Sabbath

clefty

I said
What is your point. Jesus was under the law of the old testament. The new testament wasn't in force until after Jesus death on the cross.

Heb 9:16-18
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

My point? Oh just giving you some reading regarding Sabbath keeping throughout history...sabbath keepers understand the law of priesthood was changed and they now are priests...to be Holy sanctified set apart...

Haven't come across much historical literature from those that keep every day holy...please refer me to some...

Oh...and could you also show me another commandment He specifically instructed we pray for...that it be kept after He died, was resurrected and returned to heaven? You know, even after the time of the New Testament...

In fact, a commandment more important to keep than our safety or survival...

He didn't ask we don't kill during our time of trouble...

He didn't instruct prayers we not steal or lie or fornicate during the future time of trouble...

He instructed prayers that in the future time of trouble the Sabbath be kept...

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
My point? Oh just giving you some reading regarding Sabbath keeping throughout history...sabbath keepers understand the law of priesthood was changed and they now are priests...to be Holy sanctified set apart...

Haven't come across much historical literature from those that keep every day holy...please refer me to some...

Oh...and could you also show me another commandment He specifically instructed we pray for...that it be kept after He died, was resurrected and returned to heaven? You know, even after the time of the New Testament...

In fact, a commandment more important to keep than our safety or survival...

He didn't ask we don't kill during our time of trouble...

He didn't instruct prayers we not steal or lie or fornicate during the future time of trouble...

He instructed prayers that in the future time of trouble the Sabbath be kept...

I said
You seem to have a bad case of no faith. No faith in the Word of God. No faith in Christianity. No faith in the HOly Spirit. No spiritual understanding. No comprehension. Your wanting all the things that only Christians are allowed. Guess what, I cant give them to you. Only God can do that. And He isn't going to do that until you make a commitment to Him. You have been blinded.

2 Cor 4:3-4
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
You seem to have a bad case of no faith. No faith in the Word of God. No faith in Christianity. No faith in the HOly Spirit. No spiritual understanding. No comprehension. Your wanting all the things that only Christians are allowed. Guess what, I cant give them to you. Only God can do that. And He isn't going to do that until you make a commitment to Him. You have been blinded.

2 Cor 4:3-4
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
(NKJ)

The glory of Christ which shines from the gospel indeed is veiled for your sake. Just like the face of Moses was veiled from the people after he was with God...

Too much light would destroy your whole framework

for you to die to self now and all your traditions of man would be too much...like a camel through the eye of a needle...impossible

But for those who wish to die to self and all things worldly and of man's tradition the secret things are revealed...

The glory of God kills sinners...those that voluntarily die now are reborn in Him and live dead to themselves and the curse of the law and with Him His Way...those that reject Him now die later...forever

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The glory of Christ which shines from the gospel indeed is veiled for your sake. Just like the face of Moses was veiled from the people after he was with God...

Too much light would destroy your whole framework

for you to die to self now and all your traditions of man would be too much...like a camel through the eye of a needle...impossible

But for those who wish to die to self and all things worldly and of man's tradition the secret things are revealed...

The glory of God kills sinners...those that voluntarily die now are reborn in Him and live dead to themselves and the curse of the law and with Him His Way...those that reject Him now die later...forever

I said
ROFLOL Where in the world do you come up with this stuff. A Jew wouldn't say that. A muslim might. Do you worship the fat guy on a stick?

clefty

I said
ROFLOL Where in the world do you come up with this stuff. A Jew wouldn't say that. A muslim might. Do you worship the fat guy on a stick?

Ok good work Sherlock...

Now riddle me this...if a Jew don't agree but the muslim man might, does Buddha come with a stick or what other God ain't you got right?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Ok good work Sherlock...

Now riddle me this...if a Jew don't agree but the muslim man might, does Buddha come with a stick or what other God ain't you got right?
I said
Well you won't confess Jesus, you won't confess Christianity, your full of guile, you lie, you use gross exaggeration. I'm still trying to figure out what you are. I know your a deceiver. A true Christian can NOT deny their faith. But all the rest can.

