question for MADIsts.

God's Truth

The Jews had an alter and sacrificed animals believing in the one to come --- the Redeemer Jesus Christ and His work on the Cross of Calvary.
Not all Jews had faith...the old law did NOT require faith. A Jew could do all the ceremonial works, but not really be sorry for their sins. Sorrow for our sins and a sin offering go together...but who was to know the difference, besides God?

The old law was about earthy man. The new law is about the spirit within a man.

Faith makes the difference.

God cut off the Jews who did not already have faith, when Jesus came.

Don't you remember, Jesus said to some of the Jews they would be thrown out?

The world also had an altar and sacrificed animals, but the object of their faith was not the Redeemer and His work to come.

You are detouring from our discussion.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have learned from doing what my Teacher says. I have been shown that those who think we cannot stop sinning are those who never gave up even one sin for the Lord.

As long as a Child of God is in the flesh, they will continue to sin. However, in their Spiritual position, they cannot sin. Christ took care of that 2000 years ago. As "True Believers" and being a member of the Body of Christ we have the righteousness of christ, before God.

God's Truth

As long as a Child of God is in the flesh, they will continue to sin. However, in their Spiritual position, they cannot sin. Christ took care of that 2000 years ago. As "True Believers" and being a member of the Body of Christ we have the righteousness of christ, before God.

That doesn't make any sense...they sin, but cannot sin. Nonsense, for either you sin or you do not.

We can overcome and stop sinning. Some never will and do not have the lightest idea how...that would be you...in my humble opinion from what you say here.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That doesn't make any sense...they sin, but cannot sin. Nonsense, for either you sin or you do not.

We can overcome and stop sinning. Some never will and do not have the lightest idea how...that would be you...in my humble opinion from what you say here.

You have what they call, "False humility." Believe me, "They" know what they're talking about.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
YOU say you keep sinning.
Let's see what scripture says.

1 John 1:8 KJV
(8) If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.​

The same that the prophets said.

1 Kings 8:46 KJV
(46) If they sin against thee, (for there is no man that sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them to the enemy, so that they carry them away captives unto the land of the enemy, far or near;​

Ecclesiastes 7:20 KJV
(20) For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

(8) If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.​

(46) If they sin against thee, (for there is no man that sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them to the enemy, so that they carry them away captives unto the land of the enemy, far or near;​

Amen Tam

God's Truth

Hey, GT, I don't think you'll find one single naive poster on TOL who will be willing to accept that YOU never do anything wrong.

Who are you to judge me?

It is not about me, it is about Jesus Christ the Lord and Savior.

Oh but wait, YOU do not have to do what he says, or even believe for yourself personally anything that he says, only Paul.

God's Truth

Those scriptures PROVE you have to repent before you are saved.