ECT Rightly Dividing MADs

john w

Hall of Fame
I have already said many times on this forum that I do not believe that the present dispensation began at Acts 2. I have already said that it started at Acts 13 but since you accuse me of being Acts 2 I will once again give my proof. Here are three quotes from the pen of Paul where he speaks of a "dispensation" that has been committed or given to him:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you" (Eph. 3:2).​

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God" (Col.1:25).

"...a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me"​
(1 Cor.9:17).​

The "dispensation" which was committed to Paul is in regard to "God's grace", a "ministry", and a "gospel." Here Paul sums up his dispensational responsibility:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God"
(Acts 20: 24).​

There can be no doubt whatsoever that the event which marks the beginning of the "dispensation of grace" is the preaching of the "gospel of grace." And that didn't happen until Acts 13.

And those who received Peter's epistle were given the same stewardship responsibilty which Paul was given:

"As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God" (1 Pet.4:10).​

There can be no doubt whatsoever that you are running and hiding from your Acts 2 Ironside-ism, re. "it all says the same thing" denial, and wee see, it is evident, that you believe a ridiculous, silly theory. Here are many quotes from the pen of sir Paul where he speaks of things that differ, that contradict your theory:

Romans-Philemon

Instead of actually addressing those facts in an intelligent manner you just dismiss those verses as if they are not even there, and continue to engage in assassination attempts of messengers.

How did I do?

Jerry Shugart

Paul never ONCE talks about "being born again". Go figure that out Jerry.

Do you deny that before anyone can enter the kingdom he must be born again (Jn.3:3-5)?

And do you deny that members of the Body of Christ will be with the Lord when he returns to set up His earthly kingdom (see 1 Thess.4:17)?

Of course all those who will be with the Lord Jesus when He returns to the earth to set up His earthly kingdom will be born again.

Jerry Shugart

Here are many quotes from the pen of sir Paul where he speaks of things that differ, that contradict your theory?

I'm still waiting for you to tell us why you think that the present dispensation began at Acts 28.

How did I do?

Listen up, TOL audience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thus, I conclude, quite brilliantly, in extreme humility, that pre-fall, Adam and Eve had spiritual bodies of flesh and bone, "energized" by the Spirit of God, that did not require the life sustaining properties of blood, as we have now.

So a spiritual body has flesh and bones according to the great john w who is never wrong.

Perhaps john w will tell us in what way the bodies of Adam and Eve changed later when they had natural bodies?

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Do you deny that before anyone can enter the kingdom he must be born again (Jn.3:3-5)?
I deny that the doctrines in John are directly applicable to the body of Christ which had not yet even come into existence.

And do you deny that members of the Body of Christ will be with the Lord when he returns to set up His earthly kingdom (see 1 Thess.4:17)?
I deny that the body of Christ has exactly the same destiny as Israel.

Of course all those who will be with the Lord Jesus when He returns to the earth to set up His earthly kingdom will be born again.
You confuse the dispensations so badly that I don't see how you can even call yourself a dispensationalist.

john w

Hall of Fame
I'm still waiting for you to tell us why you think that the present dispensation began at Acts 28.

How did I do?

I am still waiting for you to tell us why you do not believe sir Paul? Why should we believe you, and your ridiculous, silly, Acts 2 Ironside-ite "it all says the same thing," theories, re. the body of Christ,instead of Paul, here:

Romans-Philemon

Do you deny what sir Paul says here:

Romans-Philemon?

Instead of actually addressing those facts in an intelligent manner you just dismiss those verses as if they are not even there, and continue to engage in assassination attempts of messengers.Still waiting for you to tell us why you assassinate us, and there can be no doubt whatsoever, we see, it is evident, that that you are clearly wrong, and are running and hiding.

How did I do?

john w

Hall of Fame
You confuse the dispensations so badly that I don't see how you can even call yourself a dispensationalist.