Matt 10:32-33
32 "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.
33 "But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
Well you won't confess Jesus, you won't confess Christianity, your full of guile, you lie, you use gross exaggeration. I'm still trying to figure out what you are. I know your a deceiver. A true Christian can NOT deny their faith. But all the rest can.

Matt 10:32-33
32 "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.
33 "But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
(NKJ)

Even He confessed His Father before men and they rejected it...why would modern day Pharisees accept the SAME confession?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Even He confessed His Father before men and they rejected it...why would modern day Pharisees accept the SAME confession?

I said
You are an idiot. He wasn't confessing to prove anything to the Pharisees. He was showing the Father His love by confessing it.

Heb 5:8-10
8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,
10 called by God as High Priest "according to the order of Melchizedek,"
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
You are an idiot. He wasn't confessing to prove anything to the Pharisees. He was showing the Father His love by confessing it.

8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,
(NKJ)

But just like you rejecting His proof they demanded more...even a sign

Paul(?) wrote to the Hebrews exactly what they wished to hear...He obeyed...His obedience was perfected...and then expected of all...

He exemplified His Father and His Love...and asked we do JUST AS He did...to confess AS He did...

But yes modern Pharisees will deny and reject slander and bare false witness all those who confess JUST AS He did His Father's Love...through teaching obedience and practicing it...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
But just like you rejecting His proof they demanded more...even a sign

Paul(?) wrote to the Hebrews exactly what they wished to hear...He obeyed...His obedience was perfected...and then expected of all...

He exemplified His Father and His Love...and asked we do JUST AS He did...to confess AS He did...

But yes modern Pharisees will deny and reject slander and bare false witness all those who confess JUST AS He did His Father's Love...through teaching obedience and practicing it...

I said
And yet you refuse to confess.

clefty

I said
Because you haven't confessed that you are a Christian.

"We have already seen that Paul and the Apostles undoubtedly kept the Seventh Day Sabbath but some ask is there any specific reference to keeping the Sabbath after the cross, and the answer is yes. Here are just a couple. In reference to the future destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD, Jesus states in Matthew 24:20, “And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath.” Why would Jesus say pray that you don't have to flee on the Sabbath if we are not keeping it anymore? There is no way Jesus would say this unless the Sabbath was still going to be kept subsequent to His death. This is solid proof of Sabbath keeping after the cross on its own. The gospel of Luke states in Luke 23:56 that when the body of Christ was being prepared by His followers, “they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the Commandment.” Note that Luke wrote this 30-50 years after the cross. The New Covenant was sealed and set in place by the blood of Jesus when He died on the cross that Friday afternoon. Yet Luke says they are still physically keeping the Sabbath according to the Commandment after the New Covenant had begun. Galatians 3:15 states that no man can ADD to it or TAKE away from it. Any lawyer will tell you that the will and testament of a person CANNOT be changed after the death of a testator and Hebrews 9:16-17 states that the New Covenant is NOT in force until the death of the testator being Christ Jesus in this case. Luke of course would also never make a statement like this without telling us of a change on something as important as the Ten Commandments. This would have been the perfect opportunity for Luke to say something but he still states they kept it “according to the Commandment,” and after the New Covenant begun."

http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/ten_commandments-new_testament.html

clefty

I said

(NKJ)

Confession is proof of loyalty...all part of obedience.

However your any day or everyday worship is not.

"It doesn't matter which day you keep, just as long as you keep one."

Answer: Really? Then why did God create "the" Sabbath day? Why did God bless "the" seventh day? Why did God sanctify "the" seventh day? Why did God call the 7th day "My" Sabbath day, and "My" holy day? Why did God command His people to remember to rest on "the" seventh day (Exodus 20:8-11)? Notice God did not say "Remember one day out of seven, to keep it holy!" No. He did say, "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy."

