Sabbath

keypurr

I said
Of course not. I have met others that receive them. We have traded them. But remember just because you haven't doesn't mean nobody has else has.
Christ has been revealed to me for many years friend. For over sixty years I have studied and considered the Sabbath issue. I choose to try not to sin because I do not wish to offend the God I love.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Christ has been revealed to me for many years friend. For over sixty years I have studied and considered the Sabbath issue. I choose to try not to sin because I do not wish to offend the God I love.

I said
You have that right. The same as I have the right to not do it.

Rom 14:5-6
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
You have that right. The same as I have the right to not do it.

Rom 14:5-6
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
(NKJ)

The right to be wrong is yours...

This text in Romans is about fasting and diet not the choice of day of worship...

http://www.sabbathintersections.com/romans145.shtml

Don't add to the Word...

clefty

I like to say I dont keep the Sabbath...it keeps me...closer to my savior creator

His Laws I delight in as I don't wish to be saved...I am grateful I can be and already am...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The right to be wrong is yours...

This text in Romans is about fasting and diet not the choice of day of worship...

Don't add to the Word...

I said
ROFLOL Did you read the article you posted. Its saying the same thing that I have been saying. Your not very good at this causing confusion thing are you. You really messed this one up. Well its back to "Hecklers Are Us" for you.

weekly Sabbath.5
##every day alike
##"Alike" has been added by translators. It does not appear in the original Greek. Thus the comparison Paul sets up reads, more literally, like this: "One man judges (esteems) a day above a day, another judges (esteems) every day." With insight provided by verse six, we could put it this way: "One man observes one day (for the Lord), while another man observes every day (for the Lord)."
##Anglican theologian Handley C. G. Moule seems to agree with that. He comments, "It describes the thought of the man who, less anxious than his neighbor about stated ‘holy days,’ still aims not to ‘level down’ but to ‘level up’ his use of time; to count every day ‘holy,’ equally dedicated to the will and work of God."6

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I like to say I dont keep the Sabbath...it keeps me...closer to my savior creator

His Laws I delight in as I don't wish to be saved...I am grateful I can be and already am...

I said
ROFLOL You need to learn a little more before you go after someone.

clefty

I said
ROFLOL Did you read the article you posted. Its saying the same thing that I have been saying. Your not very good at this causing confusion thing are you. You really messed this one up. Well its back to "Hecklers Are Us" for you.

weekly Sabbath.5
##every day alike
##"Alike" has been added by translators. It does not appear in the original Greek. Thus the comparison Paul sets up reads, more literally, like this: "One man judges (esteems) a day above a day, another judges (esteems) every day." With insight provided by verse six, we could put it this way: "One man observes one day (for the Lord), while another man observes every day (for the Lord)."
##Anglican theologian Handley C. G. Moule seems to agree with that. He comments, "It describes the thought of the man who, less anxious than his neighbor about stated ‘holy days,’ still aims not to ‘level down’ but to ‘level up’ his use of time; to count every day ‘holy,’ equally dedicated to the will and work of God."6

No surprise you miss the gist of things...

"Some people assume that verse 5 is talking about the Sabbath and come up with something like this: "One man observes the Sabbath once a week (on the seventh day, of course) while another man observes every day as the Sabbath." But as the verse continues it becomes clear that Paul is not talking about the Sabbath."

You misuse the part of the article which builds the case and avoid the part it destroys the case...

"This automatically eliminates from consideration all points of doctrine that are indisputable because they are based on divine injunction or on other authoritative teachings from the Word of God. So observance of the Sabbath cannot be at issue in Romans 14. After all, the Sabbath "was enshrined among the eternal sanctities of the Decalogue, uttered…amidst the terrors of Sinai."

You are entertaining though...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No surprise you miss the gist of things...

"Some people assume that verse 5 is talking about the Sabbath and come up with something like this: "One man observes the Sabbath once a week (on the seventh day, of course) while another man observes every day as the Sabbath." But as the verse continues it becomes clear that Paul is not talking about the Sabbath."

