who
is in this beautiful place with a beautiful map
but
he doesn't know where he is
so
the map doesn't help you get to where you want to go
so
I wonder again
does freelight even know where he wants to go?

I specifically answered you in my last post and asked you clear-pointed questions which got no response. Courtesy would afford an answer or at least a thoughtful commentary addressing your own research into the inquiries. Thats the purpose of 'creative dialogue', which I pioneer.

As far as your "you are here" metaphor, I specifically addressed this in indicating that it is one's own life that is where one begins, because it is being experienced by 'you' alone, since the center of consciousness is within your own 'being'. I'd review my previous commentaries more carefully to appreciate their inquisitive nature, as they are meant to inspire one's own research and discovery. Such is the nature of a 'quest-ion'.

I dont feel the need to lay out a 'laundry-list' of what could be changed for the better, (or provide an 'example') since a conscious person is probably aware of what 'programs' in his own life could use some 'changing' as well as for humanity as a whole. Every moment of existence is undergoing change for better or worse, conditioned by so many factors, among them 'freedom of choice'. One can look at their own life and conditions around them and determine what can be changed.....again....for the better.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
freelight changes his mind like some change their clothes
what you do is not important
but
looking good while you do it is

If you dont have any power to change your mind, or modify your programs, you are but a robot. One can change their minds to become a better more conscious person.

What you do is certainly important, as well as the mentality behind such actions.

You asked for 'examples' of what could be changed for the better. Ask yourself.

pj

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
As far as your "you are here" metaphor, I specifically addressed this in indicating that it is one's own life that is where one begins,

that is a given
and
I guess I figured we could skip over that

okay so we exist and there must be a purpose somewhere
and
where are we?
and
where do we want to go?

back to the map
do you have one?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
If you dont have any power to change your mind, or modify your programs, you are but a robot. One can change their minds to become a better more conscious person.

What you do is certainly important, as well as the mentality behind such actions.

You asked for 'examples' of what could be changed for the better. Ask yourself.

pj

as far as change goes
I was really referring to the changes our government is making
like health care
is that a change for the better?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
All of those are denominations. mad isnt a denomination - its a belief, you know like if one believes in dispensationalism, or not.

You left off those of us who are non denominational.

how would you classify and/or identify the biggest group on tol?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
how would you classify and/or identify the biggest group on tol?

I wouldnt classify them as a denomination. If you wanted to list mad, your "program" should read like this:

Madists
Preterists
Partial Preterists
Milenialists
Fururists
Dispensationalists
Replacement Theologists
Trinitarians
Non Trinitatians (and then you could even break this down into those who think The Father, Son and Spirit are all Jesus and then those who think Jesus is not God.

And loads of other things that are particular beliefs that some denominations may or may not hold and even those within certain ones dont believe it all, not denominations.

For example, sky appears not to believe in replacement theology, yet is calvanist, most calvanists believe replacement theology.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I wouldnt classify them as a denomination. If you wanted to list mad, your "program" should read like this:

Madists
Preterists
Partial Preterists
Milenialists
Fururists
Dispensationalists
Replacement Theologists
Trinitarians
Non Trinitatians (and then you could even break this down into those who think The Father, Son and Spirit are all Jesus and then those who think Jesus is not God.

And loads of other things that are particular beliefs, not denominations.

interesting

what is a replacement theologist?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
interesting

what is a replacement theologist?

Catholics for one. Its the belief that the church has completely replaced the jews in all promises and blessings and that God basically is done with them (since catholics also believe preterism) They believe biblical passages that apply specifically to the hebrews as applying to the church, but ignore the negative passages of that nature and believe revelation has already happened.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
mapquest...............

mapquest...............

that is a given
and
I guess I figured we could skip over that

okay so we exist and there must be a purpose somewhere
and
where are we?
and
where do we want to go?

back to the map
do you have one?

Funny that I recently purchased a little plaque with a picture and quote that says "Life is a journey, and only you hold the map". If you are an individual expression of 'God', an offspring of 'God', a 'personality' with inherent intelligence and capacity for wisdom...you have a 'map' as it were and an inner compass. External helps or 'maps' can be in the way of revelations given to man in any given religious tradition, and by those teachers or prophets that have come to earth to give 'instructions'.

