Sabbath

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You side with the Pharisees time and time again...

Now here in their accusations that He broke the Sabbath...when what He broke is their definition of the Sabbath and additions to it...restoring it to its original purpose...healing rest refreshment with Him

Elsewhere you side with the Pharisees and their false witnesses that claimed the apostles taught there was a change...

Ahhh but you don't side with one Pharisee when he said it was a day of fasting you could choose...you insist he meant the Sabbath day...

But yes He did say He is Lord of the Sabbath...
Why would He wish to destroy what gave Him that authority?

Think about it squeaky...does the Lord of London wish to destroy London? The lord of the rings his rings?

Lol...

I said
You condemn yourself, in your judgment of others. You are a Pharisee. What you accuse me of it what you do.

Rom 2:1
1 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
(NKJ)

Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath and He can break it if He so desires. And the Sabbath didn't give Jesus His authority, God the Father did.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No, he did not break the Sabbath, he broke the Jews understanding on how to keep the Sabbath.

My thoughts on the Ten and the Sabbath come not from any poster on TOL, they come from years of study on the subject. I never realized that the Sabbath was not Sunday until I was about twenty. That is when I questioned everything I had be taught in Sunday school.

That was when my eyes were opened and I started discarding the traditions of the church. That was back around 1955.

You cling to the verse that says you can worship any day, I stay with what God has set aside as his day of rest. Most churches do not preach the Ten, they cut down the wording and in effect change the meaning. The RCC early fathers did a great job at distortion.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

I said
Jesus did break the understanding of the Sabbath. And He let people know that the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath. The Sabbath is a holy day. And I think it is a great day for those in the milk understanding to have a place of worship. But it isn't a day or place that should come before Jesus and what He says.

Mark 2:27-28
27 And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
28 "Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
(NKJ)

Mark 3:1-6
1 And He entered the synagogue again, and a man was there who had a withered hand.
2 So they watched Him closely, whether He would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse Him.
3 And He said to the man who had the withered hand, "Step forward."
4 Then He said to them, "Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?" But they kept silent.
5 And when He had looked around at them with anger, being grieved by the hardness of their hearts, He said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." And he stretched it out, and his hand was restored as whole as the other.
6 Then the Pharisees went out and immediately plotted with the Herodians against Him, how they might destroy Him.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeak, I can not tell you enough about getting the Aramaic English New Testament or AENT. The note are the best I have ever seen. The paperback is only Forty dollars. You can get it on line at

www.aent.org

It is a great translation from the early Eastern church. It is worth your time to compare this with all the Greek to English translations. The Greek just can not help but distort some of the verses. The notes, again, are the best I have seen to learn about the Hebrew culture and get a better understanding of the Jewish religion. Get the AENT, you will be glad you did.

I said
I don't think you understand. The Lord led me to the bible I use. The Holy Spirit led me into crucifying my emotions and bringing every thought in my mind to the obedience of Christ. And Jesus gave me all these revelations of His from the bible I believe.
And for you to even suggest that I look somewhere else for truth is heresy.
You know common sense tells me that if you don't receive these kinds of revelations yet its because you don't have faith in your bible you read. So you are always looking somewhere else.

Last edited:

clefty

I said
You condemn yourself, in your judgment of others. You are a Pharisee. What you accuse me of it what you do.

Rom 2:1
1 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
(NKJ)

Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath and He can break it if He so desires. And the Sabbath didn't give Jesus His authority, God the Father did.

What? He can break His Father's Law if He desires? That is sin...why would He ever desire to do that?

"Not my Will but thine" and that was to die...He kept it...why would He then desire to break the Sabbath a day of rest?

Squeaky what are you saying? Think NOT He came to destroy...

Of course His Father gave Him authority He came in His Fathers name...but believers believe that as true...

He said He is ALSO Lord of the Sabbath...that "also" indicates that Sabbath is merely part of what gives Him authority but as with the first statement you have to believe in Him that He was Lord Creator...so if you believe Him that He is sent from above you must also now believe He is Creator...another function of His divinity...

But for non believers what establishes His authority?

And so the Pharisees insisted that point

23Jesus entered the temple courts, and, while he was teaching, the chief priests and the elders of the people came to him. “By what authority are you doing these things?” they asked. “And who gave you this authority?”

24Jesus replied, “I will also ask you one question. If you answer me, I will tell you by what authority I am doing these things. 25John’s baptism—where did it come from? Was it from heaven, or of human origin?”

