Sabbath

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No riddle at all...it often comes up that we are not to keep the Law...but follow the Spirit...

It is said as if the Spirit would lead us into fornication, or stealing, or killing, or worshipping false gods, or worshipping the true One falsely...

Of course the Spirit would NOT do so...but lead you into a life more like His not less...and to have you love more like Him and not less...

A Spirit filled life is His Spirit...it doesn't counter or alter or deviate down another way which is NOT of HIM...

So of all the spirits out there the one that inspires you to live and love AS He did and not to earn salvation but because you are aware of all that was done for you...is why Sabbath is such a great memorial...when you remember it you remember you were created to start with...and saved from sin...it's all right there...

Any variation of it into everyday rest or any day really doesn't validate exactly what His rest is...a memorial for all that was done for you to rest...and even a shadow pointing of the good things STILL TO COME

Yup...six days hard labor and one becomes quite grateful to merely rest...

Satan has been clever in getting us to work less manually physically and less hours and less days...now we have two days off...so rest is really not that precious as any needed item is only if it's rare...and for hard manual laborers a day off is gold...

I said
The Holy Spirit only quotes new testament. So your not following the Holy Spirit. Jesus said if you love Him you will stay in the new testament. If Jesus word abides in you. That is the new testament. But your an anti Christ so you try to feed these good Christians the old testament. To get them to fall from grace.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
(NKJ)

John 14:21
21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
(NKJ)

John 14:15
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
(NKJ)

John 15:4-8
4 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
6 "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
8 "By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
(NKJ)

John 16:7
7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Obedience to the law should come from the heart. For the right reasons. It is the spirit that resides in you that will guide your thoughts. I choose to love as Christ taught me.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

I said
It is the Holy Spirit in me who is trying to warn you.

Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

clefty

We all need to fulfil that Law friend.

Christ came to show is how. He preached as to how and in what way to keep his law. It got to be done in the spirit only for your love to him who loved you first. The law will not save you but a loving heart will my friend.

It always cracks me up how they use the word fulfill to mean do away or finish or end...as if that is not destroying it...THINK NOT...

Elsewhere it is written He did things that the scriptures might be fulfilled...hmmmm does that mean they are destroyed? When we fulfilled the debt on our bill at a fancy restaurant do the next costumer eat free?

When I fulfill my obligations to live as a good citizen does that remove the obligation for others to do so?

If I fulfill the speed limit in my car does that mean the one behind me can speed?

I find more clarity when I realize what was fulfilled was the contract and covenant made with the first wife of Israel..."until death do us part"...and well she killed her husband so "it is finished"

He is now free to find a more faithful and obedient wife...

Funny how men want the same thing even from the second wife...lol

keypurr

I said
It is the Holy Spirit in me who is trying to warn you.

Matt 12:34-37
34"Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35"A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36"But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37"For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

I know the spirit that is in me Squeak, and I disagree with you.

I do not think you fully understand Clefty.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It always cracks me up how they use the word fulfill to mean do away or finish or end...as if that is not destroying it...THINK NOT...

Elsewhere it is written He did things that the scriptures might be fulfilled...hmmmm does that mean they are destroyed? When we fulfilled the debt on our bill at a fancy restaurant do the next costumer eat free?

When I fulfill my obligations to live as a good citizen does that remove the obligation for others to do so?

If I fulfill the speed limit in my car does that mean the one behind me can speed?

I find more clarity when I realize what was fulfilled was the contract and covenant made with the first wife of Israel..."until death do us part"...and well she killed her husband so "it is finished"

I said
ROFLOL You are an idiot. I posted the definition of the word fulfill just a little while ago. Pay attention.

Matt 5:17
17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
(NKJ)

4137 pleroo (play-ro'-o);

from 4134; to make replete, i.e. (literally) to cram (a net), level up (a hollow), or (figuratively) to furnish (or imbue, diffuse, influence), satisfy, execute (an office), finish (a period or task), verify (or coincide with a prediction), etc.:

KJV-- accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire, fill (up), fulfil, (be, make) full (come), fully preach, perfect, supply.

clefty

I said
Can you think of anything I haven't covered?

Ooooh I can...pick me pick me...ok so like you haven't covered the fact that He instructed we pray that our flight be not on the Sabbath in order that it might be kept...

Oh and that He gave us by His life an example of how to live...including the Sabbath not one Sunday Ham there

Oh and to pray that His OT Will be done on earth as it is in heaven...

Oh and that He obeyed His Father's commandments and remains in His love...

Oh and that after signing with His blood and sealing by His death the New COvenant the first thing He did was keep the Sabbath...as His followers hurried to do...

Oh and how Paul kept Sabbath Peter even kosher

Oh and how He said Sabbath was made for man not just Jews...and that He validated His authority His lordship by the Sabbath...

Oh and told us to do as He did which again doesn't mean rest all day everyday nor Sunday ham...

Oh and offers the hidden manna as a reward for those who endure to the end...manna only means something to Sabbath keepers...it taught the slaves about counting six day and seventh day rest

So please cover that...

clefty

I said
ROFLOL You are an idiot. I posted the definition of the word fulfill just a little while ago. Pay attention.

