Sabbath

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Ever throw a ball against the wall repeatedly? You merely improve your own throwing and catching ability...

This particular wall has some cute quirks and nuances that add to the charm of it and improvement of only your game...you're game? No your game...lol

Oh and btw...jots and tittles don't seem to matter to him...

I said
lol You do so much better when you stay away from bible stuff.

clefty

I said
Your an idiot. Jesus did change the covenant, the law, and He annulled the commandments. Its right there in front of you. Boy the devil has a strong deception in you, to the point you reject Jesus.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Here is your god and your jesus.

2 Cor 11:12-15
12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

II Th 2:4-5
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?
(NKJ)

I say do JUST AS He did...and instructed us to do...to love JUST AS He loved us...that love does not include the spirit of do what thou wilt...God's Law or His Son's law...the choose any day every day Sabbath...

That is NOT wearing His Yoke...but exalting yourself above them BOTH...Father and Son...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I say do JUST AS He did...and instructed us to do...to love JUST AS He loved us...that love does not include the spirit of do what thou wilt...God's Law or His Son's law...the choose any day every day Sabbath...

That is NOT wearing His Yoke...but exalting yourself above them BOTH...Father and Son...

I said
But you don't do any of that. Jesus told us to stay in the new testament. Jesus yoke is the new testament. Jesus is the testator of the new testament. Your a liar and a deceiver. Your trying to get people to keep the old testament. Jesus came to deliver us from the old testament.

Heb 9:16-17
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
But you don't do any of that. Jesus told us to stay in the new testament. Jesus yoke is the new testament. Jesus is the testator of the new testament. Your a liar and a deceiver. Your trying to get people to keep the old testament. Jesus came to deliver us from the old testament.

Heb 9:16-17
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
(NKJ)

LOL the new covenant and when He did sign it with His blood and sealed it with His death...the first day in the New Testament Age was a Sabbath...and He was yup...resting...just as were His followers as per the commandment...they were not told anything of it being annulled or fulfilled or destroyed because it was NOT...that is False Testimony...lol

Yup the first day of the New Testament Age was celebrated by Him at rest...just like the first day of the Edenic age with man...at rest...on the Sabbath and then refreshment...

And in the NT age what is more refreshing than receiving a glorified body? He rested and then rose on the Sabbath rested healed and REFRESHED...ready for the next day of first fruits to present himself to His Father...

yup signed and sealed so don't add your everyday any day Sabbath...but stick to six days work and on the Sabbath rest...just AS He did and asked us to do...

On earth JUST AS it is in Heaven...I keep sayin'

HalleluYah

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
LOL the new covenant and when He did sign it with His blood and sealed it with His death...the first day in the New Testament Age was a Sabbath...and He was yup...resting...just as were His followers as per the commandment...they were not told anything of it being annulled or fulfilled or destroyed because it was NOT...that is False Testimony...lol

Yup the first day of the New Testament Age was celebrated by Him at rest...just like the first day of the Edenic age with man...at rest...on the Sabbath and then refreshment...

And in the NT age what is more refreshing than receiving a glorified body? He rested and then rose on the Sabbath rested healed and REFRESHED...ready for the next day of first fruits to present himself to His Father...

yup signed and sealed so don't add your everyday any day Sabbath...but stick to six days work and on the Sabbath rest...just AS He did and asked us to do...

On earth JUST AS it is in Heaven...I keep sayin'

HalleluYah

I said
lolol I rest 7 days a week.

keypurr

I said

1 Pet 1:6-7
6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials,
7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,
(NKJ)

2 Cor 10:4-5
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
(NKJ)

I am not concerned about the genuineness of my faith Squeak. My faith is greater than most for I let Christ run my life. Christ came to glorify his Father, not himself. Christ keeps the same commandments that I do in the spirit.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

I am concerned with your misunderstanding of God's Ten.

clefty

I said
lolol I rest 7 days a week.

Yes it is quite clear you keep neither part of His Father's commandment...neither the seventh day holy nor the working six days...

John the revelator was clear "Here are those that keep the commandments of God" and the commandments of Jesus Christ? No. He writes "and the testimony of Jesus Christ"...

Now what is His testimony? The spirit of prophecy. What is that? It is to foretell what is to come...which is

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone that says unto me ‘Lord, Lord’, shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in Heaven"

And the will of His Father is to keep His commandments just as His Son did...

