Roy Moore, OJ Simpson, And why I don't believe you.

fool

Hall of Fame
So, The Barbarian, you need to settle down with which version of the events you think in true. Because you just posted two different versions in two subsequent posts.

So if Black had asked someone else, if they were _____, and the person answered "yes, do you have a problem with that?", and he shook his head and walked away, you think Clarke would have been justified in having the man detained?

According to the affidavit, Black told Milwaukee investigators that he spotted Clarke after the men boarded the Milwaukee-bound plane in Dallas on Jan. 15. When he asked Clarke if he was, in fact, the sheriff, and Clarke confirmed it, Black said he shook his head.

Which way was it?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Clarke didn't have him arrested.
And as I said before if Clarke had witnessed Black go up to someone else and have the same exchange he would have been justified in having him questioned.
Yeah. About that. No, he wouldn't. None of the agencies that looked at it would agree with your statement.

He followed him from Texas to Milwaukee! (he was sitting behind him on the plane).
:chuckle: Okay, that was just about worth it.

How would Clarke know if he was making threatening gestures if he was sitting behind him?
Pocket mirror? Ouja board? Paranoid fantasy?

That's why he had him questioned.
Nah. He had him detained so they could ask him why he didn't keep his mouth shut, which was Clarke's way of letting him know who the boss was...trouble with that is that Clarke didn't appear to know the answer.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
So, The Barbarian, you need to settle down with which version of the events you think in true. Because you just posted two different versions in two subsequent posts.

I don't see that either one contradicts the other. BTW, one is a news report, not my words. Are you saying that because one is more detailed than the other, it's contradictory?

fool

Hall of Fame
I don't see that either one contradicts the other. BTW, one is a news report, not my words. Are you saying that because one is more detailed than the other, it's contradictory?

Two different chronologies.

The Barbarian said:
So if Black had asked someone else, if they were _____, and the person answered "yes, do you have a problem with that?", and he shook his head and walked away, you think Clarke would have been justified in having the man detained?

The Barbarian said:
According to the affidavit, Black told Milwaukee investigators that he spotted Clarke after the men boarded the Milwaukee-bound plane in Dallas on Jan. 15. When he asked Clarke if he was, in fact, the sheriff, and Clarke confirmed it, Black said he shook his head.
Do you understand the difference?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Sorry, they are both the same sequence.

A. Asks Clarke
B. Clarke affirms
C. Shakes head, and walks away.

The news story only adds that Clarke was belligerent in his response. No other difference.

fool

Hall of Fame
Sorry, they are both the same sequence.

A. Asks Clarke
B. Clarke affirms
C. Shakes head, and walks away.

The news story only adds that Clarke was belligerent in his response. No other difference.
My understanding is;
A. Asks Clarke
B. Clarke confirms
C. Shakes head
D. Clarke asks if there's a problem
E. Walks away

Now let's look at your two versions

Originally Posted by The Barbarian
In this version you have the "Do you have a problem with that? as part of the response to the question. The "Do you have a problem with that? was in response to the head shake.

Originally Posted by The Barbarian
You first quote doesn't "only add that Clarke was belligerent in his response." You pulled that out of thin air. Clarke's question was in response to the head shake.

Let me make a brief PSA here on how to act in public since people seem to be struggling with that.
A. Are you Sheriff Clarke?
B. Clarke Affirms
C. Hey I'm a Twitter/Facebook/Instagram follower, can I shake your hand/take a selfie with you/have you baby?

Notice shaking your head is not up there in response to if he's Sheriff Clarke or not. Because he is Sheriff Clarke.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
BBGphvv.img

With the Alabama Senate election over, why hasn't Judge Roy Moore filed a number of defamation suits against those women who accused him of inappropriate conduct when they were in their teens?

The answer revolves around the same reason as to why "The Donald" has failed to follow through on his threat to sue all the women who accused him of similar behaviour following the "Access Hollywood" tape!

Initiating such legal actions would allow the defence to examine the sexual histories of both Moore and Trump for the past 50 years - something that no responsible lawyer would allow these particular clients to avoid, like the plague!

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
BBGphvv.img

With the Alabama Senate election over, why hasn't Judge Roy Moore filed a number of defamation suits against those women who accused him of inappropriate conduct when they were in their teens?
Because the person who files a suit first is usually hiding something. Corfman in a fit of moronus, thinks she can clear her name by lying in court. Moore is not scared.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
186124_600.jpg

Because the person who files a suit first is usually hiding something. Corfman in a fit of moronus, thinks she can clear her name by lying in court. Moore is not scared.
If Moore and Trump aren't scared that they have nothing to hide, then both would be filing defamation suits to clear their reputations!