They discussed it among themselves and said, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ he will ask, ‘Then why didn’t you believe him?’ 26But if we say, ‘Of human origin’—we are afraid of the people, for they all hold that John was a prophet.

27So they answered Jesus, “We don’t know.”

See? He didn't answer them with an answer they already denied...but He riddled them an answer they could NOT deny.

Authority comes by way of the people who believe...and what they do and which law they keep is their testimony of Who they worship...the Son's testimony was keeping His Father's Law as an example for His People to also testify by their lives and living that He indeed is God Creator Lord of the Sabbath...

Choose ye this day whom ye will serve...Him His way or some 9/10 version of it...rejecting Him their Creator...adding to His word a compromise He never did...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What? He can break His Father's Law if He desires? That is sin...why would He ever desire to do that?

"Not my Will but thine" and that was to die...He kept it...why would He then desire to break the Sabbath a day of rest?

Squeaky what are you saying? Think NOT He came to destroy...

Of course His Father gave Him authority He came in His Fathers name...but believers believe that as true...

He said He is ALSO Lord of the Sabbath...that "also" indicates that Sabbath is merely part of what gives Him authority but as with the first statement you have to believe in Him that He was Lord Creator...so if you believe Him that He is sent from above you must also now believe He is Creator...another function of His divinity...

But for non believers what establishes His authority?

And so the Pharisees insisted that point

23Jesus entered the temple courts, and, while he was teaching, the chief priests and the elders of the people came to him. “By what authority are you doing these things?” they asked. “And who gave you this authority?”

24Jesus replied, “I will also ask you one question. If you answer me, I will tell you by what authority I am doing these things. 25John’s baptism—where did it come from? Was it from heaven, or of human origin?”

They discussed it among themselves and said, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ he will ask, ‘Then why didn’t you believe him?’ 26But if we say, ‘Of human origin’—we are afraid of the people, for they all hold that John was a prophet.

27So they answered Jesus, “We don’t know.”

See? He didn't answer them with an answer they already denied...but He riddled them an answer they could NOT deny.

Authority comes by way of the people who believe...and what they do and which law they keep is their testimony of Who they worship...the Son's testimony was keeping His Father's Law as an example for His People to also testify by their lives and living that He indeed is God Creator Lord of the Sabbath...

Choose ye this day whom ye will serve...Him His way or some 9/10 version of it...rejecting Him their Creator...adding to His word a compromise He never did...

I said
You have all these bits and pieces. But you don't have the truth. You cant quite make it work according to scripture. Like the Sabbath. The Sabbath doesn't give anyone any authority. All authority is from God the Father. You twist and pervert the gospel. You are on a self condemning course.Your either in the milk understanding and you have to much pride and self confidence. Or your a muslim trying to cause confusion.
Either way your not knowledgeable enough to make any claims on right and wrong about scripture.

keypurr

I said
I don't think you understand. The Lord led me to the bible I use. The Holy Spirit led me into crucifying my emotions and bringing every thought in my mind to the obedience of Christ. And Jesus gave me all these revelations of His from the bible I believe.
And for you to even suggest that I look somewhere else for truth is heresy.
You know common sense tells me that if you don't receive these kinds of revelations yet its because you don't have faith in your bible you read. So you are always looking somewhere else.

I have faith in the 30+ translations I read. But some are better than others. You have put yourself in a box Squeak. Information comes from more than one source. You not the only one who has received revelations from the spirit. If you do not wish to ponder deep into what is available that is your choice. But the Greek can be misleading in some places. The AENT is a great Christian Bible, you will learn more in that than in the others. The early church tried to take the Hebrew culture out of the Christian faith. Even the Roman Emperor was on their side to force people to think the Laws of God were not to be kept. Your common sense needs a tune up friend. But I love you as a brother anyway.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I have faith in the 30+ translations I read. But some are better than others. You have put yourself in a box Squeak. Information comes from more than one source. You not the only one who has received revelations from the spirit. If you do not wish to ponder deep into what is available that is your choice. But the Greek can be misleading in some places. The AENT is a great Christian Bible, you will learn more in that than in the others. The early church tried to take the Hebrew culture out of the Christian faith. Even the Roman Emperor was on their side to force people to think the Laws of God were not to be kept. Your common sense needs a tune up friend. But I love you as a brother anyway.

