Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

john w

Hall of Fame
What "type of objective law" are you talking about? Where can it be found?

Tell us why you assert that Christ died to make void, destroy, His own holy, good, spiritual law of God, and how that saves us, and where, in the OT, does it expound, how his dying, is needed, affected, our salvation, and why He did not die for our sins, per 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, and why you reject the both OT/NT doctrines of substitution, propitiation, reconciliation, atonement, identification.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tell us why you assert that Christ died to make void, destroy, His own holy, good, spiritual law of God,

Because it was a law of sin and death.

(Rom 8:2 KJV) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Paul tells how the new law in Christ Jesus has set him free from the law of sin and death.

Yet, for some reason, you still want the law of sin and death in your life.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are a master of CONFLATION.

Paul's words, not mine.

Paul was a minister of the New Covenant, and Paul understood that it was the spirit that gives life, and the law written in stone that gave death.

Yet, you deny the New Covenant is in place, and claim the law written in stone that kills is still in place.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
why you reject the both OT/NT doctrines of substitution, propitiation, reconciliation, atonement, identification.

All things point to Christ.

Everything the Levitical priests did was temporary until Christ came and fulfilled the law and prophets.

Right Divider

Body part
Paul's words, not mine.

Paul was a minister of the New Covenant, and Paul understood that it was the spirit that gives life, and the law written in stone that gave death.

Yet, you deny the New Covenant is in place, and claim the law written in stone that kills is still in place.
Paul is talking about the new testament and NOT the new covenant per Israel.

(I already know that you will object to that, but it's still true).

Right Divider

Body part
The New Covenant and New Testament are the same thing.

No one disputes this except some Dispensationalists.
No, they are not.

The new covenant .... per CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS scripture is between the SAME TWO parties as the old.

No one disputes this except some spiritualizers and most of "Churchianity".

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When was Zechariah 14 fulfilled?

In the first century.

Example:

(Zech 14:8) On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half of it east to the Dead Sea and half of it west to the Mediterranean Sea, in summer and in winter.

(John 7:38-39) Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” 39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

john w

Hall of Fame

I don't deny that Christ died for our sins. Christ Jesus died for all sins, all time.

No, you lied-He cannot die for sins, as sin is defined as the transgression of the law, which you, ON RECORD, assert was made void 2000+ years ago, at the cross.
I deny that the Law of Moses is still in place.

Thus, you deny that Christ died for our sins, as, no, you deny that the law of Moses, deny that God's holy, spiritual law exists, as it was made void, so that there is no sin debt, for which He might die. And shuck your made up term, "in place." It has to exist, to even have a possibility of it not "being in place."You assert that it no longer exists,and that is a lie. What is your motivation for lying?

Dartman

Was speaking of those that believe those things do not apply for them the body of Christ to do...they are MAD

Mid Acts Dispensensationals

They think Zionist Israel has its own way into heaven and the body of Christ has their seperate way..
Neither one are "going to heaven", Jesus is coming back, and while he is descending,he is going to resurrect the righteous dead, and change the righteous living, as immortals. They will then accompany Jesus, as kings and priests, to literally reign on the earth for 1,000 years (Rev 20, 1 Thes 4, 1 Cor 15) .

clefty said:
... and they don’t need things like covenants laws or baptisms or lords suppers etc et al

Love is all you need...grace alone...then do what thou whilst...once saved always saved or something from something or
Are you saying "THEY" believe this? Or, do you believe this?

Right Divider

Body part
In the first century.

Example:

(Zech 14:8) On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half of it east to the Dead Sea and half of it west to the Mediterranean Sea, in summer and in winter.

(John 7:38-39) Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” 39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.
You are the ultimate cherry-picker.

Zechariah 14:8 refers to LITERAL water flowing to the DEAD SEA and to the MEDITERRANEAN (in SUMMER and in WINTER).

John 7:38 is FIGURATIVE as explained CLEARLY in John 7:39.

Once again, you are a conflating deceiver.

john w

Hall of Fame
Because it was a law of sin and death.

(Rom 8:2 KJV) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Paul tells how the new law in Christ Jesus has set him free from the law of sin and death.

So , he again asserts that Christ did not die to pay that penalty, of breaking His law, and taking the resulting "sin and death" in our place, its' condemnation/judgment; His solution is to destroy, make void the law, so that there is no condemnation/judgment/sin debt, for which Christ might die.

Set free from its judgment/judgment, clown, meaning it still exists, by definition, BECAUSE HE TOOK THAT CONDEMNATION,JUDGMENT, in our place, i.e., substitution/identification, not because the law no longer exists, and thus it cannot condemn/judge anyone-that is from the pits of hell, and makes void Christ's death to pay our sin debt, Him taking the just condemnation/judgment in our stead.

No-Christ took that upon Himself. You deny that, and make a false dichotomy, that if the law is not destroyed, we are "under" it, it rules our life,and subject to it's automatic condemnation, so we must eliminate it, so that there is no condemnation. No,we are dead to the law, meaning it still exists, as it is not dead to us, but there is no condemnation, for those that are in Christ, not because the law that condemns no longer exists; Nea, it exists, but Christ took he judgment/condemnation in our place, paying the IOU, sin debt, for breaking His good, FOR EVER EXISTING, just law-JUSTICE SERVED.

That is the good news. Implicit in "good news" is that there is " bad news," that being we are all "guilty as charged" for breaking, by definition, an existing holy law of God.

You deny that. You lie. What is your motivation?

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
to literally reign on the earth for 1,000 years (Rev 20,

First off nowhere does it say anything about literally reigning on the earth for 1,000 years.

Secondly, "thousand" in "thousand years" is hyperbole. Example:

(Psalm 50:10) For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

(Deut 7:9) Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

Right Divider

Body part
First off nowhere does it say anything about literally reigning on the earth for 1,000 years.

(Psalm 50:10) For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

(Deut 7:9) Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;
The King of Conflation and Equivocation strikes again!

Dartman

Of course it does;

Rev 5:9-10 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Rev 2:26-27 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Matt 19:27-28 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?
28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luke 19:17-19, 27 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. 18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds. 19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

tetelestai said:

Your attempt to forge a connection between these passages is conjecture. The Scriptures literally say "1,000 years" .... several times;
Rev 20:2-7 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

I don't think John wrote "a thousand years" 6 times, in 6 verses, as just a figure of speech.