Sabbath

keypurr

I said
The law is important. The new law and the new commandments, and the new covenant. How can you be a part under the new priesthood if your hanging on to the old one.

Heb 7:12
12For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

I have showed you revelations on the covenant, testament, law , old testament. showing you they have all been changed by Jesus. One cant worship Jesus the way the new testament says to if they don't believe what Jesus is teaching. Now what did Jesus say???

John 10:8
8"All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

John 10:1-5

1"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2"But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3"To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4"And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
5"Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
(NKJ)
The new covenant is based on the old one. We are to keep the laws in our hearts and minds. We are to believe that Christ has come in the flesh, and try not to sin. Christ went to the cross for us.

Christ kept the will of his Father and so are we expected too.

Christ is coming back for thoes who keep the commandments of God and the testamony of Jesus Christ.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The new covenant is based on the old one. We are to keep the laws in our hearts and minds. We are to believe that Christ has come in the flesh, and try not to sin. Christ went to the cross for us.

Christ kept the will of his Father and so are we expected too.

Christ is coming back for thoes who keep the commandments of God and the testamony of Jesus Christ.

I said
And what is the testimony of Jesus?

8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

John 10:9
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
(NKJ)

keypurr

The Law ended??

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Rom 2:15 Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

keypurr

Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

keypurr

Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

keypurr

Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

1Jo 2:3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jo 2:4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
1Jo 2:5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:
1Jo 2:6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
1Jo 2:7 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.[/B]

Enough said.

keypurr

Some more

Love is the fulfilling of the law.

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Rom 13:7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.
Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

clefty

I said
lololol You have something really wrong with you. The definition" accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire,

4137 pleroo (play-ro'-o);

from 4134; to make replete, i.e. (literally) to cram (a net), level up (a hollow), or (figuratively) to furnish (or imbue, diffuse, influence), satisfy, execute (an office), finish (a period or task), verify (or coincide with a prediction), etc.:

KJV-- accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire, fill (up), fulfil, (be, make) full (come), fully preach, perfect, supply.

Good...so you fulfilled the requirements necessary to make your cake according to the recipe...so now what?

Never again? Throw the fulfilled recipe away its list of what and how much of each and temperature to bake and other tips for good cake?

Unless you memorized it right? Put the recipe in your heart and mind...kinda like what God did when He said He would put His recipe for life into hearts and minds of all those that want it...notice it is His and not "I will put my Son's...into hearts and minds"

Change any ingredient and ya might have a cake but it ain't the same...ya dig?

clefty

I said
And what is the testimony of Jesus?

8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

John 10:9
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."

(NKJ)

That last line there Squeaky...the do what the Father wills part...you think the Father gave His Son contrary law something that counters His previous one? You really think the house is divided?

I have no problem with Him doing that but I imagine it would be more clear than that...

Also again...why when Jews are running around stirring up the people telling them that Paul is teaching Jesus changed the law...or Paul is speaking against the customs of Moses...why pray tell, does the author of the book of Acts call it FALSE WITNESS? As it that is EXACTLY NOT what was being preached or practiced?

If the law was changed then Jews accusing Paul teaching a changed law would not be a false witness...but true...

So why do you spread these Jewish myths and lies and slander and false witness?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Good...so you fulfilled the requirements necessary to make your cake according to the recipe...so now what?

Never again? Throw the fulfilled recipe away its list of what and how much of each and temperature to bake and other tips for good cake?

Unless you memorized it right? Put the recipe in your heart and mind...kinda like what God did when He said He would put His recipe for life into hearts and minds of all those that want it...notice it is His and not "I will put my Son's...into hearts and minds"

Change any ingredient and ya might have a cake but it ain't the same...ya dig?

I said
What is wrong with you?? Stop blaspheming the new testament.

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:17-19
17 For He testifies: "You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek."
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
(NKJ)

13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That last line there Squeaky...the do what the Father wills part...you think the Father gave His Son contrary law something that counters His previous one? You really think the house is divided?

I have no problem with Him doing that but I imagine it would be more clear than that...

Also again...why when Jews are running around stirring up the people telling them that Paul is teaching Jesus changed the law...or Paul is speaking against the customs of Moses...why pray tell, does the author of the book of Acts call it FALSE WITNESS? As it that is EXACTLY NOT what was being preached or practiced?

