Racism, Bigotry and Misogyny at TOL

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
They have this awesome scam going on. A guy in a Christian marriage can force himself on his wife without guilt, and if she fights him off, she's sinning. What a racket...

For what it's worth, I wish to point out that I didn't claim this. I may have said the opposite. Just saying.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
maybe they had such things in the "church" you used to belong to :idunno:

:doh:

oh heck - what am i saying

you used to belong to the church that rapes little children

never mind

What a scam... If it's a Christian marriage rape isn't rape - but if the Christian rapes his wife, then he's not a Christian.

No wonder feminism.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
maybe they had such things in the "church" you used to belong to :idunno:

:doh:

oh heck - what am i saying

you used to belong to the church that rapes little children

never mind

Comments:

1. I fail to see how being a Christian precludes the possibility of legal or moral wrong-doing. Was King David not Jewish?

2. You've probably read this a million times, but I'll make it a million and one: the Catholic Church does not, has never, nor will ever rape little children, or anyone else, for that matter. Individual persons, acting contrary to the Church's teachings, did.

truthjourney

it's in here:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114662&highlight=marital

no such thing as "marital rape" in a Christian marriage
Forcing a wife to have sex against her will is rape and not the kind of behavior of a Christian husband. That's on the same level of husbands who do this who aren't Christians, same behavior with absolutely no guilt on their part and who blame their wives. It should go without saying especially on a Christian forum.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

Yes it is but keep saying that and you might be able to convince more Christian husbands that it's okay to rape their wives. Is that really what you want them to believe and do?

He doesn't care in the slightest. It's all just a game to him, probably because that's all he's left with after his ex wife left him (thankfully) and his childish resentment of lawyers (who most likely did a good job).

zoo22

Nor do they abuse, beat or rape their own bodies. And so a husband wouldn't do that to his wife's body nor the wife to her husband's body.

But obviously some do:

When we'd argue she'd often start the pushing and shoving. I had forty pounds on her at the time, so when I shoved back she usually got the worst of it.

Some people become so incapable of interacting with care and compassion, they replace it with violence:

Well, there's positive aspects to being physically agressive. :Shimei:

Actually, it put a spark in our relationship that died when we stopped really caring about each other.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
*BUMP*

There's plenty a woman can do to help avoid rape, just like there's plenty a man can do to avoid assault.

But, women have this 'world is my glass palace' ideology and that the men need to make way for their security :rolleyes:

This is the going rate- whine and moan and complain; call everyone who is in opposition to them 'misogynists', and solve absolutely nothing. Women depend on rape to keep their victim complex alive and breathing, because it is the means in which they can continue to do as they do.

You don't see many conservative women doing as these women do because they are aware of reality and know that with emancipation came personal accountability. Again, there's too much 'best of both worlds' and not enough 'real world' with many of them.

PureX

Actually, there is nothing a woman can do to avoid an assault, because the decision to assault her is not hers to make. The best she can do is try to anticipate when and how such an assault might occur and try to avoid enabling those conditions. Yet, even then, if the assault occurs, it's not because she didn't try hard enough to avoid it. Because it was never her choice to be assaulted, or not to be. … NEVER. She is not responsible for what she did not choose to happen to her. Degrees of precaution are completely irrelevant to the fact of the assault.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Actually, there is nothing a woman can do to avoid an assault, because the decision to assault her is not hers to make.

Then why is it that wary, intelligent women have a much lower rate of being assaulted than rebellious, relatively unintelligent ones?

It seems to me like those as yourself simply make excuses for women.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
There's plenty a woman can do to help avoid rape, just like there's plenty a man can do to avoid assault.

But, women have this 'world is my glass palace' ideology and that the men need to make way for their security :rolleyes:

This is the going rate- whine and moan and complain; call everyone who is in opposition to them 'misogynists', and solve absolutely nothing. Women depend on rape to keep their victim complex alive and breathing, because it is the means in which they can continue to do as they do.

You don't see many conservative women doing as these women do because they are aware of reality and know that with emancipation came personal accountability. Again, there's too much 'best of both worlds' and not enough 'real world' with many of them.

George Costanza playing chess

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Wise people speak when they have something to say, fools speak when they need to say something.

This is why annabanana, among others, fail in these discussions.