The constutition of heaven must be intrinsic to man, since man's being exists only because of God's Being, and all intelligence and life originates therefrom. Man is given a map and compass, for he is not left without resources, whether they come from within or without.

Do you have a personal map?

pj

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Catholics for one. Its the belief that the church has completely replaced the jews in all promises and blessings and that God basically is done with them (since catholics also believe preterism) They believe biblical passages that apply specifically to the hebrews as applying to the church, but ignore the negative passages of that nature and believe revelation has already happened.

wow!
I never knew that
more will understand what a catholic is
how many will know what a replacement theologist is?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
and what exactly is that?

Supersessionism, fulfillment theology, and replacement theology are terms long used for the biblical interpretation that the New Covenant supersedes or replaces the Mosaic Covenant,[1][2] the latter thus also referred to as the Old Covenant. The terms do not appear in the Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church; however, the view they cover is considered part of most traditional Christian views of the Old Covenant, viewing the Christian Church as the inheritor of the promises made with the children of Israel.[3][4] This view contrasts with the minority views of dual-covenant theology on the one side and abrogation of Old Covenant laws on the other.

Basically it means OT promises and covenants no longer apply to the Jews at all, and that all blessings concerning adherents to those things, now apply to the church and that prophecies about them specifically, is not about them now but the church.

Those who do not believe replacement theology, believe that there will be a point where the church age ends, and then Gods focus will shift back to the jews to bring them to repentance. (end times stuff)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Funny that I recently purchased a little plaque with a picture and quote that says "Life is a journey, and only you hold the map". If you are an individual expression of 'God', an offspring of 'God', a 'personality' with inherent intelligence and capacity for wisdom...you have a 'map' as it were and an inner compass. External helps or 'maps' can be in the way of revelations given to man in any given religious tradition, and by those teachers or prophets that have come to earth to give 'instructions'.

The constutition of heaven must be intrinsic to man, since man's being exists only because of God's Being, and all intelligence and life originates therefrom. Man is given a map and compass, for he is not left without resources, whether they come from within or without.

Do you have a personal map?

pj

I have referred to the Church as a road map for everyone
Jesus gave it to us
He is the way

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

Madists
Preterists
Partial Preterists
Milenialists
Fururists
Dispensationalists
Replacement Theologists
Trinitarians

And loads of other things that are particular beliefs that some denominations may or may not hold and even those within certain ones dont believe it all, not denominations.

For example, sky appears not to believe in replacement theology, yet is calvanist, most calvanists believe replacement theology.

I would like to see more discussion on this
it is something I would like to add
including:
osas
open view

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
THIS is where the fun begins...even if you ask Catholics...are they
Proconsular or anti?
protridentine or not?
conservative or liberal?
for or agin celibacy?
Women's libber or not?
charismatic?
Augustine or Origen?
Aquinas or Erasmus?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
within and without the 'church'......

within and without the 'church'......

I have referred to the Church as a road map for everyone
Jesus gave it to us
He is the way

Yet not all have access to the 'church', as its currently organized or assumed. If 'God' however indwells every soul...there is a kind of 'map' or 'inner compass' by the very light of that presence within. Outside instructions and concepts of religious teaching or terms may assist one in accessing and learning to navigate thru life, yet that light of Spirit is ever-present.

A soul is born with that light, no matter what 'programs' are later introduced to it or imposed thereon. Some programming is better than others in facilitating true religious experience or spiritual growth, and various religious traditions may provide such instructions towards positive or negative ends. In the face of our own religious journey or the experience of mankind in general, how are the current programs doing?

If we take Christianity by itself, its history...this could be a complicated question granted its curious evolution as we regard what positive or negative influences the 'church' has had in the progress of man. The same could be said for other religious movements, of course. What attracts us to whatever religious traditions we were born into or have currently adopted may depend on various factors consonant to where we are at in our soul's journey :)

pj