Sabbath

Ben Masada

Maybe I don't prefer to act as an apostle, maybe I'm more of a "let the heretics and pagans make their own bed" kind. Ever thought of that :idunno:
If Christians spent more time on what is meaningful instead of wasting their breath on such people, Christianity would be back on top- but instead, they labor under those as yourself who take pride in being against Christianity and revere every moment it suffers.
I think Hell is all but predestined for many :wave2:

For many! For all of us if you ask me. If you take a time to read the gospel of Jesus which was the Tanach, hell is spoken of more than several times but hell which in Hebrew means Sheol aka the grave. The eternal home of us all if you read Psalms 49:12,20.

Ben Masada

Talking to Christ denying Jews is as much a waste of time as talking to anti-theist liberals about God.

I don't deny Jesus. The difference between us is that I take him for what he really was and not for what he was made to be by the writers of the NT. At least have the decency to relate to Jesus as a Jew and not as a Christian. The Christian was Paul, not Jesus. (Acts 11:26)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Paul was a self-claimer apostle of the Gentiles. The truth though is that he never went to the Gentiles. All his life was in the synagogues of the Jews, especially of the Nazarene kind. He would act like the cuckoo bird that would lay its eggs on their nests with the purpose to take possession of them. So, all his life, Paul never left the Jews in peace since his first station in Damascus and until his last in Rome. (Acts 9:1,2; 28:17) Now, if you read Acts 15:7, Peter was the one assigned as the apostle of the Gentiles. Hence, many converted to Judaism through the Sect of the Nazarenes.

I said
That is a very poor portrayal of Paul. Paul was the most righteous person in the new testament besides Jesus.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yup.

A text that had become increasingly important for me is

"But pray that your flight may not be on a Sabbath". Matt 24:20

It is argued so often that He changed it to Sunday by His resurrection, allegedly on Sunday...

But here we see He clearly intended for Sabbath keeping to remain long after His death resurrection and return to Heaven...

Lol...In fact, its being remembered and kept Holy was more more important to Him than our well being...He did not say pray that you are ok on the Sabbath as you are running for your lives...or that you even survive...

I still often hear "what would Jesus do?" Certainly not eat Sunday Ham...

Made in His image means beyond appearance but includes our action and works match His...live and Love JUST AS He did

I said
Your not even a Christian why do you make such a big deal about the Sabbath. It is only a shadow of what is important.

Col 2:15-17
15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I don't deny Jesus. The difference between us is that I take him for what he really was and not for what he was made to be by the writers of the NT. At least have the decency to relate to Jesus as a Jew and not as a Christian. The Christian was Paul, not Jesus. (Acts 11:26)

I said
Don't forget Jesus came to you first and you rejected Him. And with all that He has done, your not going to be able to discredit Him now.

clefty

I said
Your not even a Christian why do you make such a big deal about the Sabbath. It is only a shadow of what is important.

Col 2:15-17
15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
(NKJ)

Yup...still is a shadow pointing to the good things to come...

HalleluYah

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yup...still is a shadow pointing to the good things to come...

HalleluYah

I said
lolo Still curious as to what you are. If your a heckler you need to go back to school at Hecklers Are Us.
If your an antaginizer you need to learn about the bible. Do you worship cows, or animals??

clefty

I said
lolo Still curious as to what you are. If your a heckler you need to go back to school at Hecklers Are Us.
If your an antaginizer you need to learn about the bible. Do you worship cows, or animals??

hope you read scripture better than my posts...

I am here to discuss Sabbath and you claim it's any day one chooses as long as one is convinced and then base it on a text about eating or fasting and on which day...

And now you attack the messenger cuz ya can't refute...

clefty

The reason for the changed day of the Sabbath was to align it to Easter and Christ's victory.
Christianity is fundamentally apocalyptic, which is something that isn't nearly as kept in mind as it historically was- it is the reason why Christianity in the earlier ages seems darker than the big peace train it resembles now. Nonetheless, Saturday Sabbath is a practice for those who celebrate Creation, and who do not have an apocalyptic view.

