Robin Williams commits suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Brain

Yes, and right now it is just a polyp on a test; I have liver worsting, which does not scare me, but cancer does. :help:

I think it best to be doing, some years back, I was more sick than now, then I felt the big difference between healthy and going down to no energy, now I make due with it because there is nothing else to do but give up.

I find coke, like in a can, not girl/snow/ blow helps as much as a pain pill.

I think you're too strong to give up even if it came to needing meds. :)

S0ZO

You wouldn't consider anyone's point of view that differs with your own.
Actually, there are plenty of well known psychiatrists, psychologists, and medical professionals who completely share the same view I do. They are exposing their professions as the hoaxes they are.

journey

Actually, there are plenty of well known psychiatrists, psychologists, and medical professionals who completely share the same view I do. They are exposing their professions as the hoaxes they are.

If they claim that depression isn't a real ILLNESS, they would be quacks.

eameece

There's a middle ground here. Depression isn't entirely physical. We can bring ourselves down with worry, and it gets programmed into our body. Our genetic inheritance affects us. But we worry and suffer because life is hard, and we have not learned how to deal with rejection, loss and defeat. Addiction and craving is hard to break. Mental illness is not a stigma, even if and when it's not a disease. Most of us are not as wise as Jesus or Buddha. That's why they came; to teach us.

But I wish Robin had not made this decision. He had a lot to live for, and we will miss him.

Last edited:

S0ZO

If they claim that depression isn't a real ILLNESS, they would be quacks.

Please share just one autopsy report or one blood test that reveals the "illness" of depression. You can't, and you're an idiot to think you can.

Depression is an emotion that is subject to what you think or believe. Thoughts and beliefs are not diseases or illnesses, but morons who worship "science" and not God, have naively drank the koolaid.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You have been judgmental about RW. I don't think you friend, Freelight, will agree with you.

Judgmental? I'm a recovering addict myself, 29+ years of continuous sobriety and clean time, I've been to thousands of 12 step meetings. Thoughts of suicide are familiar to me when I'm feeling sorry for myself........but then I go to Golgotha, stand at the foot of the cross and tell Jesus how hard my path is.....oh, never mind :granite:

I'm frankly mad at RW for leaving the program, destroying himself and hurting others all due to the black hole of self centeredness that IS the addictive personality!!!

This is a direct quote from the book "Alcoholics Anonymous" that was written in 1934 and has saved millions of drunks, addicts, sex addicts, food addicts, gambling addicts etc from self destruction:

"Selfishness-self-centeredness! That, we think, is the root of our troubles. Driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity, we step on the toes of our fellows and they retaliate. Sometimes they hurt us, seemingly without provocation, but we invariably find that at some time in the past we have made decisions based on self which later placed us in a position to be hurt.

So our troubles, we think, are basically of our own making. They arise out of ourselves, and the alcoholic is an extreme example of self-will run riot, though he usually doesn't think so. Above everything, we alcoholics must be rid of this selfishness. We must, or it kills us! God makes that possible. And there often seems no way of entirely getting rid of self without His aid. Many of us had moral and philosophical convictions galore, but we could not live up to them even though we would have liked to. Neither could we reduce our self-centeredness much by wishing or trying on our own power. We had to have God's help.

This is the how and the why of it. First of all, we had to quit playing God. It didn't work. Next, we decided that hereafter in this drama of life, God was going to be our Director. He is the Principal; we are His agents. He is the Father, and we are His children. Most Good ideas are simple, and this concept was the keystone of the new and triumphant arch through which we passed to freedom."​

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Judgmental? I'm a recovering addict myself, 29+ years of continuous sobriety and clean time, I've been to thousands of 12 step meetings. Thoughts of suicide are familiar to me when I'm feeling sorry for myself........but then I go to Golgotha, stand at the foot of the cross and tell Jesus how hard my path is.....oh, never mind :granite:

I'm frankly mad at RW for leaving the program, destroying himself and hurting others all due to the black hole of self centeredness that IS the addictive personality!!!

