.

Try reading the other side's view for once.