I said
Look friend. Your asking me to set aside 25 years of receiving over 2000 revelations from Jesus. When they have all proven to be perfect when applied. It wouldn't make any difference what some other bible says, or what some other person says. There is no way I could allow doubt to enter in my mind about the experiances I have already had with the Holy Spirit. Three years of the milk understanding, eleven years of the meat understanding. And 25 years of revelations. Nothing on earth could get me to waiver.

keypurr

I said
Look friend. Your asking me to set aside 25 years of receiving over 2000 revelations from Jesus. When they have all proven to be perfect when applied. It wouldn't make any difference what some other bible says, or what some other person says. There is no way I could allow doubt to enter in my mind about the experiances I have already had with the Holy Spirit. Three years of the milk understanding, eleven years of the meat understanding. And 25 years of revelations. Nothing on earth could get me to waiver.

Oh my, you must really be special. I can not compete with 2000 revelations but I got over seventy years of prayer led Bible study. Does that count for anything? My mind is always open, yours is not right now. God is not through with me yet as I am still learning. I am not trying to waiver you Squeak, just show you when there is more info for you. Take it or leave it is your choice but I found them helpfull.

Peace be with you Squeak.

clefty

I said
You have all these bits and pieces. But you don't have the truth. You cant quite make it work according to scripture. Like the Sabbath. The Sabbath doesn't give anyone any authority. All authority is from God the Father. You twist and pervert the gospel. You are on a self condemning course.Your either in the milk understanding and you have to much pride and self confidence. Or your a muslim trying to cause confusion.
Either way your not knowledgeable enough to make any claims on right and wrong about scripture.

You really have a problem understanding how authority works...

It is Yah He creates the world at creation and rests...His son comes in His authority and says and does exactly what His Father tells Him...including "I am Lord of the Sabbath..."

He is...He was there in the making of it...it's MY SABBATHS...so naturally if you want to be with HIM you respect His stuff His rules His jurisdiction...as His Son did...you know the One Who was before Abraham and at creation when "Let Us make man" did...then rested...

Sabbath indeed gives Him authority just like any Law or Thing Owned authorizes the author or owner...duh

Other gods were claimed to have made heaven and earth, to move the wind, to war, to bring good or evil, but only one God provided a Sabbath day REST...that is the significance of Yah...His distinguishing feature...sets Him apart from all the other gods so to speak...He gave a special day to prove all creation is His...and that He is lord not only of the Sabbath but of all...

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Oh my, you must really be special. I can not compete with 2000 revelations but I got over seventy years of prayer led Bible study. Does that count for anything? My mind is always open, yours is not right now. God is not through with me yet as I am still learning. I am not trying to waiver you Squeak, just show you when there is more info for you. Take it or leave it is your choice but I found them helpfull.

Peace be with you Squeak.

I said
Look brother, we all have to look where ever until we are content. I am totally content with what I have. I followed all the rules of believing. According to the Word. I don't think beyond what is written, and I don't add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
Look brother, we all have to look where ever until we are content. I am totally content with what I have. I followed all the rules of believing. According to the Word. I don't think beyond what is written, and I don't add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

You add everyday any day Sabbath abusing Romans 14 which is about fasting and not getting to choose an anyday Sabbath...

STOP with your false witnessing of yourself, scripture, and me if you can...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You add everyday any day Sabbath abusing Romans 14 which is about fasting and not getting to choose an anyday Sabbath...

STOP with your false witnessing of yourself, scripture, and me if you can...

I said
lolol Why don't you stop lying, and deceiving, and perverting the gospel. Your so full of guile.

clefty

I said
lolol Why don't you stop lying, and deceiving, and perverting the gospel. Your so full of guile.

If Paul would have taught a change to the Law and custom of Moses then the author of the book of Acts would NOT have called the witness of those that claimed that he taught such a FALSE WITNESS...

As it is the author claims it WAS a false witness that claimed Paul taught an end or change...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If Paul would have taught a change to the Law and custom of Moses then the author of the book of Acts would NOT have called the witness of those that claimed that he taught such a FALSE WITNESS...

As it is the author claims it WAS a false witness that claimed Paul taught an end or change...

