ECT Rightly Dividing MADs

musterion

I explained fully my take on a spiritual body, and natural body, for years on TOL, and just last month, kid, but you, as is your MO on TOL, as others have commented, do not read what others argue, as you are here just to pound the podium, and "prove" to everyone that you are right. You're always right, Jer, and dig sowing discord among brethren. I have better things to do, then put up with you, and your sophistry, kid games, so I do not take you seriously, as is the consensus of the TOL audience. Your cliches, word for word "debate enders," are beginning to bore me.

Come on, Jer...How about another "You have no answers....You are running and hiding....We see that there can be no doubt whatsoever....You are assassinating the messenger..." for the road, Jer? Please? Teach us?

You forgot "LOL."

Oh wait, that's not Jerry.

Jerry Shugart

You are assuming, stating, on record, that when He rose from the dead, and ascended into the third heaven, where He is now, in that same "flesh and bones" resurrected, glorified body, per Ephesians 5:30 KJV, is not "spiritual?"

That is what you are assuming, not me:

The Lord Jesus Christ did not have a spiritual body, in his resurrected, glorified body.

You also quoted the following:

For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

"The two oldest existing manuscripts, and Coptic or Memphitic version, omit 'of His flesh and of His bones'; the words may have crept into the text through the Margin from Ge 2:23, Septuagint" (Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary).​

musterion

"The two oldest existing manuscripts, and Coptic or Memphitic version, omit 'of His flesh and of His bones'; the words may have crept into the text through the Margin from Ge 2:23, Septuagint" (Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary).

Somebody's reading the Textus Correctus again.

john w

Hall of Fame

You are assuming, stating, on record, that when He rose from the dead, and ascended into the third heaven, where He is now, in that same "flesh and bones" resurrected, glorified body, per Ephesians 5:30 KJV, is not "spiritual?"]

No, I was putting forth you argument, i.e., "The Lord Jesus Christ did not have a spiritual body, in his resurrected, glorified body," per...

According to you He is in heaven now in a flesh and bone body so how will His body change when He puts on a spiritual body which will be like the spiritual bodies of those who are in the Body of Christ when they meet Him in the air?

Thus, my summary of your argument, i.e., my

You are assuming, stating, on record, that when He rose from the dead, that His "flesh and bones" body was not "spiritual?"

Knock it off. If you do not, and retract, I will misquote you.

You deceptively quoted as if that I asserted that a "flesh and bones" body is not/cannot be a spiritual body.You argued that, per...
According to you He is in heaven now in a flesh and bone body so how will His body change when He puts on a spiritual body which will be like the spiritual bodies of those who are in the Body of Christ when they meet Him in the air?

="so how will His body change when He puts on a spiritual body"=You are asserting that his current flesh and bone body, per Luke, the Ephesians passage I quoted, is not a spiritual body,as you say He must "put on a spiritual body."=his current flesh and bone body is not a spiritual body, according to you, your post, your words.

Knock it off.

The Lord Jesus Christ did not have a spiritual body, in his resurrected, glorified body.

=you inaccurately quoting me-you left out "Jerry:.."

Here is my quote, citing what you argue, not me:

Jerry: The Lord Jesus Christ did not have a spiritual body, in his resurrected, glorified body.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

No, I was putting forth you argument, i.e., "The Lord Jesus Christ did not have a spiritual body, in his resurrected, glorified body," per...

I said that the body of the Lord Jesus that John was given a vision is a heavenly body and therefore He is not now in the same flesh and bone earthly body that men saw when He ascended into heaven. Here is what John saw:

"And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 14. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15. And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. 16. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. 17. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead." (Rev.1:13-17).​

If the Lord Jesus is now in a flesh and bone body which was seen ascending into heaven then why was John given a vision of a body in heaven which is so radically different from His earthly body? It is because His heavenly body is different from His earthly body.

But since you are always right then I am sure he can tell us why we should believe that the Lord Jesus is now in a flesh and bone body like the one which was seen when He ascended into heaven instead of the one of which John was given a vision.

john w

Hall of Fame
I said that the body of the Lord Jesus that John was given a vision is a heavenly body and therefore He is not now in the same flesh and bone earthly body that men saw when He ascended into heaven. Here is what John saw:

"And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 14. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15. And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. 16. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. 17. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead." (Rev.1:13-17).​

If the Lord Jesus is now in a flesh and bone body which was seen ascending into heaven then why was John given a vision of a body in heaven which is so radically different from His earthly body? It is because His heavenly body is different from His earthly body.

