racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

I'd say guessing from what I see in their art and in looking at the area they lived in, the ancient Egyptians were a buncha mutts.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, I have come to the same conclusion, but they certainly had a fair amount of negroid DNA in their gene pool.

Crow

Yup. They were smack dab in the middle of an ancient trade route. Everything and anything was mixed together, same as if you go to Israel. You see the whole spectrum.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
[that was my conclusion, also]

Me and the Mrs. spent a half hour discussing this topic tonight, plus I did a bit of research online. If nothing else, debating at TOL can be a learning experience regardless of who is right and who is wrong.

I contend that the Nubians were certainly black, by the way.

Crow

Yup. They were. Mostly.

We tend to forget that trade routes are thousands of years old. Look at the American Indians. They probably took the left turn on their way to trade with China.

("I told you we turn right at the salty waters, Big Chief Know-It-All. But do you ever listen to me? Nooooo!)

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
It was the 'trade route' part of the conversation with Mrs. BB that got us both really thinking about racial interbreeding and the origins of race.

Big Chief Know-it-All never listens......

Granite

Hall of Fame
I really wish bill would spit out what's aggravating him and quit with this cryptic crap. Oh. Gee. So some African cultures didn't have a written language. Whoopidie friggin do...

Thia

Originally posted by granite1010

I really wish bill would spit out what's aggravating him and quit with this cryptic crap. Oh. Gee. So some African cultures didn't have a written language. Whoopidie friggin do...

Time for a cocktail, Granite!

Zimfan

Originally posted by granite1010

Egyptians aren't WHITE, boss, try again. No more than the Ayatollah or Arafat was white.

I don't know about the Egyptians, but don't scientists consider Persians(like the Ayatollah) and Arabs(like Arafat) to be in the same racial family(caucasiods) as those peoples we normally consider white.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Thanks Crow!

Skulls are more similar to those found in the Northern Sudan and less similar to those found in West Africa, Palestine, and Turkey. It seems that there has been some genetic continuity from Predynastic time through the Middle Kingdom, after which there was a considerable infiltration into the Nile Valley from outside populations. That the Egyptians by and large were dark is certain, and many must have been what we today call "black."

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
OK Billwald, we have established that the Egyptians were black and we already knew they had a written language. We also knew that the Nubians were black and we discovered that they also had a written language.

So, what does all this mean to you?

Last edited:

billwald

Go back to the origional post. Doesn't explain why the only people who seem to have a problem adapting to economic and social conditions in the USofA are those who self-designate as "African-American" or equivalent. Recent wire story has "African-American" leaders complaining that recent black immigrants are economically ahead of them.

Crow

Originally posted by billwald

Go back to the origional post. Doesn't explain why the only people who seem to have a problem adapting to economic and social conditions in the USofA are those who self-designate as "African-American" or equivalent. Recent wire story has "African-American" leaders complaining that recent black immigrants are economically ahead of them.

I've worked with a few of those recent immigrants, and I have an idea of why.

1. The losers do not amass the skills and the wherewithall to relocate.

2. The ones I work with work their butts off.

3. They put a high value on education.

I work with a man who comes from Africa, I think Ghana or Gambia. He's a nurse, he holds 2 jobs, and works 60 hours a week. BTW, he has nothing bad to say about the US except that the young men are fairly lazy, many of the young girls are sluts, and many people don't pay adequate attention to what their kids are doing.

Crow

Originally posted by billwald

To me, part of the solution is to dump "Black History Month" for a "Free Enterprise Month."

That would make a lot of sense.

The biggest difference I see between the blacks and the whites in this country who achieve and those who do not is the attitude of the individual.

It's not that there is something inherently different between the blacks here and in Africa. I know blacks from this country who have achieved. It's all in the attitude and the values they hold. Same as whites. Anyone with a crappy attitude is not going to achieve their full potential.

Black history is about as relevant to a black's success as white history or Wyandot history is to mine. If I don't put squat effort forth, I won't amount to anything no matter what I look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.