Saved are you?

Saved are you?

• Yes. They must cease from sin.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No. They can continue to sin.

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Oops, I just realized that I wasn't saved!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

elohiym

Stone,

Here's even a better answer to your question...

stone said:
Do truly saved christians ever do anything that can be construed as sinful?
No.

Hebrews 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Peace

elohiym

God_Is_Truth said:
you said earlier you don't believe Christians can ever lose their salvation. so what do you think happens when a Christian has an abortion or muders someone?
A Christian does not have abortions, which is murder. And a Christian does not murder anyone. If someone does those things, they hate their brother, and their is no light in them. In other words, they are not saved, never were.

God_Is_Truth

elohiym said:
A Christian does not have abortions, which is murder. And a Christian does not murder anyone. If someone does those things, they hate their brother, and their is no light in them. In other words, they are not saved, never were.

so David was not a follower of God when he murdered bathshebas husband, nor was he ever before?

Charity

God_Is_Truth said:
so David was not a follower of God when he murdered bathshebas husband, nor was he ever before?

Yes David had the spirt of God at his anointing, and was surly set for an example of Gods grace.
Inclline your ear, and come unto me; hear and your soul shall live; and i will make an everlasting covernant with you, even the sure mercies of David,

If theres any children veiwing please dont try this, we do not sugest murder
If God has washed our robes and we get them soiled again, then so it be

elohiym

God_Is_Truth said:
David was not following God when he stole another man's wife and murdered him, no. His actions were a violation of the law. He received grace, which is why he was not put to death as the law required. God put away his sin, and David sinned no more.

1 Kings 15:5 Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.

koban

Charity said:
Yes David had the spirt of God at his anointing, and was surly set for an example of Gods grace.
Inclline your ear, and come unto me; hear and your soul shall live; and i will make an everlasting covernant with you, even the sure mercies of David,

If theres any children veiwing please dont try this, we do not sugest murder
If God has washed our robes and we get them soiled again, then so it be

I think our robes are supposed to be stain resistant. :chuckle:

Charity

koban

Yep they sure are if you are seperated from your sins, not if you cant seperate sin from yourself by grace.
charity

STONE

elohiym said:
Stone,

Here's even a better answer to your question...

No.

Hebrews 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Peace

Elohiym I think you are saying our actions cannot be called sinful because of Christ's sacrifice. Correct?

elected4ever

believe it or not your flesh was not a sinner before salvation. It is just plain dead. The law killed it as soon as it was judged by law. The scripture says the soul that sinneth shall die. When we die it is the soul that stands before God on judgment day, not the flesh. A soul that is without Christ is dead or separated from God and will be judged on Judgment day. We must receive new life by the new birth while in this life. That life is God's life imparted to us from God and is incapable of sin. No born again Christian sins It is an utter impossibility.

STONE

elected4ever said:
believe it or not your flesh was not a sinner before salvation. It is just plain dead. The law killed it as soon as it was judged by law. The scripture says the soul that sinneth shall die. When we die it is the soul that stands before God on judgment day, not the flesh. A soul that is without Christ is dead or separated from God and will be judged on Judgment day. We must receive new life by the new birth while in this life. That life is God's life imparted to us from God and is incapable of sin. No born again Christian sins It is an utter impossibility.
Hi e4e,
If I understand correctly you are saying that wrong actions are of the old man, but a believer's identity is in Christ (not the old man) where there cannot be sin, for sin is not of christ. Correct?

elohiym

STONE said:
Elohiym I think you are saying our actions cannot be called sinful because of Christ's sacrifice. Correct?
That's not what I'm saying.

If our actions are rape, murder, theft, or any other action that God considers hate towards our brother, we are not saved. If the motive of our actions is love (from God's perspective), there is no law against love. All things are lawful in that sense. If we have the spirit of Christ, we have the spirit of love, and we fulfill the law, always.

STONE

Elohiym could you give an example of what you consider weakness of the flesh (which is not a sin)?

SOTK

elected4ever said:

:thumb:

STONE

elohiym said:
That's not what I'm saying.

If our actions are rape, murder, theft, or any other action that God considers hate towards our brother, we are not saved. If the motive of our actions is love (from God's perspective), there is no law against love. All things are lawful in that sense. If we have the spirit of Christ, we have the spirit of love, and we fulfill the law, always.
Now that is different topic than rom 8:33 and Heb 8:12 of which we were speaking.
However the point you are making here is scriptural.

Last edited:

elected4ever

STONE said:
Hi e4e,
If I understand correctly you are saying that wrong actions are of the old man, but a believer's identity is in Christ (not the old man) where there cannot be sin, for sin is not of Christ. Correct?
That is correct. If after we are saved we find our identity in the old man that we despise then we will act according to the old man. We do not live victorious according to the new man. We will continually live in a constant state of fear and pay more attention to ourselves and not others. Not only that, we have a hard time dealing with our failure and lose our confidence and joy. We cannot deni that we know what sin is and when we fail to live according to the expectations that is our true character many just give up thinking we just cannot live to the expectations that we expect of ourselves. We judge ourselves by the law and we continually fail so we think that we are sinners when we are not. We have been set free from the law.