remember

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevTestament

who has the keys?

who has the power to bind and loose?
Glad you asked....
Only one at a time can have the temporal keys...
That doesn't mean that they are given the same authority as Christ has in heaven
The power to bind and loose is the power to perform ordinances etc.
Being that Peter did not ordain the bishop of Rome as an apostle, he only had temporal keys over ...."Rome" or his congregation. Same for all the other bishoprics. Jesus remained the bishop/judge of our souls.
Peter entered into the narrow gate, and few there be who find it.
He just continued to follow the Way.

RevTestament

no i don't lie about what i believe. i got confused and led to mid acts - which simply confirms that Jesus Christ is NOT God, but sent from God the Father - i believe and know that regardless of my sin and the life i have lived I AM SAVED because of Christ and that is enough - i am not saved by my actions or works or thoughts - i stated my opinion of my sins. i have blasphemed the Holy Spirit in ways that few ever have, and feel compelled to confess and admit my failures without details. i believe the entire Bible, not dispensation(s) - Paul was not the first to preach DBR - Jesus IS, and it was known but not fully understood perhaps - Paul is not more significant than Christ's chosen 12, which came from God and the Son is NOT the Father
I see you have chosen "homeless" for your location.
Jesus is the friend of the homeless in Him.
There is another fella on this site who calls himself "Kayaker." He says he kayaks because he follows Christ alone without "a church."
The "church" is our mother. Gal 4:26
From her we get the Word, priesthood and the ordinances we need.
Christ is El Shaddai, the weaner from the breast. He calls all of us to follow Him who suffered outside the congregation.
So I too suffer outside the congregation that I may be one in Him.
Men go astray. Christ does not. He knows the Father and followed Him. He walked the straight and narrow path and entered the gate, that He has right to call us there.
"...Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." Philippians 2:12-13.
Do you believe Isa 9:6? Do you believe that the Son shall be called the Father? He calls you to follow Him and feed His sheep that His kingdom may come.
I see the Spirit working in you PJ - let it work. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
There is another fella on this site who calls himself "Kayaker." He says he kayaks because he follows Christ alone without "a church."
Christ is El Shaddai, the weaner from the breast. He calls all of us to follow Him who suffered outside the congregation.
Men go astray. Christ does not. He knows the Father and followed Him. He walked the straight and narrow path and entered the gate, that He has right to call us there.
"...Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." Philippians 2:12-13.
Do you believe Isa 9:6? Do you believe that the Son shall be called the Father? He calls you to follow Him and feed His sheep that His kingdom may come.

thank you Rev - great post. i have spoken with kayaker several times. we are friends. i am getting help beyond my ability from good people. i have nothing and it's ok. i'm thankful for you uplifting scriptures and thoughts/words -

rougueone

peter was the first pope
and
I have no reason to believe anyone but the pope has that power

Chrys, you have the power. As do all who have Christ dwelling in their Spirit. Please consider the Scripture that will allow you to see that Jesus gives HIS authority-power to you and all who are Born-again:

I will single this out as a starter, then consider what God spoke to the Ephesians...

Because our gospel came to you not only in word, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction. ( So ) You know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake. 1 Thessalonians 1:5

Ephesians 1:20,21,22

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

And what is the exceeding greatness of his power toward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: ( Jesus is above everything on earth, the Heavens, and all of creation.) Jesus is alive and well. And continues HIS same ministry of love he began 2000 years ago. No man is above or equal to Jesus.

And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, " JESUS" ONLY Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all. " All Chrys. Not one man. ALL."

Matthew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority-"POWER", in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Thus Chrys, Not Peter, Paul, Matthew, Billy Graham, the Pope, protestant leaders, Bishops, ET. JESUS. And....

Thus, as Christians we have to have the same power in order for to us to be Christians. And these power's are inclusive to faith, prayer, teaching, prophecy, ET... because we are representatives-Ambassadors for Jesus.
2 Corinthians 5:20-21.
We are Christ's Ambassadors: Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. Very important Chrys to realize this.

Can we represent a company without the authority and powers needed to properly make the presentation ? Of course not.
And those who are Christians have the "Power (S)'s whithin us , given to us by Jesus. As Scripture makes clear.

Jesus did not walk away and say to Peter or Billy Graham, or the Pope , " OK it's all yours, make it what YOU will". No way Chrys. Jesus established the new Covenant ( rules ), and it is by these rules we give, love, forgive, and have the "power" to do so, as Jesus and only Jesus, can give these powers. Because Christianity is Jesus, from Jesus.And all about Jesus . So we have the play book, " Bible" and we act upon what our Master-Jesus, gave in the play book. And we are not allowed to compromise the book.

Always knowing the power is GOD and is from GOD. It is Gods power invested to us to be used for Gods Glory.

Isaiah 26:4
Trust in the LORD forever,
for the LORD GOD is the everlasting rock.

For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

For the kingdom of God does not consist in talk but in power.

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us.

Last edited:

kayaker

I so glad to have gained such notoriety in your mind, brother Rev! There is 'church' out there... but, that's not just any traditional church out there. Consider Jesus' words to this fellow:

Matthew 8:18, 19, 20, KJV "Now when Jesus saw great multitudes about him, he gave commandment to depart unto the other side. 19And a certain scribe came, and said unto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest. 20And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head."​

So, what makes LDS/Mormon any better than the rest, pray tell? What puts LDS/Mormons in any closer contact with God than the rest, then? Does this scenario fall into the definition of 'church':

Matthew 18:19, 20, KJV "19Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."​

I seemed to miss that part where more than two or three are utterly necessary as you suggest. But, being "gathered together in (His) name" has a bit of a stipulation, right? Is His name merely five letters of the alphabet? See, Rev... Jesus' name consists of His ancestry, while you folks focus on priesthood succession to bless your baptismal water as THE key to salvation, right? That's called 'baptismal spiritual regeneration'. Sorta like what Catholics do consecrating baptismal water that washes sins away and confers the Holy Spirit. The Church of Christ blesses the baptismal water to become the literal blood of Jesus, and baptism therein washes one's sins away... 'baptismal spiritual regeneration.' Six of one half-dozen of the other.

So, what I've NOT heard in church, LDS/Catholic/CoC, etc., etc... Is that Jesus' succession through 4,300 years of history included in the Bible... that Jesus' arrival generation was prophesied by Lamech (Cain's descendant, Genesis 4:16, 17, 18) found in Genesis 4:24 KJV. Who would ever have thought Jesus' arrival generation was prophesied some 4,300 years prior? That's an original find, btw... count 'em up Rev with God is generation #1, Adam Generation #2, Seth #3, and so forth beginning in Luke 3:38 KJV toward Luke 3:23 KJV. Then, while 'churches' have been busy justifying themselves, as you spend time justifying LDS/Mormanism establishing some priesthood connection, I just ask rather perplexing questions: Does it not stand to reason Jesus' arrival generation WOULD be prophesied? Well, small matter indeed... LDS's and the Catholics keep treading on justifying your church elite successions, endless btw, and I'll conclude Jesus' arrival generation as the 77th ("seventy and sevenfold", Genesis 4:24 KJV) from Almighty God, inclusively.

Now, don't you guys subscribe to the notion Cain survived the flood? That's pretty remarkable! After Cain went to Nod, took a wife and built the city of Enoch... Adam and Eve then had Seth (Genesis 4:25 KJV). Seth, definitely younger than Cain, died before the flood at the age of 912 (Genesis 5:8 KJV). Seth's son Enos lived 905 years and died before the flood (Genesis 5:11 KJV). In fact, Enos' son Cainan lived 910 years (Genesis 5:14 KJV). Cainan's son Mahalaleel lived 895 years (Genesis 5:17 KJV). Mahalaleel's son Jared lived 962 years (Genesis 5:20 KJV). Jared's son Enoch lived 365 years when God took him (Genesis 5:23, 24). And Enoch's son Methuselah lived 969 years (Genesis 5:27 KJV)... need I go on?

