Scriptures that Refute Calvinism

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Bible teaches; Grace through faith. Calvinists preach that one must first be regenerated before they can receive saving faith. That is contrary to the Scriptures.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The House of Israel chose to follow their idols and stop worshipping God, at times. God didn't force them to choose those idols.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Ephesians 2:8-9 " For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
God offers His Grace to a "world of lost sinners." Anyone who hears the Gospel and places their faith in Christ and His death and resurrection can have eternal life. Calvinists believe God chose His elect before the foundation of the world and sent the rest into eternal damnation. This is a false doctrine.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The message that Paul received from the "ascended Christ" is the only Gospel for today. Calvinism is not the way to eternal life. Paul's Gospel will save you. John Calvin's gospel will confuse you.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Canons of Dort teach that God only saves "Some Certain Persons". The Bible teaches that salvation is available to everyone, all, whosoever. This is why... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. Not just "Some Certain Persons".
No matter what you believe, the plain fact is that some certain persons are indeed saved, else all persons are saved, yet we know from Scripture beyond a doubt that at least one person was not...the son of perdition.

These are the plain truths of Scripture:

All are called to their duty to believe.
Anyone who sincerely calls upon the name of the Lord will not be turned away.
Not all will sincerely call upon the name of the Lord.
Therefore, not all will be saved.

The only issue is that you, Robert, believe that you had a hand in your re-birth, while some of us believe we played absolutely no part in our regeneration (re-birth), which, singularly particular, is wholly monergistic, this regeneration being the first step towards salvation. Once so regenerated (quickened from spiritual death) we then were made able (Ezekiel 36:26) to believe—the first fruit of regeneration—and did so.

At the end of our lives, it is my conviction we both will wind up in the same place, but only some of us will know how we got there. ;)

The difference in all of this involves our walk of faith. Indeed, the destination matters, but so does the road taken to arrive at the destination, especially given the rewards that accompany the particular road taken. There is no doubt that many will be saved despite being confused about the whole salvific process. I happen to think, and Scripture agrees with me, that a person's confusion (or, er, stubbornness) about weighty and sacred topics robs him or her of many possible blessings in their ongoing sanctification.

AMR

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Some around here mistake Pate for a "Universalist." This is not so. He preaches Grace through faith. That is Biblical salvation. God came in the flesh to die for the sins of ALL mankind. Whosoever shall believe shall be saved. One must first hear the Gospel of their salvation and earnestly place ALL their faith in the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. They cannot place their faith in Christ and their good works/deeds, water baptism, speaking in tongues, Catholicism, Calvinism, etc. They must place ALL of their faith in Christ as their Savior. They reject the Real Gospel at their peril.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
The declaration that Christ died for "all" is made clearer by the song that the redeemed sing before the throne of the Lamb: "Thou wast slain, and didst purchase unto God with thy blood men of every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation" (Rev. 5:9). Oftentimes the word "all" must be understood to mean all the elect, all His Church, all those whom the Father has given to the Son, as when Christ says, "All that which the Father giveth me shall come to me" (John 6:37), but not all men universally and every man individually. The redeemed host will be make up of men from all classes and conditions of life, of princes and peasants, of rich and poor, bond and free, male and female, Jews and Gentiles, men of all nations and races. That is the true universalism of Scripture.
Found at https://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/sdg/boettner/boettner_reformedfaith.html

Robert Pate

Banned
All Buddhist will be saved according to pate.
He gets it but he gets it from lucifer

The God of Calvinism is not the God of the Bible.

The God of the Bible so loves the world that he gives his only begotten Son, John 3:16.

The God of Calvinism damns people to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam.

The God of Calvinism cannot be trusted. How could anyone have faith in a mean, unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous, tyrant God.

I could never have faith in such a God as this and I don't believe that Calvinist can either.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

The God of the Bible so loves the world that he gives his only begotten Son, John 3:16.

The God of Calvinism damns people to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam.

The God of Calvinism cannot be trusted. How could anyone have faith in a mean, unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous, tyrant God.

I could never have faith in such a God as this and I don't believe that Calvinist can either.
Jackie Chan isn't a Calvinist.
According to you, he is the whosoever.
You claim he is saved.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

The God of Calvinism cannot be trusted. How could anyone have faith in a mean, unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous, tyrant God?

