Racism, Bigotry and Misogyny at TOL

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
She is very dishonest. When I have time, i will address the other Misrepresentations and out right lies about me in that post I last responded to.

Here is what's crazy: neither you , nor cruc, nor trad, nor GD, nor genuine ever starts out trashing any of these people (Anna demands you notice their gender),. You guys make claims about society and morals and laws and traditions in general that are quite unacceptable to many people . They take it as a personal attack for some reason and then proceed to behave in the most horrible fashion possible (animals).

Being deliberately dishonest in order to cause harm to other people is orders of magnitude worse than any supposed sickness residing in people for having the temerity to bring up ideas for society even if the seem abhorrent.

Get a grip. You all trash people without provocation, I've gotten drive-by snipes from all of you on a regular basis. (And this coming from the guy who lied about his identity. That's rich...) You're back on ignore. You're a real piece of work.

Edit:

Except Trad. Of the four guys I was referring to, and for all his inexcusable statements, he doesn't do drive-by sniping so I shouldn't have included him.

Busy school day ahead. Have at it, guys. I'm sure you've got something absolutely stunning to add to your manifesto.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Get a grip. You all trash people without provocation, I've gotten drive-by snipes from all of you on a regular basis. (And this coming from the guy who lied about his identity. That's rich...) You're back on ignore. You're a real piece of work.

you banged all that out just to tell him you were putting him on ignore?

bizarre

do you scream out your car window at people you don't like "i'm don't like you! I don't like you! I'm going to ignore you!"

ok doser

This is very true, and to be honest why I've avoided posting on the forum for awhile. I've lately had to deal with a man who is an abusive alcoholic. Now, it's not a family member, nor my husband, but a man I unfortunately have to spend a large amount of time around due to my job.

He has mentally abused me, verbally abused me, threatened to murder me, now I'm just waiting for him to hit me so I can go to the police and finally do something about it. Reading all this "women deserve such and such for whatever reason" is outrageous. Especially when the majority of the time the woman did NOTHING to even remotely "deserve" it. You know why this man thinks I deserve his abuse? Because I call his mother "mom" and because I do my laundry at his sisters apartment, and also one day I forgot to put my coffee mug in the sink. Yep, I am just a horrible person aren't I?

Here's the thing, the person perpetrating the violence (whomever they may be and whatever sex that happens to be) will always, ALWAYS have a reason why their actions are JUSTIFIED. Would anyone here suggest to me that I should continue living in fear of what this man may do next? I've actually been encouraged by some to provoke him to do violence against me because nothing can be done until he does. I've also talked many others out of "taking care" of my problem because it will just be worse for them than for this man.

So yes any time I see ANYTHING that is a blanket statement reguarding that anyone DESERVES violence against them without any knowledge of any details of any situation it irks me.

I'm sure that if some of the men here were to talk to the man I'm having problems with I would be sold as the spawn of satan himself, the worst woman in the world, in his mind deserving of all kinds of "punishment" or "retribution".

So, long story short this is a VERY touchy subject for me now, but I finally had to get it off my chest somewhere.

this abusive guy you're having to deal with - seems to me like a good thrashing might make him rethink his behavior

Sitamun

Traditio I can't stress enough that the person I am talking about is NOT my husband. In fact the person in question has also tried to verbally attack my husband. Of course he said these things to me, he's not brave enough to say them to his face. The man I am talking about is my friends brother. My friend is disabled, as in bed ridden (or a wheelchair) but she can't walk.

THIS is why I don't just quit my job, because she is his favorite target for his abuse because she can't walk away. My standing operating procedure for him these days is ignore and avoid, but I know one day it won't be enough and he'll explode. I just hope it's in a way we can handle.

ok doser

Traditio I can't stress enough that the person I am talking about is NOT my husband. In fact the person in question has also tried to verbally attack my husband. Of course he said these things to me, he's not brave enough to say them to his face. The man I am talking about is my friends brother. My friend is disabled, as in bed ridden (or a wheelchair) but she can't walk.

THIS is why I don't just quit my job, because she is his favorite target for his abuse because she can't walk away. My standing operating procedure for him these days is ignore and avoid, but I know one day it won't be enough and he'll explode. I just hope it's in a way we can handle.

does he have a history of violence?

known by the police?

diagnosed with a psych disorder?

on/off meds?

Sitamun

does he have a history of violence?

known by the police?

diagnosed with a psych disorder?

on/off meds?

I know he has hit previous girlfriends

Not known to Chicago p.d. Owning to him just moving back here after spending 10 years in Florida.

Won't go to doctor, even after his family begged him to. Self medicating with alcohol.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
you banged all that out just to tell him you were putting him on ignore?

bizarre

do you scream out your car window at people you don't like "i'm don't like you! I don't like you! I'm going to ignore you!"

Is it bad that I've actually imagined her and the other few doing something like that?
:rotfl:

PureX

Try to keep in mind that this person is sick. As are some of the people who participate on TOL. All that bile you experience from them is a symptom of their sickness.

That being said, just because they're sick doesn't mean anyone else has to put up with it. When we see a runaway bus, we get out of it's way. And we should do the same for ourselves when we are confronted by people who are out of control. It's not personal, really, it's just a practical threat, and a practical response. Get out of the way and notify the professionals. That's about all you can reasonably do in those situations. But there's no reason to take the abuse to heart, or feel it's your responsibility to fix the problem. The abuse is just a symptom of illness, and you can't fix this particular problem.

Same goes for the abusive attitudes being displayed on these threads by some of the sick people who participate, here. Their insults are just a symptom of their sickness. Their bile is just their own internal damage oozing out of them. And there really isn't anything we can do to help them. All we can do is just avoid them, and go on about our own business.

Put them on 'ignore' and leave them there. They'll usually leave you alone after a while, when they realize they aren't going to get any reaction. Or they'll eventually make such a nuisance of themselves that someone who can deal with them, will.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Same goes for the abusive attitudes being displayed on these threads by some of the sick people who participate, here. Their insults are just a symptom of their sickness. Their bile is just their own internal damage oozing out of them. And there really isn't anything we can do to help them. All we can do is just avoid them, and go on about our own business.

Put them on 'ignore' and leave them there. They'll usually leave you alone after a while, when they realize they aren't going to get any reaction. Or they'll eventually make such a nuisance of themselves that someone who can deal with them, will.

Thanks, PureX. You're right, and I keep adding to the ignore list, but I have no regrets for putting up the direct quotes and then letting Exhibits A, B, C, and D do what they do. And they will... Exhibit A has 107 posts in the thread already.
107... so far.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All we can do is just avoid them, and go on about our own business.
Or .....
If they push your button, push back.
nuke-button_zpsvadedws7.jpg