But, you guys think Cain survived the flood, huh?

patterson_bigfoot.jpg

“The Church takes no official stance on this, but some members believe that the legendary Sasquatch or Bigfoot is Cain.”

http://www.mormonthink.com/glossary/bigfoot.htm

That’s a pretty interesting site:

Extract from Miracle of Forgiveness by the Prophet Spencer W. Kimball

On the sad character Cain, an interesting story comes to us from Lycurgus A. Wilson's book on the life of David W. Patten. From the book I quote an extract from a letter by Abraham O. Smoot giving his recollection of David Patten's account of meeting "a very remarkable person who had represented himself as being Cain.'
'As I was riding along the road on my mule I suddenly noticed a very strange personage walking beside me… His head was about even with my shoulders as I sat in my saddle. He wore no clothing, but was covered with hair. His skin was very dark. I asked him where he dwelt and he replied that he had no home, that he was a wanderer in the earth and traveled to and fro. He said he was a very miserable creature, that he had earnestly sought death during his sojourn upon the earth, but that he could not die, and his mission was to destroy the souls of men. About the time he expressed himself thus, I rebuked him in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by virtue of the holy priesthood, and commanded him to go hence, and he immediately departed out of my sight…"

(Miracle of Forgiveness, Spencer W. Kimball, (1969) p 127​

Whether or not Sasquatch was really Cain... you guys think Cain survived the flood? Seriously? Well, so much for small talk... just keep those priesthood successions intact in your church. Just not my cup of tea... but, that Sasquatch thing has really caught my attention!

kayaker

kayaker

really ka of yaker ?

LOL! Sure, Patrick... I subscribe to those titles as well. I certainly encourage your reflection in Hebrews:

Hebrews 12:1, 2, KJV "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Our guilt can easily bring us back into a state of submission, so to speak. Once forgiven, always forgiven... and reflecting on our past mistakes, however grievous, makes us feel unforgiven. Such are how our God-given hearts are designed, I suspect. Asking forgiveness again for the same sin already forgiven, sorta makes a liar out of Jesus the first time. It's hard to shake the dust, some of us more than others. But, that's what I hear in Hebrews, "let us lay aside every weight (guilt), and the sin which doth so easily beset us (bring us back into a redundant state of repentance), Looking unto Jesus the author and FINISHER of our faith; who for the JOY that was set before him, endured the cross, DESPISING THE SHAME, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Jesus despised the shame, PJ... so should we!

But, many churches bring this guilt back upon us. Sometimes we do ourselves, but that doesn't mean we were not forgiven in the first place. Guilt is a heavy burden to bear... none of us here are exempt. If 'church' helps wash your guilt away, cool! If church offers salvation above and beyond what Jesus offers, as you have indeed accepted, then I do indeed raise an eyebrow!

In His peace...

ka yaker

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
LOL! Sure, Patrick... I subscribe to those titles as well. I certainly encourage your reflection in Hebrews:

Hebrews 12:1, 2, KJV "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Our guilt can easily bring us back into a state of submission, so to speak. Once forgiven, always forgiven... and reflecting on our past mistakes, however grievous, makes us feel unforgiven. Such are how our God-given hearts are designed, I suspect. Asking forgiveness again for the same sin already forgiven, sorta makes a liar out of Jesus the first time. It's hard to shake the dust, some of us more than others. But, that's what I hear in Hebrews, "let us lay aside every weight (guilt), and the sin which doth so easily beset us (bring us back into a redundant state of repentance), Looking unto Jesus the author and FINISHER of our faith; who for the JOY that was set before him, endured the cross, DESPISING THE SHAME, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Jesus despised the shame, PJ... so should we!

But, many churches bring this guilt back upon us. Sometimes we do ourselves, but that doesn't mean we were not forgiven in the first place. Guilt is a heavy burden to bear... none of us here are exempt. If 'church' helps wash your guilt away, cool! If church offers salvation above and beyond what Jesus offers, as you have indeed accepted, then I do indeed raise an eyebrow!

In His peace...

ka yaker

so true. but i'm not asking forgiveness from God or people, i was reflecting. whether i had won the mega power ball lottery last month i'd feel the same. not self pity or trying to get attention. i was really depressed, remorseful, sad and hopeless when i started this thread but it only increased my faith.

so, 77 generations. and what now, what does that mean? in your view do some faiths consider that Cain lived after the flood ? how old would that make Cain ? he might be big foot ?

kayaker

so true. but i'm not asking forgiveness from God or people, i was reflecting. whether i had won the mega power ball lottery last month i'd feel the same. not self pity or trying to get attention. i was really depressed, remorseful, sad and hopeless when i started this thread but it only increased my faith.

so, 77 generations. and what now, what does that mean? in your view do some faiths consider that Cain lived after the flood ? how old would that make Cain ? he might be big foot ?

Then, I'm sincerely glad you're faith is increased! Revealing one's feelings, sharing them, certainly has its benefits. Likewise, we can then be vulnerable, and the story of Job speaks much to that in my rendering.

The reason 77 inclusive generations is important to me is that it's been on the Books for a long time, and no one's seemed to notice it's significance. "No one" includes these historic churches like the Catholic and LDS/Mormon who boast some priesthood/Pope successions from Peter, forward in time, but seemed to miss Jesus' succession for 77 inclusive generations. Well, what's more important, right? Jewish theologians simply wrote off "seventy and sevenfold" (Genesis 4:24 KJV) as an 'undesignated coincidence.' Meanwhile, they await their 'messiah' among endless genealogies. Recognizing the significance it seems would have some impact corroborating Jesus' authenticity.

Pretty much lost to antiquity, some of the older Jewish theologians suggested Lamech murdered Cain (Genesis 4:23 KJV). I happen to subscribe to that notion, to some extent, rather than writing off Lamech's encounter as some random, drive-by shooting in God's Word. Consider the Catholic translation of Genesis 4:23 KJV:

* Lamech said to his wives:
“Adah and Zillah, hear my voice;
wives of Lamech, listen to my utterance:
I have killed a man for wounding me,
a young man for bruising me.

http://www.usccb.org/bible/genesis/4

Listen again to the KJV version of Genesis 4:23 KJV:

And Lamech said unto his wives,
Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice;
ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech:
for I have slain a man to my wounding,
and a young man to my hurt.

And, the very next verse Lamech proclaims the mark of Cain (Genesis 4:24 KJV)? That's a stretch associating the Catholic translation with the next verse! At least with the KJV translation I can capture Lamech's remorse (slain a man to my wounding a young man to my hurt) suggesting Lamech killed a beloved and relatively young man. I've suggested elsewhere Lamech even named his son Tubal-cain in memoriam to his great-grandfather, Cain (Genesis 4:22 KJV). Thereby, Cain died an early death preempting death by an old, very old age. Otherwise, did Cain get of scot-free for premeditating and murdering Abel, burying his body, and lying about it (Genesis 4:8, 9, 10)? Neither Cain's, nor any of Cain's descendants longevities or manners of deaths were explicitly revealed in the OT. Cain was a major player! Why was that do you suppose? Lamech was the "sevenfold" generation (Genesis 4:15 KJV) from Eve, right (Genesis 3:20, 4:16, 17, 18)? Another time, perhaps...

in your view do some faiths consider that Cain lived after the flood ? how old would that make Cain ? he might be big foot ?

You ask some very keen questions, Patrick! I've already offered a synopsis of what I think happened to Cain. I'm of the firm opinion Cain's descendants survived the flood. I provided the prior post to Rev Testament bringing up the LDS approximate understanding of Cain's disposition. I would like for Rev Testament to offer his answer from "the Church" of Latter Day Saints. That is... "the Church" he's quaintly suggesting as your spiritual "mother".

kayaker

RevTestament

I provided the prior post to Rev Testament bringing up the LDS approximate understanding of Cain's disposition. I would like for Rev Testament to offer his answer from "the Church" of Latter Day Saints. That is... "the Church" he's quaintly suggesting as your spiritual "mother".
kayaker
First you seemed to have answered it:

“The Church takes no official stance on this, but some members believe that the legendary Sasquatch or Bigfoot is Cain.”

