Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I'm sure that if you read again, you'll find Adam and Eve did not have free will in the beginning. The had fellowship with the Father, and had sure instruction not to eat of the tree, of knowledge of good and evil. Thus it was that disobedience came through the first Adam. The tree that they ate from opened their spiritual eyes, and awakened them to conscience for the first time, giving birth to their impending seperation, and death.

Alayna,

What are the implications to choice between two trees. Did God give Adam and Eve a choice?

Though He said "Do not eat", did He have to put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil amongst them?

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
John 3:16, "The world" includes "all mankind."
John 7:37, "Any man" includes "all mankind."
John 12:32, "All men" includes "all mankind."
Acts 17:30, "All men" includes "all mankind."
1 Timothy 2:4, "All men" includes "all mankind."
2 Peter 3:8, "Any" and "all" includes "all mankind."

I don't understand why someone would want to fight against that. Why would "love" become controversial? Is it not written in another place, "God is love?"

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji846][emoji106][emoji846][emoji846][emoji106][emoji846][emoji106][emoji846][emoji106][emoji846][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
da5179e269b38305c678eb3121325b85_thumb.jpg

8476fb6364a06b9581bb8e83454dc141.jpg

Alaya

Alayna,

What are the implications to choice between two trees. Did God give Adam and Eve a choice?

Though He said "Do not eat", did He have to put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil amongst them?

As I read it, it was a commandment.

Alaya

The trees were there for sustenance, and God had already thrown Lucifer down from his original dwelling, and thus the commandment was for their protection. But they disobeyed.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The trees were there for sustenance, and God had already thrown Lucifer down from his original dwelling, and thus the commandment was for their protection. But they disobeyed.

You have cited that you are freshly in scripture for yourself.

Amen!!!

Do you welcome other perspective and debate engagement?

I do not want to come off as rude to you. Also, if you use the "quote" function, it will make it easy for the person that you are responding to to know you are talking to them.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I could also provide other examples where God knew what someone would do when they themselves did not realize that they would do it. Christ's "before the **** crows" to Peter comes to mind. God may know our own hearts better than we do. These are not things I haven't considered.

Matthew 26:34-35 KJV
(34) Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the **** crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
(35) Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.

A trained fighter reads his opponent and sometimes knows what he will do before they know themselves, and I imagine God is at least that skilled. If our heart has already been set, I believe God can read it.

This does not mean that God can tell every decision that we will make before we make it. Some of our "decisions" were really decided long ago. I believe these can be read. But if God knew what we would decide in those moments when we have the potential to change our heart, then why would he test us?

Genesis 22:10-12 KJV
(10) And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
(11) And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
(12) And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

It might be one thing if God had said, "Now you know that you fearest God" but he said "now I know that thou fearest God." There we have at least one example of where God needed a test to know Abraham's heart. At least that's what the scripture literally says.

You have forced the issue. Lol.

Do you believe that God is omnipotent?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Don't know what your jesus did. I have a number of threads on what my Jesus did.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Why do you speak in division?

1 Corinthians 1

10 Now I urge you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree in what you say, that there be no divisions among you, and that you be united with the same understanding and the same conviction. 11 For it has been reported to me about you, my brothers, by members of Chloe’s household, that there is rivalry among you. 12 What I am saying is this: Each of you says, “I’m with Paul,” or “I’m with Apollos,” or “I’m with Cephas,” or “I’m with Christ.” 13 Is Christ divided? Was it Paul who was crucified for you? Or were you baptized in Paul’s name? 14 I thank God[a] that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so that no one can say you were baptized in my name. 16 I did, in fact, baptize the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t know if I baptized anyone else. 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to evangelize—not with clever words, so that the cross of Christ will not be emptied of its effect.

Cross Reference

NONE of that speaks of God loving ALL MANKIND.

I don't understand why someone would want to fight against that. Why would "love" become controversial? Is it not written in another place, "God is love?"

. . Where is the word mankind mentioned when the implication speaks of something more inclusive.

. . . . . . Yes? And??
. . . .. . . . Ditto
. . . . . . . ""
. . . . . . . . ""
. . . . ???

