Roy Moore, OJ Simpson, And why I don't believe you.

jeffblue101

Maybe, but look what else it cost. We now have the GOP and Donald Trump on record supporting this horrible man. That's political capital you can't unspend. Even in his own party, things are now going to get harder for Trump.

I really doubt that will happen. two years from now most voters will only care about tax reform, healthcare, and social issues rather than who sopported roy moore.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
The good news for you is that you won't have a Senator Yosemite Sam to keep embarrassing his party. But that's about it. Otherwise, the GOP civil war continues to be a loss for the party, and the dreaded establishment is winning.
A civil war Bannon can't even benefit from.

rexlunae said:
That's still where you'll make your last stand. May this finally be the last we hear from Roy Moore.
What makes you think the Republican Party makes its in the SouthEast instead of the Midwest, and SouthWest? Bannon's last stand will be when Rand Paul destroys his boy Ted Cruz. Rand will persist for a long long time in the Senate; he isn't in the deep of the SouthEast.

jeffblue101

Donald J. Trump‏

Congratulations to Doug Jones on a hard fought victory. The write-in votes played a very big factor, but a win is a win. The people of Alabama are great, and the Republicans will have another shot at this seat in a very short period of time. It never ends!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
looking at the data it looks like a lot of Republicans stayed home for this one

Moore's message, which we in Alabama, have heard over and over, just does not resonate with the majority in Alabama, as it did in the 60s, and 70s.

While true, the mid-state, or black belt rural counties have majority blacks and these Democrat voters come in last, have had higher than average voter turnout.

It is also true, besides the sex allegations, more younger persons of both races, did not care so much for Moore's message of war building. Young people all over are more liberal today. Roy Moore is out of touch, so his sexual accusations were only part of why he lost.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Moore's message, which we in Alabama, have heard over and over, just does not resonate with the majority in Alabama, as it did in the 60s, and 70s.
It still would have been fun to watch him annoy Mitch McConnell.

While true, the mid-state, or black belt rural counties have majority blacks and these Democrat voters come in last, have had higher than average.
Even as a republican, I know poor districts and minorities have liberal democratic needs.

It is also true, besides the sex allegations, more younger person of both races, did not care so much for Moore;s message of war building. Young people all over are more liberal today. Roy Moore is out of touch, so his sexual accusations were only part of why he lost.
Roy Moore has other baggage, like not understanding moderate Muslims; being stubborn; being weird etc etc.

jeffblue101

While true, the mid-state, or black belt rural counties have majority blacks and these Democrat voters come in last, have had higher than average.

It is also true, besides the sex allegations, more younger person of both races, did not care so much for Moore;s message of war building. Young people all over are more liberal today. Roy Moore is out of touch, so his sexual accusations were only part of why he lost.

I completely disagree, the only reason Moore lost is becasue of the WAPO arcticle. he underperformed in areas where Trump won by large margins. this would have been a cake walk for any other rebulican but Moore.

jeffblue101

MATT DRUDGE

@DRUDGE
Luther Strange would have won in a landslide... Just too much crazy in nerve racking times. There IS a limit!

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Luther Strange would have been like electing a liberal Democrat in the SouthEast. As liberal as New England republicans are; they understand the welfare state and how to reform [it]. I have suspected southeastern republicans are worse. I think they are.

Last edited:

drbrumley

I completlelty disagree, the only reason Moore lost is becasue of the WAPO arcticle. he underperformed in areas where Trump won by large margins. this would have been a cake walk for any other rebulican but Moore.

I agree with this....

he was on the defensive once he beat neocon Strange. too much time dealing with his "baggage" as someone put it.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I complexity disagree, the only reason Moore lost is because of the WAPO article. he under performed in areas where Trump won by large margins. this would have been a cake walk for any other Republican but Moore.

Roy Moore also lost because he is too much a redneck cracker. Doug Jones came off more modern and sane, and he was able to face us on TV and refute he was against the 2nd Amendment and could work well with Shelby.

Moore was more trouble and even the Republicans disliked him. The old judge is every bit a bigot. Now he refused to admit defeat and it is reported his campaign people are praying for his earthly redemption. What a hoax!

rexlunae

Donald J. Trump‏

Congratulations to Doug Jones on a hard fought victory. The write-in votes played a very big factor, but a win is a win. The people of Alabama are great, and the Republicans will have another shot at this seat in a very short period of time. It never ends!

It's a near miracle. Donald Trump figures out how to be gracious. He's a bit wrong about one thing, though. That seat won't come up for an election until 2020. We've got at least 2 years of Senator Doug Jones.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Is there any other kind?

I think so, but Roy Moore is the worst of old social conservatives, good ole boy bigots.

As to Trump Lindsy Graham said he was crazy, but not anymore, but Bob Corker said Trump is unstable. Now Trump, now not likening Rex Tillerson, wants to make Bob Corker secretary of state.

All I can say is we have a big mess in Washington and nobody seems to know how to fix it?

Be careful of your investments after the new year

goodnight