Yes, RD, there can be no doubt whatsoever that Jerry is an Acts 2 NEO/QUASI dispy, an Ironside-ite, and is running and hiding, still attempting to assassinate the messengers.

Jerry Shugart

I deny that the doctrines in John are directly applicable to the body of Christ which had not yet even come into existence.

So the following words found in John are not directly applicable to the Body of Christ?:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).

I deny that the body of Christ has exactly the same destiny as Israel.

Why do you deny that once those in the body are caught up to meet the Lord in the air then they will always be with Him?

Do you actually believe that when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth to set up the earthly kingdom then those in the Body will NOT be with Him?

Besides that, what is going to happen to the Jewish believers when the following happens?

"But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power"
(1 Cor.15:23-24).​

What will happen to the Jewish believers when the earth goes up in smoke?

Jerry Shugart

Yes, RD, there can be no doubt whatsoever that Jerry is an Acts 2 NEO/QUASI dispy, an Ironside-ite, and is running and hiding, still attempting to assassinate the messengers.

So says the Bullingerite!

Listen up, TOL audience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thus, I conclude, quite brilliantly, in extreme humility, that pre-fall, Adam and Eve had spiritual bodies of flesh and bone, "energized" by the Spirit of God, that did not require the life sustaining properties of blood, as we have now.

So a spiritual body has flesh and bones according to the great john w who is never wrong.

Perhaps john w will tell us in what way the bodies of Adam and Eve changed later when they had natural bodies?

john w

Hall of Fame
So says the Bullingerite!

We clearly see, it is evident, there can be no doubt, that you are running and hiding to your Acts 2 Ironside-ite laughable, ridiculous theory, and denying what sir Paul says here, re. your "no original sin" theory, which completely, with no doubt whatsoever, destroys it. We read:

Romans-Philemon

Do you actually believe "it all says the same thing?"

How did I do?

Right Divider

Body part
So the following words found in John are not directly applicable to the Body of Christ?:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).
That ain't the gospel of the grace of God Jerry.

You probably think that "gave His only begotten Son" refers to the Crucifixion.

Why do you deny that once those in the body are caught up to meet the Lord in the air then they will always be with Him?
Nope.

Do you actually believe that when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth to set up the earthly kingdom then those in the Body will NOT be with Him?
Nope.

Besides that, what is going to happen to the Jewish believers when the following happens?

"But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power"
(1 Cor.15:23-24).​

What will happen to the Jewish believers when the earth goes up in smoke?
I guess that you never read about the NEW heaven and the NEW earth. Those don't "go up in smoke".

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame

Jerry: The Lord Jesus Christ did not have a spiritual body, in his resurrected, glorified body.

Luke 24:39 KJV Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

I've discussed in the past on TOL, Jer, and discussed briefly recently, but decided not to feed you any more meat, as I care for you, as you cannot bear it, kid, and I do not want you to choke, and just let you sip on the milk, as you cannot even figure out the Luke passage.

There can be no doubt whatsoever that you are assassinating the messengers, and are running and hiding.

Jerry Shugart

That ain't the gospel of the grace of God Jerry.

You said that it doesn't apply to those in the Body but once again you are wrong because the words at John 3:16 cannot be divorced from the doctrine for the Body of Christ.

You probably think that "gave His only begotten Son" refers to the Crucifixion.

From the context i believe that it is indeed referring to the events of the Cross:

"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:14-16).​

Besides that you make no sense because you affirm that once those in the Body meet the Lord in the air then they will always be with the Lord. And then you turn around and say that when the Lord returns to the earth later those in the Body will not be with Him!

I guess that you never read about the NEW heaven and the NEW earth. Those don't :go up in smoke".