If the Law of God is something we are to recognize as merely good advice while retaining an inability to follow its precepts, we might more appropriately title that Law, "The Ten Suggestions." Each one of God's Ten Commandments is very specific. Nothing is left to chance. Nothing is confused, not according to the scripture evidence. There is, of course, no technical difference between one day of the week and another, they are each 24 hours long, except that God said that we are to keep one specific day. This, like the tree of life versus the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden, is a simple test of loyalty to God. If all the days are the same, why not keep the one God said to? If we are going to keep a day holy, why not God's day?

https://www.ecclesia.org/truth/sabbath-objections.html

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
"We have already seen that Paul and the Apostles undoubtedly kept the Seventh Day Sabbath but some ask is there any specific reference to keeping the Sabbath after the cross, and the answer is yes. Here are just a couple. In reference to the future destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD, Jesus states in Matthew 24:20, “And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath.” Why would Jesus say pray that you don't have to flee on the Sabbath if we are not keeping it anymore? There is no way Jesus would say this unless the Sabbath was still going to be kept subsequent to His death. This is solid proof of Sabbath keeping after the cross on its own. The gospel of Luke states in Luke 23:56 that when the body of Christ was being prepared by His followers, “they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the Commandment.” Note that Luke wrote this 30-50 years after the cross. The New Covenant was sealed and set in place by the blood of Jesus when He died on the cross that Friday afternoon. Yet Luke says they are still physically keeping the Sabbath according to the Commandment after the New Covenant had begun. Galatians 3:15 states that no man can ADD to it or TAKE away from it. Any lawyer will tell you that the will and testament of a person CANNOT be changed after the death of a testator and Hebrews 9:16-17 states that the New Covenant is NOT in force until the death of the testator being Christ Jesus in this case. Luke of course would also never make a statement like this without telling us of a change on something as important as the Ten Commandments. This would have been the perfect opportunity for Luke to say something but he still states they kept it “according to the Commandment,” and after the New Covenant begun."

http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/ten_commandments-new_testament.html

I said
There is nothing in any of them verses that refers to the need in keeping the Sabbath.

Matt 24:20
20 "And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath.
(NKJ)

Luke 23:56
56 Then they returned and prepared spices and fragrant oils. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.
(NKJ)

Gal 3:15
15 Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man's covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it.
(NKJ)

Heb 9:16-17
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
(NKJ)

We know we can keep the Sabbath if we want to. But it is not required for salvation.

clefty

I said
That is called guile. Them are your words.

Not the ones in quotes...

The ones in quotes are me posting someone else's words...

So my confession, by my loyalty expressed through a desire to obey, is guile?

No surprise modern day Pharisees still rather reject and deny...and seek to persecute...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
How ever your any day or every day.

Not the ones in quotes...

The ones in quotes are me posting someone else's words...

So my confession, by my loyalty expressed through a desire to obey, is guile?

No surprise modern day Pharisees still rather reject and deny...and seek to persecute...

I said
You replied to me. You said how every (your) any day
I have corrected you on this over and over. There are no quotes with it. That is guile.
I am trying to help you. But your an idiot

Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

clefty

How ever your any day or every day.

I said
You replied to me. You said how every (your) any day
I have corrected you on this over and over. There are no quotes with it. That is guile.
I am trying to help you. But your an idiot

Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

Lol...help me? You wanna help me?

Help me keep the word of God without adding to it your "I said I worship every day" to replace what is clearly for the people of God...a separate seventh day sanctified and made Holy

Even in future times of trouble...

As for your scripture, He had just reminded them that a tree is known by its fruit...

Your fruit is not of the same family you were grafted into...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Lol...help me? You wanna help me?

Help me keep the word of God without adding to it your "I said I worship every day" to replace what is clearly for the people of God...a separate seventh day sanctified and made Holy

Even in future times of trouble...

As for your scripture, He had just reminded them that a tree is known by its fruit...

Your fruit is not of the same family you were grafted into...

I said
Do you even know what the fruit is? Its quoting verses. You don't do that.

Heb 13:15
15 Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.
(NKJ)