His Son knew there was One greater than He in whose name He came and was sent and was given to do and say...and the Two are One...

Pray "Our Father who art in Heaven...THY will be done on earth as it is in heaven"...

You see it is clearly NOT "MY will" or "Our will" and certainly not "let them choose whatever whenever everyday any day Sabbath..."

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I am not concerned about the genuineness of my faith Squeak. My faith is greater than most for I let Christ run my life. Christ came to glorify his Father, not himself. Christ keeps the same commandments that I do in the spirit.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

I am concerned with your misunderstanding of God's Ten.

I said
I am also concerned about you. Your misunderstanding of who Jesus is. And the Way Jesus delivers us from the old testament.

John 6:28-29
28 Then they said to Him, "What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?"
29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."
(NKJ)

John 14:1-6
1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
2 "In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
4 "And where I go you know, and the way you know."
5 Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?"
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
(NKJ)

John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

If you don't abide in the doctrine of Christ(new testament) you don't have the right God or the right Jesus.

II Jn 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

If you don't have the right God, you have this god. Jesus told us of the counterfeits and impostors.

2 Cor 11:14-15
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes it is quite clear you keep neither part of His Father's commandment...neither the seventh day holy nor the working six days...

John the revelator was clear "Here are those that keep the commandments of God" and the commandments of Jesus Christ? No. He writes "and the testimony of Jesus Christ"...

Now what is His testimony? The spirit of prophecy. What is that? It is to foretell what is to come...which is

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone that says unto me ‘Lord, Lord’, shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in Heaven"

And the will of His Father is to keep His commandments just as His Son did...

His Son knew there was One greater than He in whose name He came and was sent and was given to do and say...and the Two are One...

Pray "Our Father who art in Heaven...THY will be done on earth as it is in heaven"...

You see it is clearly NOT "MY will" or "Our will" and certainly not "let them choose whatever whenever everyday any day Sabbath..."

I SAID
Again you prove yourself to be anti Christ teaching against Jesus.
JESUS COMMANDMENTS (RULE, LAW, ORDER)
John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
John 14:21
21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
Matt 4:4
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
Matt 28:20
20 "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
Matt 24:35
35 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
I Jn 2:3
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
I Jn 5:3
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
II Th 3:4
4 And we have confidence in the Lord concerning you, both that you do and will do the things we command you.
John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
1 Tim 4:11
11 These things command and teach.
1 Cor 7:10
10 Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband.
20 "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
Heb 13:8
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Phile 1:21
21 Having confidence in your obedience, I write to you, knowing that you will do even more than I say.
Matt 5:20
20 "For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
Acts 17:30
30 "Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,
II Jn 1:5-6
5 And now I plead with you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we have had from the beginning: that we love one another.
6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.
Matt 19:17-21
17 So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."
18 He said to Him, "Which ones?" Jesus said," 'You shall not murder,' 'You shall not commit adultery,' 'You shall not steal,' 'You shall not bear false witness,'
19 'Honor your father and your mother,' and, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'"
20 The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?"
21 Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."
Rom 13:9
9 For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not bear false witness," "You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Matt 22:37-40
37 Jesus said to him," 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
38 "This is the first and great commandment.
39 "And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
40 "On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."
John 13:34-38
34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
35 "By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
36 Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, where are You going?" Jesus answered him, "Where I am going you cannot follow Me now, but you shall follow Me afterward."
37 Peter said to Him, "Lord, why can I not follow You now? I will lay down my life for Your sake."
38 Jesus answered him, "Will you lay down your life for My sake? Most assuredly, I say to you, the rooster shall not crow till you have denied Me three times.
Matt 5:19
19 "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
I Jn 4:20-21
20 If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.
21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
John 15:17
17 "These things I command you, that you love one another.
I Jn 2:4
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
xxxxxThe old testament had commandments. And the new testament has commandments. In the old testament the way to please God was to obey His commandments. In the new testament the way to please God is to obey Jesus commandments. And Jesus commands us to crucify our emotions and feelings. Just to get in the Spirit we, not Him, but we must crucify our emotions and feelings. Have you done that yet?

