Racism, Bigotry and Misogyny at TOL

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Could you just put up one quote from someone on this forum that expresses misandry?

The fact that every attempt at speaking on misandry or mistreatment of men has been met with nonsense, and also that we've been on the same subjects pertaining to women's issues for months..

..says it all. Subtle misandry. And men with Stockholm's syndrome.

elohiym

The fact that every attempt at speaking on misandry or mistreatment of men has been met with nonsense, and also that we've been on the same subjects pertaining to women's issues for months..

..says it all. Subtle misandry. And men with Stockholm's syndrome.

So you have no quote, right?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I read an article about a group of black men kidnapping a mother and her son. They went to a house where they then beat and raped both of them. Afterward, they made them drink chemicals to hide the evidence of being orally ravaged before killing them.

Guess what?
Didn't get passed local news.
I don't know that any of that's true. Who were they and where did it happen? Let's see what was reported and by whom. It's hard to believe on the face of it, because, you know, the sentence for murder and rape would be enough to basically get them the maximum sentence for their crimes. But, criminals aren't always that smart, so just give me a couple of the particulars, town, victims, so I can pull it up independently.

And yet, something happens with someone black and it's national headlines.
That said, you know what else is common? Hearing about bosses and people in authority taking advantage of people under them. But you rarely hear as much about people who just take advantage of people working with them. Guess why.

At the same time, white people are being ridiculed.
Which whites and for what? Bill Gates, by way of, not so much.

It might not have crossed your mind that this is one of the reasons why racists are doing crazy things like massacring black people.
So you're saying white people have serious impulse control issues and aren't responsible for their own actions? Or, no, I don't give serious consideration or weight to specious attempts to make other people responsible for the actions of another competent adult. Now if you want to suggest violent racists are mentally incompetent it might be worth considering.

Maybe you should rethink what I put in my last post, without your PC filters.
Maybe you should find a defensible position to consider, unlike that or your self-contradictory they are/they aren't offended bit.

elohiym

:think: Isn't that what your thread entitled "Men's Issues" was about?

The discussion he seemingly has no interest in? :chuckle:

I'd just like one of them who claim some women here are misandrists to put up some quotes to support their accusations.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I'd just like one of them who claim some women here are misandrists to put up some quotes to support their accusations.

Well on several occasions I have stated that men and women should not hit one another.

He isn't even capable of agreeing this is reasonable ...

It's always .... "women start it" .... "men lose everything" ... along with a transparent unwillingness to give details or reasonable responses.

elohiym

Well on several occasions I have stated that men and women should not hit one another.

He isn't even capable of agreeing this is reasonable ...

It's always .... "women start it" .... "men lose everything" ... along with a transparent unwillingness to give details or reasonable responses.

It's so weird to have someone talk past you like that, isn't it?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

And a cite to that story, the white people being ridiculed...though that one might be him for making stuff up. :think: So he could have some sort of point there...maybe.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I don't know that any of that's true.

It's easy to be skeptical of things you've turned a blind eye to your whole life.

Now you see why I critique the lot of you :rolleyes:

So you're saying white people have serious impulse control issues and aren't responsible for their own actions?

I'm saying that you are wrong for continually pointing out the faults of those of one race and ignoring the faults of those in another.

You will say 'of course they are responsible too', but you won't ever mention it unless you're made to. And by your own volition, you open fire on anyone white.

They should be held responsible, but you should be held responsible for fanning flames out of your liberal bias. The solution of liberals is to not fan flames, and with that it will appease minorities. But- you do it to white people and what happens- they strike.

Bottom line- the trees will rot and the statues will bleach before you ever say anything that critiques something else other than white people. And the same for the male vs female subject. That's why these discussions are the way they are- fruitless, and annoying :rolleyes:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's easy to be skeptical of things you've turned a blind eye to your whole life.
This is your problem. You don't argue. You don't present reasoned positions that can be met. You don't present facts in support of your positions and claims when challenged.

It makes it hard to know what to make of you.

No, I don't know your tale about the crime you spoke to is true because you created a credibility issue a while back. You like making statements and not backing them up with something that can be independently confirmed and you contradicted yourself on a point within two days of making it, as I noted in quoting you.

