Roy Moore, OJ Simpson, And why I don't believe you.

rexlunae

Where do I not have a problem with that?

I don't hear you piping up about it. You seem to be defending him. Maybe I missed it.

Just to remind everyone I'm an Atheist and have stated in this very thread that Moore is a Bible thumping Homophobe who can't seem to restrain himself from putting the Ten Commandments every where.

That's great. So, why are you defending him?

Did you have a point in asking that Rex? Are you trying to say that you're like Moore?

The point is, your objection is silly. Yeah, many of these relationships are scummy rather than illegal. But they aren't all legal, for whatever difference that makes. The fact that you can call them unproven repeatedly misunderstands both the nature of the accusations and the sort of forum that the election represents.

Criticize all you want but what are you criticizing? Unproven allegations? Unsupported allegations?

You say that as if the allegations are dubious.

I'm not sure what kind of proof you expect there to be. These are old cases, and no charges are likely to be forthcoming, and no lawsuits are likely to be possible. You have to look at the totality of what's come out so far and make a judgement. There was a point where even the most ardent Republican apologists were pretty well convinced that he was guilty. Sean Hannity called him out. Even now, several prominent state Republicans, including Alabama's other Senator have disavowed him.

Did you see Hannity's interview of Moore, and Moore's non-denial deflection? There couldn't have been a more favorable interview, and he couldn't clear that bar.

Is Congress going to open a Taste Committee to investigate Untasteful actions? You're only going to not seat him if you can find something Illegal.

I don't know. That's a problem for Republican leadership. I don't envy the choice they may be facing.

Has anyone subpoenaed the 14 year olds phone records yet?

Phone records from 40 years ago? That's not likely to exist, and it would require that there be some sort of open criminal case. What more evidence do you need?

It's no great act of courage for the Democrats to be on the right side here. But that's still preferable to holding your nose and voting for evil.

WizardofOz

So, 700,000 people have no rep in the House because he was a scumbag?
How about transcending transgressions?
His votes on the budget or anything else don't have anything to do with him harassing his staff.

Michigan still has 13 representatives. I think Washington will survive with a few less politicians.
Most the time Conyers didn't show up to vote anyway.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) have been absent from the most votes in their respective chambers, according to a new analysis by Vocativ in partnership with GovTrack.us.

It doesn't sound like the 13th district really had much representation to begin with. :idunno:

WizardofOz

Alabama Special Senate Election Results
Roy Moore (R)
54.1%
Doug Jones (D)
44.3%
Write-in
1.3%
Source: PROVISIONAL RESULTS: 9 of 67 counties reporting Created with Datawrapper

fool

Hall of Fame
Perhaps ephebophilia is the term that describes Moore's alleged behavior in his early 30s best.

Roy Moore was an Attorney, At the Da's Office. I think he knew where the line was.
If he stepped over the line then you have something even if it's old.
Rather than say how bad Roy Moore is perhaps we should look at how bad our laws are.

rexlunae

Roy Moore was an Attorney, At the Da's Office. I think he knew where the line was.

He also reportedly knew that, him being the DA, and his victim being a teenaged girl, no one would believe her. But I suppose you don't credit that report either.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I doubt it. Where are you getting that from? It's far from over.
FOX said Jones is leading several times but the numbers at the bottom showed Moore ahead. I kept looking and wondering why they kept saying. They also said the NY Times says Jones has 73% chance of winning.

rexlunae

FOX said Jones is leading several times but the numbers at the bottom showed Moore ahead. I kept looking and wondering why they kept saying. They also said the NY Times says Jones has 73% chance of winning.

It's gone back and forth several times as more precincts report. They must not be keeping people on screen up to date on the same schedule as people writing the scroll.

WizardofOz

Alabama US Senate General Election
Candidate Percent Votes
Doug Jones (Democratic) 49.3% 524,548
Roy S Moore (Republican) 49.2% 523,351
Write-In (Write-in) 1.5% 16,324

Live Results

Seems to be more up to date. I couldn't find MSNBC link to live results.