remember

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is not a temple. When we look at Jesus we see God, not God "who dwells in him".

Jesus IS God, not a vessel where God resides.

“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” John 8:58

John 8:58 does not say "was born"

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
in chat, Patrick writes, "because i have no reason to be here Mike - no purpose". That's not true!

You abandoned the purpose given you in Christ Jesus before the world began:

2 Timothy 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

2 Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

2 Timothy 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

i agree heir
i meant, i have no reason to be here on TOL and telling people they are wrong or judging others. for instance, my adamant declarations that Jesus is God The Father. Jesus never said He is the Father

maybe i have abandoned the purpose given me,. I believe the entire Bible and Paul's revelations from Christ and God given to Paul only . I have lived my whole life for myself and did things my way ignoring or disregarding the word of God and Jesus' teachings, always assuming i have more time to give my life to Christ Jesus and do what God commands us all to do

I am saved and sealed and know the gospel of our salvation and that never means i can act against God's Will which is Christ's Will and purpose. God forgives me because of His Son, people don't. i have issues

oatmeal

i have disgraced God in every way imaginable - in my opinion

thanks to all, regardless of your feelings towards me

my life is an example of the worst traits of humanity

in spite of my past and present i pray that something good came from me somewhere somehow

i'm quite sure i won't be a fixture here or anywhere - but i can think of a few places where i may be welcomed -

i don't want sympathy or rep: only the truth about my life and family, which is impossible now

thanks again - and i'm not sorry -

Well, God did not call you because of your works, but for His purposes.

2 Timothy 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

The apostle Paul wrote that, it applies to him as well.

Romans 5:1

By the way, you were bought with a price, the price of the life of the lord Jesus Christ. How valuable do you think that makes you?

You are justified and God is at peace with you, maybe you need to believe you were justified and live that peace you have with God.

Dan Emanuel

Patrick, if I could go confess and take Catholic communion right now, I would, but I can't because I'm not Catholic.

Daniel

Pierac

Patrick Jane.... You done yet...?

Ecc 3:10 I see the experience that Elohim gives To the sons of humanity to humble them by it. 11 He has made everything fitting in its season; However, He has put obscurity in their heart yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end.

Just like Paul... You know in part.

1Co 13:9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part;

1Co 13:12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.

What? You think your special? I don't have enough cheese to go along with all your whining!

Be glad you know what you know!
:readthis:

Paul

heir

TOL Subscriber
no i don't lie about what i believe.
You affirmed Paul's gospel and now you say you are a Catholic. You are all over the place.
i got confused and led to mid acts -
It's now that you are confused and we know the author of that is not God (1 Corinthians 14:33 KJV).
which simply confirms that Jesus Christ is NOT God, but sent from God the Father -
You don't know what you are talking about.
i believe and know that regardless of my sin and the life i have lived I AM SAVED because of Christ and that is enough - i am not saved by my actions or works or thoughts - i stated my opinion of my sins. i have blasphemed the Holy Spirit in ways that few ever have, and feel compelled to confess and admit my failures without details.
So now you're just messing with your reward as you're to take heed how you build upon the foundation Paul laid or it'll go up in smoke 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV. Why would you do that to yourself?
i believe the entire Bible,
As do I.
not dispensation(s) -
Then you don't believe the entire Bible. And not believing in dispensations leaves you in a precarious position to explain these dispensations 1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV, Ephesians 1:10 KJV, Ephesians 3:2 KJV, Colossians 1:25 KJV.
Paul was not the first to preach DBR - Jesus IS,
The gospel Paul preached was given by revelation of Jesus Christ Galatians 1:11-12 KJV
and it was known but not fully understood perhaps -
Believe what the Bible says about it. It was clearly kept secret since the world began (Romans 16:25-27 KJV/a mystery 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV
Paul is not more significant than Christ's chosen 12,
Paul is our apostle, the apostle of the Gentiles. No one else in the Bible makes that claim Romans 11:13 KJV.
which came from God and the Son is NOT the Father
You lost me on that one, patrick. I'm not sure what you're trying to say there. It's clear to me that you have been giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. If you were struggling, you should have come to your brothers and sisters in Christ for help. We would help you in a heartbeat (Galatians 6:1-2 KJV). I hope you recover yourself to the acknowledging of the truth as at this point, it appears you are taken captive (2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV).

Pierac

What does "εγώ ειμί" mean?
Daniel
[1.1]

Go back to John 4:25-26 for instance. The woman at the well said to Jesus, "I know that Messiah is coming (he who is called Christ); when that one comes, he will declare all things to us." And Jesus said to her, "I who speak with you am he." You will notice that in most Bibles that word he is in italics. This means that the translators have correctly supplied a word in English that is not in the Greek but that nevertheless makes the intended sense quite clear. Here Jesus says to the woman - in the context of her question about the Messiah - that he is the Messiah, the Christ. "I who speak to you am he." In the Greek it reads ego eimi. Jesus simply says I am he, the Messiah. Definitely not “I am is the one speaking to you!”

In John 9 Jesus heals the blind man. Is this really the beggar who used to sit groping in the dark? Some people said, "Yes, it's him all right." Other said, "No, he just looks like him." But the beggar says, " ego eimi!" And the translators have no problem writing, "I am the one." So why aren't the translators consistent? Why not capitalize what this man says as I AM? Because it is clear that he is not claiming to be the God of the Old Testament. Saying "I am" (ego eimi) does not make somebody God in the Bible!
What Jesus is saying is simply “Before Abraham was born, I am he,” that is, "I am the Messiah."

Notice the context in John 8:56 where Jesus says, "Abraham rejoiced to see my day." By faith Abraham looked forward and saw the coming Messiah before he came in history. He believed the promise that God would send the Promised One. On the other hand these Jews did not believe that Jesus was their Messiah. They were claiming to be Abraham's descendents. Jesus said that this was impossible for they did not recognize him as their Messiah. But Jesus asserts that even before Abraham was born, he is the One who was always in God's plan. This Abraham believe and saw. The Messiah preexisted in God's plan and therefore in Abraham's believing mind, because he trusted the promise of God. Jesus positively did not say, before Abraham was, I was." Also, Jesus did not say, “Before Abraham was, I AM WHAT I AM."

Jesus’ claim "Before Abraham was born, I am he" is the straightforward claim that he is the long promised one, the Messiah, the One in question. Jesus is the Savior in God's promise even before Abraham was born.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.