Scriptures that Refute Calvinism

Robert Pate

Banned
Calvinism is a false doctrine that teaches God only choses some people to be saved and damns the rest to hell. The scriptures listed below teach otherwise. These are just some of the scriptures that refute Calvinism. There are many, many more.

"WHOSOEVER that shall not receive the Kingdom of God as a little child shall not enter in" Luke 18:17

"WHOSOEVER that believes in him should not perish" John 3:15.

"WHOSOEVER that drinks of this water that I shall give to him shall neve thrist" John 4:14.

"WHOSOEVER that lives and believes in me shall never die" John 11:26.

"I am come a light unto the world, that WHOSOEVER believes in me should not abide in darkness" John 12:46.

"And it shall come to past that WHOSOEVER shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Acts 2:21.

"That through his name WHOSOEVER believes in him shall receive remission of sins" Acts 10:43.

"WHOSOEVER that believes in him shall not be ashamed" Romans 10:11.

"For WHOSOEVER that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

"WHOSOEVER shall confess that Jesus is the Son Of God, God dwells in him" 1 John 4:15.

"WHOSOEVER believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God" 1 John 5:1.

"Come unto me ALL OF YOU that labor and I will give you rest" Matthew 11:28.

"WHOSOEVER Shall confess me before men, him will I confess before my Father" Matthew 10:32.

"For WHOSOEVER will save his life shall lose it" Matthew 16:32.

"WHOSOEVER shall receive a little child in my name receives me" Matthew 18:4.

"And WHOSOEVER shall do the will of God, the same is my brother and my sister, and my mother" Mark 3:35.

"Which you have prepared before the face of ALL PEOPLE" Luke 2:31.

"WHOSOEVER that will come after me" Luke 6:47.

"The same came for a witness of the light that ALL MEN might believe" John 1:7.

rako

This SUPPORTS Calvinism! All Calvinists believe these verses.
One time, when I asked why Reformed who say the Bible is "perspicuous" and easily understood without use of Tradition have opposite answers on major questions, I was told that it is because they ignored some parts of the Bible.

However, as you point out, Reformed with opposite views eg Arminianism v Calvinism do pay attention to the same verses.

This suggests to me that even when they pay attention to all the verses they have opposite conclusions, and so the Bible is not really so easily understood on them after all. Hence the importance of Tradition as a crucial (although not infallible) authority.

Feel free to have a look at my thread that discusses this question:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116545

Robert Pate

Banned
This SUPPORTS Calvinism! All Calvinists believe these verses.

You apparently do not understand Calvinism.

Calvinist believe that only "some certain persons" have been predestinated to eternal life. Canons of Dort, First Head: Article #10.

The word "WHOSOEVER" means all, anyone, everyone.

flintstoned

You apparently do not understand Calvinism.

Calvinist believe that only "some certain persons" have been predestinated to eternal life. Canons of Dort, First Head: Article #10.

The word "WHOSOEVER" means all, anyone, everyone.

No, YOU don't understand Calvinism. Calvinists agree with all of the bible verses you quoted. Yep....they agree that "whosoever believes, will be saved." Whosoever (meaning all, anyone, everyone, in the whole wide world) who believes will be saved. Just like it says.

Robert Pate

Banned
No, YOU don't understand Calvinism. Calvinists agree with all of the bible verses you quoted. Yep....they agree that "whosoever believes, will be saved." Whosoever (meaning all, anyone, everyone, in the whole wide world) who believes will be saved. Just like it says.

If you add anything to the word "Whosoever" it is no longer whosoever.

In your case it is "whosoever that believes". The word cannot be designated to mean any particular group because it then does not mean whosoever.

flintstoned

If you add anything to the word "Whosoever" it is no longer whosoever.

In your case it is "whosoever that believes". The word cannot be designated to mean any particular group because it then does not mean whosoever.

What are you talking about? Each of those verses "adds things" to the word "whosoever." Whosoever believes, whosoever calls, whosoever confesses, etc. That is what scripture says. You cannot separate it. Are you suggesting that all, every single individual in the world, is saved without believing?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What are you talking about? Each of those verses "adds things" to the word "whosoever." Whosoever believes, whosoever calls, whosoever confesses, etc. That is what scripture says. You cannot separate it. Are you suggesting that all, every single individual in the world, is saved without believing?

Are you blind? Have you no discernment?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Calvinists interpret Scripture by passing it through their "Scripture filter." Thereby, it comes out the other side with a Calvin slant attached.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
:doh:

None of those verses are against Calvinism. There are no verses against Calvinism.

This is a perfect display, rather, of how much people just don't get or want to understand the theology.

I think that it's become so intrinsic to some on here to railroad Reformed doctrine that they don't even know why they are really against it anymore. It's just 'evil predestination, lets throw rocks at it' :rotfl:

Just remember that the champions of the Reformation are the reason you aren't being taxed and told what to believe right now.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Reformed believe every single verse in Scripture, Robert.