Matt 5:17
17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
(NKJ)

from 4134; to make replete, i.e. (literally) to cram (a net), level up (a hollow), or (figuratively) to furnish (or imbue, diffuse, influence), satisfy, execute (an office), finish (a period or task), verify (or coincide with a prediction), etc.:

KJV-- accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire, fill (up), fulfil, (be, make) full (come), fully preach, perfect, supply.

Hey Squeaky when you fulfill the requirements for a recipe does that mean you destroy the list? You never need to make that item again?

Lol...as if we can kill steal fornicate...cuz well there's no law...no law no sin...

I know I know you only mean 1 of the 10...the others you accept as having to be kept...just not the Sabbath one despite it being the ONLY commandment asked to prayed that its keeping occured in the future...

The irony...

Do we get to choose which or how any of the other commandments are to be kept? Lol...

keypurr

Folks have been misled for centuries. They were taught fables and traditions that they can not discard. They will never see what God has put in his Bible.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Hey Squeaky when you fulfill the requirements for a recipe does that mean you destroy the list? You never need to make that item again?

Lol...as if we can kill steal fornicate...cuz well there's no law...no law no sin...

I know I know you only mean 1 of the 10...the others you accept as having to be kept...just not the Sabbath one despite it being the ONLY commandment asked to prayed that its keeping occured in the future...

The irony...

Do we get to choose which or how any of the other commandments are to be kept? Lol...

I said
lololol What in the world is wrong with you. we're not baking a cake here. We are discussing God almight and His Word.
Strongs dictionary is the best one on the market today. I give you the definition of the word fulfill. And you want to bake a cake. Your an idiot, and an anti Christ.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Folks have been misled for centuries. They were taught fables and traditions that they can not discard. They will never see what God has put in his Bible.

I said
And I show you exactly what the bible says and even define the words with a bible dictionary. And still you reject it. You two are the ones that are hung up with your own past traditions.

clefty

I said
lololol What in the world is wrong with you. we're not baking a cake here. We are discussing God almight and His Word.
Strongs dictionary is the best one on the market today. I give you the definition of the word fulfill. And you want to bake a cake. Your an idiot, and an anti Christ.

Doesn't have to be cake Squeaky...could be a good meat sauce recipe or Ham or something using Spam...you being all about the meat and stuff...

So once fulfilled you throw out the recipe? Never use it again?

keypurr

I said
And I show you exactly what the bible says and even define the words with a bible dictionary. And still you reject it. You two are the ones that are hung up with your own past traditions.
You have posted anything I have not read at least 50 times. I do not see the verses destroying the Sabbath of the Lord. Christ fulfilled the law, he taught the law and told us that the world will pass away before the law will.

I suggest you go back to the book and look again for the content of the teachings of the master.

clefty

I said

Past traditions? Hey newsflash Squeaky!! we are all headed to a place even Isaiah said we are going to worship the Almighty One from Sabbath to Sabbath...

So we are just trying to get you used to that count ok? You might want to practice how to live up there right here...

It is after all, our prayer His will be done on earth as it is in heaven...right?

No Sunday Ham up there buddy...brace yerself...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Doesn't have to be cake Squeaky...could be a good meat sauce recipe or Ham or something using Spam...you being all about the meat and stuff...

So once fulfilled you throw out the recipe? Never use it again?

I said
lololol You have something really wrong with you. The definition" accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire,

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You have posted anything I have not read at least 50 times. I do not see the verses destroying the Sabbath of the Lord. Christ fulfilled the law, he taught the law and told us that the world will pass away before the law will.

I suggest you go back to the book and look again for the content of the teachings of the master.

I said
Look at the definition of fulfill---- accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire,

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Past traditions? Hey newsflash Squeaky!! we are all headed to a place even Isaiah said we are going to worship the Almighty One from Sabbath to Sabbath...

So we are just trying to get you used to that count ok? You might want to practice how to live up there right here...

It is after all, our prayer His will be done on earth as it is in heaven...right?

No Sunday Ham up there buddy...brace yerself...

I said
Its about time you woke up. Sabbath to Sabbath is 7 days a week. That is esteeming every day alike.

Rom 14:4-6
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
(NKJ)

keypurr

I said
Look at the definition of fulfill---- accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire,

I find the Law complete and I execute it in my life.

Sin is transgression of his Law, the Sabbath is part of that law. Notice that it is listed before thou shall not murder, thou shall not steal, ect. Get the point Squeak. God considered the Sabbath more important than murder, stealing, adultry, etc.

Thou shall love the LORD thy God with all thy heart and love mankind also. Follow the traditions of men if you wish, I will follow my Lord and his God.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I find the Law complete and I execute it in my life.

Sin is transgression of his Law, the Sabbath is part of that law. Notice that it is listed before thou shall not murder, thou shall not steal, ect. Get the point Squeak. God considered the Sabbath more important than murder, stealing, adultry, etc.

Thou shall love the LORD thy God with all thy heart and love mankind also. Follow the traditions of men if you wish, I will follow my Lord and his God.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

I said
The law is important. The new law and the new commandments, and the new covenant. How can you be a part under the new priesthood if your hanging on to the old one.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

I have showed you revelations on the covenant, testament, law , old testament. showing you they have all been changed by Jesus. One cant worship Jesus the way the new testament says to if they don't believe what Jesus is teaching. Now what did Jesus say???

John 10:8
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

John 10:1-5

1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 "But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 "To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4 "And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
5 "Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
(NKJ)