Further, I am not authorized to give an answer on behalf of "the Church."
But if I were, I'd say Sasquatch is baloney. And if he were Cain, he would do a piss poor job destroying the souls of men by hiding where no one can see him...
I will note that there are many things written by various members of the church since it was restored, and a good deal of it is pure nonsense and speculation. Just about everyone who has been a member has held some kind of office in the church. That doesn't make them inspired to give truth about all these subjects. They were people like everyone else, and had their superstitions etc.

And no Cain didn't survive the flood. Nowhere did the Lord say he was making him immortal. He died.

RevTestament

And Kayaker my friend, if you are going to be a cantankerous old fart, I may not be so magnanimous in the future....

kayaker

So, Cain just died, right, Rev? Does "the Church" take a formal stance on who Lamech snuffed in Genesis 4:23 KJV? Does "the Church" take a formal stance on the significance of "seventy and sevenfold" in Genesis 4:24 KJV, or "sevenfold" in Genesis 4:15 KJV? Does "the Church" see any association with "seventy and seventyfold" being prophesy of Jesus' arrival generation? Well, not to worry... none of the above answers came from a traditional "church". A blind wild hawg sorta stumbled over the answers rooting around in His Word.

Well, I'm glad we agree Bigfoot is hog waller, ROFLOL! I suspect there are members of other churches who believe Bigfoot is real; I just never heard Sasquatch associated with Cain except via the LDS’s. But, I'm still in a bit of a quandary, Rev. I'm of the firm opinion Jesus is the head of His Church, and His presence is via the Holy Spirit of Truth (John 14:16, 17, 18, 26). Such corroborates Jesus’ words in Matthew 18:15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, with particular interest in Matthew 18:20 KJV involving being “gathered together in (His) name, there am I (Jesus) in the midst of them.”

So, what’s in Jesus’ name besides five letters of the alphabet, Rev? We pray in the ‘name’ of Jesus, believe on the ‘name’ of Jesus, baptize in the ‘name’ of Jesus… Maybe 77 inclusive generations found in Luke 3:38-23 prophesied by Lamech in Genesis 4:24 KJV? Yet I digress… Those seeking Jesus’ crucifixion (John 8:37 KJV, John 8:28 KJV) seemed to have a problem with Jesus’ ancestry (John 8:13, 19, 25, even inherently in John 8:41 KJV). Does “the Church of LDS’s” have any resolve in the matter of Jesus’ ancestry above all the other “churches” out there?

Of all the potential “churches” out there for a blind wild hawg like me to consider… what makes “the Church of Latter Day Saints” stand out above the rest? What is the single most important difference between the LDS Church and the rest of the “churches”?

kayaker

RevTestament

So, Cain just died, right, Rev?
It seems he was afflicted with his father's mortal condition, yes. Hebrews says only eight souls were saved at the time of the flood.
Does "the Church" take a formal stance on who Lamech snuffed in Genesis 4:23 KJV? Does "the Church" take a formal stance on the significance of "seventy and sevenfold" in Genesis 4:24 KJV, or "sevenfold" in Genesis 4:15 KJV? Does "the Church" see any association with "seventy and seventyfold" being prophesy of Jesus' arrival generation? Well, not to worry... none of the above answers came from a traditional "church". A blind wild hawg sorta stumbled over the answers rooting around in His Word.
As far as I know there is no additional revelation on the above subjects - no.
Well, I'm glad we agree Bigfoot is hog waller, ROFLOL! I suspect there are members of other churches who believe Bigfoot is real; I just never heard Sasquatch associated with Cain except via the LDS’s.
People afflicted with strange lying spirits did seem to show up at various times to various members who reported what "they said," but I see no reason to believe what they reportedly said being that if they are indeed afflicted with a demonic spirit they are inherently untrustworthy. In a church with 1000s and 100s of thousands, and now millions of members, there are bound to be a few with mental issues - there are bound to be some with superstitions - there are bound to be some attention seekers and story tellers. What started as a "story" might get reported by some unsuspecting "believer."
But, I'm still in a bit of a quandary, Rev. I'm of the firm opinion Jesus is the head of His Church, and His presence is via the Holy Spirit of Truth (John 14:16, 17, 18, 26). Such corroborates Jesus’ words in Matthew 18:15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, with particular interest in Matthew 18:20 KJV involving being “gathered together in (His) name, there am I (Jesus) in the midst of them.”
Don't see why that makes it a "quandary." I'm of the firm opinion that the Lord rarely speaks to His church. The Holy Spirit does inspire members to know the truth, but I seem to rarely hear members say I prayed about this or that. The church has a rather authoritarian stance about scriptural doctrines. At the time of Joseph Smith either he or his appointees were the only ones authorized to receive revelations for the church. There were others who claimed to receive revelation who were trying to lead members away. One such member made himself "king" of his island congregation up in Canada, etc. Nevertheless, people like Bruce McKonkie have written books which contain opinions about various points of doctrine, which I usually take with a huge grain of salt. It's something that seems to occur in all the churches.

So, what’s in Jesus’ name besides five letters of the alphabet, Rev?
Perhaps 8 letters J-a-h-o-s-h-u-a? LOL. In all seriousness, I don't know that He cares about the exact pronunciation of His name, but looks upon the heart.
We pray in the ‘name’ of Jesus, believe on the ‘name’ of Jesus, baptize in the ‘name’ of Jesus… Maybe 77 inclusive generations found in Luke 3:38-23 prophesied by Lamech in Genesis 4:24 KJV? Yet I digress… Those seeking Jesus’ crucifixion (John 8:37 KJV, John 8:28 KJV) seemed to have a problem with Jesus’ ancestry (John 8:13, 19, 25, even inherently in John 8:41 KJV). Does “the Church of LDS’s” have any resolve in the matter of Jesus’ ancestry above all the other “churches” out there?
No, not as far as I know. I did point out to you the section on the history of the high priesthood in D&C 84. From it it seems the priesthood didn't always follow genealogical lines. But as I have pointed out to you before, if you want to be genealogically accurate you would have to have Mary's (ie Miriam's) genealogy which we don't seem to have. We also have essentially nothing about Cain's line. You know I disagree with you about the imposters of Cain being Jesus' persecutors....and I don't care to engage in that debate.
Of all the potential “churches” out there for a blind wild hawg like me to consider… what makes “the Church of Latter Day Saints” stand out above the rest? What is the single most important difference between the LDS Church and the rest of the “churches”?
kayaker
Glad you asked.
It is the church which best follows the Bible. If you desire to worship God in Spirit and truth, it is the place to be. It is the only church from which one can receive the true priesthood. It is for the most part a wonderful, supportive community, but of course its members are still fallible people. It is the only church through which God's prophecies concerning the remnant will come to pass. And it is the hope for the future resurrections of man. :)

kayaker

KAY: So, Cain just died, right, Rev?

REV: It seems he was afflicted with his father's mortal condition, yes. Hebrews says only eight souls were saved at the time of the flood.

Well, Cain certainly didn’t live long enough to survive the flood. Please recall those at that Mormon site who made this statement:

http://www.mormonthink.com/glossary/bigfoot.htm

Doesn’t it stand to reason the Church would at least have taken an official stance and refuted the notion Cain was immortal? So, in other words, all LDS don’t harbor the same renderings (‘revelation’ as you might say) from Scripture. That’s not particularly unique to the LDS Church. But, when is that important and when is it not?

