Sabbath

clefty

Festivals and sacrifice were done away with in the New Covenant.
perhaps and perhaps relevant to this text in Romans 14.

Odd then how Paul endorses we keep celebrating the festival feast with the new unleavened bread of Spirit and Truth...and went on to keep the festivals and collect first fruit offerings from Gentiles who also did...

Why the very birthday of the church was occurred on Pentecost when Spirit descended on those who were in one accord to celebrate it...

Fasting in not relevant.

Perhaps not in your life but to this text in Romans 14 it IS INDEED relevant.

https://emmilglenn.wordpress.com/2009/11/17/romans-14-talks-about-fasting-not-the-sabbath/

CherubRam

perhaps and perhaps relevant to this text in Romans 14.

Odd then how Paul endorses we keep celebrating the festival feast with the new unleavened bread of Spirit and Truth...and went on to keep the festivals and collect first fruit offerings from Gentiles who also did...

Why the very birthday of the church was occurred on Pentecost when Spirit descended on those who were in one accord to celebrate it...

Perhaps not in your life but to this text in Romans 14 it IS INDEED relevant.

https://emmilglenn.wordpress.com/2009/11/17/romans-14-talks-about-fasting-not-the-sabbath/

That message of Paul's was preached until the destruction of the temple. His message then changed to us being the temple of God.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Ok no fair...if I am gonna be ribbin ya you can't go all testimonial about your poor health and all...

HalleluYah you still here...so what was revealed to you?

What is your prayer?

I said
Where do you get ribbin, don't you mean mocking God. Nothing new I have been through near death plenty of times. And the Holy Spirit tells me what to pray and the Lord delivers me.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That message of Paul's was preached until the destruction of the temple. His message then changed to us being the temple of God.

I said
And we are not suppose to take a public stand on festivals, new moons, Sabbaths, which are only shadows of things to come. We don't defend them, or justify them, or condemn them. They are all personal decisions.

Col 2:16-17
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
(NKJ)

clefty

Is this message you interpret to be found in Romans 14 as well? Or where is it? Because Romans 14 is about receiving a new convert and not arguing about doubtful things...like over food...whether to eat meat or only vegetables...favoring one day to fast or any day...

Nothing about Sabbath or temple destruction being the event that makes us being the temple...or Sunday worship...

Paul taught "know ye not ye are the temple" long before the destruction of the temple...

Even on Sabbaths and on festival days...

The Jerusalem council taught as much ruling not to eat meat defiled by idols or not properly killed or prepared...a law even for goyim since Moses as heard every Sabbath in synagogues every Sabbath

clefty

I said
And we are not suppose to take a public stand on festivals, new moons, Sabbaths, which are only shadows of things to come. We don't defend them, or justify them, or condemn them. They are all personal decisions.

Col 2:16-17
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
(NKJ)

Well... HalleluYah! there is progress...yes they ARE still shadows...

However we are EXACTLY to take a public stand is why Paul is saying let no man judge you...others have to know your stance before they can judge you...and in this text Paul is encouraging the new converts to NOT let others judge or to discourage them, rob them, persuade them NOT to follow these shadowss that point to the good things to come...

ok? So let no man judge you BUT THE BODY OF CHRIST...so no regular humans but the church...it judges or rules or determines what was established by Him not other men...

So basically it is saying don't let Squeaky rob you of your reward with his not of the body of Christ rulings...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Well... HalleluYah! there is progress...yes they ARE still shadows...

However we are EXACTLY to take a public stand is why Paul is saying let no man judge you...others have to know your stance before they can judge you...and in this text Paul is encouraging the new converts to NOT let others judge or to discourage them, rob them, persuade them NOT to follow these shadowss that point to the good things to come...

ok? So let no man judge you BUT THE BODY OF CHRIST...so no regular humans but the church...it judges or rules or determines what was established by Him not other men...

So basically it is saying don't let Squeaky rob you of your reward with his not of the body of Christ rulings...

I said
ROFLOL Not even you could believe that garbage. Jesus changed the law, Jesus made a new covenant, Jesus annulled the commandments, Jesus nailed any requirements to the cross.

Col 2:14-17
14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Now remember if you keep any part of the old testament that Jesus hasn't brought over to the new testament you will fall from grace.

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

clefty you are one of the antichrists

I Jn 2:18
18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
ROFLOL Not even you could believe that garbage. Jesus changed the law, Jesus made a new covenant, Jesus annulled the commandments, Jesus nailed any requirements to the cross.

