Planned Parenthood caught selling body parts of aborted babies

Granite

Hall of Fame
The sale of fetal parts has always been illegal. Planned Parenthood says it is donating tissue at the request of some of their patients--which is legal.

Apparently the organization sometimes receives reimbursement from tissue donation for the additional expenses of donations, such as transportation costs.

What I was able to find out is that Planned Parenthood does not profit off of the donations.

I'm conflicted on this, myself--from what I see there have been some significant medical advances thanks to fetal tissue research, but it definitely seems like a tremendous gray area.

Yes, the "money" struck me as awfully low yesterday, but if it's handling transportation and the like those figures (thirty bucks?) make a lot more sense.

republicanchick

How telling that there is no response on Post #`16

In any case, as the pope prophesied, birth control will lead (has led) to abortion

Isn't it about 55 million murdered in the US since Roe v Wade?

And Protestants still don't see the connection between artif bc and abortion....

well, you know... they can't be expected to follow the CATHOLIC Church, of all things... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

___

musterion

In the video (did you leftists watch it?) she refers to a "17 weeker." Not "baby," not even "fetus." Just a commodity, completely dehumanized.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
News: Babies are murdered and their parts sold.
Liberals: It's OK, the murderers agreed to the deal.

bybee

News: Babies are murdered and their parts sold.
Liberals: It's OK, the murderers agreed to the deal.

I saw a letter on face book wherein the abortionist/murderer states that he only crushes the upper part and the lower part so that the internal organs in the chest will be available.
I can hardly bear to repeat this without the urge to vomit.
I'm praying to God to help me get a grip on myself.

musterion

Does the Bible give any information on how God views nations that kill their own children?

Rhetorical question. Those who care already know. To those who don't care, it doesn't matter.

Jose Fly

So what exactly is supposed to be the huge revelation here? That abortions happen? Already knew that. That tissues from aborted fetuses can be donated for scientific research? Already knew that (it's been going on since the 1930's). That Planned Parenthood gets reimbursed for the costs of transporting the donated tissues? I guess I didn't know that, but it's hardly a shocking revelation.

Other than this being a chance for those who are against abortion to dust off their outrage and put it on again, I don't really see anything new here.

Granite

Hall of Fame
So what exactly is supposed to be the huge revelation here? That abortions happen? Already knew that. That tissues from aborted fetuses can be donated for scientific research? Already knew that (it's been going on since the 1930's). That Planned Parenthood gets reimbursed for the costs of transporting the donated tissues? I guess I didn't know that, but it's hardly a shocking revelation.

Other than this being a chance for those who are against abortion to dust off their outrage and put it on again, I don't really see anything new here.

It's definitely unsettling, sure, and the average Joe certainly wouldn't be informed of these things (I sure wasn't). That said, the video was edited selectively--either to manufacture outrage, or serve as a fundraising tool. Bottom line, "PP sells body parts" is simply not true. But at this point the facts behind the matter won't matter to some people.

What good it might do is force a discussion about the ethics of fetal tissue research. But as an attempt to discredit and or "bust" Planned Parenthood, it's failed, and shows its creators as disingenuous or dishonest at best.

musterion

I have not seen it but I just read that the full video has been released to refute claims of selective, out of context editing.

Jose Fly

It's definitely unsettling, sure

I don't understand what's so unsettling (unless you're already "unsettled" at the notion of abortions overall).

and the average Joe certainly wouldn't be informed of these things (I sure wasn't).

What things? That fetal tissue can be donated for research? That issue has been in the news before, e.g., with the last Pope issuing a statement saying that even though some vaccines were originally developed using fetal tissues, it's OK to get vaccinated now since they don't use fetal tissues any more (the tissues were only used to develop the vaccines).

That said, the video was edited selectively--either to manufacture outrage, or serve as a fundraising tool. Bottom line, "PP sells body parts" is simply not true. But at this point the facts behind the matter won't matter to some people.

What good it might do is force a discussion about the ethics of fetal tissue research. But as an attempt to discredit and or "bust" Planned Parenthood, it's failed, and shows its creators as disingenuous or dishonest at best.

What worries me is that as we saw with the goofy and highly edited ACORN sting video (and the people in this PP video have ties to that), it doesn't matter and if enough outrage is generated, political action will follow. Never mind that it's all based on lies.

bybee

It would appear that you don't see much at all.
Pity

Jose Fly

I have not seen it but I just read that the full video has been released to refute claims of selective, out of context editing.

Not quite.

SNOPES: Baby Parts for Sale

It’s unclear why the video was held for over a year before it was released, and it has some curious aspects to it. For starters, it opens with a news report and footage of Planned Parenthood president Gloria Feldt condemning “inappropriate behavior,” presented in a manner that made Feldt’s statement seem like she was commenting on the current issue even though the quote was actually more than a decade old.

That sort of thing isn't a mistake; it's deliberate.

musterion

Speaking only for myself, the real revelation here is not that the tissues are being used as they are -- as you say, that has been fairly common knowledge. What I did not realize is the assembly (de-assembly) line approach PP has secretly taken in order to provide human organs to high paying clients. I expected them to already have dehumanized babies, that's a given. I did not realize those babies had become such a lucrative commodity to the point of being referred to as a "14 weeker," just another part at the bio-chop shop to be cut up and sold off.

The only possible route PP can take will be the "Yeah, and?" approach. There's nothing they can say that will assuage people who already oppose them; likewise if they try to mitigate it or downplay it, they risk ticking off their supporters who LOVE what they're doing. The only minds that will possibly be changed by this are those pro-aborts who have had twinges of conscience all along...this is liable to push them off the other side of the fence. No one else will budge.

Jose Fly

What I did not realize is the assembly (de-assembly) line approach PP has secretly taken in order to provide human organs to high paying clients.

What do you mean "high paying clients"? All PP is getting is reimbursement of expenses. Who are you saying is getting highly paid?

I expected them to already have dehumanized babies, that's a given. I did not realize those babies had become such a lucrative commodity.

Again you seem to be perpetuating the falsehood that PP is profiting here.

The only possible route PP can take will be the "Yeah, and?" approach. There's nothing they can say that will assuage people who already oppose them; likewise if they try to mitigate it or downplay it, they risk ticking off their supporters. The only minds that will possibly be changed by this are those pro-aborts who have had twinges of conscience all along...this is liable to push them off the other side of the fence. No one else will budge.

As we're seeing, some of those on the anti-PP side can't even be bothered to get the facts right or behave honestly.