KAY: Does "the Church" take a formal stance on who Lamech snuffed in Genesis 4:23 KJV? Does "the Church" take a formal stance on the significance of "seventy and sevenfold" in Genesis 4:24 KJV, or "sevenfold" in Genesis 4:15 KJV? Does "the Church" see any association with "seventy and seventyfold" being prophesy of Jesus' arrival generation? Well, not to worry... none of the above answers came from a traditional "church". A blind wild hawg sorta stumbled over the answers rooting around in His Word.

REV: As far as I know there is no additional revelation on the above subjects - no.

Interestingly the Catholic Church does regarding Lamech’s recorded kill in Genesis 4:23 KJV, Genesis 4:24 KJV:

* [4:23–24] Lamech’s boast shows that the violence of Cain continues with his son and has actually increased. The question is posed to the reader: how will God’s creation be renewed?

That’s a far cry from Lamech’s remorse for executing his beloved great-grandfather being of young age (Genesis 4:23 KJV). But, neither the Catholic Church, nor the LDS Church has any idea how Cain met his final demise. Granted Cain was given sorta ‘life in prison’, but did that include hooking up with a wife in Nod, siring a son, and building a city? How did Cain not get off scot-free? Cain certainly wasn’t executed by drowning. And, church folks are just kinda okay glossing over Scripture with no curiosity about God’s mercy and justice?

KAY: Well, I'm glad we agree Bigfoot is hog waller, ROFLOL! I suspect there are members of other churches who believe Bigfoot is real; I just never heard Sasquatch associated with Cain except via the LDS’s.

REV:people afflicted with strange lying spirits did seem to show up at various times to various members who reported what "they said," but I see no reason to believe what they reportedly said being that if they are indeed afflicted with a demonic spirit they are inherently untrustworthy. In a church with 1000s and 100s of thousands, and now millions of members, there are bound to be a few with mental issues - there are bound to be some with superstitions - there are bound to be some attention seekers and story tellers. What started as a "story" might get reported by some unsuspecting "believer."

Indeed, and point well made, Rev. But, that’s a bit of a tough one there… who’s afflicted with a demonic spirit, and who’s not? Someone who disagrees with us? Everyone who disagrees with another is not particularly mentally ill. Most particularly noting those with a “demonic spirit they are inherently untrustworthy.” Being mistaken is one thing, being untrustworthy is another. So, what is the truth? Wasn’t that what Pilate asked Jesus, “What is truth” (John 18:33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, KJV)? Isn’t that the paramount question among Christians, who is Jesus? Is Jesus the irrefutable Son of God? How does one objectively come to this conclusion?

KAY: But, I'm still in a bit of a quandary, Rev. I'm of the firm opinion Jesus is the head of His Church, and His presence is via the Holy Spirit of Truth (John 14:16, 17, 18, 26). Such corroborates Jesus’ words in Matthew 18:15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, with particular interest in Matthew 18:20 KJV involving being “gathered together in (His) name, there am I (Jesus) in the midst of them.”

REV: Don't see why that makes it a "quandary." I'm of the firm opinion that the Lord rarely speaks to His church. The Holy Spirit does inspire members to know the truth, but I seem to rarely hear members say I prayed about this or that. The church has a rather authoritarian stance about scriptural doctrines. At the time of Joseph Smith either he or his appointees were the only ones authorized to receive revelations for the church. There were others who claimed to receive revelation who were trying to lead members away. One such member made himself "king" of his island congregation up in Canada, etc. Nevertheless, people like Bruce McKonkie have written books which contain opinions about various points of doctrine, which I usually take with a huge grain of salt. It's something that seems to occur in all the churches.

I appreciate your “firm opinion that the Lord rarely speaks to His church.” I’m of the firm opinion the Lord speaks to His church through His inspired Word while noting Jesus was speaking exclusively to His disciples in John 14:16, 17, 26. Who is a disciple, then? The Lord spoke to Paul’s disciple Ananias in Acts 9:10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17. Do you think Ananias was in the priesthood?

Jesus talked about His ‘believers’ (John 8:30 KJV) becoming His “disciples indeed” in John 8:31 KJV, John 8:32 KJV. The explicit and succinct two testimonies (John 8:38 KJV, John 8:40 KJV) of these two witnesses, John 8:18 KJV, irrefutably corroborate Jesus’ divine origin (John 8:12, 13). Are there any LDS Priests who can provide the explicit and succinct details of those two testimonies (John 8:38 KJV, John 8:40 KJV)? Those details are quite a mystery, indeed! I can’t find those details in any church, but surely such is nestled within His Word (Matthew 13:11 KJV, John 14:26 KJV).

So, it sounds like a lot of questions remain unanswered in traditional churches not even discerning Lamech’s victim as a mere token gesture, much less than Cain’s eventual punishment as a reflection of God’s mercy and justice. Challenges to doctrine in churches seem to be the norm for “churches.” The Catholics have their Popes, and you folk have your Priests, apparently. But, none have connected the generational dots between Genesis 4:24 KJV, and Luke 3:38-23 KJV.

KAY: So, what’s in Jesus’ name besides five letters of the alphabet, Rev?

REV: Perhaps 8 letters J-a-h-o-s-h-u-a? LOL. In all seriousness, I don't know that He cares about the exact pronunciation of His name, but looks upon the heart.

I appreciate your humor, Rev. Extending a little poetic license makes my point clear. He cares about us knowing who He is (John 8:12 KJV, John 8:18 KJV). Even Paul spoke of your notion regarding the Gentiles in Romans 9:14, 15, 16, “In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.” Does the LDS Church have a firm stance on the origin of the Gentiles being descendants of Noah’s son Japheth (Genesis 9:27, 10:2, 3, 4, Genesis 10:5 KJV first mention)? Those Gentiles were Paul’s primary target. I proffer the average church goer would simply say the Gentiles are non-Jews.

KAY: We pray in the ‘name’ of Jesus, believe on the ‘name’ of Jesus, baptize in the ‘name’ of Jesus… Maybe 77 inclusive generations found in Luke 3:38-23 prophesied by Lamech in Genesis 4:24 KJV? Yet I digress… Those seeking Jesus’ crucifixion (John 8:37 KJV, John 8:28 KJV) seemed to have a problem with Jesus’ ancestry (John 8:13, 19, 25, even inherently in John 8:41 KJV). Does “the Church of LDS’s” have any resolve in the matter of Jesus’ ancestry above all the other “churches” out there?

REV: No, not as far as I know. I did point out to you the section on the history of the high priesthood in D&C 84. From it it seems the priesthood didn't always follow genealogical lines. But as I have pointed out to you before, if you want to be genealogically accurate you would have to have Mary's (ie Miriam's) genealogy which we don't seem to have. We also have essentially nothing about Cain's line. You know I disagree with you about the imposters of Cain being Jesus' persecutors....and I don't care to engage in that debate.

It’s rather interesting the subject shifted from Jesus’ generations/genealogy to the history of the LDS high priesthood. I’ve actually picked up a couple of acorns along the way regarding Moses and his father-in-law, Jethro. On the second note, taxes in Jesus’ day was per capita, each person had a head tax so to speak. Who begat who birth records would have been a component of establishing an individual’s taxes. I’m of the opinion those tax records that would have corroborated Mary’s ancestry were hidden from public viewing. Today we have the Open Records Act most certainly not unfamiliar to me unveiling a local university’s embarrassing admission practices.

Please listen to Luke’s account again (akin to Matthew 23:13 KJV):

Luke 11:52 KJV “Woe unto you, lawyers! For ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.”​

So, what was that “key of knowledge,” Rev? Maybe Mary’s birth records? Doesn’t that sort of resonate with John 8:13 KJV, John 8:19 KJV, John 8:25 KJV? Who else would have had access to those tax/birth records? Can you imagine Pilate had such access? I readily proffer Pilate knew Jesus’ maternal ancestry. Even with Mary’s birth records there’s still just that sliver of doubt. Better still, Jesus’ and His Father’s two testimonies (John 8:18 KJ) found in John 8:38 KJV and John 8:40 KJV are irrefutable proof to Jesus’ divine origin (John 8:12 KJV, John 8:30 KJV, John 8:31 KJV, John 8:32 KJV). But, like I’ve said, I’ve yet to find a theologian or layperson who can offer the distinct ‘revelation’ of those two testimonies. I would certainly attend such a church!