Him
I said
Where in the world do you get your logic, it is ridiculous.
You are away out there in muslim land. You are fighting against Jesus. I gave you revelations from Jesus. On old testament, covenant, old testament law, and hundreds of verses all in the name of Jesus. And you rejected all of them, that is blasphemy. You have lied , use guile and trickery trying to mix the two testaments together in deceit. You are speaking evil. You fight against the Jews, you fight against the Christians. Your not even man enough to claim your denomination. You are full of deceit.

clefty

Him
I said
Where in the world do you get your logic, it is ridiculous.
You are away out there in muslim land. You are fighting against Jesus. I gave you revelations from Jesus. On old testament, covenant, old testament law, and hundreds of verses all in the name of Jesus. And you rejected all of them, that is blasphemy. You have lied , use guile and trickery trying to mix the two testaments together in deceit. You are speaking evil. You fight against the Jews, you fight against the Christians. Your not even man enough to claim your denomination. You are full of deceit.

Sometimes too much meat makes one more like a meathead than a simple child that understands simple things like 2 + 2 = 4...meatheads just bully about and aren't very flexible...

See your message of a law which is changed is exactly what some were claiming Paul and the apostles were teaching...the author of Acts however calls it and them FALSE WITNESSES...

See? Simple...so if you think you can change Sabbath into any day everyday sabbath by misusing or abusing Paul's text from Romans 14 then you are witnessesing falsely...because he doesn't say what you want him to say...

Because if Paul was teaching the law changed then well the Pharisees would NOT be false witnesses...

But Paul wasn't so they are false witnesses...can't make it clearer than that...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Sometimes too much meat makes one more like a meathead than a simple child that understands simple things like 2 + 2 = 4...meatheads just bully about and aren't very flexible...

See your message of a law which is changed is exactly what some were claiming Paul and the apostles were teaching...the author of Acts however calls it and them FALSE WITNESSES...

See? Simple...so if you think you can change Sabbath into any day everyday sabbath by misusing or abusing Paul's text from Romans 14 then you are witnessesing falsely...because he doesn't say what you want him to say...

Because if Paul was teaching the law changed then well the Pharisees would NOT be false witnesses...

But Paul wasn't so they are false witnesses...can't make it clearer than that...

I said
lolo You are evil. You are a Pharisee. Full of guile.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Happy Sabbath Squeaky! Sorry your any day everyday Sabbath makes this just another ordinary day...

I said
That is what makes you evil. I have NEVER said the Sabbath was any day, or every day. You lie you deceive, you twist and pervert the gospel. Your neither Jew nor Christian. You flip flop back and forth stiring up confusion. I was called outside the church. If someone is called while in the church they should stick with it and keep the Sabbath.

1 Cor 7:17-20
17 But as God has distributed to each one, as the Lord has called each one, so let him walk. And so I ordain in all the churches.
18 Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised.
19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.
20 Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
That is what makes you evil. I have NEVER said the Sabbath was any day, or every day.
sabbath means cessation rest and is attributed to a day...I embrace the day of rest you claim you rest every day anyday so today is special for me for that and just ordinary for you because of that...

You lie you deceive, you twist and pervert the gospel. Your neither Jew nor Christian. You flip flop back and forth stiring up confusion. I was called outside the church. If someone is called while in the church they should stick with it and keep the Sabbath.
umm we are all called outside the church to come in the church and do as it does because technically it does as He does...what He taught and did...

1 Cor 7:17-20
17 But as God has distributed to each one, as the Lord has called each one, so let him walk. And so I ordain in all the churches.
18 Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised.
yup no need to become not Jewish...

Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised.
yup no need to become not gentile...circumcision was never a requirement to be saved...even from Egypt

19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing,
see? Anything not about being saved is nothing...

but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.
see right there. That is what matters...notice nothing about grace or faith or belief or in the church or out of the church or which church or which commandments all 10 or just 9 lol...

But keeping the commandments of God is what matters...not the commandments of His Son which you claim to be a separate contrary set...allowing you every day any day Sabbaths...err sorry rest

20 Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called.
(NKJ)
so relax...no need for you to be Jewish...Sabbath was made for man not just Jews...but men of all callings in which he was called.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
sabbath means cessation rest and is attributed to a day...I embrace the day of rest you claim you rest every day anyday so today is special for me for that and just ordinary for you because of that...

But keeping the commandments of God is what matters...not the commandments of His Son which you claim to be a separate contrary set...allowing you every day any day Sabbaths...err sorry rest

so relax...no need for you to be Jewish...Sabbath was made for man not just Jews...but men of all callings in which he was called.

I said
And the first commandment is truth. And you haven't been truthful. You are to full of guile. That is why you are evil.

John 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)

Mark 7:21-22
21 "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 "thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.
(NKJ)