Racism, Bigotry and Misogyny at TOL

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
if we were talking about anything other than rape, he'd understand

they all would

fascinating, isn't it?

yes, i see adults who speak perfect english, pretending there are never other definitions of words, and pretending that definitions include things they dont.

Like this one- earn, it never even implies just, equal, commensurate, etc.. It only states that its something obtained through ones actions.

WizardofOz

Um I'm not debating 'consequence' you've moved the goal posts there...

Definition of 1 of 'earn' says a return for one's labor. As in earn a living. How is that negative?

You are both conflating earn with consequence.

If you were not so entrenched, you'd get it. We're still a far cry from even addressing a woman choosing to be raped.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
yes, i see adults who speak perfect english, pretending there are never other definitions of words, and pretending that definitions include things they dont.

It's a liberal tactic that an acquaintance of mine used constantly: playing dumb.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
And now you're doing exactly what you're constantly berating others for. Is the above a logical rebuttal?

Hypocrite

WizardofOz, I wasn't talking about you or anything that you said. I'm just making a general comment about liberals in general.

I had a liberal acquaintance who would play dumb on basic matters of common sense simply in order to avoid losing an argument or granting a point I was trying to make. "You don't know what a dog is? Really?"

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Um I'm not debating 'consequence' you've moved the goal posts there...

No, you and others are moving them, because we have said consequence the entire time.

Definition of 1 of 'earn' says a return for one's labor. As in earn a living. How is that negative?

And now you went off the rails, you ignored part of the definition. A student can earn a bad grade, a criminal can earn extra time for bad behavior etc.

You are both conflating earn with consequence.

We reap what we sow. Study that concept till you get it, it can be good and it can be bad, positive and negative dependant on what we do or dont do (earn)

If you were not so entrenched, you'd get it. We're still a far cry from even addressing a woman choosing to be raped.

I get it completely. You all do too, but its not politically correct these days to admit we can share in suffering a consequence for our own choices, which was the point that some ADULTS (sadly) pretend they cant understand.

Even quip before going off the deep end again and pretending he didnt understand what he said himself, GOT IT.

You're responsible to yourself for your (careless) circumstances leading to his decision to steal your car. So, how can you held be responsible for another person's freewilled action?

You're responsible for your actions; he's responsible for his. Don't conflate the two.

Simple really.

Which is what has been said all along. Some of you keep acting like one is as bad or equal to the other and or lessens the other, BUT - no one said that ever.

WizardofOz

WizardofOz, I wasn't talking about you or anything that you said. I'm just making a general comment about liberals in general.

I had a liberal acquaintance who would play dumb on basic matters of common sense simply in order to avoid losing an argument or granting a point I was trying to make. "You don't know what a dog is? Really?"

Then you're not following the conversation. Angel and doser were referring to me

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Then you're not following the conversation. Angel and doser were referring to me

Nope, when i said dumb, it meant each person who pretends they cant get it when its said outright.

Its you, IF that is what you are doing and that you have seen and followed the conversation, but keep ignoring that no one ever said the rapist isnt to be held responsible, executed even, or that hes less guilty because of someone elses actions, etc.. They are 2 different things, but some are mashing them into one and pretending it cannot be any other way.

To the point of looking foolish actually, all adults know we can cause some bad consequences by our own foolish actions, WITHOUT it making US guilty of what happened.

Our consequence is what we suffer as a result, theirs is jail and or should be execution.

WizardofOz

No, you and others are moving them, because we have said consequence the entire time.

And now you went off the rails, you ignored part of the definition. A student can earn a bad grade, a criminal can earn extra time for bad behavior etc.

Which would be :idea: equitable. Therefore...earned

We reap what we sow. Study that concept till you get it, it can be good and it can be bad, positive and negative dependant on what we do or dont do (earn)
You're talking about reaping what has not been sewn. If I plant a field of wheat have I earned a field of gold?
If a soldier joins the marines, did he earn a beheading by Isis?

Equitable - study that term until you get it

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
PS then there is complete pretense that what was stated applies to ALL situations, when it doesnt, it ONLY applied to specific scenerios.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

who decides what's equitable?

the student who earns the bad grade or the teacher who gives it?

before you answer, recognize that the student plays the role of the victim (receiving that which he would not choose) and the teacher plays the role of the rapist

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

False, again you do not understand or are pretending you dont. You have ignored context, definition and word usage and i can only surmise from this that you are now doing so deliberately, because its been explained so well, a 5 year old could understand it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

You're talking about reaping what has not been sewn. If I plant a field of wheat have I earned a field of gold?

Equitable - study that term until you get it

Now you are also pretending that we can only reap a specific, when life should have already kicked you in the rear enough to tell you otherwise.

WizardofOz

Angel - you're ignoring my questions

If I plant a field of wheat have I earned a field of gold?
If a woman dresses and dances provocatively has she earned a rape?

ok doser

Angel - you're ignoring my questions

If I plant a field of wheat have I earned a field of gold?

have you tended it with care?
did you harvest it and sell it to a merchant for a bag of gold?

did he act in reckless disregard of his CO directions?

If a woman dresses and dances provocatively has she earned a rape?

an act of sexual immorality in exchange for an act of sexual immorality

:think:

seems equitable to me

WizardofOz

who decides what's equitable?

Society / the law

the student who earns the bad grade or the teacher who gives it?

The teacher who is expected to trade based on merit and :idea: award the grade that had been earned.

Does a rapist care about such things? Of course not. A comparison of a teacher to a rapist is absurd.

ok doser

Does a rapist care about such things? Of course not.

oh, i'm sure some rapists think that way, especially those who rape their wives

i'm sure they think their wives have earned such abuse

A comparison of a teacher to a rapist is absurd.

as a way of examining the application of the word "earn"?

not at all

WizardofOz

have you tended it with care?
did you harvest it and sell it to a merchant for a bag of gold?

A field of gold not a bag of gold. Has he earned a field of gold? Is that a reasonable expectation?

did he act in reckless disregard of his CO directions?

No. I said he joined that marines. Did he earn a beheading by Isis?

an act of sexual morality in exchange for an act of sexual immorality

:think:

seems equitable to me

When a woman goes out for their birthday to dance with friends and wear their SBD you be sure to tell them they deserve to be raped.

Who defines what is 'dancing provacatively' or 'dressed sexy'? :think:

You literally allow the rapist to define these things. She could be line dancing in jeans and a flannel.

ok doser

A field of gold not a bag of gold. Has he earned a field of gold? Is that a reasonable expectation?

if it's gold dust you could spread it all over the field

No. I said he joined that marines. Did he earn a beheading by Isis?

just joining the marines?

no

When a woman goes out for their birthday to dance with friends and wear their SBD you be sure to tell them they deserve to be raped.

:freak:

Silent But Deadly?

You literally allow the rapist to define these things.

and by encouraging women to act like drunken whores, you're removing that allowance?

well, i suppose so

if all women act like drunken whores, you've just made it way easier for the rapist to determine which women deserve to be raped

all of them