Scriptures that Refute Calvinism

Robert Pate

Banned
The triune God is a true doctrine, Robert. Please find even one instance of the word "trinity". Absence of evidence of a word is not evidence that which the word describes is absent. Take every word of Scripture captive, even the infrequent one's, Robert.

Is God divine, Robert? Find the word "divinity" in the Bible.

You are embarrassing yourself with these amateurish complaints.

AMR

Predestination is a false doctrine that is not supported by scripture.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Calvinists on this forum like to attack Pate for some reason? Perhaps because he speaks the truth they don't want to hear?

Robert Pate

Banned
The Calvinists on this forum like to attack Pate for some reason? Perhaps because he speaks the truth they don't want to hear?

The "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ refutes the doctrine of predestination.

Everyone has been reconciled unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19. Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

Their problem is not with me, their probem is with the scrptures, which I believe to be true.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You believe that God is a robot who cannot change his mind.
No, we actually believe God's plan includes changes of what happens, only that these have all been decreed from eternity. When you read of God "repenting" of this or that, these are but anthropopathisms made to accommodate our finitude about the One Who is wholly other than us. We know this to be true from the didactic passages of Scripture which clearly state God does not "repent" like man. This is why taking the whole counsel of Scripture into account is important when interpreting isolated passages, as you are so fond of doing, Robert. :AMR:

AMR

Robert Pate

Banned
No, we actually believe God's plan includes changes of what happens, only that these have all been decreed from eternity. When you read of God "repenting" of this or that, these are but anthropopathisms made to accommodate our finitude about the One Who is wholly other than us. We know this to be true from the didactic passages of Scripture which clearly state God does not "repent" like man. This is why taking the whole counsel of Scripture into account is important when interpreting isolated passages, as you are so fond of doing, Robert. :AMR:

AMR

There are no isolated passages in the Bible. Only the ones that you don't have an answer for.

Like 2 Corinthians 5:19, Hebrews 2:9, 1 Timothy 2:4, Romans 10:13.

You doctrine is in conflict with so many of the scriptures that it is very obvious that you don't believe the Bible.

fishrovmen

First of all, I don't recall more than two who claim to be Calvinist tell Pate he is going to hell because of his doctrine, yet Robert has for years attacked Calvinists and Catholics in his threads that all basically say the same thing, telling them they are unbelievers, void of the Holy Spirit, going to hell, false teachers etc.. It would be one thing if he actually took the time to listen to the answers people give and engage in serious, open minded discussion; but he refuses to at least try to understand and just starts another thread repeating the same caricatures and false conclusions that he has been corrected on too many times from multiple TOL members.
Second of all, Pates doctrine, the way he presents it, is unbiblical, extremely confusing, heretical, illogical, subject to change not only from thread to thread, but even in the same post!!
When questioned to the point where he has no answer, he gives one of his famous go-to replies such as "it will all be clear in the judgment" or "you don't understand because you don't have the Holy Spirit" etc..
How many threads have you seen from the Catholics or Calvinists that are directed toward "Pateism"? Even if one exists, it doesn't even begin to measure against the scores that he has against them.
So really, who is actually on the attack GM?

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
First of all, I don't recall more than two who claim to be Calvinist tell Pate he is going to hell because of his doctrine, yet Robert has for years attacked Calvinists and Catholics in his threads that all basically say the same thing, telling them they are unbelievers, void of the Holy Spirit, going to hell, false teachers etc.. It would be one thing if he actually took the time to listen to the answers people give and engage in serious, open minded discussion; but he refuses to at least try to understand and just starts another thread repeating the same caricatures and false conclusions that he has been corrected on too many times from multiple TOL members.
Second of all, Pates doctrine, the way he presents it, is unbiblical, extremely confusing, heretical, illogical, subject to change not only from thread to thread, but even in the same post!!
When questioned to the point where he has no answer, he gives one of his famous go-to replies such as "it will all be clear in the judgment" or "you don't understand because you don't have the Holy Spirit" etc..
How many threads have you seen from the Catholics or Calvinists that are directed toward "Pateism"? Even if one exists, it doesn't even begin to measure against the scores that he has against them.
So really, who is actually on the attack GM?

You claim Pate's posts to be, unbiblical, extremely confusing, heretical and illogical. I don't see it that way. It's probably because I don't think like a Calvinist. Calvinists have been indoctrinated by John Calvin, Reformed Theology, and St. Augustine. They have the predisposition to interpret Scripture in light of their chosen belief system. We all are. I grew up in California for the better part of my life and attended a non-denominational, Christ centered, Bible believing, conservative church. I attended that church from the year 1962 through 2008. I have since moved to a different state and have "tried out" a few churches. I have yet to find one. In the 1970s, I started listening to a Presbyterian (Reformed theology/Calvinist) radio station which I enjoyed. They would present John MacArthur and other Calvinist preachers. I have to admit, I temporarily was coaxed into a Calvinist mindset. In fact, I actually leaned towards "Predestinational" thought. It didn't last long although. When I moved from California to be with my Son and other loved ones, I purchased a New King James Version of the Bible and began to read and study the word of God in greater depth. I now can say that the Lord set me straight on a lot of different issues. One of those issues was the lack of validity of Reformed Calvinist belief. I'm thoroughly convinced that God's Holy Inspired Written Word does not back up the Calvinist belief system. I unashamedly consider myself a "Dispensationalist to the Core." I'm a believer/follower of the Pauline Gospel which was given to Paul by the "Ascended Lord Jesus Christ." I believe that "The Grace Gospel" covers both Jew and Gentile in this "Dispensation of Grace." I do not waver in this truthful Gospel of Grace through faith alone.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