clefty

I SAID
Again you prove yourself to be anti Christ teaching against Jesus.
JESUS COMMANDMENTS (RULE, LAW, ORDER)
Matt 4:4
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
Matt 24:35
35 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
I Jn 5:3
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
II Th 3:4
4 And we have confidence in the Lord concerning you, both that you do and will do the things we command you.
John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
1 Tim 4:11
11 These things command and teach.
1 Cor 7:10
10 Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband.
Heb 13:8
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Phile 1:21
21 Having confidence in your obedience, I write to you, knowing that you will do even more than I say.
Matt 5:20
20 "For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
Acts 17:30
30 "Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,
II Jn 1:5-6
5 And now I plead with you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we have had from the beginning: that we love one another.
6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.
Matt 19:17-21
17 So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."
18 He said to Him, "Which ones?" Jesus said," 'You shall not murder,' 'You shall not commit adultery,' 'You shall not steal,' 'You shall not bear false witness,'
19 'Honor your father and your mother,' and, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'"
20 The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?"
21 Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."
Rom 13:9
9 For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not bear false witness," "You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Matt 22:37-40
37 Jesus said to him," 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
38 "This is the first and great commandment.
39 "And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
40 "On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."
John 13:34-38
34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
35 "By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
36 Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, where are You going?" Jesus answered him, "Where I am going you cannot follow Me now, but you shall follow Me afterward."
37 Peter said to Him, "Lord, why can I not follow You now? I will lay down my life for Your sake."
38 Jesus answered him, "Will you lay down your life for My sake? Most assuredly, I say to you, the rooster shall not crow till you have denied Me three times.
Matt 5:19
19 "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
I Jn 4:20-21
20 If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.
John 15:17
17 "These things I command you, that you love one another.
I Jn 2:4
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
xxxxxThe old testament had commandments. And the new testament has commandments. In the old testament the way to please God was to obey His commandments. In the new testament the way to please God is to obey Jesus commandments. And Jesus commands us to crucify our emotions and feelings. Just to get in the Spirit we, not Him, but we must crucify our emotions and feelings. Have you done that yet?

All those verses for you to say keep all the commandments but 1...lol

Who secretly induced you to spread this false witness that He changed the Law?

He didn't save us from the OT silly...He saved us from the condemnation of its Law...

There is no new commandment in the New Testament that is even close to your everyday any day Sabbath...

Say what you mean squeaky you wish to say all but 1 of the laws are to be kept...and living in HIM all are kept...but for you just 9...

which well then breaks the first, second, fourth and the false witness one...oh hey and the "thou shalt don't steal" one...cuz you are stealing what is His since you think He didn't give it to you...but you rest anyway...lol

keypurr

I said
I am also concerned about you. Your misunderstanding of who Jesus is. And the Way Jesus delivers us from the old testament.

John 6:28-29
28Then they said to Him, "What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?"
29Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."
(NKJ)

John 14:1-6
1"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
2"In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
4"And where I go you know, and the way you know."
5Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?"
6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
(NKJ)

John 10:8-9
8"All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9"I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

If you don't abide in the doctrine of Christ(new testament) you don't have the right God or the right Jesus.

II Jn 1:7-11
7For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

If you don't have the right God, you have this god. Jesus told us of the counterfeits and impostors.

2 Cor 11:14-15
14And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

4who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
5Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?
(NKJ)

My brother, I have the right God. And I do my best o please him by reflecting his love to all.

None of the verses you post show me that the Law of God and the Law of Christ are not the same. Christ came to make us understand who his Father is, he did nothing without his Father's approval. He kept his Father's Laws and encouraged us to do likewise. True followers of God and his Christ will worship in the spirit. The flesh is weak but the spirit will guide you to keep his ways. The new covenant is believing that Christ came and dwelled in Jesus. God sent his son to light out path and die for our sins. Love in our hearts is the new covenant friend.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
My brother, I have the right God. And I do my best o please him by reflecting his love to all.

None of the verses you post show me that the Law of God and the Law of Christ are not the same. Christ came to make us understand who his Father is, he did nothing without his Father's approval. He kept his Father's Laws and encouraged us to do likewise. True followers of God and his Christ will worship in the spirit. The flesh is weak but the spirit will guide you to keep his ways. The new covenant is believing that Christ came and dwelled in Jesus. God sent his son to light out path and die for our sins. Love in our hearts is the new covenant friend.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

I said
I don't know why you cant see it. Jesus is the testator of the new testament. He said that all who ever came before Him are thieves and robbers. Jesus brought a new covenant, He changed the law, He annulled the former commandments. He made the old covenant obsolete. He is the only way.