That is referring to the eternal state, the abode of God, the heavenly kingdom of God which is also referred to new Jerusalem (Rev.21:2). And in the following passage it is referred to as the Heavenly Jerusalem:

"But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect"
(Heb.12:22-23).[/quote]

Do you think that there are two heavenly kingdoms, one for the Jewish believers and another for the Gentile believers.​

Right Divider

Body part
You said that it doesn't apply to those in the Body but once again you are wrong because the words at John 3:16 cannot be divorced from the doctrine for the Body of Christ.
Jerry ... some doctrine is UNIVERSAL and some is DISPENSATIONAL.

I understand that you cannot tell the difference.

From the context i believe that it is indeed referring to the events of the Cross:
"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:14-16).​

Besides that you make no sense because you affirm that once those in the Body meet the Lord in the air then they will always be with the Lord. And then you turn around and say that when the Lord returns to the earth later those in the Body will not be with Him!

That is referring to the eternal state, the abode of God, the heavenly kingdom of God which is also referred to new Jerusalem (Rev.21:2). And in the following passage it is referred to as the Heavenly Jerusalem:

"But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect"
(Heb.12:22-23).

Do you think that there are two heavenly kingdoms, one for the Jewish believers and another for the Gentile believers.​

firstborn there refers to ISRAEL.

Exod 4:22 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:22) And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel [is] my son, [even] my firstborn:

Jerry Shugart

Jerry: The Lord Jesus Christ did not have a spiritual body, in his resurrected, glorified body.

When those in the Body of Christ will be raised up in spiritual bodies and their bodies will be like the Lord's glorious body then what will His body be like then?

According to you He is in heaven now in a flesh and bone body so how will His body change when He puts on a spiritual body which will be like the spiritual bodies of those who are in the Body of Christ when they meet Him in the air?

Besides that, you said that both Adam and Eve were created in spiritual bodies and they didn't need blood in their bodies then. So are you saying that once they ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that blood stated flowing to their bodies? Is that the only difference between a spiritual body and a natural body?

john w

Hall of Fame
According to you He is in heaven now in a flesh and bone body so how will His body change when He puts on a spiritual body which will be like the spiritual bodies of those who are in the Body of Christ when they meet Him in the air?

Happy hour a bit early? You are "begging the question," kid, i.e., assuming, what you must prove.
when He puts on a spiritual body

You are assuming, stating, on record, that when He rose from the dead, that His "flesh and bones" body was not "spiritual?"

Luke 24:39 KJV

Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

You are assuming, stating, on record, that when He rose from the dead, and ascended into the third heaven, where He is now, in that same "flesh and bones" resurrected, glorified body, per Ephesians 5:30 KJV, is not "spiritual?"

For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Why would you do that?

Jerry Shugart

Jerry ... some doctrine is UNIVERSAL and some is DISPENSATIONAL.

I understand that you cannot tell the difference.

It is you who cannot tell the difference because according to you none of what is written in the gospel of John applies to the body of Christ. But now you realize that it does!

firstborn there refers to ISRAEL.

Exod 4:22 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:22) And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel [is] my son, [even] my firstborn:

So the LORD will only dwell with those in new Jerusalem and the throne of God and of the Lamb will only be with those in the heavenly Jerusalem and with those in the Body?:

"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God" (Rev.21:2-3).​

john w

Hall of Fame

Besides that, you said that both Adam and Eve were created in spiritual bodies and they didn't need blood in their bodies then. So are you saying that once they ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that blood stated flowing to their bodies? Is that the only difference between a spiritual body and a natural body?
I explained fully my take on a spiritual body, and natural body, for years on TOL, and just last month, kid, but you, as is your MO on TOL, as others have commented, do not read what others argue, as you are here just to pound the podium, and "prove" to everyone that you are right. You're always right, Jer, and dig sowing discord among brethren. I have better things to do, then put up with you, and your sophistry, kid games, so I do not take you seriously, as is the consensus of the TOL audience. Your cliches, word for word "debate enders," are beginning to bore me.

Come on, Jer...How about another "You have no answers....You are running and hiding....We see that there can be no doubt whatsoever....You are assassinating the messenger..." for the road, Jer? Please? Teach us?