KAY: Of all the potential “churches” out there for a blind wild hawg like me to consider… what makes “the Church of Latter Day Saints” stand out above the rest? What is the single most important difference between the LDS Church and the rest of the “churches”?

REV: Glad you asked.
It is the church which best follows the Bible. If you desire to worship God in Spirit and truth, it is the place to be. It is the only church from which one can receive the true priesthood. It is for the most part a wonderful, supportive community, but of course its members are still fallible people. It is the only church through which God's prophecies concerning the remnant will come to pass. And it is the hope for the future resurrections of man.

With sincere appreciation, all the denominations and churches say they “best follow the Bible.” Meanwhile, I’ve offered a few unexplained scenarios that have been on the table for quite a while. Appreciating worshiping in Spirit and truth, I’ve yet to find a church who can render up the “truth” (John 8:32 KJV) unveiling the explicit and succinct details of those two Divine testimonies (John 8:38 KJV, John 8:40 KJV). Even more evidence than Mary’s birth records, those two testimonies affirm Jesus’ divine origin (John 8:12 KJV) challenged by those seeking His crucifixion (John 8:13, 19, 25, 28, John 8:37 KJV).

So, it sounds to me like the LDS have circumvented becoming Jesus’ “disciples indeed” (John 8:31 KJV) to “receive the true priesthood” as you seem to suggest. Do you have any priests who can render up those distinct and discrete revelations found in John 8:38 KJV and John 8:40 KJV? Maybe I’m mistaken, but I was under the impression the Great Commission involved making disciples (Matthew 28:19) as Jesus was doing in John 8:31 KJV. Then, what happened to making disciples?

kayaker

RevTestament

Doesn’t it stand to reason the Church would at least have taken an official stance and refuted the notion Cain was immortal?
No, not really. As I said the Lord rarely speaks to the church. I don't think the apostles are going to try to add to God's word. The scriptures say what they say. It is not the job of apostles to change that or to interpret every verse for us. If they prayed about the subject, and received no answer, no response is warranted.
So, in other words, all LDS don’t harbor the same renderings (‘revelation’ as you might say) from Scripture. That’s not particularly unique to the LDS Church. But, when is that important and when is it not?
No, I'm sure not all LDS interpret the scriptures the same. I certainly do not follow all the interpretations which have been offered by other LDS. I am the first to admit that.

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

I have just as much right to my interpretation as they do, unless the Lord tells us that only a certain interpretation is correct. I believe the Lord hides things in His word for His own specific purposes - that He may fulfill His promises to His chosen.

Interestingly the Catholic Church does regarding Lamech’s recorded kill in Genesis 4:23 KJV, Genesis 4:24 KJV:

* [4:23–24] Lamech’s boast shows that the violence of Cain continues with his son and has actually increased. The question is posed to the reader: how will God’s creation be renewed?

That’s a far cry from Lamech’s remorse for executing his beloved great-grandfather being of young age (Genesis 4:23 KJV). But, neither the Catholic Church, nor the LDS Church has any idea how Cain met his final demise. Granted Cain was given sorta ‘life in prison’, but did that include hooking up with a wife in Nod, siring a son, and building a city? How did Cain not get off scot-free? Cain certainly wasn’t executed by drowning. And, church folks are just kinda okay glossing over Scripture with no curiosity about God’s mercy and justice?
Perhaps no law had yet been given about murder. We know little about Adam's day. I do know he was given the covenant of the Sabbath and of works. However, it doesn't seem to me that Cain got off scot-free as you say. Do you know what "the mark" placed upon him was?

Indeed, and point well made, Rev. But, that’s a bit of a tough one there… who’s afflicted with a demonic spirit, and who’s not? Someone who disagrees with us? Everyone who disagrees with another is not particularly mentally ill. Most particularly noting those with a “demonic spirit they are inherently untrustworthy.” Being mistaken is one thing, being untrustworthy is another. So, what is the truth? Wasn’t that what Pilate asked Jesus, “What is truth” (John 18:33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, KJV)? Isn’t that the paramount question among Christians, who is Jesus? Is Jesus the irrefutable Son of God? How does one objectively come to this conclusion?
I don't know that one can "objectively" come to that conclusion. My belief is based upon personal subjective knowledge and experience. "Subjective knowledge" being the scriptures. They are subjectively verified through practice and experience rather than objectively verifiable like a scientific experiment.
I'm merely pointing out that Satan does gain power over people and tries to mislead followers of the truth, so they must be mindful of this truth.

I appreciate your “firm opinion that the Lord rarely speaks to His church.” I’m of the firm opinion the Lord speaks to His church through His inspired Word while noting Jesus was speaking exclusively to His disciples in John 14:16, 17, 26. Who is a disciple, then? The Lord spoke to Paul’s disciple Ananias in Acts 9:10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17. Do you think Ananias was in the priesthood?
Yes, I do. I believe all followers were put under covenant in Christ through baptism, and were able to receive the priesthood through the apostles and seventy.
Our Lord said He would go away and "not speak much," but promised another comforter to come and give guidance. This held true for about 1800 years, and still really holds true today.

Jesus talked about His ‘believers’ (John 8:30 KJV) becoming His “disciples indeed” in John 8:31 KJV, John 8:32 KJV. The explicit and succinct two testimonies (John 8:38 KJV, John 8:40 KJV) of these two witnesses, John 8:18 KJV, irrefutably corroborate Jesus’ divine origin (John 8:12, 13). Are there any LDS Priests who can provide the explicit and succinct details of those two testimonies (John 8:38 KJV, John 8:40 KJV)? Those details are quite a mystery, indeed! I can’t find those details in any church, but surely such is nestled within His Word (Matthew 13:11 KJV, John 14:26 KJV).
Well, let me offer my witness of the testimony of John 8:38 - Jesus is harkening back to the seed of the serpent as being their father from Gen 3:15, and not specifically Cain as you are probably thinking. But more importantly Jesus is referring to His mission as our Cornerstone and Revelator of the Father, whom He alone is able to account, and whom He follows in doing everything likewise - even in laying down his life I witness & publishing His name YHWH, Behold the Hand, Behold the Nail.

So, it sounds like a lot of questions remain unanswered in traditional churches not even discerning Lamech’s victim as a mere token gesture, much less than Cain’s eventual punishment as a reflection of God’s mercy and justice. Challenges to doctrine in churches seem to be the norm for “churches.” The Catholics have their Popes, and you folk have your Priests, apparently. But, none have connected the generational dots between Genesis 4:24 KJV, and Luke 3:38-23 KJV.
Perhaps. Not everything in the scriptures is apparent to man. The LDS church does not claim to presently reveal all things.

I appreciate your humor, Rev. Extending a little poetic license makes my point clear. He cares about us knowing who He is (John 8:12 KJV, John 8:18 KJV). Even Paul spoke of your notion regarding the Gentiles in Romans 9:14, 15, 16, “In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.” Does the LDS Church have a firm stance on the origin of the Gentiles being descendants of Noah’s son Japheth (Genesis 9:27, 10:2, 3, 4, Genesis 10:5 KJV first mention)? Those Gentiles were Paul’s primary target. I proffer the average church goer would simply say the Gentiles are non-Jews.
Yes, I am sure. The LDS church believes the Gentiles, as being sons of Japheth, are grafted into the branches of Israel when they accept Christ and follow Him. However, I personally believe that Ephraim was scattered amongst the Gentiles, and that their seed have become mixed so that some Gentiles are literally of the house of Ephraim. I believe this came about when the Teutons who were originally from the East moved into Europe and later conquered the western Roman Empire: the Goths, the Franks, the Saxons, the Bergundians, etc. It seems these people may have come from Parthia when it fell to the Persians. Notably Josephus says the "lost" ten tribes were still in the area of Parthia "beyond the Euphrates" and couldn't be numbered for their multitude.