So, who were the people and where was the incident? It was a simple, straight forward question that would allow anyone to confirm the truth of the particulars and the lack of notice it received. Or to reject any of the particulars that didn't match up.

I'm saying that you are wrong for continually pointing out the faults of those of one race and ignoring the faults of those in another.
That's not what you actually said, but it's not accurate anyway. We're talking about Trad's racism. That's fairly particular. And we've talked about particular rhetoric and weight.

You make these general accusations. Time for particulars.

You will say 'of course they are responsible too',
I've said that anyone who uses racist rhetoric and who is a racist is wrong. Unless we're addressing a particular individual and incident, as with Trad, there's not much more to say.

but you won't ever mention it unless you're made to.
Now you're just making things up to suit you.

But by your own volition, you open fire on anyone white.
You are so close to calling me a race traitor, aren't you?

I omit the rest of you repackaging the same charge with no bones to hang the flesh on. You're just a self-created victim, Cruc. Sustain your charges. Make an argument. Anyone can invent whole cloth if they don't have to make that cloth bind.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's so weird to have someone talk past you like that, isn't it?

It is ... though in his case, nothing ever changes. He doesn't wish to debate, but rather lecture and pretend that his claims are credible.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

That's a statement which conveniently dodges any critique on women. You can sit there all day (for months) and talk about male abusers, but when it's the other way around, ^that is all you have to say :rolleyes:

It's exactly what I've been talking about all this time. You all are incapable of having a real conversation that goes into the depths of men's issues as it pertains to women- just stick to what you're good at and rail against men.

PureX

Abusers always blame the people they abuse for "making them do it". And physical abusers are almost always men, because men turn to violence as a "solution" to their problems far, far more often than women do.

So that in a discussion about physical, i.e., sexual abuse, the perpetrators will almost always be men. And those men will almost always try to blame their abusive behavior on the women they abused. Because that's what abusers nearly always do.

Which is why your attempts at blaming women for their being abused; raped, or whatever, doesn't find any acceptance among people who understand the dynamics of sexual abuse. And the fact that you continue to refuse to recognize these dynamics, and then blame those who refuse to accept your counter assertions of being sexual bigots, only makes you appear that much more like the abusers.

bybee

Abusers always blame the people they abuse for "making them do it". And physical abusers are almost always men, because men turn to violence as a "solution" to their problems far, far more often than women do.

So that in a discussion about physical, i.e., sexual abuse, the perpetrators will almost always be men. And those men will almost always try to blame their abusive behavior on the women they abused. Because that what abusers nearly always do.

Which is why your attempts at blaming women for their being abused; raped, or whatever, doesn't find any acceptance among people who understand the dynamics of sexual abuse. And the fact that you continue to refuse to recognize these dynamics, and then blame those who refuse to accept your assertions as being sexual bigots, only makes you appear that much more like the abusers.

He must not realize how telling his posts are.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Physical abuse is not the only form of abuse, and it's not necessarily greater either.

This is one sin of moral interpretation and the justice system today- making everything about the physical. There's a lot of wives who manipulate and emotionally abuse their husbands every day. If this should culminate into physical retribution, how righteous is it in condemning the man?

This is a big part of the reason why I can't stand this bias which wholly supports and protects women and leaves men essentially with nothing but a rock and a hard place. It is not right to do so, but society has made it a standard of heroism to perpetuate it, and that's why you all do it- it's not really about solving marital problems, it's about one's own image in opinion.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That's a statement which conveniently dodges any critique on women. You can sit there all day (for months) and talk about male abusers, but when it's the other way around, ^that is all you have to say :rolleyes:
People tend to concentrate effort where it does the most good and speak to the rule where a social ill is concerned, even as we understand the exception. So while racist blacks and abusive women aren't any more acceptable or less worthy of public scorn, they're also most of the problem.

It's exactly what I've been talking about all this time. You all are incapable of having a real conversation that goes into the depths of men's issues as it pertains to women- just stick to what you're good at and rail against men.
Seems more that you want to spend all of your time talking about the victimization of a group that's largely responsible for the thing being condemned and do so at the expense of the groups mostly victimized by them.

That's odd enough, but then you don't really want to get into that either, just make declaration after declaration on the topic which you don't, won't or can't support when called.

That's the sign of someone with an issue that isn't rooted in the rational.