Racism, Bigotry and Misogyny at TOL

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
This is your problem. You don't argue. You don't present reasoned positions that can be met. You don't present facts in support of your positions and claims when challenged.

It makes it hard to know what to make of you.

No, I don't know your tale about the crime you spoke to is true because you created a credibility issue a while back. You like making statements and not backing them up with something that can be independently confirmed and you contradicted yourself on a point within two days of making it, as I noted in quoting you.

So, who were the people and where was the incident? It was a simple, straight forward question that would allow anyone to confirm the truth of the particulars and the lack of notice it received. Or to reject any of the particulars that didn't match up.

That's not what you actually said, but it's not accurate anyway. We're talking about Trad's racism. That's fairly particular. And we've talked about particular rhetoric and weight.

You make these general accusations. Time for particulars.

I've said that anyone who uses racist rhetoric and who is a racist is wrong. Unless we're addressing a particular individual and incident, as with Trad, there's not much more to say.

Now you're just making things up to suit you.

You are so close to calling me a race traitor, aren't you?

I omit the rest of you repackaging the same charge with no bones to hang the flesh on. You're just a self-created victim, Cruc. Sustain your charges. Make an argument. Anyone can invent whole cloth if they don't have to make that cloth bind.

Crucible just likes to cause controversy, negativity and, as much trouble as he can. He's that kind of guy.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Abusers always blame the people they abuse for "making them do it". And physical abusers are almost always men, because men turn to violence as a "solution" to their problems far, far more often than women do.

So that in a discussion about physical, i.e., sexual abuse, the perpetrators will almost always be men. And those men will almost always try to blame their abusive behavior on the women they abused. Because that's what abusers nearly always do.

Which is why your attempts at blaming women for their being abused; raped, or whatever, doesn't find any acceptance among people who understand the dynamics of sexual abuse. And the fact that you continue to refuse to recognize these dynamics, and then blame those who refuse to accept your counter assertions of being sexual bigots, only makes you appear that much more like the abusers.

:first:

PureX

Physical abuse is not the only form of abuse, and it's not necessarily greater either.
Yes, but your were accusing Rusha of bigotry for her comments in threads specifically about physical sexual abuse. And you were trying to use the woman's behavior to justify such an attack. And of course she was not going to accept that. Who would?
This is one sin of moral interpretation and the justice system today- making everything about the physical. There's a lot of wives who manipulate and emotionally abuse their husbands every day. If this should culminate into physical retribution, how righteous is it in condemning the man?
The justice system is not about enforcing anyone's idea of morality on anyone else. It's about protecting us from each other while maintaining an equal degree of liberty for all. We are free to dislike anyone we want to, and we are free to say so. Because we live in a society that values freedom. But our freedom ends when it tries to usurp the sovereignty of another human being's body. Which is why physical assault is taken more seriously by the legal system than verbal abuse, is.
This is a big part of the reason why I can't stand this bias which wholly supports and protects women and leaves men essentially with nothing but a rock and a hard place. It is not right to do so, but society has made it a standard of heroism to perpetuate it, and that's why you all do it- it's not really about solving marital problems, it's about one's own image in opinion.
The men, being physically stronger, have the ability to extricate themselves from physical abuse. Women, in most cases, do not. And both have the ability to extricate themselves from verbally abusive situations, so the law tends not to intervene in those until physical abuse ensues. Your belief that men are trapped between a "rock and a hard place" is an illusion. In almost every instance, they can walk away at any time.

Not so for women suffering physical abuse from men.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, but your were accusing Rusha of bigotry for her comments in threads specifically about physical sexual abuse. And you were trying to use the woman's behavior to justify such an attack. And of course she was not going to accept that. Who would?
The justice system is not about enforcing anyone's idea of morality on anyone else. It's about protecting us from each other while maintaining an equal degree of liberty for all. We are free to dislike anyone we want to, and we are free to say so. Because we live in a society that values freedom. But our freedom ends when it tries to usurp the sovereignty of another human being's body. Which is why physical assault is taken more seriously by the legal system than verbal abuse, is.
The men, being physically stronger, have the ability to extricate themselves from physical abuse. Women, in most cases, do not. And both have the ability to extricate themselves from verbally abusive situations, so the law tends not to intervene in those until physical abuse ensues. Your belief that men are trapped between a "rock and a hard place" is an illusion. In almost every instance, they can walk away at any time.