It’s rather interesting the subject shifted from Jesus’ generations/genealogy to the history of the LDS high priesthood.
Not really, because the right of priesthood generally followed the right of the firstborn along genealogical lines. Judah was the law giver, so Jesus arose from that line. As Hebrews tries to point out, that line generally had nothing concerning priesthood, as I believe it got bifurcated after the time of Moses, and the High Priesthood was lost.
I’ve actually picked up a couple of acorns along the way regarding Moses and his father-in-law, Jethro. On the second note, taxes in Jesus’ day was per capita, each person had a head tax so to speak. Who begat who birth records would have been a component of establishing an individual’s taxes. I’m of the opinion those tax records that would have corroborated Mary’s ancestry were hidden from public viewing. Today we have the Open Records Act most certainly not unfamiliar to me unveiling a local university’s embarrassing admission practices.
Please listen to Luke’s account again (akin to Matthew 23:13 KJV):

Luke 11:52 KJV “Woe unto you, lawyers! For ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.”​

So, what was that “key of knowledge,” Rev? Maybe Mary’s birth records? Doesn’t that sort of resonate with John 8:13 KJV, John 8:19 KJV, John 8:25 KJV? Who else would have had access to those tax/birth records? Can you imagine Pilate had such access? I readily proffer Pilate knew Jesus’ maternal ancestry. Even with Mary’s birth records there’s still just that sliver of doubt.
I don't see a key of knowledge in a genealogical line there Kayaker.
I believe the key of knowledge referred to by Jahoshua was right interpretation of the law. The Jews had formed their own interpretation of the law in midrashes, Kabbalah, etc, and had missed its correct spiritual interpretation that He was revealing. This key of knowledge is reflected in the hearts of the disciples burning as the Son of God opened the scriptures to them.
Better still, Jesus’ and His Father’s two testimonies (John 8:18 KJ) found in John 8:38 KJV and John 8:40 KJV are irrefutable proof to Jesus’ divine origin (John 8:12 KJV, John 8:30 KJV, John 8:31 KJV, John 8:32 KJV). But, like I’ve said, I’ve yet to find a theologian or layperson who can offer the distinct ‘revelation’ of those two testimonies. I would certainly attend such a church!
I have briefly offered my "revelation" of those passages, and will be happy to further discuss them, but perhaps we need to do so elsewhere so as not to hijack PJs thread further. :)

kayaker

No, not really. As I said the Lord rarely speaks to the church. I don't think the apostles are going to try to add to God's word. The scriptures say what they say. It is not the job of apostles to change that or to interpret every verse for us. If they prayed about the subject, and received no answer, no response is warranted.

Well, we can agree the Lord rarely speaks to contemporary churches. I do submit Jesus promised to speak to and through His "disciples indeed" (John 8:31 KJV, John 14:16, 17, 26, Matthew 28:19), and Paul's disciple Ananias was a great example. But, there's no direct Biblical record that Ananias was a priest. All knowledge in His time and in His way. It's hard for me to accept your words, "The scriptures say what they say." Indeed, Scriptures are where we start, and John 14:26 KJV picks up from there.

No, I'm sure not all LDS interpret the scriptures the same. I certainly do not follow all the interpretations which have been offered by other LDS. I am the first to admit that.

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

I have just as much right to my interpretation as they do, unless the Lord tells us that only a certain interpretation is correct. I believe the Lord hides things in His word for His own specific purposes - that He may fulfill His promises to His chosen.

How does "the Lord (tell) us that only a certain interpretation is correct"? John 14:16, 17, 26. Jesus' sheep hear His voice. Indeed, there are things hidden in His word, and Jesus touched on this in Matthew 13:10 KJV, Matthew 13:11 KJV speaking exclusively to His disciples. I get the impression many are called, few were chosen. Jesus chooses His disciples and His Father presents them for such purpose.

Perhaps no law had yet been given about murder. We know little about Adam's day. I do know he was given the covenant of the Sabbath and of works. However, it doesn't seem to me that Cain got off scot-free as you say. Do you know what "the mark" placed upon him was?

I suggest God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. God's laws, although written in the hearts of those like Noah before Mosaic Law, evolved into written form in the Books of Moses, most particularly. Please consider the Gentiles per Paul in Romans 2:14, 15. As far as the mark of Cain... sure, I know what the mark of Cain was. Surprisingly simple and unsophisticated.

I don't know that one can "objectively" come to that conclusion. My belief is based upon personal subjective knowledge and experience. "Subjective knowledge" being the scriptures. They are subjectively verified through practice and experience rather than objectively verifiable like a scientific experiment.
I'm merely pointing out that Satan does gain power over people and tries to mislead followers of the truth, so they must be mindful of this truth.

I appreciate your sincere testimony, Rev. I'm under the impression anyone who can perform genetic healing miracles of heritable afflictions, as not seen since those days, is of Divine origin. God the Creator of DNA, Jesus the restorer of DNA. Please consider John 9:1, 2, 3, 4, heritable blindness. Please consider Acts 3:1, 2, heritable palsy. Both cases were heritable afflictions. The woman with an issue of blood had heritable hemophilia, and was bleeding to death achieving her first menstrual cycle at the age of twelve. I could go on... but, there's no record of any bones healed. Even leprosy, caused by mycobacterium leprae... one is genetically predisposed as learned recently in the medical community around 2010 as I recall. Dapsone is the typical antibiotic, but those healed by that Rx can certainly get infected again.

On a second note, irrefutably 'knowing' Jesus would be at least as well as His disciples knew Him. I'd take that as an acceptable example of objectively knowing who Jesus was. And, we're back to John 8:31 KJV, John 8:32 KJV with John 8:38 KJV and John 8:40 KJV being the two testimonies of these two witnesses (John 8:18 KJV) to Jesus divine Paternity (John 8:12 KJV). Jesus paternity was challenged by those non-Israelite (John 8:33 KJV) impostor Jews (Revelation 2:9, 3:9) in John 8:13, 19, 25, even inherently in John 8:41 KJV among other places.

Yes, I do. I believe all followers were put under covenant in Christ through baptism, and were able to receive the priesthood through the apostles and seventy.

So, Paul's disciple Ananias was a priest? Were all disciples priests? Are all priests disciples, then? Since you mention baptism, I'll touch a bit on that hotly debated notion, momentarily.

Our Lord said He would go away and "not speak much," but promised another comforter to come and give guidance. This held true for about 1800 years, and still really holds true today.

Jesus was speaking to His disciples regarding His endeavor preparing for His crucifixion. Indeed Jesus spoke of the comforter in John 14:16, 17, 26, and He was speaking again exclusively to His disciples. At the risk of quenching the Sprit, I get the impression the comforter engages disciples. Who then is a disciple? That takes us back to John 8:12-47 with particular emphasis on John 8:30 KJV, John 8:31 KJV, John 8:32 KJV.

Well, let me offer my witness of the testimony of John 8:38 - Jesus is harkening back to the seed of the serpent as being their father from Gen 3:15, and not specifically Cain as you are probably thinking. But more importantly Jesus is referring to His mission as our Cornerstone and Revelator of the Father, whom He alone is able to account, and whom He follows in doing everything likewise - even in laying down his life I witness & publishing His name YHWH, Behold the Hand, Behold the Nail.

Well, I have to give you a lot of credit, Rev! That a pretty good response in my humble opinion. I was hoping to hear more along the lines of what Jesus saw with His father in John 8:38 KJV being Jesus' testimony as an eye witness to an event. Do you think Jesus was the tree of life in the Garden, then?

Perhaps. Not everything in the scriptures is apparent to man. The LDS church does not claim to presently reveal all things.

