ECT Rightly Dividing MADs

Jerry Shugart

Here is more evidence which those belonging to the Neo-MAD cult can ignore that demonstrates that those who received the Hebrew epistles were members of the Body of Christ. In the following verse Paul speaks of those in the Body being "sanctified in Christ Jesus":

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).​

The word "sanctified" is translated from the Greek word hagiazo and it means "to separate from profane things and dedicate to God" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon). The believer has been separated from the world by being placed "in Christ Jesus," the Body of Christ.

In his first epistle addressed to the Jewish believers the Apostle John tells them that they have been given eternal life, and that life "is in the Son":

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son"
(1 Jn.5:11).

These Jewish Christians are told that the eternal life which has been given to them is "in" the Son. This can only be in regard to how the sinner is made "alive together with Christ":

"even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus"
(Eph.2:5-6).​

This speaks of the Christian's identification with the Lord Jesus, a truth which is true for only those who are in the Body of Christ. Our life which is in Christ is the same thing spoken of in the following passage:

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory"
(Col.3:1-4).​

The Christian has been given eternal life, and "this life is in the Son"..."Christ is our life" and our "your life is hid with Christ in God." These verses are in regard to a total identification with the Lord Jesus and speak of our "position" in Christ, being risen with Christ and being seated with Him in heavenly places. That is what Peter is speaking of here:

"Peace be with you all that are in Christ Jesus" (1 Pet.5:14).​

In Christ Jesus! But those in the Neo-MAD cult say that those who received the Hebrew epistles are not in Christ Jesus!

They also say that only those who received the Hebrew epistles are to keep the commandments of God because only those in the Body are not to keep those commandments.

Typical of cultists the world over!

Jerry Shugart

Ole Scripture-lite has no use for the Scriptures because his beliefs come straight from the false ideas taught in the cult we know as Neo-MAD.

He thinks that if misrepresents my beliefs then all those verses which proves him wrong will just disappear.

Typical of cultists all over the world!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That has got to be the most stupid thing I have ever heard on this forum.

Those who belong to the cult of Neo-MADism have somehow tricked their minds into believing this ridiculous idea.

Those same cult members also say that only those who received the Hebrew epistles are to obey the commandments of God and those in the Body are not to keep His commandments.
Bite me.
He did make a good point.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think we can all dispense with calling each other cultists over this hair splitting. It's hair splitting for Pete's sake! Please debate with a little more respect for one another. Debate is fine, but name calling other Christians isn't.

musterion

He's trying to obviate the paradigm, forcibly necessitating either/or versus both/and; synthesis vs duality; comparing apples to 4D neosyllogistic constructs. And if not both, then surely neither. Or, in the immortal words of some book I randomly pulled from a shelf, and I quote,

:troll:

Jerry Shugart

I think we can all dispense with calling each other cultists over this hair splitting. It's hair splitting for Pete's sake! Please debate with a little more respect for one another. Debate is fine, but name calling other Christians isn't.

Hair splitting?

That is ridiculous because those in the Neo-MAD community teach that ten books found in the NT are not for the Body of Christ even though they are.

And to make it worse, those same people refuse to discuss the actual evidence found in those epistles and instead they question my honesty. They behave like cultists so all I am doing is calling a spade a spade!

To them I say, If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!

john w

Hall of Fame
Ole Scripture-lite has no use for the Scriptures because his beliefs come straight from the false ideas taught in the cult we know as Neo-MAD.

He thinks that if misrepresents my beliefs then all those verses which proves him wrong will just disappear.

Typical of cultists all over the world!

Yes, kid. You need to quit assassinating, and attacking us messengers!!!

How did I do? Obviously, I "out Jerried" you, and now you are running and hiding!

BRILLIANT!

Jerry Shugart

How did I do? Obviously, I "out Jerried" you, and now you are running and hiding!

In order to out Jerry me you must provide Scriptures to support your ideas instead of just ignoring all of the Scriptures which prove that your ideas are in error!

john w

Hall of Fame
Hair splitting?

That is ridiculous because those in the Neo-MAD community teach that ten books found in the NT are not for the Body of Christ even though they are.

And to make it worse, those same people refuse to discuss the actual evidence found in those epistles and instead they question my honesty. They behave like cultists so all I am doing is calling a spade a spade!

To them I say, If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!

That is ridiculous, silly, incredible, as you continue to attack the messengers, assassinating us!!!To you, I say, if you cannot stand Aunt Jemima, get out of her kitchen, and don't eat her pancakes, as the buck stops here!

How'd I do?

musterion

That is ridiculous, silly, incredible, as you continue to attack the messengers, assassinating us!!!To you, I say, if you cannot stand Aunt Jemima, get out of her kitchen, and don't eat her pancakes, as the buck stops here!

How'd I do?

The buckwheat stops here. Otherwise, primo.

john w

Hall of Fame
In order to out Jerry me you must provide Scriptures to support your ideas instead of just ignoring all of the Scriptures which prove that your ideas are in error!

We provided you scriptures, but you continue to ignore:

- what sir Paul said here: Romans-Philemon

-what the great mid Acts giant, sir saint John W. said here:

www.theologyonline.com

Why should we believe you, instead of these great mid Acts giants?

We clearly see, it is obvious, that you ignore what sir Paul wrote in Romans-Philemon, which obviously, clearly prove that your ideas are in error, and laughable, and silly, and instead of addressing those scriptures, you continue to attack the messenger, assassinate us, by calling us cult members, and running and hiding.

How did I do?

john w

Hall of Fame
Of course I ceased expecting you to provide any Scriptures to support your view ever since you insisted that those in the Body are not to obey the commandments of God!

I ceased expecting you to address the scripture sir Paul provides in Romans-Philemon, to support your laughable, silly, incredible theories, ever since you insist that all scriptures say the same thing, as you run and hide behind your Ironside-ism.

How'd I do?

Jerry Shugart

We provided you scriptures, but you continue to ignore:

- what sir Paul said here: Romans-Philemon

It is you who continues to ignore what Paul said here:

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

In this passage Paul uses the pronoun "we" twice and from his introduction in that same epistle we can know that that pronoun is not only referring to those in the church at Corinth but also "all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord":

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).​

All of the Jewish believers living in the first century did indeed call on the name of Jesus Christ so therefore all of them belonged to the Body of Christ. Cornelius Stam, the founder of the Berean Bible Society, wrote the following commentary on 1 Corinthians 1:2:

"There are other evidences that the kingdom saints of Paul's day became members of the Body of Christ. In I Corinthians 1:2, Paul addresses his letter to the Corinthian church, 'with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs [those in every place] and ours [those with Paul].' And he says to 'all' these believers 'in every place': 'For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles' (I Cor. 12:13). How can this be made to exclude the Judean believers?" (Cornelius Stam, Commentary on Galatians [Stevens Point, WI: Worzalla Publishing Co., 1998], 198).​

Now you can tell us why you think that Paul's word "all" only means "some."