Roy Moore, OJ Simpson, And why I don't believe you.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You don't have to time travel to accuse someone of doing something wrong 35 years ago.
That sort of talk was going on about Roy back in the day. But at that time people didn't make hay with it. This was pre Gary Hart. The creepy factor wasn't a recent invention, though people outside of our state had less reason to know about it, if any.

Derf

That sort of talk was going on about Roy back in the day. But at that time people didn't make hay with it. This was pre Gary Hart. The creepy factor wasn't a recent invention, though people outside of our state had less reason to know about it, if any.

You heard talk of Roy Moore having sex with a 14 year old 35 years ago?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You heard talk of Roy Moore having sex with a 14 year old 35 years ago?
Is that what I said? You can try to do what you just did or understand someone from his state, familiar with his background and reputation, is telling you something about the man that doesn't appear to be what you're inclined to hear.

Completely up to you. :e4e:

Arthur Brain

The Left set up Roy Moore.

Oh, please. He lost the vote by a staggering margin and nobody "set him up". He had ample opportunity to address any "smears" and instead, went to ground effectively and didn't bother to publicly campaign to any extent until pretending he could ride a horse into town on election day. His team certainly didn't help to be fair but that wasn't the "lefts" fault.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Oh, please. He lost the vote by a staggering margin and nobody "set him up". He had ample opportunity to address any "smears" and instead, went to ground effectively and didn't bother to publicly campaign to any extent until pretending he could ride a horse into town on election day. His team certainly didn't help to be fair but that wasn't the "lefts" fault.

I think he could win a libel suit against the media. He may be negotiating for another run.

Derf

Is that what I said? You can try to do what you just did or understand someone from his state, familiar with his background and reputation, is telling you something about the man that doesn't appear to be what you're inclined to hear.

Completely up to you. :e4e:
. Just trying to figure out how you're familiar with his background and reputation. And whether your source is valid. His reputation seemed to be in pretty good shape prior to this special election. Especially if he could win the Supreme Court position a second time after being removed from office the first time.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

I think he could win a libel suit against the media. He may be negotiating for another run.

you do know that artie isn't american, right?

you're arguing with an english moron about american politics and american law

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

Well, excuse me.:)

Eh, you're excused. :)

Moore wouldn't have a cat in hells chance of winning even a libel case or another run at office. He'd be better off investing in riding lessons. Don't need to be American to see how much of an inept clown he and his team were at running his last campaign.

Last edited:

ok doser

... Don't need to be American to (search the internet and make one's own judgements about the effectiveness of) his last campaign.

that's true of course, but it calls into question your bias, the reasons for your interest, the quality of your conclusions

it would be the same if i claimed to have an informed opinion on the politics of Jon Ashworth, for example, or any other british MP from a similarly backward area, and discussed them with a vigor suggesting a personal interest

ok doser

Moore wouldn't have a cat in hells chance of winning even a libel case...

because you're an expert on the nuances of the potential case, because you've studied the evidence and the pertinent law?

or because you have a strong emotional feeling about the man, his politics, his religious beliefs and thus are conflating emotion driven opinion with fact based reasoned argumentation?

i suspect the latter

Last edited:

ok doser

The Left set up Roy Moore.

Oh, please. He lost the vote by a staggering margin ...

perhaps you really don't know what you're talking about :think:

2017 United States Senate special election in Alabama
Nominee Doug Jones Roy Moore
Party Democratic Republican
Popular vote 673,896 651,972
Percentage 50.0% 48.3%

1.7% (21,924 votes) doesn't qualify as "staggering" in my book

Well, excuse me.:)

this is the challenge of having a discussion with artie about this sort of thing - he really doesn't know what he's talking about

which doesn't stop him one whit from pretending he does

musterion

perhaps you really don't know what you're talking about :think:

2017 United States Senate special election in Alabama
Nominee Doug Jones Roy Moore
Party Democratic Republican
Popular vote 673,896 651,972
Percentage 50.0% 48.3%

1.7% (21,924 votes) doesn't qualify as "staggering" in my book

And as we all know, winning the popular vote is the end of the story. Right, lefties? Right?

ok doser

Roy Moore sues 4 women who have accused him of inappropriate behavior: https://www.ajc.com/news/national/r...nappropriate-behavior/BOmXz2WXie2xyi9uqSJQ1M/

Moore's suit claims conspiracy to defame

defamation is easy to prove, at least the damages aspect

any idea what the burden of proof is for the conspiracy part?

meanwhile, Corfman files a defamation suit against Moore, that would hinge, i think, on the veracity of her claim that he assaulted her in 1979 when she was 14

can she prove her 40 year old claim?