But since you are always right then I am sure he can tell us why we should believe that the Lord Jesus is now in a flesh and bone body like the one which was seen when He ascended into heaven instead of the one of which John was given a vision.

Retract your misquoting of me-now. You have 5 minutes.

Jerry Shugart

According to john w the body of the Lord Jesus which people saw ascend into heaven is the same flesh and bone body which He now wears in heaven. But he remains strangely silent concerning the vision which John saw of Him in heaven:

"And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead." (Rev.1:13-17).​

Things which are different are not the same, except in the mind of our little sonny boy.

At least every now and then the boy provides a little comic relief for us all!

Jerry Shugart

Jerry my statement on the subject is that NOT EVERYTHING IN JOHN IS DIRECTLY APPLICABLE TO EVERYONE.

Sorry that I was not clear enough for you.

You were perfectly clear when you said the following in regard to the "commandments" of God spoken by John at 1 John 5:2:

I asked you, twice now, to show us where His commmandments are...the ones referred to by John.

You were trying to prove that those in the Body of Christ are not to keep the commandments of God but I proved otherwise.

Are you keeping them now?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wait.
You don't think the Lord Jesus Christ has flesh and bone?

Right Divider

Body part
You were perfectly clear when you said the following in regard to the "commandments" of God spoken by John at 1 John 5:2:
You are MISQUOTING .... I never asked that, someone else did.
I asked you, twice now, to show us where His commmandments are...the ones referred to by John.

Don't recall you always being this dishonest. Are you unable to answer, or unwilling?

Watch the evasive maneuvers...
You can't keep anything straight.

You were trying to prove that those in the Body of Christ are not to keep the commandments of God but I proved otherwise.

Are you keeping them now?
One of the commandments of God was that Israel keep the weekly sabbath. Do you keep the weekly sabbath? John did!

john w

Hall of Fame
According to john w the body of the Lord Jesus which people saw ascend into heaven is the same flesh and bone body which He now wears in heaven. But he remains strangely silent concerning the vision which John saw of Him in heaven:

"And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead." (Rev.1:13-17).​

Things which are different are not the same, except in the mind of our little sonny boy.

At least every now and then the boy provides a little comic relief for us all!

I said that the body of the Lord Jesus that John was given was body of flesh and blood, and is a heavenly body. I believe the Lord Jesus is now in a flesh and blood body.

Why are you assassinating me, with your comic relief attack of the messenger?

How did I do?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said that the Lord Jesus is not now in heaven in a flesh and bone body, the same flesh and bone body which was seen by people when He ascended into heaven.
What happened to that flesh and bone body He rose alive in from the tomb?
That body He was going around showing to everyone to prove He had risen from the dead?
That body that the disciples watched rise into the cloud?

Right Divider

Body part
So? I never said otherwise!

What's your point about what is in John?

I confuse you and Mus because you hold similiar views in regard to the Hebrew epistles.
The Hebrew epistles, along with the books of MML&J (and early Acts) are all in line with Israel and their prophesies. They do not match with the books to and about the body of Christ written by Paul and the revelation of the mystery given to and through Paul.

popsthebuilder

The Hebrew epistles, along with the books of MML&J (and early Acts) are all in line with Israel and their prophesies. They do not match with the books to and about the body of Christ written by Paul and the revelation of the mystery given to and through Paul.
And is the mystery that we needn't believe unto word and deed, or that Christ lives in the believer who does just that?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Jerry Shugart

What happened to that flesh and bone body He rose alive in from the tomb?
That body He was going around showing to everyone to prove He had risen from the dead?
That body that the disciples watched rise into the cloud?

I believe that the Lord Jesus was raised from the dead in a supernatural body which was adaptable to His environment, in this case a flesh and bone body. Even while in that flesh and bone "earthly" body He was able to defy the laws of nature (Jn.20:19). But when in heaven He has a body suitable for the spiritual sphere or the heavenly sphere so He is now in a "spiritual" body, the same kind of body which those in the Body of will wear when they are made like Him at the rapture:

"The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly" (1 Cor.15:47-49).​

I just cannot believe that the vision of the Lord Jesus in heaven which John was given speaks of a flesh and bone body:

Perhaps you do?