This is a direct quote from the book "Alcoholics Anonymous" that was written in 1934 and has saved millions of drunks, addicts, sex addicts, food addicts, gambling addicts etc from self destruction:

"Selfishness-self-centeredness! That, we think, is the root of our troubles. Driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity, we step on the toes of our fellows and they retaliate. Sometimes they hurt us, seemingly without provocation, but we invariably find that at some time in the past we have made decisions based on self which later placed us in a position to be hurt.

So our troubles, we think, are basically of our own making. They arise out of ourselves, and the alcoholic is an extreme example of self-will run riot, though he usually doesn't think so. Above everything, we alcoholics must be rid of this selfishness. We must, or it kills us! God makes that possible. And there often seems no way of entirely getting rid of self without His aid. Many of us had moral and philosophical convictions galore, but we could not live up to them even though we would have liked to. Neither could we reduce our self-centeredness much by wishing or trying on our own power. We had to have God's help.

This is the how and the why of it. First of all, we had to quit playing God. It didn't work. Next, we decided that hereafter in this drama of life, God was going to be our Director. He is the Principal; we are His agents. He is the Father, and we are His children. Most Good ideas are simple, and this concept was the keystone of the new and triumphant arch through which we passed to freedom."​

Just because you have been through does not mean he was the same state of mind like yours. You don't know inside of him. Jesus would not approve of arrogant attitude like yours.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Just because you have been through does not mean he was the same state of mind like yours. You don't know inside of him. Jesus would not approve of arrogant attitude like yours.

No matter what state of mind a person is in, killing yourself is not the solution to anything. We aren't supposed to commit suicide Meshak. This is about >your< approval more than Jesus'

PureX

Excellent post!

I think a lot of folks don't fully understand that spiritual illness (sin) and physical illness are often intertwined. And I think this is especially true when we're talking about a malady like addiction.

Just to use myself as an example, I believe I was born with a genetic predisposition to become alcoholic. But to define exactly how that predisposition manifested in me, I would have to describe what I would call 'spiritual shortcomings'; like an intense self-centeredness that caused me to be always very uncomfortable in my own skin. And an intense ego-centrism that caused me to think and expect far too much of myself, leading to a constant sense of hidden and innate failure. And I know these characteristics are common among addicts and alcoholics. And then add to that the fact that certain euphoria producing chemicals have an especially strong effect on some people, like me, and it makes for a very powerful 1-2 punch in favor of the excessive use of those chemicals once we get access to them. And that's the doorway to an addiction.

I was not born a drunk. But I became one because everything about me, and in me, had set me up to do so. The first time I drank alcohol I thought I'd found a magical elixir that was able to finally relieve me of myself! And all I wanted from that moment on was to drink more of it and all the time. It became my primary quest.

I was 12 years old at the time. Not exactly an age of reason, with the power to deny myself such an intensely euphoric experience based on threats of 'sin' or addiction. And by the time I was old enough to appreciate the validity of those threats, it was too late.

Addiction preys on a distorted sense of self, by relieving it temporarily. But in doing so, over time, it distorts it even further. And this process is biological as well as habitual, and psychological. Sin is a spiritual illness. Obsessive self-destructive behavior is a psychological illness. And chemical addiction/abuse is a physical illness.

Alcohol and drug addictions are comprised of all three. Which is why most addict/alcoholics will die in and of their addiction. As did Robin Williams.

fzappa13

I was never much impressed with the hyperactive Robin Williams. He did have an astonishingly quick wit, but his delivery was annoying.

Cocaine will do that for ya ...

For that sort of lightening fast ad-libbing I preferred his mentor, Jonathan Winters. And it was mostly because as fast as his mind was, his delivery was relaxed.

Another troubled soul ... I am beginning to think that most comedians are self medicating in a way.

Arthur Brain

All in one post. You are a :loser: and that is all you will ever be.

So there.

As long as I don't turn into a person who lacks any sort of compassion, understanding and empathy then I can live with whatever stupid label you wanna ascribe Nick. As much as I loathe folk who lack the aforementioned I'd never wish or take glee in the prospect of their suffering as they themselves do. You say 'let me be accursed' in your neg. I won't return in kind. I'd sooner you just grew up.

Status
Not open for further replies.