Col 2:14-17
14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Now remember if you keep any part of the old testament that Jesus hasn't brought over to the new testament you will fall from grace.

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

clefty you are one of the antichrists

I Jn 2:18
18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
(NKJ)

Even that last verse was written at a time when the church was still Sabbath keeping thus the anti Christs John refers to were the ones bringing another gospel...such as of every day any day Sabbaths...

Poor squeaky in league with those who bare false witness and testify falsly that He changed the Law itself...and no not of its administration...we are all priests to establish HIS Law...and the law we establish reveals the One we worship...and the heart we worship with...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Even that last verse was written at a time when the church was still Sabbath keeping thus the anti Christs John refers to were the ones bringing another gospel...such as of every day any day Sabbaths...

Poor squeaky in league with those who bare false witness and testify falsly that He changed the Law itself...and no not of its administration...we are all priests to establish HIS Law...and the law we establish reveals the One we worship...and the heart we worship with...

I said
ROFLOL Lets take a look at the truth. I post the gospel, you don't. You disagree with what I post.
I quote the Word, you don't.
Now who do you think is bringing another gospel???

Gal 1:6-10
6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel,
7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
(NKJ)

Gal 6:13-14
13 For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh.
14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
(NKJ)

CherubRam

Is this message you interpret to be found in Romans 14 as well? Or where is it? Because Romans 14 is about receiving a new convert and not arguing about doubtful things...like over food...whether to eat meat or only vegetables...favoring one day to fast or any day...

Nothing about Sabbath or temple destruction being the event that makes us being the temple...or Sunday worship...

Paul taught "know ye not ye are the temple" long before the destruction of the temple...

Even on Sabbaths and on festival days...

The Jerusalem council taught as much ruling not to eat meat defiled by idols or not properly killed or prepared...a law even for goyim since Moses as heard every Sabbath in synagogues every Sabbath

[FONT=&quot]Romans 14[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Verse 5 is about different days, (Plural) whereas verse 6 is about a singular day.[/FONT]

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
another lie from squeaky, serving his father, the author of all lies

I said
ROFLOL That bitter envy will defile you. Every time you give into it, you loose a little more spirituality that you had. lol And lets face it you don't have much. Anyway I'm a born again Christian I cant be offended. Its useless to try.

Luke 8:18
18 "Therefore take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him."
(NKJ)

Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
no, it's up to God

but you've revealed yourself through your lies to be a fraud

I said
If you cant produce where I supposedly lied, you are bearing false witness. And condemning yourself.
It doesn't make any difference whether I done it or not. It only matters on what comes out of your mouth and whether you can prove it or not.

Rom 2:1-6

1 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
2 But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things.
3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?
4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
6 who "will render to each one according to his deeds":
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
If you cant produce where I supposedly lied, you are bearing false witness. And condemning yourself.
It doesn't make any difference whether I done it or not. It only matters on what comes out of your mouth and whether you can prove it or not.

Rom 2:1-6

1 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
2 But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things.
3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?
4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
6 who "will render to each one according to his deeds":
(NKJ)

Says the one who insists Sabbath was not brought into the NT...as a commandment...lol

First full day of the New Covenant Age found Him resting asleep in the tomb...keeping the Sabbath...as were His followers...not a peep about it being annulled, voided, fulfilled, changed, made into an every day any day or of Him becoming a day of rest...

Not one squeak...

clefty

[FONT="]Romans 14[/FONT]
[FONT="]5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.[/FONT]
[FONT="]6 He that regardeth [B]the day[/B], regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not [B]the day[/B], to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Verse 5 is about different days, (Plural) whereas verse 6 is about a singular day.[/FONT]

Oh my...

at least it's not as bad as how this one misuses and misapplies Romans 14

"Obviously, I have said all of that to say this- that whether one is gay or not, is a matter between oneself and God, and Christians are not to pass judgement, but to realize, "that by his own master he stands or falls" and not to "put obstacles in your brother's way." The danger here is that gay, lesbian and transgendered people are staying away from the church because of the hate and judgement that they feel, and that this is an "obstacle" in the path of those who need salvation. As Christians judge "disputable matters" and pass judgement upon those who practice homosexuality, they form a "stumbling block" that is very spiritually harmful to gay and lesbian people."

http://whosoever.org/v3i1/romans.html

"Let each be fully convinced in his own mind" is not exactly follow your own heart...

We should wish to die to self and carnal flesh and do as He commands-His way His calendar...and as He DID that we might do the same...exact same actually...take up our cross daily...not just once...

Thankfully we have still a seventh day sabbath rest...