SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

oatmeal

All of those that think that something about their "obedience" or "repentance" or "__fill in the blank__" is part of the equation will complain about this.

Yes, they will.

As will those who confuse God paying the price in His son in contrast to our simply believing to receive the gift which was paid by God through His son.

oatmeal

Salvation cannot be earned. That is what the Pharisees believed.

The Pharisee and Tax Collector

"And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted" (Luke 18:9-14).

"Salvation belongs to the LORD" (Ps. 3:8)

Yes, Salvation does belong to the Lord and whosoever believes on the name of the .Lord shall receive salvation from the Lord.God.

Romans 10:9 For if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in thine heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shall be saved.

The context is most instructive as well.

God's Truth

Yes, Salvation does belong to the Lord and whosoever believes on the name of the .Lord shall receive salvation from the Lord.God.

Romans 10:9 For if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in thine heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shall be saved.

The context is most instructive as well.

If you confess with your mouth by saying, "Jesus is Lord", then you had better be obeying him.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Last edited:

God's Truth

You are so clueless. You understand NOTHING that anyone says.

A debate about the most important thing in life, God.

Theoretical narrative:

First to post GT:

GT: Prepared post with scriptures, great patience, and explanation.

Next up, RD:

RD: Liar; or, Clueless.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus came for the SHEEP of Israel.

They were already saved. They were already sheep.

You don't have a clue.

The rest of the Jews were cut off and their father was Satan.

Why do you deny what Jesus stated EXPLICITLY!

But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” - Matthew 15:24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...4&version=NKJV

Not "sheep."

Not "dogs."

"LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL."

God's Truth

JudgeRightly
Look at the two different Jews:

See John 17:6 "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

Luke 19:42 and said, "If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace--but now it is hidden from your eyes.

Not all Jews were as sheep.

The Jews who weren't sheep were cut off.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Look at the two different Jews:

Twisting scripture doesn't change the fact that the entire Nation of Israel is God's flock, and therefore ALL OF THEM are by necessity "sheep."

Not all Jews were as sheep.

All Jews ARE sheep.

Do you not even notice when a simile is being used?

"As" is used when you are comparing one thing with another thing of a different kind.

Gentiles were not sheep, they were dogs.

But the dogs could become AS sheep under the Gospel of the Kingdom, by entering into covenant relationship with God through Moses.

The Jews who weren't sheep were cut off.

All Jews are sheep. There are only two kinds of Jews in the Gospels. The sheep that are lost, and the sheep that are not lost.

Guess whom Jesus said He was sent to?

Yup. The LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL.

He did NOT say that He was sent to "The not-lost sheep of the house of Israel."

No kidding they were SHEEP of Israel.

You're still not getting it.

Jesus was sent to the LOST SHEEP.

ALL JEWS were sheep, because the Nation of Israel is God's flock.

Jesus did not come for the Gentiles.
Jesus did not come for the not-lost sheep.

​​​​​​Jesus was not sent but to the LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL.

Not all Jews were called sheep of Israel.

False.

ALL JEWS are SHEEP in the House of Israel.

Do you not know what one of the names of Jesus is?

He is the Good Shepherd.

A good shepherd will go and get even the lost sheep that have departed from his flock, and so Jesus, being THE Good Shepherd, came to bring back those of His flock that were lost. He doesn't have to rescue the sheep that are not lost, but He has to rescue the sheep that ARE lost.

That's why He said [JESUS]"I was not sent except to the LOST sheep of the House of Israel."[/JESUS]

I believe Jesus' words. Why do you twist and reject and deny them?

God's Truth

Twisting scripture doesn't change the fact that the entire Nation of Israel is God's flock, and therefore ALL OF THEM are by necessity "sheep."
All Jews ARE sheep.

I don't twist scriptures. Answer if Jesus said to some Jews that their father was Satan, not God.

Waiting....

God's Truth

Do you not even notice when a simile is being used?
What?

"As" is used when you are comparing one thing with another thing of a different kind.

Gentiles were not sheep, they were dogs.
Well, it was a Canaanite woman who was refereed to as a dog. There is reason to believe that Gentiles were the 'pigs'.
However, what do you think you have proved by bringing this up? The Canaanites were not considered Jews or sheep.
But the dogs could become AS sheep under the Gospel of the Kingdom, by entering into covenant relationship with God through Moses.

Yeah, good one, I preach that here all the time.