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

NONE of that speaks of God loving ALL MANKIND.

. . Where is the word mankind mentioned when the implication speaks of something more inclusive.

. . . . . . Yes? And??
. . . .. . . . Ditto
. . . . . . . ""
. . . . . . . . ""
. . . . ???

You might as well be a Calvinist. You are "throttling" the Love of God.

This is the heart of heresy. I believe that you are a brother in Christ, but this matter is clear. God is forgiving Love, or He is not.

Cross Reference

Hi Cross reference. I am a born again of the Spirit believer, and I'm neither of any man's doctrine, except Christ Crucified doctrine. I have an interest on how so many denominations have evolved, and how so much extra theological view points can be established, claiming that the God of Israel, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to be their author, yet so much confusion exudes from it all, not to mention such division.

Thank you and I well understand. "Happy Trails to you" in Jesus' Name. Hang on for what will surely be, a bumpy ride. . . . ;)

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

I could also provide other examples where God knew what someone would do when they themselves did not realize that they would do it. Christ's "before the **** crows" to Peter comes to mind. God may know our own hearts better than we do. These are not things I haven't considered.

Matthew 26:34-35 KJV
(34) Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the **** crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
(35) Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.

A trained fighter reads his opponent and sometimes knows what he will do before they know themselves, and I imagine God is at least that skilled. If our heart has already been set, I believe God can read it.

This does not mean that God can tell every decision that we will make before we make it. Some of our "decisions" were really decided long ago. I believe these can be read. But if God knew what we would decide in those moments when we have the potential to change our heart, then why would he test us?

Genesis 22:10-12 KJV
(10) And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
(11) And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
(12) And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

It might be one thing if God had said, "Now you know that you fearest God" but he said "now I know that thou fearest God." There we have at least one example of where God needed a test to know Abraham's heart. At least that's what the scripture literally says.

This really made me /is making me think....will revert...

So **** is indeed censored.

Jesus is the presence of God within time, or the flesh of God, so to speak. The Father is the very essence of God that is beyond time. or mind of God. The Holy Spirit is an analogy for the presence of God with us and that draws us to God, when we are marred by hate, pride or the spiritual like. The Holy Spirit is specifically the presence of God, after the work of the cross.

Is this fair to say in context of scripture?

Cross Reference

You might as well be a Calvinist. You are "throttling" the Love of God.

This is the heart of heresy. I believe that you are a brother in Christ, but this matter is clear. God is forgiving Love, or He is not.

When you learn what the LOVE of God is all about, I will agree with you.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

When you learn what the LOVE of God is all about, I will agree with you.

1 Corinthians 13Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Love: The Superior Way

If I speak human or angelic languages
but do not have love,
I am a sounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
2 If I have the gift of prophecy
and understand all mysteries
and all knowledge,
and if I have all faith
so that I can move mountains
but do not have love, I am nothing.
3 And if I donate all my goods to feed the poor,
and if I give my body in order to boast[a]
but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind.
Love does not envy,
is not boastful, is not conceited,
5 does not act improperly,
is not selfish, is not provoked,
and does not keep a record of wrongs.
6 Love finds no joy in unrighteousness
but rejoices in the truth.
7 It bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never ends.
But as for prophecies,
they will come to an end;
as for languages, they will cease;
as for knowledge, it will come to an end.
9 For we know in part,
and we prophesy in part.
10 But when the perfect comes,
the partial will come to an end.
11 When I was a child,
I spoke like a child,
I thought like a child,
I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man,
I put aside childish things.
12 For now we see indistinctly, as in a mirror,[c]
but then face to face.
Now I know in part,
but then I will know fully,
as I am fully known.
13 Now these three remain:
faith, hope, and love.
But the greatest of these is love.
Footnotes:

1 Corinthians 13:3 Other mss read body to be burned
1 Corinthians 13:12 Or indirectly
1 Corinthians 13:12 Ancient mirrors were normally made out of polished metals and were not as clear as modern ones.
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright [emoji767] 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.