We do not think think Scripture is full of errors.

But you know who disagrees with this? You do, Robert:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...edestination&p=4402162&viewfull=1#post4402162

AMR

AMR, Calvinism must change the character and intent of God in order to have their "belief system" work. God desires, ALL men to come to a saving knowledge of Christ's death and resurrection. God surely didn't choose you and a few other "Elects" and send the rest of humanity to eternal damnation. That is a false doctrine. In order to make it sound plausible, you and your ilk must, misinterpret Scripture verses. God's Grace is given to them who, hear the Gospel and place all their faith in Christ and His death and resurrection. That is Paul's Gospel, given to him by the ascended Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
To a certain degree, of course. Are you arguing that you come to Scripture with no filter, whatsoever?

Here's how I do it: I pray to God the Father, that He will give me wisdom and knowledge for what I'm about to read. I'm able to learn new things as I read along. That's a funny thing about the Bible, no matter how much you read and study it, you can continue to learn new things. The Bible is a "Spiritual Book." It is inspired by the Holy Spirit and written by men of old. One thing I have never seen is, the Calvinist false doctrine in God's written word. There seems to be a lot of Presbyterians and some Baptists that seem to cling to the beliefs of John Calvin and his ilk.

I used to listen to a radio station in California (in the 70s) called "Family Radio." They basically had Presbyterian Pastors who preached from tapes they would play. They were all Calvinists. The owner of the station was named "Harold Camping." He was involved with Calvinism and reformed theology. Many years later he became "infamous" for predicting the end of the world on different occasions. I believe the last "Prediction" came in 2011? He would preach nightly that the end was coming on a certain day of a certain month. He had many, many followers who believed his every word. They even quit their jobs, sold their homes and worldly possessions.

They went out on the streets and preached, the end of the world is coming on such and such a day. Well, the day came and went and it's now 2016. If you're interested reading about this fellow and his "Predictions" Google: "Harold Camping." It's quite a story. They should make a movie about this guy and the misery he brought about for those who lost everything because of this "misguided" guy and his religious beliefs. In the 70s he preached that if a wife was being beaten by her husband, even to the point of losing her life, she had an obligation to stay with him.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
:doh:

None of those verses are against Calvinism. There are no verses against Calvinism.

This is a perfect display, rather, of how much people just don't get or want to understand the theology.

I think that it's become so intrinsic to some on here to railroad Reformed doctrine that they don't even know why they are really against it anymore. It's just 'evil predestination, lets throw rocks at it' :rotfl:

Just remember that the champions of the Reformation are the reason you aren't being taxed and told what to believe right now.

I have a reason for not believing it. It's based on false doctrine. That's good enough for me.

Brother Ducky

Calvinism is a false doctrine that teaches God only choses some people to be saved and damns the rest to hell. The scriptures listed below teach otherwise. These are just some of the scriptures that refute Calvinism. There are many, many more.

"WHOSOEVER that shall not receive the Kingdom of God as a little child shall not enter in" Luke 18:17

"WHOSOEVER that believes in him should not perish" John 3:15.

"WHOSOEVER that drinks of this water that I shall give to him shall neve thrist" John 4:14.

"WHOSOEVER that lives and believes in me shall never die" John 11:26.

"I am come a light unto the world, that WHOSOEVER believes in me should not abide in darkness" John 12:46.

"And it shall come to past that WHOSOEVER shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Acts 2:21.

"That through his name WHOSOEVER believes in him shall receive remission of sins" Acts 10:43.

"WHOSOEVER that believes in him shall not be ashamed" Romans 10:11.

"For WHOSOEVER that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

"WHOSOEVER shall confess that Jesus is the Son Of God, God dwells in him" 1 John 4:15.

"WHOSOEVER believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God" 1 John 5:1.

"Come unto me ALL OF YOU that labor and I will give you rest" Matthew 11:28.

"WHOSOEVER Shall confess me before men, him will I confess before my Father" Matthew 10:32.

"For WHOSOEVER will save his life shall lose it" Matthew 16:32.

"WHOSOEVER shall receive a little child in my name receives me" Matthew 18:4.

"And WHOSOEVER shall do the will of God, the same is my brother and my sister, and my mother" Mark 3:35.

"Which you have prepared before the face of ALL PEOPLE" Luke 2:31.

"WHOSOEVER that will come after me" Luke 6:47.

"The same came for a witness of the light that ALL MEN might believe" John 1:7.

Something you said on another thread speaks to your methodology here:

This is why you are so screwed up. You can't take excerpts from anything and come to a conclusion.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Reformed believe every single verse in Scripture, Robert.

We do not think think Scripture is not perfect.

But you know who disagrees with this? You do, Robert:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...edestination&p=4402162&viewfull=1#post4402162

AMR

You must think that you are talking to an idiot.

No, you don't believe every scripture in the Bible. There are about 75 scriptures that tell us God has provided salvation for all, all men, everyone, whosoever. Not just some elected few but for the whole world, 1 John 4:14.