Calvinists change the character and intent of God in order for Him to fit their "belief system." I believe it to be a cult.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Regardless of how a Calvinist came to Christ, they still had to have a point in their life where they had to make a decision to believe the Gospel. It didn't just strike them suddenly that they were one of the elect. Something had to happen in order for them to come to that conclusion?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Regardless of how a Calvinist came to Christ, they still had to have a point in their life where they had to make a decision to believe the Gospel. It didn't just strike them suddenly that they were one of the elect. Something had to happen in order for them to come to that conclusion?
Monergism only relates to regeneration, in which the person is passive given that the person is spiritually dead. By spiritually dead is meant the person possesses no moral ability to choose to rightly. These persons are only able to sin more or sin less. Hence, they will never choose rightly unless God reaches down and does something to them (Eze. 36:26) so they are now able to choose to sin or not to sin.

But, once regenerated the man becomes active...spiritually alive. At this instant of regeneration the inevitable exercise of faith in receiving the righteousness of Christ for justification is the person's own act. Strictly speaking, therefore, not even justification is monergistic. It is best to restrict the terms monergism and synergism to the controversy over regeneration and nothing else.

So, yes, most will remember a moment at which they were born anew and made the only choice possible at that moment. It is really no different than the non-Calvinist. The quibbling that is going on relates to the understanding of what is actually going on "under the hood" as it were.

The Arminian will say that "aha!" moment of regeneration was something that came from within them via persuasiveness (wooing) by the Holy Spirit, and they made the right choice.

The Calvinist will say that "aha!" moment of regeneration came from without, in that the Holy Spirit enlightens the mind and renews the will, and thus they made the only choice possible.

God does not give a new mind or new will in regeneration. The man has the same human powers of mind and will; but as regenerate the man is endued with spiritual life and is thereby able to think, will, feel, and act spiritually. The faculty of the will cannot be removed and substituted. The same old will (which was enslaved) is renewed and liberated. A freed person who was once a slave does not need to be made an entirely new person; he merely needs to be freed.

Our new life—our love for and trust of the Savior—flows from the new birth, not vice versa. This is clearly taught in John 3:3 where Jesus tells us we cannot even see the kingdom of God unless we are first born again. If we cannot see the kingdom, we certainly cannot enter it; thus, regeneration precedes faith. In regenerating our hearts, the Holy Spirit opens our eyes, making us able to obey in faith.

AMR

Brother Ducky

God created ALL men with "free will."

Calvinists do not deny the existence of free-will; we do deny that free-will is absolute. That is to say that there are limits on what a person may actually choose.

A challenge for you. Exercise your free-will and become a Calvinist for 1 week. Choose to believe that which we believe. And not just say that you are, but really become one.

Bet you can't.

Brother Ducky

Some around here mistake Pate for a "Universalist." This is not so. He preaches Grace through faith. That is Biblical salvation. God came in the flesh to die for the sins of ALL mankind. Whosoever shall believe shall be saved. One must first hear the Gospel of their salvation and earnestly place ALL their faith in the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. They cannot place their faith in Christ and their good works/deeds, water baptism, speaking in tongues, Catholicism, Calvinism, etc. They must place ALL of their faith in Christ as their Savior. They reject the Real Gospel at their peril.

I understand that Pate is not a Universalist. He does have a belief system that logically leads to Universalism. He has a doctrine, Pate-made as far as I can tell [and one that I know of none who also claim to hold] of the re-imputation of sin. This he holds with bulldog tenacity, with no clear Scriptural warrant. He quotes one verse in support, a verse that says the opposite of what he says. He also insists that predestination can not be true because it is mentioned only four times in scripture. He is not a Universalist because he arbitrarily and capriciously says he isn't despite what he says he believes.

Brother Ducky

How many of you Calvinists actually read the Bible cover to cover, word for word, name by name?

I do. As do many Reformed/Calvinist believers here. I do not think that you will be able to sling the mud of Biblical ignorance against Calvinists and have it stick.

For historical interest, check out some of the Reformed Standards with Scriptural proofs and tell me honestly that the authors were just plain ignorant of what the Bible says.