All Jews are sheep. There are only two kinds of Jews in the Gospels. The sheep that are lost, and the sheep that are not lost.
hahahaha no.

Who are the ISRAELI people Jesus said that their father was the devil?
Who are the people of ISRAEL that Jesus said blind, or hardened?

Could you hurry up and answer that so you might be able to see the truth?

Guess whom Jesus said He was sent to?

Yup. The LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL.

He did NOT say that He was sent to "The not-lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Just listen to yourself.

Do you think the Pharisees and teachers of the law were lost sheep?

Were they the ones who had the parables explained to them?

Were they the one who had the parables said to them?

The Pharisees and teachers of the law and many more Jews would NEVER EVER believe they were lost!

Think more carefully.

You're still not getting it.
You are the one not getting it.

Jesus was sent to the LOST SHEEP.
Jesus was sent to the lost sheep means they are the ones who needed a Shepherd BECAUSE the PHARISEES AND TEACHERS of the law were NOT GOOD SHEPHERDS.

What did some Israelites do when they heard Jesus? They walked away!!!

What did some Israelites that you call sheep do to Jesus?

THEY SAID CRUCIFY HIM!
ALL JEWS were sheep, because the Nation of Israel is God's flock.

God said He would judge between the SHEEP and some would be CUT OFF and called children of the devil.

Just ask me for the scriptures, come on, just ask.
Jesus did not come for the Gentiles.

NOT YET, but he said about them that they would be the ones saved.

The Gentiles did NOT YET OBEY God, so Jesus came first for the lost sheep of Israel.

The Gentiles would eventually have to obey to get saved; they had to become as sheep, according to the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Jesus did not come for the not-lost sheep.

​​​​​​Jesus was not sent but to the LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL.

I am trying so hard to help you, but you will not let me explain it, your heart is hard and not listening.

False.

ALL JEWS are SHEEP in the House of Israel.
God said He would JUDGE among the sheep.

The sheep were judged and some were CUT OFF and HARDENED and called children of SATAN.

Do you not know what one of the names of Jesus is?

He is the Good Shepherd.

A good shepherd will go and get even the lost sheep that have departed from his flock, and so Jesus, being THE Good Shepherd, came to bring back those of His flock that were lost. He doesn't have to rescue the sheep that are not lost, but He has to rescue the sheep that ARE lost.

The sheep were going astray BECAUSE they had no good SHEPHERD, they had the PHARISEES AND TEACHERS OF THE LAW.

When Jesus came, the judging by GOD had happened.

He cut OFF some Jews and hardened them.

He cut them off and hardened them because they never had faith. They were LIKE THE ISRAEL people who KILLED THE PROPHETS.

That's why He said [JESUS]"I was not sent except to the LOST sheep of the House of Israel."[/JESUS]

I believe Jesus' words. Why do you twist and reject and deny them?

You have the chance to know SOMEONE and SOMETHING so great beyond anything you think you know, but it depends on Jesus, who says humble yourself and repent.

oatmeal

If you confess with your mouth by saying, "Jesus is Lord", then you had better be obeying him.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Anyone who confesses with their mouth the Lord Jesus is obeying "confess with the mouth the Lord Jesus". Doing Romans 10:9 is doing the will of the Father in two ways.

First, by confessing with the mouth the Lord Jesus.

Second, by believing in their heart that God raised him from the death

God's Truth

Anyone who confesses with their mouth the Lord Jesus is obeying "confess with the mouth the Lord Jesus". Doing Romans 10:9 is doing the will of the Father in two ways.

First, by confessing with the mouth the Lord Jesus.

Second, by believing in their heart that God raised him from the death

Paul in NO WAY is saying we don't have to do what Jesus says to do and that we are to repent of our sins!

Do you really want to teach that Jesus says to do things, but Paul says no just say Jesus is the Lord?

You have to do more than just say Jesus is the Lord---you have to make Jesus your Lord BY OBEYING HIM.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul in NO WAY is saying we don't have to do what Jesus says to do and that we are to repent of our sins!

Do you really want to teach that Jesus says to do things, but Paul says no just say Jesus is the Lord?

You have to do more than just say Jesus is the Lord---you have to make Jesus your Lord BY OBEYING HIM.

I don't see where Oatmeal has said anything that is incorrect. In fact what he says is entirely in accord with Scripture. Confess with the mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.