We're not the one's who do the attacking. It's Pate who makes myriads of anti-Calvinist threads and posts day in and day out, every single day for what I can only assume has been the entirety of his time on here.

So that's just a bunch of nonsense, he's just reaping what he sows with that.

And, if you find Pate to be some extraordinary measure of truth, than it's no wonder that you share such weak argumentation as him :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We're not the one's who do the attacking. It's Pate who makes myriads of anti-Calvinist threads and posts day in and day out, every single day for what I can only assume has been the entirety of his time on here.

So that's just a bunch of nonsense, he's just reaping what he sows with that.

And, if you find Pate to be some extraordinary measure of truth, than it's no wonder that you share such weak argumentation as him :chuckle:

I have bad news for you. I consider you my " Unequal." Your IQ is the same size as your shoelace, no doubt.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hey Cruc, it would be best if you worked on your posts. You come off as some type of slow-witted poster that, has himself as his greatest fan. Just trying to help ya.

fishrovmen

You claim Pate's posts to be, unbiblical, extremely confusing, heretical and illogical.[/tQUOTE]

No I didn't. I said that the way he presents his beliefs is all of the above. And that is the whole problem that I and many others including non calvinists and non catholics have with him. I have, as well as many others, tried to patiently explain to him the problems with his conclusions only to be told one of those responses mentioned earlier.
AMR has several times posted a collection of Pates beliefs that clearly show how he has said one thing in one thread and then the opposite in another thread.
He has already told me that God doesn't even see people. He has said numerous times that God imputes previously forgiven sins that were destroyed back to people. He said in one post that God has reconciled the whole world to God but you need to receive it to be reconciled. I think I understand what he is trying to say but he is not presenting it in a way that makes sense.
I could go on and on but the point I am trying to make is that it is crystal clear that he doesn't think through his own beliefs enough to see the obvious contradictions but he would rather spend his limited precious time continually telling other people what he THINKS they believe, even though he has been told that he is wrong.
I have never met a Calvinist nor a Catholic who said they don't need Jesus or that their hope is in John Calvin or the Pope, yet that's what Robert posts over and over again.
That is false witness !!!
I completely understand that he doesn't understand how people can believe in Calvinism or Catholicism because no one else can understand how he can believe in Pateism.
At least the majority of those who don't understand pateism take the time to ask questions of him, trying to figure him out, rather than create a myriad of threads filled with false witness and caricatures of things they dont understand.

Brother Ducky

Silly example. Are ya sure you don't want to re-think that and use a better scenario?

Frankly I do not think it is silly. If one has absolute free-will one should be able to change one's belief system, right? So, why not change from being a Pateist to being a Calvinist?

The thing is, while there is indeed free-will, its exercise is limited by who and what you are at the moment of exercise. Despite your claim of free-will, you are limited by, among other things, what you believe at any given moment. You believe that Calvinist is wrong on various points, and because of that you just can not exercise your free-will and become a Calvinist.

In the same way, the natural man is inherently dead set against the things of God. AMR has posted a Biblical anthropology showing what the natural man is and why he can not just exercise his free-will and become a Christian.

If you think this is incorrect, then come up with a Biblical anthropology showing how the natural man can exercise his free-will and become a Christian.

Robert Pate

Banned
Frankly I do not think it is silly. If one has absolute free-will one should be able to change one's belief system, right? So, why not change from being a Pateist to being a Calvinist?

The thing is, while there is indeed free-will, its exercise is limited by who and what you are at the moment of exercise. Despite your claim of free-will, you are limited by, among other things, what you believe at any given moment. You believe that Calvinist is wrong on various points, and because of that you just can not exercise your free-will and become a Calvinist.

In the same way, the natural man is inherently dead set against the things of God. AMR has posted a Biblical anthropology showing what the natural man is and why he can not just exercise his free-will and become a Christian.

If you think this is incorrect, then come up with a Biblical anthropology showing how the natural man can exercise his free-will and become a Christian.

We have the freedom to believe anything that we want to believe.

Adam did not lose his free will in the fall, what he lost was his relationship with God.

As long as a man has the ability to sin he has a free will.

In the New Testment people come to Christ by hearing and believing the Gospel, Romans 10:17.