Interesting but:

“From this we may understand how great is the authority of the church in interpreting or explaining to us the commandments of God - an authority which is acknowledged by the universal practice of the whole Christian world, even of those sects which profess to take the holy Scriptures as their sole rule of faith, since they observe as the day of rest not the seventh day of the week demanded by the Bible, but the first day. Which we know is to be kept holy, only from the tradition and teaching of the Catholic church.” Henry Gibson, Catechism Made Easy, #2, 9th edition, vol. 1, p. 341-342.

http://www.godssabbathtruth.com/catholicchurchchangedsabbathsunday.html

That the church is a peace train is a result of the attempt to get everyone on board thus making "the Way" of the NT less Jewish and more palatable to pagans...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I am here to discuss Sabbath and you claim it's any day one chooses as long as one is convinced and then base it on a text about eating or fasting and on which day...

I said
lolol don't flatter yourself. And your gross exaggerations and lies. I have never said (but you keep claiming it) that anyone can pick any day they want. I have NEVER said that. Why do you keep lieing about that?
You believe in a one day worship on a Sabbath. I believe in a 7 day worship.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
If that is really what your here for go start your own thread and title it the Sabbath. And you can lie to them over there.

clefty

I said
lolol don't flatter yourself. And your gross exaggerations and lies. I have never said (but you keep claiming it) that anyone can pick any day they want. I have NEVER said that. Why do you keep lieing about that?
You believe in a one day worship on a Sabbath. I believe in a 7 day worship.

There is a positive in the command and a negative...

Work six days...rest the seventh...

You are desiring to equate what was made separate sanctified and made holy to every other day?

That is idolatry...ascribing to things unholy that which is reserved for things made Holy by Him...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There is a positive in the command and a negative...

Work six days...rest the seventh...

You are desiring to equate what was made separate sanctified and made holy to every other day?

That is idolatry...ascribing to things unholy that which is reserved for things made Holy by Him...

I said
Really what are you? muslim?

clefty

I said
Really what are you? muslim?

Asked and answered...read past threads...Regret you are so preoccupied with me and not the message...

Please focus...

Where is it added that we can choose to worship any other day or all days? And make unholy that which is made holy? And make holy that which is not?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Asked and answered...read past threads...Regret you are so preoccupied with me and not the message...

Please focus...

Where is it added that we can choose to worship any other day or all days? And make unholy that which is made holy? And make holy that which is not?

I said
No you haven't answered any of my questions. lololol Where does it say we don't have to keep the Sabbath?
You keep asking that and I keep showing you. Read the OP I posted that just for you. Go read it, or have you already forgotten it.

keypurr

I am with you, to many folks disregard God's commandments abut the Sabbath. God did not say pick any day you wish, he said the seventh day. The Law is to be kept out of love to our creator, the God who sent his son to die as a man. The Apostles kept the SABBATH, not the first day of the week.

keypurr

I said
No you haven't answered any of my questions. lololol Where does it say we don't have to keep the Sabbath?
You keep asking that and I keep showing you. Read the OP I posted that just for you. Go read it, or have you already forgotten it.

Did not Jesus promote the ten? Did he not say to break one is to break them all. The RCC changed the day in the fourth century. What gall they had to try to overstep the creator to appease the pagans.

keypurr

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

keypurr

The Law ended??

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Rom 2:15 Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Rom 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
Rom 4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven: and the ark of his testament was seen in his temple. And there were lightnings and voices and an earthquake and great hail.

clefty

I am with you, to many folks disregard God's commandments abut the Sabbath. God did not say pick any day you wish, he said the seventh day. The Law is to be kept out of love to our creator, the God who sent his son to die as a man. The Apostles kept the SABBATH, not the first day of the week.

Yes out of love exactly...we know exactly what He wishes from us...what grace what mercy...now we can remember what pleases Him...

Even in "secular" relationships we wish to do, to show, to prove, to share, when we are in love...and when something is asked of it we want to do it completely...

If my date says pizza at 8 on Tuesday...I will not show up for shrimp at 6 on Friday...how ridiculous

Or in some cases here pizza everyday at 8...lol

Being in LOVE makes us want to do this because we are saved and out of gratitude for what was done for us...it is not works in order to become saved...

To think Sabbath was given even before the fall shows how we were to be in His image...do AS He did...