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Heb 9:16-18
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)

John 10:8
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

John 10:9
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

keypurr

I said
I don't know why you cant see it. Jesus is the testator of the new testament. He said that all who ever came before Him are thieves and robbers. Jesus brought a new covenant, He changed the law, He annulled the former commandments. He made the old covenant obsolete. He is the only way.

12For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

18For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

13In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Heb 9:16-18
16For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)

John 10:8
8"All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

John 10:9
9"I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)
Where we differ is I do not see the ten changed or done away with.

The early church made the same mistake, you can not discard the OT and the laws that are in them. Christian churches were born out of the OT, you need to have a working knowledge of the Old to understand the NT.

Christ came to teach the true meaning of the laws, the new covenant is the instilling of them in our hearts and minds. No longer is there a yearly sacrifice for our sins, Christ was that sacrifice for all time.

Jesus Christ is now our high priest, mediator and Lord. He sealed the covenant with his blood. But he never abolished or changed the Law of his God.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Where we differ is I do not see the ten changed or done away with.

The early church made the same mistake, you can not discard the OT and the laws that are in them. Christian churches were born out of the OT, you need to have a working knowledge of the Old to understand the NT.

Christ came to teach the true meaning of the laws, the new covenant is the instilling of them in our hearts and minds. No longer is there a yearly sacrifice for our sins, Christ was that sacrifice for all time.

Jesus Christ is now our high priest, mediator and Lord. He sealed the covenant with his blood. But he never abolished or changed the Law of his God.

I said
lol Some times I wonder if you even read my replies. I have never said that Jesus done away with the 10 commandments. They are written in the new testament. And its ok to keep the Sabbath. Its just not a law to keep the Sabbath.
Jesus is mediator of a new covenant based on better promises.

Heb 8:6-7
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
(NKJ)

The think is your going to loose out on the better promises if you keep holding on to the old covenant.

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

You have to be careful about what you approve.

Rom 14:22
22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
(NKJ)

keypurr

I said
lol Some times I wonder if you even read my replies. I have never said that Jesus done away with the 10 commandments. They are written in the new testament. And its ok to keep the Sabbath. Its just not a law to keep the Sabbath.
Jesus is mediator of a new covenant based on better promises.

Heb 8:6-7
6But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
7For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
(NKJ)

The think is your going to loose out on the better promises if you keep holding on to the old covenant.

Gal 5:1-4

1Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

You have to be careful about what you approve.

Rom 14:22
22Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
(NKJ)
The Sabbath is very important to our God, it can not be changed. Man has tried to do that, Christ is Lord of the Sabbath. It is his day. He did not change it or abolish it.

The new covenant does not change it. It supports it. God's laws are holy, to try to change them is to try to make yourself higher than the creator.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Sabbath is very important to our God, it can not be changed. Man has tried to do that, Christ is Lord of the Sabbath. It is his day. He did not change it or abolish it.

The new covenant does not change it. It supports it. God's laws are holy, to try to change them is to try to make yourself higher than the creator.

I said
I haven't tried to change it. Don't you see the manipulation going on yet. I have never spoke against the Sabbath, I have never said anything about changing the day. Clefty uses gross exaggerations to manipulate you into thinking I said certain things which I never said. But because you read his replies you--assume-- that I said those things. Its called the power of suggestion.
Go back and read and see what I said. I have never spoke against the 10 commandments. In fact I even posted the 10 commandments old testament and new testament on the board.
You have fallen for the oldest trick on the board. A lot of muslims use these tactics to cause division with Christians.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus told you He is Lord of the Sabbath. And even He broke the Sabbath. Every preacher that get wages for preaching on sunday is breaking the Sabbath. But the judgmental Pharisees always look for something they can falsely accuse the brethren.