You misuse the part of the article which builds the case and avoid the part it destroys the case...

"This automatically eliminates from consideration all points of doctrine that are indisputable because they are based on divine injunction or on other authoritative teachings from the Word of God. So observance of the Sabbath cannot be at issue in Romans 14. After all, the Sabbath "was enshrined among the eternal sanctities of the Decalogue, uttered…amidst the terrors of Sinai."

You are entertaining though...

I said
lolol You really don't listen. Your trying to justify the Sabbath using the old testament. That means you don't have the right God or the right Jesus. That makes you one of the deceivers that doesn't abide in the new testament. That makes you a muslim.

II Jn 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
lolol You really don't listen. Your trying to justify the Sabbath using the old testament. That means you don't have the right God or the right Jesus. That makes you one of the deceivers that doesn't abide in the new testament. That makes you a muslim.

7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
(NKJ)

Uh oh...squeaky is playing pope again...pray the Sabbath can be kept in this time of trouble...

Sabbath to be prayed for instructed in the NT btw...

keypurr

Amen, I understand and agree. I love the God who gave the law. It is my desire to show him my devotion and respect as the creator of all. No one can earn salvation, the law will not save any one. But I do look forward to serving him in the world to come.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

clefty

I said

(NKJ)

The deceptions away from His way...the doctrine of Christ...is exemplified by the change from Sabbath to Sunday and is being warned of right here in this passage...

not the restoration back to His way...

It is all too clear...the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son...

Sunday Ham has nothing of the Father and the Son would never divide His house...

Peter makes clear that some even after coming into the knowlege of the commandment return to former ways like dogs to vomit...

Paul and Peter both warn of deceivers that would distort and twist scripture to say things like choosing which day to fast is actually supposed to mean a release of a immutable Law and centuries old custom...

Imagine if all the martyrs had the luxury to choose and compromise how and when they followed Him...they were willing to die refusing to change a jot or tittle or compromise with any wolf in sheeps clothing that said..."it's ok the law is no longer binding as He kept it already for us...or changed it to any day or everyday is ok...or it never was meant for us"

Rubbish...your another gospel preaches another Christ...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The deceptions away from His way...the doctrine of Christ...is exemplified by the change from Sabbath to Sunday and is being warned of right here in this passage...

not the restoration back to His way...

It is all too clear...the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son...

Sunday Ham has nothing of the Father and the Son would never divide His house...

Peter makes clear that some even after coming into the knowlege of the commandment return to former ways like dogs to vomit...

Paul and Peter both warn of deceivers that would distort and twist scripture to say things like choosing which day to fast is actually supposed to mean a release of a immutable Law and centuries old custom...

Imagine if all the martyrs had the luxury to choose and compromise how and when they followed Him...they were willing to die refusing to change a jot or tittle or compromise with any wolf in sheeps clothing that said..."it's ok the law is no longer binding as He kept it already for us...or changed it...or it never was meant for us"

Rubbish...your another gospel preaches another Christ...

I said
lolo Your mouth is out running your brain. You should slow down your going to have a stroke with all that deception.
lol but when you say "right here is this passage" And you don't give the passage.

clefty

I said
lolo Your mouth is out running your brain. You should slow down your going to have a stroke with all that deception.
lol but when you say "right here is this passage" And you don't give the passage.

Here you are...

(NKJ

sorry...I forget who I am dealing with...

clefty

Amen, I understand and agree. I love the God who gave the law. It is my desire to show him my devotion and respect as the creator of all. No one can earn salvation, the law will not save any one. But I do look forward to serving him in the world to come.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Serving Him...

Yes thanks for bringing that up...

we often forget His yoke...maybe because it is easy and His burden is light but we are indeed to serve...we are but slaves bought with a price...

"So you also, when you have done everything commanded of you, should say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty..."

Our duty of "Keeping the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus"