Sabbath

clefty

Isn't that what your trying to do? Your trying to dictate what the Sabbath is to me. When Jesus Himself has set me apart from the Sabbath. To minister to those outside the church.

Mark 2:27-28
27 And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
28 "Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
(NKJ)

Rom 14:4-7
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
(NKJ)

First text upholds seventh day sabbath

And the second is about fasting...

So it remains as per scripture not your private choice of believing you can do whatever...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
First text upholds seventh day sabbath

And the second is about fasting...

So it remains as per scripture not your private choice of believing you can do whatever...

I said
lol You are arrogant. Your trying to dictate to me your private interpretation. Just read the revelation in ECT on Peter and Paul.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
LOL?..Jesus said what?

Please don't make Him a liar too...

I said
You have turned into a very bitter person. If your not defiled yet you soon will be.

Heb 12:15
15 looking diligently lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
You have turned into a very bitter person. If your not defiled yet you soon will be.

Heb 12:15
15 looking diligently lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;
(NKJ)

Just show me where you think it's according to Jesus that you can chose however you wish to serve him as long as it is with full conviction...

keypurr

Silly Jews trying dictate and define what the Sabbath is or is not...sound familiar?

Luckily the Sabbath was defended affirmed upheld and cleansed of their adding to it and the Word...by the Lord of the Sabbath Himself...

Your right, Christ taught the Sabbath, and how to keep it.
How can anyone love God and not keep his Sabbath to honor him? To love him is to keep his commandments in your hearts and live by the spirit in them. God is the creator and commanded us to rest on HIS day.

Is Christ not returning for those who keep the commandments of God and the testimony of his son Christ?

keypurr

1Jo 2:3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jo 2:4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
1Jo 2:5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:
1Jo 2:6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
1Jo 2:7 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The reason for the changed day of the Sabbath was to align it to Easter and Christ's victory.
Christianity is fundamentally apocalyptic, which is something that isn't nearly as kept in mind as it historically was- it is the reason why Christianity in the earlier ages seems darker than the big peace train it resembles now. Nonetheless, Saturday Sabbath is a practice for those who celebrate Creation, and who do not have an apocalyptic view.

Ben Masada

The reason for the changed day of the Sabbath was to align it to Easter and Christ's victory.
Christianity is fundamentally apocalyptic, which is something that isn't nearly as kept in mind as it historically was- it is the reason why Christianity in the earlier ages seems darker than the big peace train it resembles now. Nonetheless, Saturday Sabbath is a practice for those who celebrate Creation, and who do not have an apocalyptic view.

"Christ victory!" Would you tell us in what sense did Jesus achieve victory and over what?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Just show me where you think it's according to Jesus that you can chose however you wish to serve him as long as it is with full conviction...

I said
For some reason the Holy Spirit tells me that your one of the dogs. And to not cast my pearls before swine and dogs.

Matt 7:6
6 "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
(NKJ)

So I went and read your profile. Your not even a Christain. Your either Jew or muslim.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Paul went to the Gentiles Outside the church, and Peter went to the Jews Inside The Church

Gal 2:7-10
7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter
8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.
10 They desired only that we should remember the poor, the very thing which I also was eager to do.
1 Cor 9:19-22
19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more;
20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law;
21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law;
22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
Matt 19:3-8
3 The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?"
4 And He answered and said to them, "Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning 'made them male and female,'
5 "and said, 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'?
6 "So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate."
7 They said to Him, "Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?"
8 He said to them, "Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.
Gal 1:15-19
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called me through His grace,
16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood,
17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days.
19 But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord's brother.
Acts 15:23-36
23 They wrote this letter by them: The apostles, the elders, and the brethren, To the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia: Greetings.
24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, 'You must be circumcised and keep the law'-- to whom we gave no such commandment--
25 it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth.
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things:
29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.
30 So when they were sent off, they came to Antioch; and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the letter.
31 When they had read it, they rejoiced over its encouragement.
32 Now Judas and Silas, themselves being prophets also, exhorted and strengthened the brethren with many words.
33 And after they had stayed there for a time, they were sent back with greetings from the brethren to the apostles.
34 However, it seemed good to Silas to remain there.
35 Paul and Barnabas also remained in Antioch, teaching and preaching the word of the Lord, with many others also.
36 Then after some days Paul said to Barnabas, "Let us now go back and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they are doing."
1 Cor 3:1-15
1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ.
2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?
4 For when one says, "I am of Paul," and another, "I am of Apollos," are you not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, you are God's building.
10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
13 each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is.
14 If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.
15 If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
Titus 2:1-13
1 But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine:
2 that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience;
3 the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things--
4 that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.
6 Likewise exhort the young men to be sober-minded,
7 in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility,
8 sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you.
9 Exhort bondservants to be obedient to their own masters, to be well pleasing in all things, not answering back,
10 not pilfering, but showing all good fidelity, that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things.
11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
(NKJ)

XXX As you can see Paul was sent to the Gentiles and Peter was sent to the Jews. And anyone that is born again knows why, you dont teach everyone the same way. Just like you dont teach women the way you would men, or servants the way you would elders. Or even children the way you would grown ups. Paul taught the Gentiles to be baptized and believe outside the church. Peter taught the Jews to repent and be baptized inside the established church.

Ben Masada

Paul went to the Gentiles Outside the church, and Peter went to the Jews Inside The Church. As you can see Paul was sent to the Gentiles and Peter was sent to the Jews. And anyone that is born again knows why, you dont teach everyone the same way. Just like you dont teach women the way you would men, or servants the way you would elders. Or even children the way you would grown ups. Paul taught the Gentiles to be baptized and believe outside the church. Peter taught the Jews to repent and be baptized inside the established church.

Paul was a self-claimer apostle of the Gentiles. The truth though is that he never went to the Gentiles. All his life was in the synagogues of the Jews, especially of the Nazarene kind. He would act like the cuckoo bird that would lay its eggs on their nests with the purpose to take possession of them. So, all his life, Paul never left the Jews in peace since his first station in Damascus and until his last in Rome. (Acts 9:1,2; 28:17) Now, if you read Acts 15:7, Peter was the one assigned as the apostle of the Gentiles. Hence, many converted to Judaism through the Sect of the Nazarenes.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Are you sure! Perhaps you don't have what it takes to act as an apostle.

Maybe I don't prefer to act as an apostle, maybe I'm more of a "let the heretics and pagans make their own bed" kind. Ever thought of that :idunno:
If Christians spent more time on what is meaningful instead of wasting their breath on such people, Christianity would be back on top- but instead, they labor under those as yourself who take pride in being against Christianity and revere every moment it suffers.
I think Hell is all but predestined for many :wave2:

clefty

1Jo 2:3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jo 2:4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
1Jo 2:5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:
1Jo 2:6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
1Jo 2:7 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.

Yup.

A text that had become increasingly important for me is

"But pray that your flight may not be on a Sabbath". Matt 24:20

It is argued so often that He changed it to Sunday by His resurrection, allegedly on Sunday...

But here we see He clearly intended for Sabbath keeping to remain long after His death resurrection and return to Heaven...

Lol...In fact, its being remembered and kept Holy was more more important to Him than our well being...He did not say pray that you are ok on the Sabbath as you are running for your lives...or that you even survive...

I still often hear "what would Jesus do?" Certainly not eat Sunday Ham...

Made in His image means beyond appearance but includes our action and works match His...live and Love JUST AS He did