Agreed certainly that everything is the scriptures is not apparent to man. I think John 14:16, 17, 26 suggests some see more than others as Jesus alluded to in Matthew 13:10, 11 speaking exclusively to His disciples. Were His disciples, priests? Where are all the disciples, today (Matthew 28:19)?

Yes, I am sure. The LDS church believes the Gentiles, as being sons of Japheth, are grafted into the branches of Israel when they accept Christ and follow Him. However, I personally believe that Ephraim was scattered amongst the Gentiles, and that their seed have become mixed so that some Gentiles are literally of the house of Ephraim. I believe this came about when the Teutons who were originally from the East moved into Europe and later conquered the western Roman Empire: the Goths, the Franks, the Saxons, the Bergundians, etc. It seems these people may have come from Parthia when it fell to the Persians. Notably Josephus says the "lost" ten tribes were still in the area of Parthia "beyond the Euphrates" and couldn't be numbered for their multitude.

I'm quite inspired to hear this. I navigated Ephraim's scenario a while back, quite a fascinating journey, indeed. Wasn't Herod an ethnic Gentile? I suspect he was.

Not really, because the right of priesthood generally followed the right of the firstborn along genealogical lines. Judah was the law giver, so Jesus arose from that line. As Hebrews tries to point out, that line generally had nothing concerning priesthood, as I believe it got bifurcated after the time of Moses, and the High Priesthood was lost.

Can females be priests? I'm of the pretty firm opinion Judah's daughter-in-law Tamar was a Levite priestess. She would have been about the age of Judah's Canaanite sons, and she evidently wasn't from the area where Judah hooked up with a Canaanite wife considering Genesis 38:1, 2, and Genesis 38:11 KJV (Tamar "went and dwelt"). Appreciating the notion Judah was a lawgiver, then please consider Leviticus 21:9 KJV. Where did that law come from? Judah's case with Tamar is the only Biblical record of a female being threatened by fire as Judah suggested in Genesis 38:24 KJV. Consequently, I suggest Tamar was most likely a daughter of Judah's brother Levi. In that case, their eldest twin son Pharez would have received priesthood status as well as lawgiver status. And, Pharez is found in the generations of Jesus (Matthew 1:1, 2, 3; Luke 3:33). I suggest Mary was the second Tamar, btw.

I don't see a key of knowledge in a genealogical line there Kayaker.
I believe the key of knowledge referred to by Jahoshua was right interpretation of the law. The Jews had formed their own interpretation of the law in midrashes, Kabbalah, etc, and had missed its correct spiritual interpretation that He was revealing. This key of knowledge is reflected in the hearts of the disciples burning as the Son of God opened the scriptures to them.

Knowledge certainly has it's way of impacting our hearts. With much regard for the twisted rendering of the Law you mention, is there a specific Mosaic Law that comes to mind? I've asked the question several times elsewhere: Was Judah's marriage to a Canaanitess (Genesis 38:2; 1Chronicles 2:3) contrary to Deuteronomy 7:1, 2, 3, affirmed by Ezra 9:1, 2, 7 some 1,400 years later? Then, didn't the lawgiver Judah, prophesied progenitor of Messiah (Isaiah 65:9 KJV), then trespass the Law?

Noah sanctioned procreation among Japhethite/Gentiles and Shemite/Semites in Genesis 9:27 KJV. But, Noah separated the Canaanites in the land of Canaan away from the Gentiles and Shemites. No hanky panky with the Canaanites. Please consider Abraham's infamous quest for a wife for Isaac (Genesis 24:3 KJV), and Isaac's and Rebekah's dire concerns for a wife for Jacob (Genesis 27:46 KJV, Genesis 28:1, 2, 3, 4). How could Judah NOT know there was to be no hanky panky with a Canaanite? Can you imagine then Judah's Shelanite descendants (Numbers 26:20) had a bone to pick with Jesus, a descendant of Judah and his daughter-in-law, Tamar? indeed! Listen to their bold proclamation in John 8:33 KJV. Were those Shelanites, Israelites? Were they ancestrally authentic Jews? Was Judah's Canaanite father-in-law Shuah (Genesis 38:2 KJV), son of Abraham's wife Keturah (v. 2 in Genesis 25:1, 2, 3, 4) a Hebrew, then?

Yep, there were most definitely some legal issues going on! The above bears reflection on Paul's mention in Romans 9:6, 7, 8, even Revelation 2:9, 3:9. But, like I said, Mary's ancestry, likely scrubbed from the records, is really quite secondary to Jesus' and His Father's two testimonies to His divinity (John 8:18, John 8:38 KJV, John 8:40 KJV). And, Jesus' divine healing miracles speaks volumes, alone.

I have briefly offered my "revelation" of those passages, and will be happy to further discuss them, but perhaps we need to do so elsewhere so as not to hijack PJs thread further. :)

I appreciate your contribution, Rev. And, as I recall, it was your mention of my position being sorta contrary to 'church', and rightfully so in a traditional sense. But, on that notion of baptism you mentioned. I know such is of paramount importance to LDS/Mormons. I though I'd toss a little out, speaking of churches, that you might find my next post less appreciated.

kayaker

kayaker

Don’t children stand in for the deceased to posthumously baptize the dead vicariously achieving something akin to salvation (“endowment”)? I must admit, that’s pretty powerful! Didn’t the Mormon’s baptize Adolf Hitler by proxy?

Let’s not forget Adolph Hitler (German dictator), who was baptized and endowed by proxy on December 10, 1993 and sealed to his parents (Alois Hitler and Klara Poelzl) on March 12, 1994; all of which took place in the London LDS temple.
http://www.mrm.org/prominent-people-baptized-by-proxy

Also see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism_for_the_dead

Noting a “font” is a water-filled baptismal, please consider Joseph Smith’s Nauvoo Temple baptismal font:

The Nauvoo Temple font consisted of a basin supported on the backs of twelve life-sized oxen, a reference to a similar basin, or “molten sea,” in Solomon’s temple. (1Kings 7:23-26.)
For the Latter-day Saints, the oxen represented Israel’s twelve tribes whose physical and spiritual gathering was being accomplished through missionary preaching and the rite of baptism.” (1 Peter 3:18-21; 1 Peter 4:6; 1Corinthians 15:29.)
(by Glen M. Leonard, Nauvoo: A Place of Peace, a People of Promise; Ch. 10-The House of the Lord. Link at GospelLink.com - subscription required.)
http://baptismforthedead.blogspot.com

Wonder where Solomon’s notion to use oxen (bovine bulls) supporting that alleged baptistry came from? LDS/Mormons conclude those twelve bulls represented the tribes of Israel.

Isn’t this a pic of the baptismal font in Utah?

SLC+Temple+Baptismal+Font.jpg

So, that baptismal font was fashioned after the “molten sea” in Solomon’s temple described in 1Kings 7:23, 24, 25, 26. Were they baptizing folk in Solomon’s day? Do you think Solomon was inspired by Almighty God to build that alleged baptismal font? I heard Solomon lost a kingdom hooking up with strange hotties who worshipped other gods (1Kings 11:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11). That god Molech (aka Milcom, Moloch, etc.) was rather interesting associated with child sacrifice (more momentarily). Note the arm gestures including those of this mother and father (holding a child by the hand in a kneeling, ‘offering’ fashion):

Molech_babylon.jpg

Babylonian cylinder seal representing child sacrifice​

Don’t those Babylonian arm/hand gestures bear a resemblance to gestures during the Mormon ceremony being the second token of the Aaronic Priesthood?

Sacrificing children to Molech was mentioned in the OT: Leviticus 20:2, 3, 4, 5, 18:21; Jeremiah 32:35 KJV. The Hebrews destroyed all those sacrificial idols, none found as of yet to my knowledge. That god Moloch was pretty popular (Amos 5:26; 1Kings 11:5, 7, 11:33), even known to Stephen in Acts 7:43 KJV. Who was Molech?