The reality is that they both know that their past sexual histories could never stand up to the glare of intense public scrutiny - and now everybody knows it!

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
So I took another look.

While boarding, Black saw a man that looked like Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, wearing Dallas Cowboys gear. Black asked the man if he was Sheriff Clarke, and Clarke responded that he was. Black then moved towards the rear of the plane and shook his head. Sheriff Clarke then asked Black if he had a problem. Black shook his head no, and took a seat in the rear of the plane. The suit says there was no interaction between Black and Clarke during the flight.

So there you are. BTW, Black later said he shook his head because Clarke was wearing Dallas Cowboys gear and he was from Packer country. Apparently, he also shook his head when Clarke got hostile and said "do you have a problem with that?"

Go back and look. What I said, and what the news story said are true and compatible with each other.

No matter how you shake it, Clarke comes off as an insecure, thin-skinned bully, who never imagined that his abuse of power would come back to haunt him.

Now, it's likely to cost him a great deal of money. Might have cost him his job after the DOJ investigation concluded he might have committed a felony in the process.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
BBGphvv.img
Initiating such legal actions would allow the defence to examine the sexual histories of both Moore and Trump for the past 50 years - something that no responsible lawyer would allow these particular clients to avoid, like the plague!

Yep. But in Trump's case at least, that's not going away:

While allegations of sexual misconduct against powerful men in recent weeks have drawn wide public support and prompted quick response, women who came forward during the presidential race with accusations against Donald J. Trump said they spent the past year feeling dismissed and forgotten.

“With Trump, it was all brushed under the rug,” said Temple Taggart, who claimed Mr. Trump kissed her on the mouth when she was competing in his Miss USA pageant in 1997.

But that could change if a defamation lawsuit brought by a woman who accused Mr. Trump of unwanted sexual advances is allowed to proceed in New York State Supreme Court, a legal ruling that could come before the end of the year. Lawyers in the suit sought a subpoena seeking all Trump campaign records related to his female accusers. If the case advances, the accusers could be deposed, going up against Mr. Trump yet again.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/01/...feel-forgotten-a-lawsuit-may-change-that.html

fool

Hall of Fame
So, for some closure to the Sheriff Clarke aside;
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...riff-david-clarke-lawsuit-20180122-story.html
Jury finds ex-Milwaukee Co. Sheriff David Clarke did not violate man's free speech with taunting Facebook posts
And the Judge earlier threw out the rest of the suit;
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...riff-david-clarke-lawsuit-20180106-story.html
A federal judge on Friday dismissed most claims against former Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke that were levied by a man detained at an airport after he shook his head at the provocative lawman during a flight.
But the judge agreed to allow Daniel Black to pursue his lawsuit's claim that centers on a Facebook post Clarke made calling Black a "snowflake" and suggesting harm. Black argues the post was a retaliatory threat intended to deter free speech.
In the ruling, Judge J.P. Stadtmueller said Clarke's directive for his deputies to detain Black wasn't an unconstitutional search and seizure because Black spoke to deputies voluntarily and described them as "kind" during the encounter.

So Clarke is clean on all that.

Derf

“With Trump, it was all brushed under the rug,” said Temple Taggart, who claimed Mr. Trump kissed her on the mouth when she was competing in his Miss USA pageant in 1997.
Do you remember the original host of Family Feud? It was Richard Dawson (who had played Corporal Newkirk on the Hogan's Heroes sitcom). He used to kiss all the girls on the mouth when it was their turn to play the Feud. It always bothered me to see him do that. We actually had a family in our church that made it onto the show, and I was wondering if they would let him get away with kissing the wife and/or daughters. If I remember correctly, he didn't kiss them. I didn't ever hear the back-story, as to whether he tried and they told him off, or if he was gentlemanly and asked up front if it was ok.

It didn't seem to hurt them in the game--they won the biggest winnings of any family to that point (sometime in the 1980s).

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
So, for some closure to the Sheriff Clarke aside;
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...riff-david-clarke-lawsuit-20180122-story.html

And the Judge earlier threw out the rest of the suit;
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...riff-david-clarke-lawsuit-20180106-story.html

If the deputies did not do what Clarke told them,and didn't detain the man, they did Clarke a huge favor.

The discovered text indicates that Clarke ordered Black be detained for a field interview. It matters because case law requires a "reasonable articulable suspicion", that the subject has committed a crime, is about to commit a crime, or is in the process of committing a crime, if he is to be detained.

So Clarke is clean on all that.

Except for his butt-hurt threats against Black. The Court let that stand. Kind of poetic justice that his mouth put him in the box.