No so, for women suffering physical abuse from men.

I have made it crystal clear to anyone with comprehensive reading skills that physical abuse is never okay.

IF someone is making a person angry to the point that they feel the urge to become physically violent, the person with the rage issue needs to walk away.

I would use the same advice for parents who are angry at their children. WAIT to speak to or discipline them when less angry.

They should also be seeking help from a mental health expert to find it why they see the urge to physically harm another person as their first choice.

bybee

I have made it crystal clear to anyone with comprehensive reading skills that physical abuse is never okay.

IF someone is making a person angry to the point that they feel the urge to become physically violent, the person with the rage issue needs to walk away.

I would use the same advice for parents who are angry at their children. WAIT to speak to or discipline them when less angry.

They should also be seeking help from a mental health expert to find it why they see the urge to physically harm another person as their first choice.

A funny personal story: My dad was 6ft1in and my mom barely 5 ft. But she was a tyrant and relentless. She would follow my dad around the house giving him "What for!" until he couldn't stand it anymore. Then he would rush to the hall closet grab his hat and coat then rush out the door!
I give him gold stars!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A funny personal story: My dad was 6ft1in and my mom barely 5 ft. But she was a tyrant and relentless. She would follow my dad around the house giving him "What for!" until he couldn't stand it anymore. Then he would rush to the hall closet grab his hat and coat then rush out the door!
I give him gold stars!

:chuckle: Now that is wisdom. In the eyes of his daughter, dad will always be remembered for taking the high road.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

When the subject is about abuse of women, the discussion goes the route of condemning men and calling anyone who has something to say contrary to their strict ideology 'misogynists'. They've made derogatory statements such as 'glad no woman is with you' and a myriad of other nonsense.

The same discussion, for three months- and then when it's reversed, all there is to say is "There shouldn't be physical abuse of either".

The bias bleeds right through, very plainly. I don't see them doing the same to women- if they were so co-equal about it, there would be equal outcry. There is not.

Point blank, her statement does not suffice.

The justice system is not about enforcing anyone's idea of morality on anyone else. It's about protecting us from each other while maintaining an equal degree of liberty for all.

Yeah, that's poetry. Only a moron actually believes there's no biases in courtrooms.

ClimateSanity

Indeed ... it's what he is known for. The same tired declarations as well as a lack of self control when responding.

It's easy to have control when everything you say is non controversial and you have a pack of hounds to harass anyone who dares challenge you. Being politically correct is the easiest way to go. It is the path of least resistance. The chances of getting your character assassinated on a daily basis are slim. Very easy to maintain control. Cruc has none of those advantages.

PureX

When the subject is about abuse of women, the discussion goes the route of condemning men and calling anyone who has something to say contrary to their strict ideology 'misogynists'. They've made derogatory statements such as 'glad no woman is with you' and a myriad of other nonsense.
That's because you were trying to justify physical sexual abuse against women, and there is no justification for it because the man can nearly always walk away. While the woman usually cannot.
The same discussion, for three months- and then when it's reversed, all there is to say is "There shouldn't be physical abuse of either".
This "reversal" of yours is nearly non-existent, as it's very rare that a man would be physically overpowered by a woman. And when it does happen, those very rare instances do not mitigate the norm in any way. Yet you are trying to assert that somehow it does. And that's why you're catching so much flack.

Stop trying to justify men physically abusing women and you won't be called a misogynist … at least not for that.
The bias bleeds right through, very plainly. I don't see them doing the same to women- if they were so co-equal about it, there would be equal outcry. There is not.
That's because the instances of women beating and raping men are almost non-existent. It's simply not an issue of significance compared to the issue being discussed: men beating and raping women.