Moloch_the_god.gif

An 18th-century German illustration of Moloch ("Der Götze Moloch" i.e. The Idol Moloch).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloch

Wonder where the notion came from that Moloch was a bovine god? Maybe Nehemiah 9:18 KJV; Exodus 32:4, 8; Deuteronomy 9:16 KJV. I personally don’t think Molech looked like the image above. I think Molech, a bovine god, looked more like this:

phalaris-1-sized.jpg

http://www.nndb.com/people/837/000097546/

Yea, this hollow bronze sculpture by Phalaris (570-554 BC) was designed to burn enemies alive inside, Phalaris allegedly placed in first. I can readily imagine a similar earlier bovine god, the golden calf, was used in similar fashion for live child sacrifice unto Molech. I hazard to speculate the sacrificed misfit children of ritual incest, a manner of reincarnation, were consumed in a manner akin to ritual cannibalism, another manner of reincarnation.

To my limited knowledge, there’s no Biblical record as to the inspiration or symbolism associated with those bulls in Solomon’s Temple. There’s no record to my knowledge Solomon’s ‘molten sea’ was ever used for baptism not mentioned until the NT. But, those bulls and that “molten sea” most certainly are replicated in the LDS/Mormon baptistry. Do you have any Scriptural or secular knowledge the "molten sea" was ever used for religious purposes? My twisted ‘revelation’ suggests it was an indoor jacuzzi for Solomon’s nude foreign hotties, FWIW.

kayaker

RevTestament

Don’t children stand in for the deceased to posthumously baptize the dead vicariously achieving something akin to salvation (“endowment”)? I must admit, that’s pretty powerful! Didn’t the Mormon’s baptize Adolf Hitler by proxy?
Performing a proxy baptism is not equal to salvation. Baptism is a necessary ordinance to receive the covenant of our Lord. A deceased spirit can be taught according to 1 Peter 3, and can accept ordinances performed on their behalf, and Jesus Himself, John 5:25. Performing a proxy baptism on their behalf, however, by no means causes them to accept it. If a deceased spirit does not accept the ordinance, they cannot progress in the gospel, and I believe, cannot come forth in the first resurrection. Children under the age of 12 cannot stand in for the deceased. We believe children generally understand the basics of Christianity by age 8, and therefore can be baptized at that point, but we don't allow them to be proxies until age 12.

Let’s not forget Adolph Hitler (German dictator), who was baptized and endowed by proxy on December 10, 1993 and sealed to his parents (Alois Hitler and Klara Poelzl) on March 12, 1994; all of which took place in the London LDS temple.
http://www.mrm.org/prominent-people-baptized-by-proxy
Again, that does not mean he will accept the ordinance or be "saved." I imagine he will have to face judgment, but it may be possible Christ will forgive him.

Noting a “font” is a water-filled baptismal, please consider Joseph Smith’s Nauvoo Temple baptismal font:

The Nauvoo Temple font consisted of a basin supported on the backs of twelve life-sized oxen, a reference to a similar basin, or “molten sea,” in Solomon’s temple. (1Kings 7:23-26.)
For the Latter-day Saints, the oxen represented Israel’s twelve tribes whose physical and spiritual gathering was being accomplished through missionary preaching and the rite of baptism.” (1 Peter 3:18-21; 1 Peter 4:6; 1Corinthians 15:29.)
(by Glen M. Leonard, Nauvoo: A Place of Peace, a People of Promise; Ch. 10-The House of the Lord. Link at GospelLink.com - subscription required.)

Wonder where Solomon’s notion to use oxen (bovine bulls) supporting that alleged baptistry came from? LDS/Mormons conclude those twelve bulls represented the tribes of Israel.

Isn’t this a pic of the baptismal font in Utah?

SLC+Temple+Baptismal+Font.jpg

The temple was a type of the true spiritual temple to be built in the future. The brasen sea was used by the priests to wash in to be clean of the blood from the sacrificial atonement.

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

It was a type of being washed of our sin or ignorance. This was instituted in the new covenant in the from of baptism, which is why it is referred to as washing our sins, Rev 1:5, and being made clean in Him.

So, that baptismal font was fashioned after the “molten sea” in Solomon’s temple described in 1Kings 7:23, 24, 25, 26. Were they baptizing folk in Solomon’s day?
As I said the brasen sea in the temple was a type. The Jews also performed a ceremonial washing, but I do not know when it started.
Do you think Solomon was inspired by Almighty God to build that alleged baptismal font?
Absolutely! The Lord told David, that his son would build the temple like the branch comes out of the stem of Jesse.
I heard Solomon lost a kingdom hooking up with strange hotties who worshipped other gods (1Kings 11:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11).
You seem to be attempting to impugn God's word because Solomon later sinned.
That god Molech (aka Milcom, Moloch, etc.) was rather interesting associated with child sacrifice (more momentarily). Note the arm gestures including those of this mother and father (holding a child by the hand in a kneeling, ‘offering’ fashion):

Molech_babylon.jpg

Babylonian cylinder seal representing child sacrifice​

Don’t those Babylonian arm/hand gestures bear a resemblance to gestures during the Mormon ceremony being the second token of the Aaronic Priesthood?
Not at all. First, they seem to be holding some forms of staffs, tools, etc, which aren't used in the LDS ordinance. You seem to be reacting in a bit of a paranoid way to me. But you should know that I will not disclose the details of covenants I have made.
Sacrificing children to Molech was mentioned in the OT: Leviticus 20:2, 3, 4, 5, 18:21; Jeremiah 32:35 KJV. The Hebrews destroyed all those sacrificial idols, none found as of yet to my knowledge. That god Moloch was pretty popular (Amos 5:26; 1Kings 11:5, 7, 11:33), even known to Stephen in Acts 7:43 KJV. Who was Molech?

Moloch_the_god.gif

An 18th-century German illustration of Moloch ("Der Götze Moloch" i.e. The Idol Moloch).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloch

Wonder where the notion came from that Moloch was a bovine god? Maybe Nehemiah 9:18 KJV; Exodus 32:4, 8; Deuteronomy 9:16 KJV. I personally don’t think Molech looked like the image above. I think Molech, a bovine god, looked more like this:

phalaris-1-sized.jpg

http://www.nndb.com/people/837/000097546/

Yea, this hollow bronze sculpture by Phalaris (570-554 BC) was designed to burn enemies alive inside, Phalaris allegedly placed in first. I can readily imagine a similar earlier bovine god, the golden calf, was used in similar fashion for live child sacrifice unto Molech. I hazard to speculate the sacrificed misfit children of ritual incest, a manner of reincarnation, were consumed in a manner akin to ritual cannibalism, another manner of reincarnation.

To my limited knowledge, there’s no Biblical record as to the inspiration or symbolism associated with those bulls in Solomon’s Temple. There’s no record to my knowledge Solomon’s ‘molten sea’ was ever used for baptism not mentioned until the NT. But, those bulls and that “molten sea” most certainly are replicated in the LDS/Mormon baptistry.
The fact that the brasen sea was set upon 12 oxen, and the fact that Solomon put Cherubim in the holy of holies does not mean the children of Israel in any way worshiped them. The fact that the priests were to wash themselves of the blood spilt for all of Israel was represented in the 12 oxen. This is again reflected in the New Jerusalem in Revelation and its 12 gates.
Do you have any Scriptural or secular knowledge the "molten sea" was ever used for religious purposes? My twisted ‘revelation’ suggests it was an indoor jacuzzi for Solomon’s nude foreign hotties, FWIW.
Yes, it does seem to be your twisted revelation.
The sea was for the priests to wash in:

2 Chronicles 4: 6 ¶He made also ten lavers, and put five on the right hand, and five on the left, to wash in them: such things as they offered for the burnt offering they washed in them; but the sea was for the priests to wash in.

Status
Not open for further replies.