If the law was changed then Jews accusing Paul teaching a changed law would not be a false witness...but true...

So why do you spread these Jewish myths and lies and slander and false witness?

I said
You don't know nothing about what the bible really says.

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

17 For He testifies: "You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek."
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
(NKJ)

13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

1Jo 2:3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jo 2:4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
1Jo 2:5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:
1Jo 2:6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
1Jo 2:7 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.[/B]

Enough said.

I said

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

clefty

I said
You don't know nothing about what the bible really says.

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

The first full day in this new covenant was a Sabbath...HE KEPT IT...resting asleep in the tomb and His followers kept it as well, hurrying to pull Him off the cross and into the tomb and then to observe the Sabbath...and then waiting until after the Sabbath to properly bury Him...

No change of Law...Paul kept it, Peter even kosher laws...it is you making void His Law rather keeping man's traditions

After the covenant is signed and sealed NOTHING can be added to it...stop adding to it

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The first full day in this new covenant was a Sabbath...HE KEPT IT...resting asleep in the tomb and His followers kept it as well, hurrying to pull Him off the cross and into the tomb and then to observe the Sabbath...and then waiting until after the Sabbath to properly bury Him...

No change of Law...Paul kept it, Peter even kosher laws...it is you making void His Law rather keeping man's traditions

After the covenant is signed and sealed NOTHING can be added to it...stop adding to it

I said
lololo How can you have new until you get rid of the old ???

keypurr

I said

12For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

17For He testifies: "You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek."
18For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
(NKJ)

13In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)
How and where was the Law changed?
Only the manner in how it is to be kept was changed.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
How and where was the Law changed?
Only the manner in how it is to be kept was changed.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

I said
Are you kidding????? All through the new testament.

Matt 5:20-45
20 "For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
21 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder,' and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.
22 "But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
23 "Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,
24 "leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
25 "Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you are thrown into prison.
26 "Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.
27 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.'
28 "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
29 "If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
30 "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
31 "Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.'
32 "But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.
33 "Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.'
34 "But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne;
35 "nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.
36 "Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black.
37 "But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.
38 "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
41 "And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
42 "Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
45 "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
(NKJ)

keypurr

I said
Are you kidding????? All through the new testament.

Matt 5:20-45
20"For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
21"You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder,' and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.
22"But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
23"Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,
24"leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
25"Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you are thrown into prison.
26"Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.
27"You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.'
28"But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
29"If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
30"And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
31"Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.'
32"But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.
33"Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.'
34"But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne;
35"nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.
36"Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black.
37"But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.
38"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
39"But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40"If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
41"And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
42"Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
43"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44"But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
45"that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
(NKJ)

The TEN were never changed, the hand written laws were done away with. The 600 + were hung on the cross. The veil in the temple was destroyed. The Holy place was exposed to the people. But the TEN were never changed or destroyed.

Christ magnified the content of the TEN. So did the Apostles.

Christ is more than our Lord, he is our high priest. It was his blood that covered the Alter for you and me. He taught us how to love even when we did not get love back. That is what the TEN are all about.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The TEN were never changed, the hand written laws were done away with. The 600 + were hung on the cross. The veil in the temple was destroyed. The Holy place was exposed to the people. But the TEN were never changed or destroyed.

Christ magnified the content of the TEN. So did the Apostles.

Christ is more than our Lord, he is our high priest. It was his blood that covered the Alter for you and me. He taught us how to love even when we did not get love back. That is what the TEN are all about.

I said
Your no listening. I have never claimed that the ten were destroyed. If you will look they are in the new testament. Anything that is written in the new testament is part of the new testament no matter where it came from. But as you can see Jesus changed the law. And nine of the ten He took even deeper. But the Sabbath is an option. The Sabbath is good. But don't make it a law. Jesus didn't.

keypurr

I said
Your no listening. I have never claimed that the ten were destroyed. If you will look they are in the new testament. Anything that is written in the new testament is part of the new testament no matter where it came from. But as you can see Jesus changed the law. And nine of the ten He took even deeper. But the Sabbath is an option. The Sabbath is good. But don't make it a law. Jesus didn't.

No, Jesus did not change the law, he taught it.

Sorry friend but I disagree.
He only changed the way folks were to keep the law.
It needs to be kept in the spirit from the heart and mind.
Not as a choir to be done for salvation.