Robin Williams commits suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Brain

And you and he will spend eternity together pissed off even more that you both rejected the God who died for both of you.

You aren't the judge of anyone, as much as you'd probably like to be. Your arrogance and ignorance in regards to the utterly debilitating condition of depression would be almost laughable if it wasn't so serious. You're just another armchair "expert" who hasn't got a bloody clue what he's talking about.

Once again, RIP Robin Williams. May his family and loved ones be comforted at this tragic time.

S0ZO

R. W. is not a member here, but I am, and I have a question which is way deeper than easy suicide. Until I know more there is a possibility I may have liver cancer, and no, I will not take chemo therapy, or radiation.

here is is again:
You have cancer, severe malignant cancer, painful beyond imagination cancer! Now the physician says that the dope will numb the pain, but for relief the dose will shorten your life. Now, what I want to know is, do you take the lower amount of dope, no dope, or the highest amount of dope?
Everyone is terminal, and we all do things that most likely shorten our lifespan. No one perfectly exposes themselves to those things that prolong it.

Also, physical pain is quite different than emotional pain. We can all change our mind.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You aren't the judge of anyone..........

Once again, RIP Robin Williams. May his family and loved ones be comforted at this tragic time.
OK, I respect that. Now you have good sense, I see it often so, why not tell me what you would do given what I posted.
"You have cancer, severe malignant cancer, painful beyond imagination cancer! Now the physician says that the dope will numb the pain, but for relief the dose will shorten your life. Now, what I want to know is, do you take the lower amount of dope, no dope, or the highest amount of dope?"

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You do not see my point. I am doing what you are afraid to do, ask other members their honest opinion.

Everyone seems to quick to judge RW. You are disregarding what they are saying.

And you are mocking me because I don't agree with them.

Your faith is superficial, lady.

S0ZO

You aren't the judge of anyone, as much as you'd probably like to be.
Yes, I am. I can and do judge what people say they believe. In fact, God asks us to judge what others say they believe.
Your arrogance and ignorance in regards to the utterly debilitating condition of depression would be almost laughable if it wasn't so serious.
I know what I'm talking about, you don't, and that is why you have no response to the fact that depression is not an illness. It is an emotion. People are counselled out of depression. No one is counselled out of diabetes. You're a moron, and between you and I, I am the only one who has a "clue". :loser:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I am. I can and do judge what people say they believe. In fact, God asks us to judge what others say they believe. I know what I'm talking about, you don't, and that is why you have no response to the fact that depression is not an illness. It is an emotion. People are counselled out of depression. No one is counselled out of diabetes. You're a moron, and between you and I, I am the only one who has a "clue". :loser:

I pity your faith.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Everyone is terminal, and we all do things that most likely shorten our lifespan. No one perfectly exposes themselves to those things that prolong it.

Also, physical pain is quite different than emotional pain. We can all change our mind.

Then if the pain is driving me to near want of end, have I failed?

S0ZO

I pity your faith.
I'm sure you do.

You don't even believe in the God of the Bible.
You think emotions are diseases.
You're a flake, and everyone here knows it, but you.

You have no hope.
You have no sense.
You cannot reason.
You cannot communicate effectively with anyone.
Your worship a goat god.
Your hat is ugly.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'm sure you do.

You don't even believe in the God of the Bible.
You think emotions are diseases.
You're a flake, and everyone here knows it, but you.

You have no hope.
You have no sense.
You cannot reason.
You cannot communicate effectively with anyone.
Your worship a goat god.
Your hat is ugly.

this is your traditional and corrupt faith. It is not of Jesus.

Your Lord is not Jesus but your organization.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You aren't the judge of anyone, as much as you'd probably like to be. Your arrogance and ignorance in regards to the utterly debilitating condition of depression would be almost laughable if it wasn't so serious. You're just another armchair "expert" who hasn't got a bloody clue what he's talking about.

Well said.

No one knows the mind of one driven to take his own life, knows the depths of his pain. In most of the many photos I've seen of him since the news broke, his eyes look so very sad. Who knows how long he struggled to stay afloat, what heroic efforts he made? I don't see him as a coward, I see him as a child of God just trying to survive, until he just couldn't do it any more.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Well said.

No one knows the mind of one driven to take his own life, knows the depths of his pain. In most of the many photos I've seen of him since the news broke, his eyes look so very sad. Who knows how long he struggled to stay afloat, what heroic efforts he made? I don't see him as a coward, I see him as a child of God just trying to survive, until he just couldn't do it any more.

that's Christian attitude.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You have to take everyone I say so nasty way.

You are bitter lady.

You faith is superficial.

You are superficial and selfish in your little emotional pity, "oh poor me, give me all your attention!"

I have real concerns, not silly thought processes. Imagine being physically butchered, set to fire, now I hear cancer may hurt as much!

Now according to you, the thought to live needs not to be considered. You have not the integrity to live life healthy; you would pull the kill dope switch as soon as that pain was ten fold any mental pain you ever known.

It will not be so easy with me.

Arthur Brain

OK, I respect that. Now you have good sense, I see it often so, why not tell me what you would do given what I posted.
"You have cancer, severe malignant cancer, painful beyond imagination cancer! Now the physician says that the dope will numb the pain, but for relief the dose will shorten your life. Now, what I want to know is, do you take the lower amount of dope, no dope, or the highest amount of dope?"

:think:

I'd take the amount necessary where it was tolerable and possible to function. There's no way I'd take none if the pain was so extreme so even if it required a pretty high dose to achieve the above it's what I'd plump for.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You are superficial and selfish in your little emotional pity, "oh poor me, give me all your attention!"

I have real concerns, not silly thought processes. Imagine being physically butchered, set to fire, now I hear cancer may hurt as much!

Now according to you, the thought to live needs not to be considered. You have not the integrity to live life healthy; you would pull the kill dope switch as soon as that pain was ten fold any mental pain you ever known.

It will not be so easy with me.

Like I said, you are judgmental and bitter lady.

I pity you.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Emotional pain?

Depends. Not all emotions are self-inflicted.

That is what I wonder, is it just, call it mental pain, pain is registered in the brain, so, being part of my thinking, why not try to beat that pain mentally?

If disease is going to take me out some day, why not fight it with all of me, not doped out?

Arthur Brain

Yes, I am. I can and do judge what people say they believe. In fact, God asks us to judge what others say they believe. I know what I'm talking about, you don't, and that is why you have no response to the fact that depression is not an illness. It is an emotion. People are counselled out of depression. No one is counselled out of diabetes. You're a moron, and between you and I, I am the only one who has a "clue". :loser:

Your 'judgements' of people mean absolutely squat. You don't know what goes on within a person any more than I do so your puerile comments about others' 'eternal fate' is nowt more than arrogant and malicious bluster frankly.

You're nothing more than an armchair blowhard where it comes to any sort of mental illness. Your insistence that there's no such thing is simply the height of ignorance. I know someone who's schizophrenic and without medication he simply cannot function or even recognize reality. When he came off his meds he was sectioned under the mental health act for a month at a psychiatric hospital. Thankfully he was helped and put back on the same medication that alleviated his condition, which he'll have for life. Under your "reasoning" he isn't even ill...

Not once will I ever decry counselling for depression, but if you think everyone can get counselled out of it then you once again simply show a complete ignorance of a topic you clearly know nothing about and just want to declare sans support. You have no clue whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.