Saved are you?

Saved are you?

• Yes. They must cease from sin.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No. They can continue to sin.

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Oops, I just realized that I wasn't saved!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

elohiym

Does a person have to stop sinning to be saved?

I say yes.

Jesus said: "...go and sin no more." John 8:11 (John 5:14)

Peter wrote: "...arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin." 1 Peter 4:1

Paul wrote: "Awake to righteousness, and sin not..." 1 Corinthians 15:34

There's more, but what do you think, does a person have to stop sinning to be saved?

dRock

elohiym said:
Okay. But does a person have to stop sinning to be saved?
No. If a person stopped sinning when they got saved, then at that point (point of salvation), there would be no more need for the grace of God. Just my opinion.

elohiym

dRock said:
No. If a person stopped sinning when they got saved, then at that point (point of salvation), there would be no more need for the grace of God. Just my opinion.
Oh, so like if a homosexual stopped long enough to get saved, but then started up again. Are you saying he could be saved? :confused:

Because if what you are saying is true, then that would be the case. Sorry, I can't buy that.

But thanks for your input.

elohiym

Jabez said:
What iam thinking is are we ever totaly sinless while in this state?
Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Jesus came in the same type of flesh you did. Wasn't Jesus sinless with sinful flesh?

Shouldn't we arm ourselves with the same mind and cease from sin, as the scripture tells us to?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Christians still sin, but Christians are not under the law. Christians are no longer sinners, but saints. Even though Christians still sin, they do not lose their salvation.

Romans 6
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Should we continue to sin because we can?

Romans 6
15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? 17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.

dRock

elohiym said:
Oh, so like if a homosexual stopped long enough to get saved, but then started up again. Are you saying he could be saved? :confused:

Because if what you are saying is true, then that would be the case. Sorry, I can't buy that.

But thanks for your input.
I'm not saying that they stopped sinning...

...I was saying that if when we get saved we quit sinning (because we are saved), as many of you are saying, then there would be no more need for the grace of God.

dRock

Shimei said:
Even though Christians still sin, they do not lose their salvation.

Reference:

John 10:28 - "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand."

Jabez

Friend of Jesus
Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? Matt 27:46
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Psalm 22:1

2 Cor. 5:21 says, "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." It is possible that at some moment on the cross, when Jesus became sin on our behalf, that God the Father, in a sense, turned His back upon the Son. It says in Hab. 1:13 that God is too pure to look upon evil. Therefore, it is possible that when Jesus bore our sins in His body on the cross (1 Pet. 2:24), that the Father, spiritually, turned away. At that time, the Son may have cried out.

dRock

Jabez said:
Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? Matt 27:46
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Psalm 22:1

2 Cor. 5:21 says, "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." It is possible that at some moment on the cross, when Jesus became sin on our behalf, that God the Father, in a sense, turned His back upon the Son. It says in Hab. 1:13 that God is too pure to look upon evil. Therefore, it is possible that when Jesus bore our sins in His body on the cross (1 Pet. 2:24), that the Father, spiritually, turned away. At that time, the Son may have cried out.
Which only leads to another, as interesting topic...where did Jesus go when he died? I have heard that He went to heaven but I believe that he went to hell...

...so anyways, lets try to stay on topic. Sorry guys, I have ADD.

Jabez

Friend of Jesus
dRock said:
Which only leads to another, as interesting topic...where did Jesus go when he died? I have heard that He went to heaven but I believe that he went to hell...

1Peter 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;Which if i remember correctly was called paradise(Abrahams Bossum), which was split into 2 areas.One was for the Good and one for the not so good.

On Topic:

I beleive once you are saved you will still have sin.Example, Iam saved.The other day i was framing my basement and split my thumb open and said a curse word,as soon as i said it i knew i had sinned.I was ashamed of my self and asked for forgiveness.I have sinned but have been forgiven.

dRock

Jabez said:
The other day i was framing my basement and split my thumb open and said a curse word,as soon as i said it i knew i had sinned.I was ashamed of my self and asked for forgiveness.I have sinned but have been forgiven.

dRock said:
I'm not saying that they stopped sinning...

...I was saying that if when we get saved we quit sinning (because we are saved), as many of you are saying, then there would be no more need for the grace of God.

But since we continue to sin after being saved, thank God for His good grace.

Thanks, Jabez.

koban

dRock said:

Look, a bird!