I find the fact that you just can't seem to understand this very puzzling.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Abusers always blame the people they abuse for "making them do it". And physical abusers are almost always men....

almost always, eh?

gender-of-victims-perpetrators.png

Looks like 14% of perpetrators are women

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
That's because you were trying to justify physical sexual abuse against women, and there is no justification for it because the man can nearly always walk away. While the woman usually cannot.
This "reversal" of yours is nearly non-existent, as it's very rare that a man would be physically overpowered by a woman. And when it does happen, those very rare instances do not mitigate the norm in any way. Yet you are trying to assert that somehow it does. And that's why you're catching so much flack.

Stop trying to justify men physically abusing women and you won't be called a misogynist … at least not for that.
That's because the instances of women beating and raping men are almost non-existent. It's simply not an issue of significance compared to the issue being discussed: men beating and raping women.

I've brought up divorce, it goes back to abuse or rape. I talk about privileges, it goes to abuse or rape. I bring up biases, it goes to abuse or rape. I bring up general inequalities, it goes to abuse and rape.

It's the 'go to' whenever the only other course is to critique women. That is why it has gone on for so long, because once they veer off of that complaint, they will steadily start to lose the discussion.

There's nothing that 'justifies' assault if we're going to observe some steep moral highroad. But if a woman humiliates their man socially, or consistently puts their hands on them, emotionally abuses them, and so on- any of these things, who are you to judge if he gets up and puts a manly hand across her?

A man will have to deal with those things, and if he falls to the same lacking restraint as the woman, he's going to jail and the divorce is going to be in her favor.

That's not equality, that's lunacy. I've talked about this, and the result has been exactly the same- I'm a 'misogynist'.

Please! :rolleyes:
I'm 'sanity'.

Neither you or anyone is about to sling that big wad of absurdity you are perpetuating. These discussions are fruitless and have only served the women. I think the men here should think about the apparent spell, or captivity, feminist ideology has them under. As for the women, they aren't able to comprehend their advantages and support in relevance to men because they were born into it- they don't know any difference and never will because men like yourself feed into a fantasy where they are victims.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Can't or won't .... or perhaps just doesn't care? Considering the fact that his argument has been the same over several years, I am going with the latter.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
*bump*
(Because Rusha likes to talk about me in my presence, instead of directly)

I've brought up divorce, it goes back to abuse or rape. I talk about privileges, it goes to abuse or rape. I bring up biases, it goes to abuse or rape. I bring up general inequalities, it goes to abuse and rape.

It's the 'go to' whenever the only other course is to critique women. That is why it has gone on for so long, because once they veer off of that complaint, they will steadily start to lose the discussion.

There's nothing that 'justifies' assault if we're going to observe some steep moral highroad. But if a woman humiliates their man socially, or consistently puts their hands on them, emotionally abuses them, and so on- any of these things, who are you to judge if he gets up and puts a manly hand across her?

A man will have to deal with those things, and if he falls to the same lacking restraint as the woman, he's going to jail and the divorce is going to be in her favor.

That's not equality, that's lunacy. I've talked about this, and the result has been exactly the same- I'm a 'misogynist'.

Please! :rolleyes:
I'm 'sanity'.

Neither you or anyone is about to sling that big wad of absurdity you are perpetuating. These discussions are fruitless and have only served the women. I think the men here should think about the apparent spell, or captivity, feminist ideology has them under. As for the women, they aren't able to comprehend their advantages and support in relevance to men because they were born into it- they don't know any difference and never will because men like yourself feed into a fantasy where they are victims.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
"We ought to send 'em all back to Africa. We ought to send 'em all back to Africa..."

And then build a wall.

I don't know the specifics. But a wall could be built to prevent black people from ruining the US further, once they are safely back in their motherland.

Ideally, Trump should also get rid of Muslims, liberals, transgendered persons, and homos.

Essentially, anyone who's not a conservative white person. Or a select few asians (but only for the purposes of making my Chinese food at diverse restaurants).

"Life in America would be so great" without these people "here to demonstrate about this and that and that and this..."