Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

clefty

There is something to do:

(1 Peter 2:9) But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Duh...wasn’t talking to you...was talking to someone I am not sure thinks anything is to be done or applies

Right Divider

Body part
(Heb 8:6 KJV) But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

"was established" is past tense.
Ok... the "establishment" that is spoken of there refers to God's declaration that it would happen. When God declares it, it will come.

I should have used a better term. It has not been INSTITUTED.

If you go ahead and finish the chapter, it's easy to see that the new covenant has not yet been INSTITUTED.
Heb 8:6-13 KJV
(6) But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
(7) For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
(8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
(9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
(10) For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
(11) And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
(12) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
(13) In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Please explain how verse 11 is "fulfilled".

Verse 9 makes it crystal clear WHO the new covenant is with. The SAME ones who's FATHERS were taken out of Egypt and given the old covenant.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Verses 8-12 is a quote of Jeremiah 31:31-34.

The writer of Hebrews quotes Jeremiah to show the prophecy of the New Covenant found in Jeremiah has been fulfilled by Christ Jesus.

The New Covenant was established, and the prophecy in Jer 31:31-34 was fulfilled.

Dartman

Priest hood implies there is yet something to do- works service administer
Absolutely.
Heb 7:24-28 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

clefty said:
And not needing baptism by water or the lord’s supper or foot washing or Lord’s Prayer or well anything as nothing applies there needs no priests
I am not positive what you are saying here, but it seems you are saying these things do not require a high priest..... which isn't true.

EVERY function you listed requires Christ's sacrifice. There is no forgiveness, ever, without that "spotless lamb" being slain for all sins, of all time.

Jesus performed that sacrifice, and then, when he had ascended to his God in heaven, Jesus cleansed the holy of hollies in heaven with his own blood;

Heb 9:11-15 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

john w

Hall of Fame
What do you do when you commit a sin? Something that is clearly described a sin in the Law of Moses.

I did not say only-it is lawlessness, meaning w/o law, unrighteousness, per 1 John 3:4 KJV, 1 John 5:17, and includes sins of commission, as outlined in the OT, including murder,.........................................................

By definition, Christ dying for our sins, means that some type of objective law exists.

You/Pate, on record, reject that, and thus SUBSTITUTIONARY ATONEMENT, replacing it with "Destroy the law, make it void, so that a substitute to take the judgment, condemnation, and resulting penalty for breaking that law is not necessary, since the law defining the sin debt, and the need for a substitute, its principle, is not needed."

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

(Col 1:23 KJV) If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

john w

Hall of Fame
Verses 8-12 is a quote of Jeremiah 31:31-34.

The writer of Hebrews quotes Jeremiah to show the prophecy of the New Covenant found in Jeremiah has been fulfilled by Christ Jesus.

The New Covenant was established, and the prophecy in Jer 31:31-34 was fulfilled.
His "pat" answer to everything-"fulfilled in Christ Jesus."

You lied. Why?

Right Divider

Body part

clefty

Absolutely.
Heb 7:24-28 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

I am not positive what you are saying here, but it seems you are saying these things do not require a high priest..... which isn't true.

EVERY function you listed requires Christ's sacrifice. There is no forgiveness, ever, without that "spotless lamb" being slain for all sins, of all time.

Jesus performed that sacrifice, and then, when he had ascended to his God in heaven, Jesus cleansed the holy of hollies in heaven with his own blood;

Heb 9:11-15 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Was speaking of those that believe those things do not apply for them the body of Christ to do...they are MAD

Mid Acts Dispensensationals

They think Zionist Israel has its own way into heaven and the body of Christ has their seperate way...and they don’t need things like covenants laws or baptisms or lords suppers etc et al

Love is all you need...grace alone...then do what thou whilst...once saved always saved or something from something or

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, it did not. You lied. Why?

It happened.

You need to remember that God had divorced the House of Israel hundreds of years before the birth of Jesus. Those Israelites from the House of Israel were scattered amongst the Gentile nations, God had no mercy on them, and they were told by God they were "not my people".

(1 Peter 2:10) Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Peter isn't addressing Jews. The Jews were never "not my people". Only the Israelites from the House of Israel were "not my people".

Peter is telling these people that now they were once again God's people.

That could only happen because of the New Covenant being made with the House of Israel.

john w

Hall of Fame
What "type of objective law" are you talking about? Where can it be found?

Nice trap question, clown, feigning ignorance.You know the answer, but you are trying to be cute.

The good, holy, spiritual law of God, as contained in the OT, including Mt.-John, at least prior to the dbr, which Paul quoted, over 100 times,from that same OT, that same law of God, that that leads the lost, that led Paul, when lost, to know what sin is, to serve as a teacher, to lead the lost, as it did Paul,to Christ, that the Psalms say will endure forever, that Paul asserts, is not void. You say that it is. You are lying. Why?

Where can it be found, this subjective law of yours, in scripture, and show us where it says Christ did not die for our sins, for breaking His own law, but that he died to destroy the law, so that Christ nered not die for our sins?

Tell us why you reject "Christ died for our sins, according to the scriptures?"

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They all have the law written on their hearts? LOL

Yep

(2 Cor 3:6) He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Those who are in Christ are filled with the Spirit.

john w

Hall of Fame
It happened.

You need to remember that God had divorced the House of Israel hundreds of years before the birth of Jesus. Those Israelites from the House of Israel were scattered amongst the Gentile nations, God had no mercy on them, and they were told by God they were "not my people".

(1 Peter 2:10) Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Peter isn't addressing Jews. The Jews were never "not my people". Only the Israelites from the House of Israel were "not my people".

Peter is telling these people that now they were once again God's people.

That could only happen because of the New Covenant being made with the House of Israel.

No, it did not. The spiritual, and physical benefits, the provisions of the NC, as outlined in the OT, in detail, have not been realized. You deny them, even though I, others, for years, have shown them to you, chapter, verse, but you "spiritualize" them away, or diss them, with "Fulfilled in Christ Jesus," and thus you can "prove" anything.

Why did you deny that Christ died for our sins-it happened?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, it did not. The spiritual, and physical benefits, the provisions of the NC, as outlined in the OT, in detail, have not been realized.

They most certainly have been realized.

The Apostle Paul was a minister of the New Covenant. His epistles teach the spiritual New Covenant.

Why did you deny that Christ died for our sins-it happened?

I don't deny that Christ died for our sins. Christ Jesus died for all sins, all time.

I deny that the Law of Moses is still in place.