Matt 12:1-12

1 At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. And His disciples were hungry, and began to pluck heads of grain and to eat.
2 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to Him, "Look, Your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath!"
3 But He said to them, "Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him:
4 "how he entered the house of God and ate the showbread which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests?
5 "Or have you not read in the law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless?
6 "Yet I say to you that in this place there is One greater than the temple.
7 "But if you had known what this means, 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the guiltless.
8 "For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."
9 Now when He had departed from there, He went into their synagogue.
10 And behold, there was a man who had a withered hand. And they asked Him, saying, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?"-- that they might accuse Him.
11 Then He said to them, "What man is there among you who has one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not lay hold of it and lift it out?
12 "Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."
(NKJ)

clefty

Jesus told you He is Lord of the Sabbath. And even He broke the Sabbath. Every preacher that get wages for preaching on sunday is breaking the Sabbath. But the judgmental Pharisees always look for something they can falsely accuse the brethren.

1 At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. And His disciples were hungry, and began to pluck heads of grain and to eat.
2 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to Him, "Look, Your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath!"
3 But He said to them, "Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him:
4 "how he entered the house of God and ate the showbread which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests?
5 "Or have you not read in the law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless?
6 "Yet I say to you that in this place there is One greater than the temple.
7 "But if you had known what this means, 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the guiltless.
8 "For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."
9 Now when He had departed from there, He went into their synagogue.
10 And behold, there was a man who had a withered hand. And they asked Him, saying, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?"-- that they might accuse Him.
11 Then He said to them, "What man is there among you who has one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not lay hold of it and lift it out?
12 "Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."
(NKJ)

You side with the Pharisees time and time again...

Now here in their accusations that He broke the Sabbath...when what He broke is their definition of the Sabbath and additions to it...restoring it to its original purpose...healing rest refreshment with Him

Elsewhere you side with the Pharisees and their false witnesses that claimed the apostles taught there was a change...

Ahhh but you don't side with one Pharisee when he said it was a day of fasting you could choose...you insist he meant the Sabbath day...

But yes He did say He is Lord of the Sabbath...
Why would He wish to destroy what gave Him that authority?

Think about it squeaky...does the Lord of London wish to destroy London? The lord of the rings his rings?

Lol...

keypurr

I said
I haven't tried to change it. Don't you see the manipulation going on yet. I have never spoke against the Sabbath, I have never said anything about changing the day. Clefty uses gross exaggerations to manipulate you into thinking I said certain things which I never said. But because you read his replies you--assume-- that I said those things. Its called the power of suggestion.
Go back and read and see what I said. I have never spoke against the 10 commandments. In fact I even posted the 10 commandments old testament and new testament on the board.
You have fallen for the oldest trick on the board. A lot of muslims use these tactics to cause division with Christians.

1At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. And His disciples were hungry, and began to pluck heads of grain and to eat.
2And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to Him, "Look, Your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath!"
3But He said to them, "Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him:
4"how he entered the house of God and ate the showbread which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests?
5"Or have you not read in the law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless?
6"Yet I say to you that in this place there is One greater than the temple.
7"But if you had known what this means, 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the guiltless.
8"For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."
9Now when He had departed from there, He went into their synagogue.
10And behold, there was a man who had a withered hand. And they asked Him, saying, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?"-- that they might accuse Him.
11Then He said to them, "What man is there among you who has one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not lay hold of it and lift it out?
12"Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."
(NKJ)

No, he did not break the Sabbath, he broke the Jews understanding on how to keep the Sabbath.

My thoughts on the Ten and the Sabbath come not from any poster on TOL, they come from years of study on the subject. I never realized that the Sabbath was not Sunday until I was about twenty. That is when I questioned everything I had be taught in Sunday school.

That was when my eyes were opened and I started discarding the traditions of the church. That was back around 1955.

You cling to the verse that says you can worship any day, I stay with what God has set aside as his day of rest. Most churches do not preach the Ten, they cut down the wording and in effect change the meaning. The RCC early fathers did a great job at distortion.

keypurr

Squeak, I can not tell you enough about getting the Aramaic English New Testament or AENT. The note are the best I have ever seen. The paperback is only Forty dollars. You can get it on line at

www.aent.org

It is a great translation from the early Eastern church. It is worth your time to compare this with all the Greek to English translations. The Greek just can not help but distort some of the verses. The notes, again, are the best I have seen to learn about the Hebrew culture and get a better understanding of the Jewish religion. Get the AENT, you will be glad you did.