program

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
learning to operate in the Matrix.......

learning to operate in the Matrix.......

happy to see everyone having fun here

Yes, having a ball. An added plus is if your current 'program' is not fulfilling or satisfying in its approximation of truth or experience of joy, you can modify, upgrade or download a new program. You are at the drivers seat and have some measure of 'freedom' in choosing your program directives.

but
let's take a close look at the last two posters
freelight can't get enough knowledge
but
you won't see him nailing anything down
whenever he finds something new and exciting
he throws away anything that might get in the way of it

I've already addressed this here and elsewhere. Words are words....programs are programs. They are instruments for sharing information.

One can dispense with programs or concepts altogether and be at home with reality as it actually exists NOW (free of all mental images, concepts, ideas, beliefs, opinions, etc.) and be FREE. I Am actually always already free in my natural state, - it is only the mind that clutters, misinforms and complicates matters thru its perceptions, subject to distortion, interpretation, translation. When the mind is wholly attentive only to Spirit, all that exists for it is the reality of Spirit. "to be spiritually minded is life and peace".

Again, programs are dispensible, subject to change, reivision, modifications, upgrades, deletion. One can affiliate with whatever religious tradition or spiritual pathway they choose, by the law of attraction, until that pathway no longer serves its purpose, or stay within a particular tradition thru-out any given life-time. Everyone has their daily program, and is programmed by society or religious upbringing more or less, or can also de-program themselves more or less. Within any given environment or circumstance, you have some freedom to respond, co-create and revise. Isn't that wonderful?

pj

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Again, programs are dispensible, subject to change, reivision, modifications, upgrades, deletion.

truth doesn't change
but
our version of it can

we really have come a long way

divorce is now okay
so is abortion
and
marriage has lost its meaning

what else would you like to change?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...we really have come a long way
It's true. A few generations ago we could have bought someone.

divorce is now okay
Is it? I imagine it depends on who you ask and it's rare (outside of Hollywood) that you hear people going through one pronounce that sentiment.

so is abortion
No, it's just legal to one extent or another. More and more people aren't happy about the extent part.

and
Mine hasn't. Sorry for you if yours has because of someone else...I think that's peculiar, but I'm sorry for you anyway.

Your optimism. :plain:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
jury duty

jury duty

freelight wrote:

Again, programs are dispensible, subject to change, reivision, modifications, upgrades, deletion. One can affiliate with whatever religious tradition or spiritual pathway they choose, by the law of attraction, until that pathway no longer serves its purpose, or stay within a particular tradition thru-out any given life-time.

now there is a loaded statement

its purpose or your purpose?

is the jury still out on this one?

Note the 'context' in which the above was said for a proper 'interpretation'. If a path or method no longer serves you, and there are better paths or methods existing that are more appropriate for you at any point along the spiritual journey, isn't it inevitable that those old 'ways' would be abandoned for a new 'way'? Ask yourself.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
versions.................

versions.................

truth doesn't change
but
our version of it can

True, to an extent. There is absolute truth and relative truth,...the latter is more prone to different versions, conditioned by point of view. 'Versions' only exist by relative perception, subject to 'interpretation'. Absolute reality has no 'versions' in and of itself, being prior to translation. It just 'is',...you cant define it. Language distorts.

we really have come a long way

In the context of evolution, its optimistic to think so.

divorce is now okay
so is abortion
and

This is too 'loaded' to touch.

Only that which can be changed for the better.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
movements.......

movements.......

can you give us an example?

The statement remains to be considered,....meditate upon it. Is there anything that can be changed for the better? In a world where there is change, evolution, adaption....are not things evolving, transforming, from level to level towards more complex, effecient, creative expressions, unfolding their innate potentials and possibilities to reveal their true purpose further infused with limitless possibilities? I say look at nature and man's divine potential, or creation altogether. Isn't creation itself an apparent example of an ever changing continnum of movement, transformation, evolution? Such is Life.

Apart from change happening at every point in the convergence of space-time creation.....isnt there room for positive change individually and collectively on both religious and secular levels?

Examples abound, more glarily within our own religious practice and spiritual goals. Transformation itself takes place within the perception of space-time, even if an inevitable illusion :)

All the prophets come preaching some form or 'repentance',...that is change of mind, effecting a transformation of some kind, preparing/enabling one to enter into the 'kingdom'(consciousness) of 'heaven', the natural and spiritual laws of existence, the principles of harmony and 'at-one-ment' with the Creator.

Would you say there is nothing to change in your own soul or religious programming,... that it is already perfect and immutable? We can apply this question to the collective of humanity as well, since the Collective is a community of individuals. Changes can be towards degression or progression,...to which would you prefer to apply your power of mind?

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
choosing to effect positive changes.......

choosing to effect positive changes.......

it is so obvious that you need a reference point
but
I will say it anyway

you need a reference point

do you have one?

A most intimate reference point is one's own life, since it is changing moment to moment and as it unfolds choices can be made for the better effecting better conditions and outcomes within our life-experience. Would you agree with this? I've already brought this up as an example, since our own 'minds' can be 'changed' via the process of 'repentance', which includes re-orienting our attention towards eternal values, ideals and principles, consonant with divine will and nature. Do you feel that 'personal transformation' or 'positive religious practice' is not a valid reference point or example of 'change' that can be for the better, when we set our minds to make such changes? Everything in this world....is changing. If we truly have any measure of 'free will' we can choose to make better conditions and reap better results from our positive attitudes and actions. No?

I'm still perplexed over your wanting an example of what can be 'changed for the better', when that ought to be obvious, since there are many things existing within one's own personal life and society in general, that could be CHANGED in order to better reflect the order and harmony of God's kingdom (love), being an expression of the divine nature. 'Repentance' (change of mind, re-orientation of attitude) would be pointless, if it was not to effect a change of consciousness or behavior for the better.

Aren't you cognizant of things you feel need to be 'changed' for the better? :idunno:

pj

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I was at the zoo yesterday
and
it is a complicated place
I spent a lot of time looking at this one map
they forgot the 'you are here' part
so
it was not very helpful
that made me think of freelight
who
is in this beautiful place with a beautiful map
but
he doesn't know where he is
so
the map doesn't help you get to where you want to go
so
I wonder again
does freelight even know where he wants to go?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
freelight changes his mind like some change their clothes what you do is not important
but looking good while you do it is
I thought the zoo bit was almost poetic, but this one, following, is why I don't like you. It's pointlessly mean spirited.

I don't agree with a lot of what free has to say, but I never mistake him for someone who is less than thoughtful or concerned. Painting him as superficial may make you feel better, satisfy that itch to bang the gavel, but what else is it but a love letter to yourself in public and an excuse to sneer at someone who isn't offering you insult or harm?